{'en': 'Diet.I am made a mess with what to eat ... especially with the hydrates', 'es': 'Dieta. Estoy hecho un lío con lo que comer... sobretodo con los hidratos'} Image

Diet.I am made a mess with what to eat ... especially with the hydrates

Dixon's profile photo   02/25/2018 9:42 p.m.

They gave me the typical diet dueBreakfast, 6 at food, 1 snack and 4 dinner.The problem is that they do not make differences in glycemic index plan and that, and I do not upload the same to eat 6 rations of rice than 6 chickpeas, for example.I don't know how to control that.And the potatoes that also go up a lot, in theory could eat 300 grams of potatoes in food, since each ration is 50 grams.

On the other hand, it does not specify if it is in raw or cooked.Because 15 grams of ration rice, if it is raw, are 90 grams without cooking that then becomes a lot more ... and it is not the same 90 cooked of white rice than of integral.

I would like to know how you organize the hydrates.I want to eat them, because I do not want to miss any nutritional property of anything, but I am a bit looked with the hydrates.What hydrates do you eat?Above all, integral cereal in the human body is very important, and I don't know where to get it from.I need some guide.If you already put any photo of your diets, it would be milk.

I know that I don't have to live for diabetes, but I want to take care of myself and take care of myself, not to worry, to be as healthy as possible and not go from 140 in glucose almost never.Let's see if we can get to old people ... haha ​​:)

Dixon's profile photo
Dixon
02/25/2018 9:42 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

The glycemic index should only affect the time you put the insulin, if it has a high glycemic index it will be that it goes up quickly and the rapid insulin you should put the between 15 and 20 minutes before eating.If it is a slow glycemic index or you are going to eat many fats or fibers I would put the insulin after eating, with the pizza I do that and still rises too much when the insulin no longer takes effect.
If that happens to you with several meals try not to eat them often, I have decided to leave the pizza because it is what I have most problems to calculate.
The si in raw or cooked looks for a table of rations online (there are many) and compare it with yours, in the Internet it hurts to leave both the weight in raw and in cooked or fried or whatever it is so comparing them with yoursYou will know what refers to.
If you feel you still lose weight because the diet is very low in calories or hydrates for you calculate your insulin - ration ratio.
How fast are you put in food for 6 portions?If you get 6 your ratio is 1 of insulin for each ration.
If you put yourself 3, 0.5 of insulin for each ration
If you get 12 - 1.5 insulin by ration.
Do this with food breakfast and dinner because the ratio sometimes changes according to the time of day.
If you have not learned well what I have explained to you, tell me the insulin that you put on and I will tell you more or less as you should do it.
Once you know this, how much insulin you need for each ration, you will only have to raise the fast insulin while the portions.For example, if your ratio is 1 insulin unit for each ration you can get into food from 6 portions to 7 whenever you climb the insulin from 6 to 7 too.This will depend on your ratio, which is the first thing to calculate.

Macarena93's profile photo
Macarena93
02/25/2018 10 p.m.

Do not stop eating any food.The pizza you have to control it with a dual bolus, or imitating it if you use pen, that is, in two punctures.It must be said that pizza is a highly variable food and varies a lot from restaurant restaurant ... you can try it and put half of the dose at the beginning, before eating it, and the other half at the time or hour and a half of eating it(Then you adjust what you need before and then according to the result, for example I need 70% at the beginning and 30% in the second batch of insulin, but use pump and programmed it in square 2-3 hours).Keep in mind that if you eat for example 5 rations, you must also take into account the "protein fat unit" and count some more ration in addition to the 5 that you have already counted, since part of the fat containing the pizza will also becomeIn carbohydrates.If you don't consider it, you will miss insulin and you will also be high.As a general rule, insulin always puts before eating, with all foods, also with pizza.If you put the insulin after eating you will have an immediate rise peak because it does not have a circulating insulin in blood and you will be very high, it is evident ... @macarena93 @dixon

JPR's profile photo
JPR
02/25/2018 10:52 p.m.

30 años. Diabetes tipo 1 desde los 10
Medtronic Minimed 640g
NovoRapid
hA1c: 6%
Sensor Enlite

My advice now that you are starting is that you do not lead yourself with the glycemic index.

Fulfill the rations that have been scheduled, and when you have to make the profile prior to the visit, write the postprandial controls.

If the posts are high, you are missing fast insulin.

If you see a lot of difference between the chickpeas and other farinaces (potato, pasta or rice), make a mark in the notebook the day you eat chickpeas.Thus, when you go to the visit, you can comment with your educator and your doctor.

Later, when you are more stable, they will give you, if you want, an insulin/carbohydrate ratio for each strip of the day, and that will give you freedom to choose the amount of portions you want to eat.

But go step by step.

Greetings

EndocrinaAntiNewAge's profile photo
EndocrinaAntiNewAge
02/25/2018 11:44 p.m.

macarena93 said:
the glycemic index should only affect the time you put the insulin, if it has a high glycemic index it will be that it goes up quickly and the rapid insulin you should put the between15 and 20 minutes before eating.If it is a slow glycemic index or you are going to eat many fats or fibers I would put the insulin after eating, with the pizza I do that and still rises too much when the insulin no longer takes effect.
If that happens to you with several meals try not to eat them often, I have decided to leave the pizza because it is what I have most problems to calculate.
The si in raw or cooked looks for a table of rations online (there are many) and compare it with yours, in the Internet it hurts to leave both the weight in raw and in cooked or fried or whatever it is so comparing them with yoursYou will know what refers to.
If you feel you still lose weight because the diet is very low in calories or hydrates for you calculate your insulin - ration ratio.
How fast are you put in food for 6 portions?If you get 6 your ratio is 1 of insulin for each ration.
If you put yourself 3, 0.5 of insulin for each ration
If you get 12 - 1.5 insulin by ration.
Do this with food breakfast and dinner because the ratio sometimes changes according to the time of day.
If you have not learned well what I have explained to you, tell me the insulin that you put on and I will tell you more or less as you should do it.
Once you know this, how much insulin you need for each ration, you will only have to raise the fast insulin while the portions.For example, if your ratio is 1 insulin unit for each ration you can get into food from 6 portions to 7 whenever you climb the insulin from 6 to 7 too.This will depend on your ratio, which is the first thing to calculate.

Always such kind Macarena!Thank you so much :)

I have understood everything perfectly.The truth is that your comment has solved everything practically.The only thing I do not know is since the sugar measure is considered the standard for these measures and corrections.That is, if I arrive before eating with 70 glucose, it is not the same as arriving with 120. Then, to correspond exactly the insulin with the ration, what is the standard measure?100?Because if I arrive with 70, you may not have to equate it to the rations and have to reduce 1 or 2 insulin units.

For example, if I am going to eat 300 grams of paste and cooked rice, which are 6 portions and a medium-high IG (50), you would prick the insulin as soonAlthough it is not a very high IG?If you eat white rice and cooked potato, or do you drink a beer, would you put it 20 minutes before for insulin to be in the body truth, or even before?And to put it after eating when it is and why?If you eat a pizza (wheat flour with high Ig like white rice) and it will raise you a lot to mean that you would have to put the insulin before so that it does not upload you fast, right?I do not understand the reason to put it then then if for the rice you would do one thing and for the wheat flour another.Explain to me if you can please.

I just saw that the pumpkin is 75 of Ig Joder and I have made a pumpkin puree

Dixon's profile photo
Dixon
02/26/2018 12:03 a.m.

The pizza particularly happens to me because how it carries cheese with a lotFat takes longer is to climb.
And what you say about the values ​​to start eating, the insulin-hotel ratio more or less should leave you about two hours after eating with the same glucose with which you started, if you started with 70 and you have done well the insulin calculation-Hydrates at two hours or so you will be with 70. From there it is up to youThe best want to prick you one more of the account and then have it below 180.

Macarena93
02/26/2018 12:25 a.m.

macarena93 said:
the pizza particularly happens to me because as it carries cheese with a lot of fat that makes me a lot to climb, normal, beyond the IG, if theFood, even if it is a high IG, it has a lot of fiber or a lot of fat it takes longer is to rise.
And what you say about the values ​​to start eating, the insulin-hotel ratio more or less should leave you about two hours after eating with the same glucose with which you started, if you started with 70 and you have done well the insulin calculation-Hydrates at two hours or so you will be with 70. From there it is up to youThe best want to prick you one more of the account and then have it below 180.

I understand.For example, the oatmeal that is low IG and also has a lot of fiber, you would prick after eating it?I would like to start breakfast oatmeal flakes to do some sport but I am afraid that it goes up a lot ... and then there is the theme view.I wanted to start weights as I did before but I have read that if you have something wrong with vision, what high intensity exercises or that they suppose a lot of load because they are bad for the eyes.Therefore, I think I will limit myself to walking fast or something so not to harm the eyes and help the body control the sugar and not have to prick me so much insulin.

Let's see if someone who understands the eyes can put some light to the subject.

Dixon's profile photo
Dixon
02/26/2018 12:30 a.m.

Start by clicking just before eating and if you see that you still have a very high peak after two hours you could try later, but then I only recommend it with very specific things that you know if or if they take a long time to go up, if you are not sureAnd you click after eating, maybe insulin continues to take effect after the food has made it and gives you a hypo.I did not play it and punctured it just before eating and as the glucose comes out two hours later I would see, because each body is a world.
The exercise right now I only do yoga and go out to walk because I am afraid to exercise more intensity and that I am uneven everything I do not have much idea.If I know that it is best to be regular (every day to do the same amount of activity more or lessBetter what suits you.

Macarena93
02/26/2018 12:38 a.m.

Each body is a world and every age too.And let's not talk about the "rare" days.
@"Dixon" follows the diet they have given you, just keep in mind that rice, potatoes, paste upload glycemia and that in the 3 hours of insulin effect does not metabolize all the amount ingested so at 3Hours will begin to go up again and you have to get more insulin fast.That is what is called a match bolus.
The effect of insulin varies according to the day and time.At breakfast, I need to put insulin 1.5 hours before breakfast, in the 30 min food and at dinner at the same time to start because I take an hour to metabolize, the same as insulin in taking effect.If I put it before, I enter hiccup.
All this you learn based on capillaries or in my case with a flash meter.

Cereals are a source of hydrates, you have to keep in mind that after eating them you may have to reinforce insulin at 3 hours since they are slowly absorbed by the fiber and takes time to metabolize.I suppressed them and changed it for a roast of whole wheat bread with protein.

The exercise will help you reduce the amount of insulin but you must do it when you are below 180, but you can have rebound effect.They always recommend walking or moderate aerobic exercise until you control your body.

There are many diet tables too.My diet is 1700kcal but contains more rations than yours.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
02/26/2018 7:57 a.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

ruthbia said:
each body is a world and each age too.And let's not talk about the "rare" days.
@"Dixon" follows the diet they have given you, just keep in mind that rice, potatoes, paste upload glycemia and that in the 3 hours of insulin effect does not metabolize all the amount ingested so at 3Hours will begin to go up again and you have to get more insulin fast.That is what is called a match bolus.
The effect of insulin varies according to the day and time.At breakfast, I need to put insulin 1.5 hours before breakfast, in the 30 min food and at dinner at the same time to start because I take an hour to metabolize, the same as insulin in taking effect.If I put it before, I enter hiccup.

Cereals are a source of hydrates, you have to keep in mind that after eating them you may have to reinforce insulin at 3 hours since they are slowly absorbed by the fiber and takes time to metabolize.I suppressed them and changed it for a roast of whole wheat bread with protein.

The exercise will help you reduce the amount of insulin but you must do it when you are below 180, but you can have rebound effect.They always recommend walking or moderate aerobic exercise until you control your body.

There are many diet tables too.My diet is 1700kcal but contains more rations than yours.

@Ruthbia

This depends on each person and the late in metabolizing each organism.In particular, if I perfectly cover rice, paste and potatoes with a direct insulin bolus and waiting for the corresponding time before starting to eat.I do not raise glycemia at 3 hours to eat with this type of food and I don't have to reinforce anything.In principle, yours is that with potatoes and rice what you say does not happen, since they are foods that have high glycemic index, unless you do it with a lot of fat or as I tell you, your own metabolism is so, which can beperfectly.

JPR's profile photo
JPR
02/26/2018 10:27 a.m.

Medtronic Minimed 640g
NovoRapid
Sensor Enlite

jpr said:
ruthbia said:

@Ruthbia

This depends on each person and the late in metabolizing each organism.In particular, if I perfectly cover rice, paste and potatoes with a direct insulin bolus and waiting for the corresponding time before starting to eat.I do not raise glycemia at 3 hours to eat with this type of food and I don't have to reinforce anything.In principle, yours is that with potatoes and rice what you say does not happen, since they are foods that have high glycemic index, unless you do it with a lot of fat or as I tell you, your own metabolism is so, which can beperfectly.

Pasta the natheats and rice do you consider them normal rations?That is, 90 grams in white rice raw.Do not you upload more than the 6 units of chickpeas?How long before do you click on each meal?

Dixon's profile photo
Dixon
02/26/2018 11:39 a.m.

If the

dixon said:
jpr said:
ruthbia said:
ruthbia said:

@Ruthbia

Pasta the natheats and rice do you consider them normal rations?That is, 90 grams in white rice raw.Do not you upload more than the 6 units of chickpeas?How long before do you click on each meal?

If potatoes, rice and pasta carry anything else (fat because the rice is in paella for example ...), of course they are considered high glycemic index and are normal rations (potatoes I want to say fried or cooked,anyway).These foods will be absorbed very quickly when you eat them.What happens with chickpeas is that they absorb very slowly.For potatoes, rice, pasta or bread, if I am in glycemias target, 90-120, I usually wait 20 minutes before eating to avoid the peak as much as possible.
The chickpeas if you mix with another type of hydrate faster, a cooked with potato and bread, for example, will upload everything much faster and you could do the same as with potatoes or rice.If not, you should keep in mind that you should not wait to eat since you click and even the same need to lower the insulin ratio to avoid hypoglycemia, for example: 6 rations of lentils, without bread or potatoes, it would be to prick and eat withoutWaiting, and be careful that it can give you hypoglycemia because they would be very slow in absorption and insulin would act before.On the other hand, 4 portions of lentils, 1 of bread and 1 potato (it would be 6 servings as before) would be to prick the fast, wait normal and eat, without lowering the ratio, putting the normal of any meal: this is whyWhen putting the bread and potatoes the whole dish would be absorbed much faster (the index will riseGlycemic food in general) and the glymic excursion would behave normal.Do you understand?

JPR's profile photo
JPR
02/26/2018 12:11 p.m.

Medtronic Minimed 640g
NovoRapid
Sensor Enlite

jpr said:
if the
dixon said:
jpr said:
jpr said:
Each body is a world and every age too.And let's not talk about the "rare" days.

@Ruthbia

If potatoes, rice and pasta carry anything else (fat because the rice is in paella for example ...), of course they are considered high glycemic index and are normal rations (potatoes I want to say fried or cooked,anyway).These foods will be absorbed very quickly when you eat them.What happens with chickpeas is that they absorb very slowly.For potatoes, rice, pasta or bread, if I am in glycemias target, 90-120, I usually wait 20 minutes before eating to avoid the peak as much as possible.
The chickpeas if you mix with another type of hydrate faster, a cooked with potato and bread, for example, will upload everything much faster and you could do the same as with potatoes or rice.If not, you should keep in mind that you should not wait to eat since you click and even the same need to lower the insulin ratio to avoid hypoglycemia, for example: 6 rations of lentils, without bread or potatoes, it would be to prick and eat withoutWaiting, and be careful that it can give you hypoglycemia because they would be very slow in absorption and insulin would act before.On the other hand, 4 portions of lentils, 1 of bread and 1 potato (it would be 6 servings as before) would be to prick the fast, wait normal and eat, without lowering the ratio, putting the normal of any meal: this is whyWhen putting the bread and potatoes the whole dish would be very absorbedmore quickly (the glycemic index of food in general) will rise and the glycemics excursion would behave normally.Do you understand?

Thank you very much crack.If I understand it quite I think.If Paella began, the ideal would be to puncture and eat just do it since fat delays the glycemic effect, but it is white rice then 20-30 minutes before eating it.They are only lentils in salad, avocado, canons and chicken, you would injected it at the time just before eating because it will be slow.But if I add potato or bread to the salad, you would think about it a little more and you would do it 10 minutillos before?For example now I go to Italy and I will eat pasta and such, I guess I have to be special care.The things of Chinese restaurants go up a lot too?It will be fast since everything sugars ...

And finally that has nothing to do, to see if you know how to answer me or someone from the forum.To travel by plane I need authorizations or something for insulin and needles?And I can transport it in the normal suitcase right?In other words, the pressure of being so up does nothing to insulin or na isn't it?Thank you

Dixon's profile photo
Dixon
02/26/2018 3:12 p.m.

If you start paella, you would probably need two punctures, one before starting (waiting a little before eating) and another after a while, as at the time, why this type of food with such fat has 2 climbs, an immediate and fast and a slowAnd that lasts longer in time, it lasts "in a plateau" for hours.In these cases, if you do not have a bomb, the ideal is to leave the insulin dose in 2 parts.

If it is white rice, that is, put the insulin and wait a little why the rise peak will be fast.The same with fried or cooked potatoes.

Regarding the pasta, there is everything ... I would generally tell you that with the paste in macarrones plan with a tomato, but you have to see what is good for you.I psa that I use a good rapid insulin bolus and I wait 30 minits before eating it, why it does not make me a very marked climb.This is dominated over time, with the practice and with the error trial, there is no other in diabetes.

Salad lentils that questions is a meal with very slow carbohydrates.In principle, put insulin and eat directly, but as I have told you, be careful, why you need a little less insulin than usually.I do as a legume alone, with no fast carbohydrate, low 0.15-0.2 the food ratio, that is, if I use 0.7 units per noon, I put 0.55-0,5 units per ration.This is individual and you should see exactly what you need, you can logically do it with the help of your endocrine with much more agility.

JPR's profile photo
JPR
02/26/2018 3:48 p.m.

Medtronic Minimed 640g
NovoRapid
Sensor Enlite

Regarding the Chinese, I forgot, I am not usual why I do not like anything, but it gives me that you will need much more insulin than the one you usually use and probably Chinese food behaves differently from the others.I would tell you that it will rise quickly but also make a long plateau over time and you will be high hours and hours and you may also need 2 punctures to control it.The problem will also be to tell rations, which seems to me that in a Chinese it will be difficult.Who usually eats Chinese food can confirm it better than me, since I don't like anything.

JPR's profile photo
JPR
02/26/2018 3:52 p.m.

Medtronic Minimed 640g
NovoRapid
Sensor Enlite

To travel by plane you need an authorization from the doctor (now I don't know how it works for many years that I do not travel by plane but before it was worth a paper in which I told you what you needed to carry) and insulin should always take it in the luggage ofhand in a case that holds the cold (they sell special cold cases for insulin on the Internet) never goals in the suitcase since the trunk are usually very low temperature and it is likely that during the trip the insulins were frozen andYou spoiled you.

Macarena93
02/26/2018 4:36 p.m.

jpr said:
if you start paella you would probably need two punctures, one before starting (waiting a little before eating) and another a while, as at the time, why this type of food with food withSo much fat has 2 climbs, an immediate and fast and a slow and one that lasts longer in time, is prolonged "in a plateau" for hours.In these cases, if you do not have a bomb, the ideal is to leave the insulin dose in 2 parts.

If it is white rice, that is, put the insulin and wait a little why the rise peak will be fast.The same with fried or cooked potatoes.

Regarding the pasta, there is everything ... I would generally tell you that with the paste in macarrones plan with a tomato, but you have to see what is good for you.I psa that I use a good rapid insulin bolus and I wait 30 minits before eating it, why it does not make me a very marked climb.This is dominated over time, with the practice and with the error trial, there is no other in diabetes.

Salad lentils that questions is a meal with very slow carbohydrates.In principle, put insulin and eat directly, but as I have told you, be careful, why you need a little less insulin than usually.I do as a legume alone, with no fast carbohydrate, low 0.15-0.2 the food ratio, that is, if I use 0.7 units per noon, I put 0.55-0,5 units per ration.This is individual and you should see exactly what you need, you can logically do it with the help of your endocrine with much more agility.

Like at the end of eating right?Distributing the 4 units that I usually put into food in 2 and 2 right?Regarding the Chinese I believe that it will rise quite rapid by the glucose that put the sauces and that.I also have to divide as you say and put 3 and 3 or something.It depends if I put noodles, chicken, etc.Like the pizzas the same I have to do the same.I will try on this trip but carefully .. What I do not know if it will be good is to divide many days the insulin in 2. But what I cannot do is stop eating pasta, cereals, potatoes and throwing only legumes for hydrates becauseI would miss many important nutrients.

Thank you very much for your real aid

Dixon's profile photo
Dixon
02/26/2018 5:22 p.m.

macarena93 said:
To travel by plane you need an authorization of the doctor (now I don't know how it works for many years that I do not travel by plane but before it was worth a paper in which I told you what what told you whatYou needed to carry) and insulin should always carry it in hand luggage in a case that endures the cold (they sell special cold cases for insulin on the Internet) never goals in the suitcase since the trunk are usually very low temperatureand it is likely that during the trip the insulins were frozen and spoiled.

I will take them in the top suitcase in the cabin with me.Do you also think you need the cases?It is also good to take them if you are going to walk there with him and such?Both for cold and heat are worth it?Thanks Maca!

Dixon's profile photo
Dixon
02/26/2018 5:25 p.m.

dixon said:
jpr said:
if you eat paella would probably need two punctures, one before starting (waiting a little before eating) and another after a while, as at the time, why these types of foods with such fat have 2 climbs, an immediate and fast and a slow and a slow and that lasts longer in time, is prolonged "in a plateau" for hours.In these cases, if you do not have a bomb, the ideal is to leave the insulin dose in 2 parts.

Like at the end of eating right?Distributing the 4 units that I usually put into food in 2 and 2 right?Regarding the Chinese I believe that it will rise quite rapid by the glucose that put the sauces and that.I also have to divide as you say and put 3 and 3 or something.It depends if I put noodles, chicken, etc.Like the pizzas the same I have to do the same.I will try on this trip but carefully .. What I do not know if it will be good is to divide many days the insulin in 2. But what I cannot do is stop eating pasta, cereals, potatoes and throwing only legumes for hydrates becauseI would miss many important nutrients.

Thank you very much for your real help

Let's see, my specific case in the paella is 70-30%.This means that I need 70% of the starting insulin and the remaining 30% in square at 2 hours.This is individual and is an error.With a pump it is easy to do it, since the pump only programming a dual bolus with a direct part and another in square, but with a pen ... it is something more complex and sometimes not easy to hit.

In addition, this type of food (paella) with so much fat needs one more insulin pelin due to "protein fat unit."That is, if a paella dish that you eat is 5 portions, the fat that has the dish (part of it) will also end up becoming carbohydrate, with what if you do not consider it, you will miss insulin and you will be high.You have a mobile app called “Dual Bolus” and that if you put the nutritional properties of food (hydrates, fats and protein) it tells you the total portions that you eat and it makes you a good estimate of when you need insulin (althoughIt is an app designed for pumps, you can try to attach it to pen).

Good luck and tell us!

JPR's profile photo
JPR
02/26/2018 5:33 p.m.

Medtronic Minimed 640g
NovoRapid
Sensor Enlite

Well, my "jpr" doesn't work for me.
The rice, and I talk to you about 1 cup of Moka de Paella, are 4 insulin units and above 3 hours I have to put 2 more because it starts to climb.I cannot put more than 5 xq entered hypoglycemia from 5 units.4 is my limit once.
Idem legumes.And potatoes are a horror .... they upload a lot and do not go down.

Interestingly, the fish is doing well but the meats multiply the blood glucose although the insulin rises.So I'm becoming half a vegetarian.

For Chinese food you have to put 2 bowling because everything is sweet sauces;And well already in all restaurants you have to ask for salads without fixing because they fill it with syrup of Modena that is pure sugar, or they put caramelized ingredients.

@"Dixon" on the plane without problems.They have never asked me for the certificate.I have it since 2015 and I think it's no longer worth but it doesn't say much.Your endocrine does it to you.You have to be in English.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
02/26/2018 6:53 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.