{'en': 'Degree of disability in minors?', 'es': 'Grado de discapacidad en menores?'} Image

Degree of disability in minors?

hijodetroya's profile photo   04/01/2018 4:03 p.m.

Good afternoon,

I am from Andalusia, I have a younger son with type1 diabetes.

Does anyone know if their dependence on parents is valued, for the treatment of diabetes, to achieve a degree of dependence?

Thanks and greetings.

hijodetroya's profile photo
hijodetroya
04/01/2018 4:03 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

20 years ago, when I requested it, nothing was valued, 0%, they gave my daughter with 5 years.He could not understand, because a child with diabetes is totally dependent on his parents.
I don't know how the subject is, but request it, he insists on hypoglycemia, they should have recognized it.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
04/01/2018 7:22 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

Asking a disability for a diabetes is an insult to your child and for all diabetics.

As an occupational therapist, I have taken care to assess this aspect and is an objective fact, not an opinion, that diabetes does not absolutely any limitation to perform the basic and instrumental functions of daily life, which is how dependence is valued.

Do a favor to your child and do not tag him that way or make him believe that he has a disability because it is absolutely false.

Nubes's profile photo
Nubes
04/16/2018 5:33 p.m.

Desde 1992 con el rollo este....

@Nubes, as an occupational therapist, you should make you look, both your language and your sentences.

aaandres's profile photo
aaandres
04/16/2018 7:08 p.m.

Padre de Andrés, 17 años. Debut: septiembre de 2011.
Levemir (30ud. mañana y 24ud. noche) y Novorapid (en desayuno, comida, merienda y cena 40ud aprox - 24HC/día).
Medidor continuo DEXCOM G4 desde julio 2014
Hemo: 6.2 (Sept. 2013), 7.0 (Dic. 2013), 6.9 (Marzo 2014), 6,6 (Junio 2014), 6,7 (Sept. 2014), 7,0 (Dic. 2014), 7,7 (Mar 2015), 6,9 (Jul. 2015), 7,0 (Sept 2015), 7,4 (Dic 2015), 6,8 (Mar 2016), 6,6 (Julio 2016), 6,8 (Octubre2016)... 7,0 (Mar 2018)

I regret to have said something you didn't want to listen, but it's the truth.Label your disabled son and the only thing you will get is that both in the future and the others now, we have to continue hiding diabetes at work as if we had something contagious because the extended idea is that we are sick and dependent people.

If an IRPF deduction is worth more for you, it is already a matter of priorities.But come on, on the sidelines of your opinion, as is an objective event.Unless some complication suffers, a diabetes disability will hardly be granted.

Nubes's profile photo
Nubes
04/16/2018 7:14 p.m.

@Nubes I really don't know if it is worth answering, because I am convinced that you are a troll, no therapist, or diabéitca, or anything at all.But anyway, in case you are really a person ...
I have neither requested inability to my son, nor possibly I will ever ask for it.At the moment, I have not even considered it.IPPF I care good about what is concerned.Thank God, I can pay it and pay it with pleasure for more than 30 years (yes, gladly, look).And that I do not enjoy or enjoy public schools or public health, neither for me nor for my children.Personal decisions that I don't have to explain.
I guess you don't have children.Nobody with children (or with a minimum of sensitivity and empathy) would think of saying parents who are insulting their children and who put the personal income tax to their own children.With that you had a neuron (I say one, I mean!) You would realize that that is not the best way to expose your opinions.
That 'objective fact' that you repeat so much must be: objective, that comes from object, something without the ability to reason or feel.A younger son is always a being dependent on his parents.And if you have diabetes, more.A child of less than three years cannot be supplied insulin on its own and in schools and nurseries without nursing services they refuse to supply it (logically, it is very dangerous).Beyond, a child under 8 years of age does not have sufficient capacity to make decisions in terms of insulin doses, how many hydrates take or how to regulate.And, I'm very sorry, being above 500 as you say that you have been long seasons is not the solution.Possibly, God does not want it, in a few years you will realize why.
That is why it is normal for a father to report the possibility of requesting a degree of dependence, not to give his son a disability, but for him to have some hours to supply insulin and control his levels.
You are wrong from end to tail, in the shapes and in the background.Maybe it's a reading comprehension problem (Damn Logse!).But I keep the Troll option.It is the least harmful.

aaandres's profile photo
aaandres
04/16/2018 7:39 p.m.

Levemir (30ud. mañana y 24ud. noche) y Novorapid (en desayuno, comida, merienda y cena 40ud aprox - 24HC/día).
Hemo: 6.2 (Sept. 2013), 7.0 (Dic. 2013), 6.9 (Marzo 2014), 6,6 (Junio 2014), 6,7 (Sept. 2014), 7,0 (Dic. 2014), 7,7 (Mar 2015), 6,9 (Jul. 2015), 7,0 (Sept 2015), 7,4 (Dic 2015), 6,8 (Mar 2016), 6,6 (Julio 2016), 6,8 (Octubre2016)... 7,0 (Mar 2018)

@aaandres, never better expressed.

xdr's profile photo
xdr
04/16/2018 7:45 p.m.

I am sorry to tell you that what you understand by dependence is not what is scarce as such, it doesn't matter what I think or what you think, that is not dependence.Of course, a 3 -year -old boy cannot prick, just as he can either eat alone, or dress alone, or go to a site alone.That does not make it a disabled, it is the same thing.

I am no trol, I answer you frankly and if it offends you that I write things clear is not my fault.Your experience is that of father and mine that of tired and tired diabetics that I am judged for what I am not, if even fired for it, because a diabetic is a person "susceptible to having many casualties", something absolutely falseand that after so many years it offends me deeply.I suppose that you know that there are still positions that we cannot even access as a subway box office or other merely administrative public administration, do you think it is fair?

And this will not change until many diabetics stop requesting disabilities and stop making a drama of what it is not, something that would personally give me the same if they did not put me in the bag.

Demand that the schools have a reasonable nurse and as far as I know, most have, but propose an inability to uncomplicated diabetes does not make any sense and harms us as a collective.I hope your child does not have to endure to be told that he cannot access such a position because a diabetic person does not give health guarantees and other shit that I have had to endure.

The real fight is to get out of the patient's label, because we are not

Nubes's profile photo
Nubes
04/16/2018 7:56 p.m.

You have been with this for 7 years, I 26, so have a little respect and do not come to give me lessons because I have passed through everything with diabetes, childhood, adolescence and adult life and with enough less facilities than there are now,So since you talk so much about respect, start by showing it.

Nubes's profile photo
Nubes
04/16/2018 8 p.m.

I'm glad you've understood.
Now you start writing by posing your point of view, without sentencing or offending.
Do you see how easy?
Now it is possible for someone to debate with you.No, because in fact I am not sure what is the best option (yes, neither is I nor who has raised the issue nor who has been able to feel offended).

aaandres's profile photo
aaandres
04/16/2018 8:07 p.m.

Wow, I have written without reading your last comment.What a pity!It seemed something else.
Anyway, yourself.Perhaps in all these stages that you comment that you have lived, you lack at least one quite important.
Luck.

aaandres's profile photo
aaandres
04/16/2018 8:11 p.m.

@Nubes, diabetes is very different in a child than in an adult.Requesting a degree of disability or dependence for a diabetic child is the logical thing, because without insulin he dies and, in an unscathed hypoglycemia, too.
The degree of disability should be assessed in each particular case and never generalize, because there are no two equal diabetes.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
04/16/2018 8:16 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

The difference is that all I have done is talk clearly without judging you, something that you have done with me and you have even insulted me.When I was a girl I did not have a glucometer at the beginning, I had to guess glucose because of urine strips.Fast insulin took half an hour to start the effect, the NPH gave some death peaks, they have thrown my restaurant mother for getting a syringe in the bathroom (the bolis are quite recent).

I want to tell you, many have lived childhood with this when all were difficulties and we have not asked for special treatment or have pretended to be disabled.That makes you a strong adult.

Diabetes has never made me suffer for this reason, because I learned to take care of myself with the few resources there were.My mother knows that she suffered the unspeakable but she never made me feel a sick or different girl from the rest and I will thank that all my life.

I only tell you to think beyond the present moment because it will happen quickly, however growing bitter by the disease or being happy because you feel good is in the treatment you receive from society.And we have to fight to see us as patients.I don't think I saying offensive or unreasonable.

Nubes's profile photo
Nubes
04/16/2018 8:18 p.m.

Clouds I think you don't understand anything.And a child with diabetes is not a normal child and needs adult help (dependence).Requesting this aid is normal, the abnormal thing is that it does not exist.
And not all schools have nurses, rather the opposite.

The one that you have not had more means and that despite not having good control, I have read you in another thread, do not have consequences, do not apply to other people that if we can have complications even with good control.So do not underestimate the importance of this disease.

Vita's profile photo
Vita
04/16/2018 11:23 p.m.

Congratulations @nubes by your experience and your evolution.Of course, this topic is spoken from the experience of each one and that is what may make an opinion to one side or another.My case, to my misfortune, is not like yours and, although I have fought as much as you, my consequences have not been like yours.I have already explained it, several operations (failed in some cases) that have brought me the current consequence of a disability, disability and dependence of third parties for the basic activities of life.I do not care about the word with which it is called but I am very clear that all help is little, when in addition, it is very clear that there is an economic interest for others and a damage to us.

sllf's profile photo
sllf
04/17/2018 10:48 a.m.

Diabético tipo I desde 1990 y tengo 50 tacos. En Abril de 2017 con Minimed 640g y su MCG. Hoy estoy con Minimed 780G. Financiado MCG por la SS desde Junio-2018. Hipertensión arterial y ocular. Colesterol. Operado de 2 hernias discales cervicales (C5-C6 y C6-C7) pero con diagnóstico de "Operación fallida". La diabetes todo me lo perjudica....y nos arruina, la Seguridad Social debería financiar A TODOS!!!!! no cuando estás medio muerto como a mí!!!
Última HBA1C: 6,5% (después de muchos años en 9%)

At all times I am talking about diabetes without more, without any complication.If next year I lose the vision for a retinopathy, I will have a visual disability for retinopathy, but not because it is diabetic.That is what I am trying to explain, that a diabetes without more does not prevent you from life.That then, then, one has the misfortune of having a complication, because normal and correct that asks for the corresponding disability.

They are different things, I am 35 years old and I am aware that I am not going to reach 50 with zero complications, I am optimistic not illusion, but when the time comes I will worry.Life is very long to live distressed and feeling a patient since the age of 8.

I do not know how life is without diabetes, as I know what a millionaire is, but I thank life that has allowed me to do everything.

Nubes's profile photo
Nubes
04/17/2018 1:07 p.m.

Life will have allowed you to do everything, but that whole you will not have done the same as a person without diabetes.
Diabetics who think as you are the ones that make others think that diabetes is as if we had a cold and it is not so, it is a serious, serious illness.You do not live anguished or me, but my life is not like that of a healthy person.

Anaisabel's profile photo
Anaisabel
04/18/2018 6:39 p.m.

Answering the initial thread raised by @hijodetroya, there is this "care of minors affected by cancer or other serious illness."Check it as in Google and it already appears.This allows you to request a reduction of working hours for the care of children with serious diseases, among which DM1 is included.
In my case, it has helped us, because as well, another member of the forum is indicated before, in the choles they do not dare to take measures with children with diabetes, which is logical since it involves risks and is not a teacher's work, a teacher,And also the work schedules do not always accompany.
Regarding the degree of disability I do not know it completely.

Kazu's profile photo
Kazu
04/18/2018 9:36 p.m.

Padre de niña de 5 años con DM1
Usuario de Freestyle Libre y I Port Advance
Lantus y Apidra

Hello everyone,
I'm not Javier Cárdenas when he tells a person with cerebral palsy and overcoming ability "And you have cerebral palsy? Who would like it!"
That said, we are not breeding in the penalty and pity when he is also a true fighter who helps his parents to his diabetes be "more bearable", with only five years and three of diabetes;Thank you ours.
The question was asked as aseptic as possible and without controversy intention but it has not been possible to avoid it, I do not understand.
Your opinions have been useful and some even human, I highlight Regina when she says that diabetes in a child is not the same as an adult, who does not think the same?
Anyway, no degrees of disability are granted to minors.
Thank you.

hijodetroya's profile photo
hijodetroya
04/18/2018 10:09 p.m.

It totally agrees that the life of a diabetic is not the same as a non -diabetic.Only someone who did not know the "normal" life (so to speak) can say that nothing happens to have diabetes, to do it is a very serious emptiness and commit it by someone who debuted with DM1 with 37 years and nothing to see beforeDiabetes and after.Only the one who did not know the before the DM1 says that it is the same and that it does not prevent him from doing anything x favor that we do not say that we do a lot of damage ourselves ...

andrespmat's profile photo
andrespmat
04/22/2018 12:12 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.