{'en': 'Doubt with toujeo insulin, sudden changes of glucose level', 'es': 'Duda con insulina Toujeo, cambios bruscos de nivel de glucosa'} Image

Doubt with toujeo insulin, sudden changes of glucose level

JAVIGA's profile photo   06/01/2018 1:13 p.m.

Hello,

I am a 37 -year -old man (69 kilos) with type 1 diabetes, I am using toujeo with a daily dose of 23 units (at night) and Humalog on demand.He is costing me to adjust the doses in the morning and wanted to ask for advice because I don't know how to act.

For example, yesterday I got up with 200 (formerly breakfast, at 8 in the morning) (I could not adjust at night), I have breakfast 7 servings and put on 11 Humalog units (8:30) and at two hours(10:30) I have 180 but half an hour later, I pass 90. 45 minutes later I am in 80 and with a mareillo feeling.

In general I have such sudden changes in the morning that they have a little worried.

Is such sudden variations normal?

Will I be putting too much basal?

Thank you very much for your help.

JAVIGA's profile photo
JAVIGA
06/01/2018 1:13 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

I hope someone who uses toujeo, I use a lesson.

Normally it tells us that the effects of the basal are seen at 3 days, if you have been 3 days to the best, but check it with your doctor before.It can also be due to mood, stress, colds, concerns, ... everything affects blood glucose.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
06/01/2018 4:33 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

Well, it must be the subject of the action of the Toujeo, because the same thing happens to me.I also put it at night and in the middle of the morning it seems that it makes a peak of effect more or less at 12 noon from its administration, I did not know if it was something that happened to me alone, but seeing what happens to more people givesthe impression that it has to do with the effect of the toujeo.

jasom's profile photo
jasom
06/01/2018 4:41 p.m.

Thank you very much for your comments.
In July I have consult with the endocrine and I will try to clarify this but I wanted to know your opinion to see if my idea was well aimed.
Right now I have lowered the toujeo to 22 units and I am quite stable throughout the day.I give you an example: yesterday I got up at 8 in the morning with 130 (I ate 7 servings and put 10 units of Humalog) at about 11 I measure myself again and I have 100 but I already notice a certain mareillo, it is whatI call: 'My black hole', allows me to eat a piece of fruit, a couple of cookies and thus go back that `` descent '';At 2pm.I am in 130. I suppose that being at work and that I am administrative, it will also affect.
Do you think that maybe the basal or perhaps the Humalog ratio is too high in the morning?
Thank you.

JAVIGA's profile photo
JAVIGA
06/06/2018 11:47 a.m.

@"Javiga" a similar thing happens to me in that "black hole" of mid -morning as you call it and I think it is not a problem of going up or down dose of toujeo, I have done it and there are days that you have that downturnmid -morning and others in which you are stable regardless of breakfast, sport or dose of toujeo and precisely that is the problem, which are not every day because if so, the solution would be to eat some piece of fruit or 2 andGetting well to the food but how it is not daily if you go up you get high, I control it with the blucon and as or not as according to what is indicating but stability with Toujeo at the moment "it depends on the day."I am seriously valuing to return to Lantus, the saying already says, better known badly ......

sigsauer's profile photo
sigsauer
06/06/2018 12:39 p.m.

Hello.

I have not used slow insulin for two years because I carry the insulin bomb, what I think, it is not that insulin makes you a peak in the middle of the morning, it is that your insulin needs are not equal in the morning that by thelate.
In my specific case, I use half a basal insulin in the morning that in the afternoon, but that is that at night/at dawn I use the triple.If you used an insulin that works, I don't know, I suppose it would sometimes be left over and sometimes I would be missing.In addition to the 2 million factors that affect throughout the clear day ...
I used to use Levemir, and put it 2 times a day, I could vary tomorrow and night, and before that, Lantus who put it in 2 times also to reinforce the night.

erpla's profile photo
erpla
06/06/2018 1:57 p.m.

DMT1 desde 1994, Bomba de insulina desde 2016, Freestyle+Miaomiao+Xdrip, última Hemo 5.8%

Hello.I have a diabetic father and six years ago I was diagnosed but I did not follow any treatment and only maintained a sugar reduction regime by measuring the level periodically, which was maintained within normal so the doctor told me that the previous picture should havebeen the so -called "emotional".My last blood test was in October last year and it came out normal but I had symptoms that I did not identify as hyperglycemia (excessive thirst and continuous urination) that I associated with the intake of very strong antibiotics for treating me an infection (cephaloxin and cyproflozacin) Which, when measuring glucose, he threw 247 mg/dl, a measure that was repeated the following days.I did not go to the doctor but reduced my carbohydrate consumption and just lowered me three days to 180 in the morning and then 150, finally stabilized 136 in the morning in the following days arriving today, after two weeks to 118 inThe morning.I maintain the diet but yesterday, when I measured two hours after lunch I was at 118 but after dinner (I must confess that I consumed bread although integral), three hours later I was in 237, which worried me but in the morning I was 111.After breakfast, at the time I was in 160 but four hours later I felt dizzy and I measured.I was surprised that I was in 86. After lunch I measured myself at two hours and I was in 146 What does this mean?I must point out that I do not take medications or inject insulin

Eduardo555's profile photo
Eduardo555
06/23/2018 1:32 a.m.

They are higher than normal values, so the doctor should tell you

Regina's profile photo
Regina
06/23/2018 1:42 a.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

@"Eduardo55" I would go to the doctor.Surely you have very initial diabetes and now with a little treatment you can extend the life of your pancreas.Surely they do not send you or insulin but see the endocrine to diagnose what kind of diabetes you have.

By the way, I had an order to change Toujeo as soon as I finished the Levemir I had 4 vials but since I go in a hurry to all sides I have left all the Levemir, the Glucagon and the New Box of Novorapid in the holiday apartment (That will throw it) ... total that I am going to emergency on Monday by recipes because with the electronic card I do not give them to me because I did not touch me for dose.
Any paratoujeo advice?In principle I have to put the same as of a levemir at 22:00, 10 units but with Toujeo I suppose that the doses of 12:00 (2uds) I jump it because it lasts more.Is that so?With Lantus I did not have to replenish but I arrived badly in the afternoon, I covered me only 20 hours.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
06/23/2018 12:10 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

Go misleading @"ruthbia", but we can all happen to us, we keep the insulin in the refrigerator of the apartment where we are visiting or vacations and when we go we forget to look at the refrigerator and we leave it there (it also happened to me), whatIt is bad that if it were something to eat, the cleaning ladies could take advantage of it.
It lasts the toujeo perfectly at 24 hours, but it does not start to take effect until 3 hours of putting it on, that is, if you put it at 10 pm until 1 in the morning it does not start to take effect the one that youYou just put but you are taking effect the one you have set the day before.I would put myself at 10 pm 2 + 10 = 12 u and wait about 4 days to see how such, and although they recommend increasing the toujeo with respect to the lantus, I initially went from 30 from Lantus to 34 from Toujeo, andIn the end I had to go down to 30 from Toujeo.

runing50's profile photo
runing50
06/23/2018 1:34 p.m.

The hidden defect of these wonderful "flat" basal ones that have sold us as the panacea in the control of diabetes.As their shame's face does not fall to deceive and take pride in their studies in hundreds of people with diabetes, to trust.

LuVi's profile photo
LuVi
06/23/2018 7:06 p.m.

DMT1 desde los 12 años (1991)
hbA1c= 5,4

Humalog y Toujeo (mayo 2017)
Humalog y Tresiba (mayo 2016 hasta mayo 2017)
humalog y NPH (desde inicio hasta mayo de 2016)

Everything related to the pharmaceutical industry is of guard court, there is a total collusion between them and health personnel, and diabetes, and the penguins that leaves, even more.

runing50's profile photo
runing50
06/23/2018 10:01 p.m.

The other day in the appointment with the endocrine and although hemo was not so bad 6.8 practically without hypoglycemia, I told him that Toujeo had quite clueless a few days and gave me the feeling that he was a rookie in this diabetes (although allThe days you learn something new) and there were many things that escaped and did not control;I told him above to return to Lantus and he said flatly that above his corpse !!that she was not going to prescribe me Lantus and much less less less, that I would have to change my endocrin@ if I wanted to return to those insulinas, commercial technique .. ??I kept the doubt because Lantus and Toujeo both are from Sanofi if I'm not mistaken.-

@"Ruthbia" In principle Toujeo lasts 24 hours, some days it seems that even more;Start with what you have been scheduled and go up or going down 1U every 2 days according to you see results.-

sigsauer's profile photo
sigsauer
06/24/2018 12:16 a.m.

I go with Toujeo at night and the truth is that it is a wonder of insulin, adifference of the predecessor Lantus that did not reach 18h.For the mornings I solve him having breakfast twice, both times very soft.

The regulation of the toujeo every two days as @Sigsauer says is a great solution as you have the measurements.

Pingu's profile photo
Pingu
06/25/2018 5:51 p.m.

Hello.I started with the same insulins you have.In my case I lifted me quite stable.115-130.Which began to analyze the following situation.With breakfast I took the Humalog 5 units and when the snack came or I was doing physical activity, I got too low.60-55, I chose to limit myself to Toujeo only.130 In the morning it is not bad, they are still in the area.Edge.What happened later commented on another forum.I left Humalog completely, only for some emergency case if I climbed too much.I continued with the toujeo until my Dra saw me and added metformin, and Toujeo to make a transition and eliminate insulin.Today I only have metformin twice a day and I am well controlled.I am not an endocrinologist and each person is different but with Toujeo dawn in 130 and you get a lot with the humalog, I share my experience.

DiegoA's profile photo
DiegoA
06/25/2018 9:01 p.m.

Thanks for your advice.I will start with 11 units tomorrow (I have a few poquillas of Levemir).I was surprised that Toujeo only comes 3 feathers accustomed to 5 from Lantus, Levemir and Novorapid.

As my doctor is a bit disaster, I have to go back to the novorapid tomorrow.I did not change my dates and I could not buy it yesterday at the pharmacy.He is a very funny man but he has lapse while telling you a thousand stories

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
06/26/2018 7:47 a.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

I use the same as you, Tougeo and Humalog, and the same thing happens to me.
I've been with these insulins for 3 years.
There are seasons that work well and others return to the phenomenon you comment.
I have asked the endocrine, I send me the Tougeo in the morning instead of the night.
The truth that I have not done it.
But, it is difficult to control this insulin.

Greetings

chamus1978's profile photo
chamus1978
06/17/2021 4:56 p.m.

ruthbia said:
Thank you for your advice.I will start with 11 units tomorrow (I have a few poquillas of Levemir).I was surprised that Toujeo only comes 3 feathers accustomed to 5 from Lantus, Levemir and Novorapid.

As my doctor is a bit disaster, I have to go back to the novorapid tomorrow.I did not change my dates and I could not buy it yesterday at the pharmacy.He is a very funny man but he has lapse while telling you a thousand stories

The toujeo insulin is more concentrated 300 U/ ml The Levemir is 100 U/ ml, so with less insulin feathers

Alberto_13's profile photo
Alberto_13
06/17/2021 5:08 p.m.

DM3c desde 2018; hb 6 % (feb.. 2022) (tresiba+fiasp+metformina)

@chamus1978, pay attention to your endocrine and pass it in the morning, it can go much better., Especially if you tend to go down at night.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
06/17/2021 9:41 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

@Ruthbia.A few months ago they changed myness to Toujeo.Result: I need twice as much toujeo units than to a Levemir.I put it with dinner and for the moment well although perfection does not exist.

Ricki21's profile photo
Ricki21
06/18/2021 4:29 p.m.

DM1 desde 1982: Toujeo+Novorapid

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.