{'en': 'Long duration and diabetes 1 (mountaineering)', 'es': 'Deporte larga duración y diabetes 1 (Montañismo)'} Image

Long duration and diabetes 1 (mountaineering)

MaraMarita's profile photo   07/27/2018 12:08 a.m.

Hello,

I have diabetes 1 and practical mountainism that sometimes implies continuous sport for 6 and 7 hours.

I make real algorithms to keep the sugar between 110 and 160 that is as best I respond in the mountain.

I have just changed the Tresiba because it is impossible to handle, you have to anticipate any change with more than one day.

And when I do mountain I don't get anything fast, my educator insists that I have to put on something fast but, if I do, they hit me tremendous descents, no matter how little insulin that puts me.

Someone who practices long -term sport could tell me your experience?

Thank you!

MaraMarita's profile photo
MaraMarita
07/27/2018 12:08 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

If you do well without using you do not use it.You are the one who knows what works for you.I do hiking and I am also sometimes walking many hours through the mountain.What I do is breakfast with hardly any hydrate to wear very little fast (scrambled eggs with cured cheese and coffee alone).In my case I cannot eat without fast in the morning but with that breakfast use very little and while we arrive at the place of the Route the fast is no longer having strong effect.I also take fruit to take it when I am fair and the glucose pills and jelly beans in case it gives me a downturn.I carry the free then it is easier.I'm looking at home more or less and I see if I need to eat something.I try to be in my range 70-120.If I see that I am below 80 stable as some fruit, if you are already going down pills or jelly beans that are faster.And I also carry nuts in case I get hungry to eat without insulin.For food it depends on whether we eat at the end of the route that is no longer a problem or if it is halfway.In that case I take something with little hydrate to use very little quickly and that I do not get off when I continue.
In my case I use toujeo and the same thing happens as with the Tresiba, the adjustments must be made one or two days before.I do not make changes because I barely go down alone with the effect of the slow one, it goes down but very slowly and with eating some fruit in the middle of the route I arrive.If in your case you get a lot already complicated.But if you have changed you with one that you can adjust that day you go testing until you give with a dose that does not cause you declines.Even if you have to eat something but do not give you strong hypos.If it goes down very slowly as in my case it is easy to avoid hypo with some slow hydrates.The fast is another story and it is almost impossible to prevent you from going down while you have quickly active if you exercise.So if you manage to be in that ranger without fast I do not see the need to use it.

Yessica_A's profile photo
Yessica_A
07/27/2018 8:49 a.m.

DM1 desde 2003 | Toujeo + Humalog | FreeStyle 2 | HbA1c 5.5

Of course you can spend without putting you quickly without any problem.I go to the Sierra 2 to 3 times a week and put the toujeo exclusively.I usually wear juice, bars and some gel although the latter only use it in emergency cases, in addition to a sandwich.I am from time to time with free.What I do is that I adapt the food intake based on my glucose level, for example if we stop to eat and I am superior to 120 I take only a snack made with a bread that I buy in Dealz and that it has very few hydrates, andIf I am lower I also take fruit or a bar.I use it exclusively when I take quick absorption hydrates such as rice and pasta.As @"yesssica_a" says, for many people the fast-exercise union are incompatible.

runing50's profile photo
runing50
07/28/2018 6:34 p.m.

I have performed several marathons, bicycle tests from 8 to 10 hours and that they tell you is illogical.Of course we can pass without insulin, but it is also true that to perform intense long -term exercises, speaking of several hours for the body to endure you have to take HC, depending on the HC you take you may have to put insulin, yes, yes,Always sure less amount of the normal by far.
But let's not pay much attention, each one is a world and we are not mathematics.

jconegar's profile photo
jconegar
07/28/2018 10:28 p.m.

Miembro del equipo moderador del foro.

Ultima prueba realizada:
Maratón San Petesrburgo (Rusia)
https://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/07/maraton-san-petersburgo-rusa-42195-mts.html

Prueba deportiva Ruta de las Fortalezas.
http://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/05/ruta-de-las-fortalezas-2019-54700.html

Facebook: Jorge Moto
Usuario Dexcom G6 y microinfusora Tandem T: Slim X2 Basal IQ

jconegar said:
I have performed several marathons, bicycle tests from 8 to 10 hours and that they tell you is illogical.Of course we can pass without insulin, but it is also true that to perform intense long -term exercises, speaking of several hours for the body to endure you have to take HC, depending on the HC you take you may have to put insulin, yes, yes,Always sure less amount of the normal by far.
But let's not pay much attention, each one is a world and we are not mathematics.

Hello good

It does not speak of not putting insulin, but not to get fast, as you comment we are a world and with the level of continuous exercise that it comments it is very possibly that with the slow one it over

When I really get the slow one if not as not as nota the level of sugar goes down gradually until I have to eat something to correct, thus my ideal graphics (they are rarely ideal ...) look like waves (insideof the limits that are considered good)

A person who is doing long -lasting exercise who, when exercising the insulin quickly affects him and who is eating little by little without putting a plate of macaroni 500 grams of macaroni at noon (that then if he would do quickly) he could go with the slowWhenever you have the levels well (IMO)

All the best

Juanlu83's profile photo
Juanlu83
07/30/2018 11:10 a.m.

I don't understand why you have been told to get fast.My endocrine tells me otherwise.
In fact it is how others tell you, or use very quickly or directly or use it to avoid descent.As I am an antideport, I do nothing at all, when I do I have not had the logistics to reduce the basal 3 days before, so I use less fast or nothing to be upper because with the exercise it is usually described drastically in 20 min and I enterIn Hippo.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
07/30/2018 12:28 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

Juanlu83 said:
jconegar said:

Hello good

It does not speak of not putting insulin, but not to get fast, as you comment we are a world and with the level of continuous exercise that it comments it is very possibly that with the slow one it over

When I really get the slow one if not as not as nota the level of sugar goes down gradually until I have to eat something to correct, thus my ideal graphics (they are rarely ideal ...) look like waves (insideof the limits that are considered good)

A person who is doing long -lasting exercise who, when exercising the insulin quickly affects him and who is eating little by little without putting a plate of macaroni 500 grams of macaroni at noon (that then if he would do quickly) he could go with the slowWhenever you have the levels well (IMO)

All the best

I think you have not understood what I have put for what you say, at no time do I mention not to carry a basal, I speak of not putting fast insulin for the amount of HC that it has to take for the body to endure the sport.We talk that you have to carry less safe basal insulin for a long -lasting sport, we talk that for the body to endure, it has to take enough HC if you want to have strength and have to use even a third or fourth part on the ratio for the HCHave to take.

I have only commented that depending on the amount of HC that is needed so that the body endures that on effort, it has to put some fast insulin amount.

And as you say each one we are a world, he has asked and I have told him what I have learned from medical professionals in sports nutrition for people who have diabetes.

All the best.

jconegar's profile photo
jconegar
07/30/2018 12:38 p.m.

Ultima prueba realizada:
https://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/07/maraton-san-petersburgo-rusa-42195-mts.html

http://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/05/ruta-de-las-fortalezas-2019-54700.html

jconegar said:

I think you have not understood what I have put for what you say, at no time do I mention not to carry a basal, I speak of not putting fast insulin for the amount of HC that it has to take for the body to endure the sport.We talk that you have to carry less safe basal insulin for a long -lasting sport, we talk that for the body to endure, it has to take enough HC if you want to have strength and have to use even a third or fourth part on the ratio for the HCHave to take.

I have only commented that depending on the amount of HC that is needed so that the body endures that on effort, it has to put some fast insulin amount.

And as you say each one we are a world, he has asked and I have told him what I have learned from medical professionals in sports nutrition for people who have diabetes.

All the best.

Yes, I had understood you badly, apologize

And I understand what you say but I do not see so strange the fact of not putting fast insulin if you do long -lasting sport if you make small shots to keep the level of sugar constant, the basal and exercise are responsible, eye as I comment I mean smallTomasClearly as you say, if you make great HC take to replenish if the quick is needed to compensate for the peak, but I from my experience for continuous work days what I do is that I distribute the HC and in the big meals I do not take so muchHydrate and if more protein so that the dose in insulin is better and can correction in case of hypo

Juanlu83's profile photo
Juanlu83
07/30/2018 3:31 p.m.

Hello,
I usually make five or 6 hour hiking sessions and I don't use quickly.With the Lantus and small contributions of HC and beers I have for all the journey.Yes I see that I start very high skewer two or three units to stabilize but nothing more.
So I'm more confident and enjoy the mountain.But if lunch a snack or at noon it is necessary to prick fast insulin in most cases.
All the best

Ss1's profile photo
Ss1
07/31/2018 12:41 p.m.

Juanlu83 said:
jconegar said:

All the best.

Yes, I had understood you badly, apologize

And I understand what you say but I do not see so strange the fact of not putting fast insulin if you do long -lasting sport if you make small shots to keep the level of sugar constant, the basal and exercise are responsible, eye as I comment I mean smallTomasClearly as you say, if you make great HC take to replenish if the quick is needed to compensate for the peak, but I from my experience for continuous work days what I do is that I distribute the HC and in the big meals I do not take so muchHydrate and if more protein so that the dose in insulin is better and can correction in case of hypo

If you swim 2 or 3 km, for example, they are not long -lasting sports but could not be making shots in small doses because it is not normal every 3x2.In intense sports not referring to hiking, HC must be taken and sometimes because the same body asks for a good HC taking to continue and not go little in little, the body is wise and sometimes it can be heard.It is logical to do what you indicate of shots little by little but it is always not possible for needs to continue, we talk about long -term tests where the heart does not usually rest much.

jconegar's profile photo
jconegar
07/31/2018 1:58 p.m.

Ultima prueba realizada:

Thank you all for your comments.Yes, the educator says that the one that I must take carbohydrates and that is why I must click quickly but, in my case, I prefer to lower the HC's contribution and not expose me at descents.Above all, when the route layout is difficult to predict and suddenly come ups that in a matter of minutes make me lower the sugar to the beast only with the basal.By the way to those who use Toujeo and make crossing, can you tell me how much do you go down and how do you do it?My endocrine tells me super generic things that don't help me much ... thanks again

MaraMarita
08/01/2018 12:28 a.m.

Look, to serve as a previous orientation, I am under 30u from Toujeo to 24u, but you are afraid to try for themselves because each one is different, since it will depend mainly 1 on your insulin sensitivity, 2nd of the level of the level ofGlucose with which you start that day and 3 of the difficulty of the route, since, apart from the duration, the unevenness you do will influence, it is not the same to make 500 m routes of unevenness than of 1000 meters or more.

runing50's profile photo
runing50
08/01/2018 6:04 p.m.

I agree with @"Runing50", you will have to try.I do not under the toujeo to make routes.If they are routes with little unevenness, I do not notice the precaution of taking controls every time and if I am fair to eat a fruit or something.If it is a quite uneven route because in some times it does lower me although in my case it is quite slow so with eating something slow every time it comes to me.But it is trying and going.

Yessica_A
08/01/2018 9:34 p.m.

Ok, thank you very much, with the Tresiba I could not adjust the dose on the route days.I usually make routes of a thousand of unevenness, to see how with this insulin ... one last question, I promise,;-) ... do you lower the dose a day before or the same day of the route?Being 24 hours of action I understand that the same day of the route, right?

MaraMarita
08/02/2018 12:17 a.m.

The toujeo usually takes to notice the effect so it is usually necessary to lower it the day before but you will have to try it too.Like you you are going well going down the same day.It also depends on whether you put it in the morning or at night.If you put it on the night before, go down that arrives, if it is in the morning of the same day of the route it may not.In my case the day I make the adjustment I do not notice just change.I have to wait 2 days.

Yessica_A
08/02/2018 7:59 a.m.

To go to the mountain I do not use quickly and I have to lower the basal a tad.The quick thing the endocrine told me and the slow thing I have done by my account because my body is what tells me.

Ursula's profile photo
Ursula
08/02/2018 4:19 p.m.

Indeed, it will also depend a lot on what time the insulin puts you, but above all you will have to try, in my case I put it in the morning between 8 and 9 and it is better to reduce it the same day I make the march.This insulin, begins to take effect at 3 hours of putting it on and lasting 24 hours, that is, the three hours to put the insulin that is covering you is the one you have set the day before.

runing50's profile photo
runing50
08/02/2018 6:29 p.m.

Have you not raised the bomb when you do sports in plan already serious?It helps a lot.

jconegar's profile photo
jconegar
08/02/2018 10:04 p.m.

Ultima prueba realizada:

I know, but the endocrine are not for the work of giving it to anyone, out of curiosity I told mine recently and told me that they only sent it for very unstable cases.Additionally to me it seems a bit armed.

runing50's profile photo
runing50
08/03/2018 3:50 p.m.

I see the pump still a fattening.I like the control that gives you to make adjustments and I would like to have it but not at the expense of carrying the catheter with the pump all day on top.When they begin to get wireless and finance social security if I would like.Another thing is to give it to me but good in that case I would try.At the moment with the bolis I am doing well even if there are things that are more complicated.

Yessica_A
08/03/2018 4:46 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.