Lada

juanp78's profile photo   06/14/2019 3:32 p.m.

Hello, I'm new here and in this disease. I greet everyone.
I was diagnosed with Lada in January and my first HBA1C was 7.5%
and the last result was 5.2% in June.My antibody results came out very high and wanted to start treating me with insulin.The doctor believes that not how they have improved my results.My theme is whether I could keep me like this all my life without the need to deal with insulin?
I don't know if I am writing is in the right place :) It's my first forum.
Thank you so much
greetings
Juan p

juanp78's profile photo
juanp78
06/14/2019 3:32 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

You have to keep track and according to the results they will put the treatment.If there are antibodies and there was already a high glycosilada, you have to be vigilant.
What no one can know is how or when the controls will increase.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
06/14/2019 4:07 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

Hi Regina, thank you very much for your answer.
Does your body secrete any amount of insulin?After diagnosing you diabetes have continued to measure the insulin levels that through the pancreas?
Thank you so much

juanp78's profile photo
juanp78
06/14/2019 4:47 p.m.

In the case my daughter, the diabetes was total and very fast, as in all types type1.In the lad type it is much slower, but each person is different.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
06/14/2019 8:43 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

Hello Juan,
I was diagnosed with DM 2 a few years ago.The first treatments were well at the beginning but little later they failed (diet, exercise, metformin, diamicron, ...).A little frustrating.You meet the treatment but the thing is not going.
Finally we ask for antibodies and ... prize: DM lada.The truth was a break.Knowing that it did not badly but was the natural evolution of the disease.Immediately start insulin.First slow, then quickly.Now I am in bowling pattern.A little roll but it is not so much.They say that the lada as soon as we start insulin better.We stop stressing the pancreas and lasts the pancreatic reserve a little more.And that is important.However little the pancreas will help us to the best control of our glycemia.
I do not mean that my evolution will be your evolution.While those gyzades continue so well perfect, but if you ever consider moving to Insulina, think it is no disaster.If an 8 -year -old child for another learns to control perfectly, we will not do it what we have months to train?They are big !!!

Ignasi_p's profile photo
Ignasi_p
06/15/2019 10:21 a.m.

Abasaglar 25U (noche)
Novorapid 4/6/6 (y lo que caiga por enmedio)
Glicosilada (30/4/19): 6.5

ignasi_p said:
hello Juan,
I was diagnosed with DM 2 a few years ago.The first treatments were well at the beginning but little later they failed (diet, exercise, metformin, diamicron, ...).A little frustrating.You meet the treatment but the thing is not going.
Finally we ask for antibodies and ... prize: DM lada.The truth was a break.Knowing that it did not badly but was the natural evolution of the disease.Immediately start insulin.First slow, then quickly.Now I am in bowling pattern.A little roll but it is not so much.They say that the lada as soon as we start insulin better.We stop stressing the pancreas and lasts the pancreatic reserve a little more.And that is important.However little the pancreas will help us to the best control of our glycemia.
I do not mean that my evolution will be your evolution.While those gyzades continue so well perfect, but if you ever consider moving to Insulina, think it is no disaster.If an 8 -year -old child for another learns to control perfectly, we will not do it what we have months to train?They are big !!!
I think you can't explain better

Jaime37's profile photo
Jaime37
06/15/2019 12:11 p.m.

La diabetes es una mierda

I thank you very much.Any information or experience is always good to know and it is of great support.
When you say you are in bowling pattern, you mean you are only quickly?Don't you use slow?
I was already guided by insulin and I would have to start when my glycemias are continuous greater than 125 on an empty stomach or greater than 180 two hours after eating.I already have the pattern of Lantus and Novorapid.But for now I don't have those values.I would have them if I was not diet, because after eating a paella money I put myself at 297. That was the last time I ate rice, 6 months ago.
Do you know any lad that has lasted many un insuline?
I have been told that I continue to leave my pancreas working naturally because with the diet I do I am not stressing it, I would like to think that it could be so forever.I am quite worried about the future complications that the diabet has.
Ignasi_p I'm with you ... the nin`os are champions

juanp78's profile photo
juanp78
06/15/2019 3:15 p.m.

When I say Bolo I want to say that I wear a slow insulin (Lantus is a slow glargine insulin, I use abasaglar that is also slow) and I also get fast (novorapid) before meals according to the HC rations that eats.If as something between meals, for example a partner brings a cake because it is his birthday, calculate how many HC there are and also put quickly.Also if after meals I am out of rank I correct with some unit.

Ignasi_p's profile photo
Ignasi_p
06/15/2019 3:32 p.m.

Abasaglar 25U (noche)

When you say that after a paella you put almost 300, is that at 2h?Because if so, it means that you need insulin.
The paella also makes me fatal ... but it's so good!
We have to live with diabetes, not for diabetes.

Ignasi_p's profile photo
Ignasi_p
06/15/2019 3:38 p.m.

Abasaglar 25U (noche)

Ignasi_p hahaha if the paella is good and it is what I miss most.
It took me almost 4 hours to get off.In theory if I continued eating as well should be with insulin now.
But seeing that with strict diet I don't get up, I prefer to continue like this.I take everything that I see is beneficial for the pancreas.Hoping to stay as I am.I don't know if I will do it but I prefer to try.

juanp78's profile photo
juanp78
06/15/2019 3:44 p.m.

Juanp78 said:
Hello, I'm new here and in this disease. I greet everyone.
I was diagnosed with Lada in January and my first HBA1C was 7.5%
and the last result was 5.2% in June.My antibody results came out very high and wanted to start treating me with insulin.The doctor believes that not how they have improved my results.My theme is whether I could keep me like this all my life without the need to deal with insulin?
I don't know if I am writing is in the right place :) It's my first forum.
Thank you so much
greetings
Juan p

@Juanp78 Hello, I would like to know what your evolution is like.I have read you and my case is similar to yours.They believe that I am a lada guy (still to be confirmed), but for the moment I do not use insulin and the levels are more or less controlled with food and a night pill.

smartinez's profile photo
smartinez
04/16/2021 11:34 a.m.

Diabetes LADA desde febrero 2021
Última glico 6,1 el 23/11/23
Toujeo 10 ud

Hello everyone.I just wanted to comment that after 5 and a half years of my lada diagnosis, I continue with a keto diet and exercise and without injected insulin or take pills.Last 6.0 glyce in those 3 months I had an lack of control of blood glucose for the stress of my father's death.He did not sleep well and the ease glycemia reached 160 on some occasions.I am a nurse and I have spoken several times with different endocrine in my work.None are explained as after so long I can have those glycians without insulin and with such high antibodies.I do not write this to show off just to tell you that the diet works for me but that you have to be strict.Not everyone sees this disease in the same way and it is to respect the one who wants to take it in one way or another, provided it can.
Thank you very much and greetings to all.

juanp78's profile photo
juanp78
08/12/2024 9:50 a.m.

Hi @Juanp78, delighted to read you.
I am also Lada, diagnosed in February.It cost me a lot that they recipe me slow insulin because the endocrine of Ramón y Cajal, which is where they serve me, wanted to stay alone with metformin.At the same time I had relapse of hyperthyroidism (by 4 years I treated myself and did not have problems until February).I lost 9 kilos, I stayed in 47 and said that the loss of weight was because of hyperthyroidism but not because when it was controlled I continued to lose weight.
The fact is that while, although they were supposed to give me training in diabetes, I dedicated myself to reading.The doctor told me that I had to eat as always, but then the controls uploaded to me and since I only had the metformin I eliminated the carbohydrates from my diet.I get to the consultation and they tell me that I am very good and the controls are great, but it did not fat, so they tell me that I have to eat as always but they do not give me the fast insulin.Total, that I see that I have to bring them horrible controls to give me the quick.
In any case, I prefer to continue with this diet but it would be goodI have to suffer a glucose climb without need.

I don't know why they are reluctant to the low carbohydrate diet.I got the book of Dr. Bernstein's "Diabetes Solution" that seems great to me and I follow the blog tips "The Meteo that comes" and on Facebook "Let Me Be 83: My Dude with Diabetes", if you do not know them, take them out a look andYou tell me what you think.I can't find many people who follow this line and I think it works.

All the best.

Amy's profile photo
Amy
08/13/2024 6:31 p.m.

I am too Lada.The matter is that when we started, I did it 5 years ago because everything is very slow.But time after debut, insulin is essential.I thought I had it under control with metformin, but after a couple of months of symptoms the analytics revealed a 12.5 glycosylated.This figure, next to a capillary that the machine only indicated High, that is more than 500, made me immediately start with insulin.First only slow and then adding the fast before each intake.I also continue, without exaggerations, to the DC.bernstein and the blog.It is the theory of small things: if we eat few hydrates directly, less insulin we will need and our pancreas will continue to function.Hydrates do not only come from pasta, rice and bread.Vegetables, dairy, legumes already have their dose.And I do enough sport and it doesn't go wrong.There will already be time to stick to the exogenous.

Ah, by the way, both the potato and the rice if you put them in the fridge and keep them 24 hours, both lower their transformation into hydrates radically.That allows me to eat both, although of course it is not the same.

Arse's profile photo
Arse
08/13/2024 9:07 p.m.

Lada desde 2018. Freestyle Libre 2. Tresiva y Humalog J. Alimentación "low carb".

I am delayed, I was diagnosed with type 1, but I was without insulin 20 months, so they changed me to Lada and I still produce an insulin misery, only detectable.
I also took metformin at the beginning, very little, immediately slow and fast insulin only if it exceeded 160, but my pancreas behaved well 20 months.
The best diet, the low in hydrates.Less insulin, less risk, better control and health.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
08/13/2024 11:32 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

I am missing the fast, there are times that I spend the 160 after eating.

Amy's profile photo
Amy
08/14/2024 12:03 a.m.

In my case, if it measured more than 160 before any meal I had 1 dose of fast insulin.I never set.
At 20 months, I noticed that I did not get off 150 after a meal, 4 hours later, and I was menstruating, so I started with 1 fast food for food ... until today.
Thus I finish my honeymoon.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
08/14/2024 9:58 a.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

Thank you @ruthbia, there is nothing like knowing the experience of other people to have more knowledge because doctors do not tell you everything and I always keep the doubt if things can be otherwise.:)

Amy's profile photo
Amy
08/14/2024 11:12 a.m.

Hello everyone, in my case the low diet in HC TB is doing.Late a couple of years to put insulin and at the moment I just still use slowly, yes, every time I need more, now I already get 15 units.

smartinez's profile photo
smartinez
08/16/2024 9:35 a.m.

Diabetes LADA desde febrero 2021
Última glico 6,1 el 23/11/23
Toujeo 10 ud

Hello, I have just given the results of the GAD 65 and I have it at 2000
At the moment diet and wait
You can tell me if it is possible to download those 2000 and how long it usually happens until you have to manage insulin
Thank you very much I am lost

Arantza's profile photo
Arantza
08/18/2024 1:32 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.