{'en': 'The SNS will finance the flash systems of diabetes to children under 18 with type 1', 'es': 'El SNS financiará los sistemas flash de diabetes a menores de 18 años con tipo 1'} Image

The SNS will finance the flash systems of diabetes to children under 18 with type 1

DiabetesForo's profile photo   09/20/2018 2:03 p.m.

The Ministry of Health, Consumption and Social Welfare today announced the entry into force of the financing of glucose measurement systems without punctures in the health system.

In this way, all of those under 18 with type 1 diabetes mellitus that require multiple doses of insulin and more than 6 blood glucose controls a day and comply with the inclusion criteria established in the protocol will have the right to access the Flash system.

This system is a device with a sensor that adheres to the skin and that allows to measure interstitial glucose (among the cells).Reading is done in a simple way because it is enough to bring a device that has a reader who accumulates all the information.

The inclusion in the SNS services portfolio is produced through a monitoring study.

These studies are carried out with the objective of monitoring the results of a technique, technology or procedure introduced in the common portfolio of services of the National Health System due to your health need, so that information is obtained that allows you to subsequently assess your situationin the common portfolio of services.

This determines its effectiveness and systematic information is achieved on the results of the application of a technique, technology or procedure of foreseeable welfare, organizational or economic impact.

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
09/20/2018 2:03 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Ah! ... very well, very well .... It looks that adults have other types of diabetes and symptoms, we must not have symptoms.

Really, or all or none.Enough of discrimination

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
09/20/2018 10:52 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

It is assumed that adults are rich and parents of children under 18 years ... ???

sigsauer's profile photo
sigsauer
09/21/2018 10:46 a.m.

I understand that you think about the ancient concept of children's diabetes.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
09/22/2018 5:50 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

47 years suffering diabetes and my body that continues to hold it with the same rudimentary methods.It seems that the children of 18 there is hope but I have no remedy.In the end.....

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
09/23/2018 6:54 a.m.

Sorry ... is this in Spain?

marymar73's profile photo
marymar73
09/24/2018 12:42 a.m.

Man, for parents of diabetic children is good news.Keep in mind that a child has worse to click on him several times a day without understanding it that an adult.And above all, with its growing body it has more abrupt and unpredictable increases and declines.
Likewise, I would support that it was also for adults.In these things it is worth spending public money, not on the nonsense that public positions are spent.
Any reliable source for the news?

siulgonzalez's profile photo
siulgonzalez
09/24/2018 11:28 a.m.

It is published in the BOE is totally reliable, the endocrine will be the one who goes crazy to know how to do it.
It is based on the fact that they do not give it to everyone because it is such a study, they told us, they wash their hands saying that, they give it to those who want, how curious anything has been said or the duration is said.
By the way, that children will not have to punctuate the fingers with the flash system I think it is a great lie and that it is even reportable as they advertise.

jconegar's profile photo
jconegar
09/24/2018 12:43 p.m.

Miembro del equipo moderador del foro.

Ultima prueba realizada:
Maratón San Petesrburgo (Rusia)
https://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/07/maraton-san-petersburgo-rusa-42195-mts.html

Prueba deportiva Ruta de las Fortalezas.
http://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/05/ruta-de-las-fortalezas-2019-54700.html

Facebook: Jorge Moto
Usuario Dexcom G6 y microinfusora Tandem T: Slim X2 Basal IQ

@"jconegar" in fact the first months until you know how glucose in interstitial fluid works with the delay it carries and the arrows of vertical tendency with the "scares" that entails, possibly more capillaries and punctures are made than without carrying thesensor.-

sigsauer's profile photo
sigsauer
09/24/2018 2:12 p.m.

When I say about clicking less, I don't want to say not to prick.
My daughter has been with the freestyle for almost a year and we have gone from 10 punctures a day to 1, more some more the first day of the sensor or if we see something weird.It does not free you at all but the difference is radical.And you can see the changes without waiting 2h to the next puncture.
By the way, I prefer to use the raw data with the Glimp and a phone.Seeing the trend I already make my extrapolations.In my opinion, the official reader's algorithms are alarmists and you falsify your data so that you run quickly, at the cost of getting improper scares and overwhelming.In addition to the Glimp if I see that there is a permanent lag of a specific sensor with respect to the blood data, I can calibrate it, which is not.
By the way, to see if they already take version 2.0 of the Freestyle with integrated Bluetooth.

siulgonzalez's profile photo
siulgonzalez
09/24/2018 6:51 p.m.

That is the problem, that to take advantage of it you have to know how to interpret it, because the sensor data is not exact.
It can be a danger if it is not known to use. Sensors should be as reliable as glucometers.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
09/24/2018 8:10 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

I have been signed by Freestyle for a year and have not yet given me.And that I requested it in a particular way.I think that the limitation of children under 18 is because there are not enough sensors for everyone.On the other hand, the resources that the SNS has are limited and you have to first attend to the hundreds of thousands of immigrants and without papers that are arriving.We have to be supportive ...

Nachetee's profile photo
Nachetee
09/24/2018 9:37 p.m.

@"Regina" to me the hair glucometer there are days in which in 2 measurements in a row with the same drop of blood it has given me differences of up to 25-30 mg/dl, if that is reliability that God comes and see it, from thereMany of the X files we all know after eating, it has nothing to do in 140 to be in 170mg/dl to calculate the bolus.We doubt the readings of the freestyle sensors, Dexcom etc because they are paid (and very expensive by the way) but many times they are much more reliable than the capillary glucometer than we never doubted because it is cracking but that also fails more than a shotgunFair without the trend arrows that are really important of freestyle, Dexcom, Guardian Connect that the hair glucometer will never give you ..

sigsauer's profile photo
sigsauer
09/24/2018 10:29 p.m.

For which I have read here, the Dexcom is much more reliable, in fact in Germany it is the one they put to pregnant women., But the free is not reliable to make decisions and correct controls, at least it does not seem to me, since there may be differences of 50 units between one sensor or another.
If it were as accurate as a glucometer, hypos or hyper could be corrected without fear.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
09/25/2018 2:34 a.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

It does not happen to you that if in our time there had been the same resources as now for the kids we could get rid of this disease that we drag it all our lives.

moyaalberto31's profile photo
moyaalberto31
09/25/2018 10:18 a.m.

@Regina In my humble opinion there is no more reliable system than another, there are more stable diabetes than others, in those days in which I am flat, freestyle-miaomiao/blucon and capillary glucometer nailes the results but on the roller mountain daysor post-port

sigsauer's profile photo
sigsauer
09/25/2018 6:29 p.m.

Like the blood analysis there is nothing.No system is reliable.Each one uses the one that can be affected or more suits.
I am happy with Free and Insulinx but I am sure that with any other I would be happy because my values ​​are quite stable in general.
What does not seem good to me is age discrimination, it should be by glycemic control as with bombs.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
09/25/2018 11:24 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

I agree with @"sigsauer" is not a reliability problem is that if you have sudden changes of glucose, none will measure you well.In my case, Free usually nails the blood values, taking into account that in blood with two followed measurements give me differences from 10 to 20 many times, because those differences with the free see them very normal.
I have a couple of sensors that have given me more difference, like 30-35 below always and that already moving me a little because then the endo scares when seeing the graphs by the hypos that are not real.That I usually be in 80-90 because with 30 less it already marks hypo and it is actually a perfect value.The good thing that always gives me below and more or less the same difference then for me serves me but the graphics already unravels them.If they put calibration to correct these things it would be a great advance.

Yessica_A's profile photo
Yessica_A
09/26/2018 12:05 p.m.

DM1 desde 2003 | Toujeo + Humalog | FreeStyle 2 | HbA1c 5.5

Good morning forum, I would be glad what they gave us all for free, but it seems good that they give it to the minors, we will continue fighting to give us also that of or everyone or none is not right !!

andrespmat's profile photo
andrespmat
09/30/2018 11:30 a.m.

I see it perfect, although my opinion is that it is an injustice towards people over 18 who has a poorly controlled glucose, but my problem is another .. as I see that I have a 30 -year -old son with 98%disability, noSpeak, do not walk, do not hear and on top with 4 insulins a day, considered a minor before the law for the judicial incapacitation that has it, which by the way I as a mother I am also her tutor, but to receive a sensor she is older18 years?I do not explain it to me how the Ministry of Health once more has not thought of special cases that already see that there is a greeting.

dolores10ro's profile photo
dolores10ro
09/30/2018 1 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.