{'en': 'What do you take as a snack?', 'es': '¿Qué tomáis como picoteo?'} Image

What do you take as a snack?

cgs's profile photo   07/17/2019 7:01 p.m.

Hello!

Here I come with a doubt.I, when I studied, used to have close (at the table itself) nuts itself, jellys, worms ... that is, something to chop while studying, from time to time I took one, sometimes more often, sometimes less.I am studying at UNED and also preparing oppositions, and working (school classes), so that the exercise I do is rather scarce ... since everything I move at work is not considered to exercise.The problem comes at the time they detect high glucose values ​​on an empty stomach.and diagnose the (partly expected by genetics - mother, grandfather, great -grandmother, an aunt) diabetes.The peck ends ... and I realize that the performance in the study falls as a plummer.

I am currently under study, since among the doctors they do not agree if I have one type 2 or other type, until September they do not do the analytics with anti -antibodies (and I do not know what else) and until October I do not have endocrine.They have not given me insulin for the moment (I am only with Dapaglifocina, a glucodiuretic), although I do not think that October without insulin passes since the fasting values ​​are always above 100, which is what the endocrine told me (theday that better 110, I have reached 136).The fact is that I can not afford my pecks, at least those that I am used to.

What do you eat in these cases?I were most of the time raw almonds or peanuts, I once gave myself the whim of some gominate or worms ... but now I dare.

Thanks for the help!

cgs's profile photo
cgs
07/17/2019 7:01 p.m.

Diagnosticada de DM en enero de 2019, con tres generaciones (yo sería la cuarta) de diabéticos tipo 1 en la familia
En principio DM2 por resistencia a la insulina asociada a SOP (sin tener en cuenta los antecedentes familiares)
De momento, solo con Forxiga y Rybelsus (7mg) por la mañana
La glucosa hace lo que le da la gana
Ultimas Hemos: 7,2 (26/12/2023); 6,7 (12/2/2023, al mes de empezar con Rybelsus 3mg)
Última hemo: 6

I went to sugar -free gum years ago as an alternative to this type of peck ... although from time to time, I give the salty almonds, or the anacardos ... at the time the glucose does not rise much, butAt the hours yes.;)

fer's profile photo
fer
07/17/2019 9:38 p.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

fer said:
I passed to sugar -free gum as an alternative to this type of peck ... although from time to time, I give the salty almonds, or the anacardos... at the time the glucose does not rise much, but at the hours yes.;)

Thank you, I have raised the gum...

cgs's profile photo
cgs
07/17/2019 10:32 p.m.

Diagnosticada de DM en enero de 2019, con tres generaciones (yo sería la cuarta) de diabéticos tipo 1 en la familia
En principio DM2 por resistencia a la insulina asociada a SOP (sin tener en cuenta los antecedentes familiares)
Ultimas Hemos: 7,2 (26/12/2023); 6,7 (12/2/2023, al mes de empezar con Rybelsus 3mg)

Nuts do not upload much, olives are also a good option or cured cheese pieces.You can also make infusions or coffee/decaffeinated without milk.Normally it is not hungry, in those cases you eat more for boredom or custom.

Yessica_A's profile photo
Yessica_A
07/18/2019 8:03 a.m.

DM1 desde 2003 | Toujeo + Humalog | FreeStyle 2 | HbA1c 5.5

Hello
I take a good handful of Alemendras without salt (natural).Also pumpkin pipes already peeled and without salt (they are full of not saturated proteins and fats).They take away your hunger.And I combine it with an infusion.I also have in the fridge of work for moments of more hunger yogurt of soyBut I'm not sure.It is exquisite.If you can't also take fresh skim cheeses (here I take Quark).In your case, maybe you can also "peck" fruit low carbohydrates such as strawberries.And if you are at home, try to take a tomato and a cucumber.
Good luck with oppositions
All the best

jldiazdel's profile photo
jldiazdel
07/18/2019 10:27 a.m.

DM1 desde Marzo 2018 (53 años). 7-10 unidades basal: Abasaglar (insulina glargina). NovoRapid. Factor 1.0/1.5.
Vivo en Alemania. CarboH total dia 70-80 gr. Deporte Gym todos dias L-V 1h-2 h
HbA1c 5,5% (Abril 2022)
Dexcom G6

I usually take nuts (better raw without salt) that do not upload almost glycemia.Also, even if it is drink, there are some envelopes called "bolero" of flavors made with Stevia that have no hydrates and are very good and sweet in case you feel like sweet taste at that time, now in summer it is great, it is diluted inWater, you put them in the fridge and so you have it cold to take and satisfy you 😉

sil's profile photo
sil
07/18/2019 10:58 a.m.

FreeStyle Libre + MiaoMiao / Tresiba + Fiasp
DM1. Última HbA1c: 5,7%

Thank you very much to everyone, it seems that I can try the nuts again (@sil, I love almonds as is, only peeled, or as they say in shops and not without part of reason, repelled, and raw, without salt or salt orNothing, and @jldiazdel, the pumpkin pipes I also like, in fact, almonds, peanuts and sunflower or pumpkin pipes was what I used to have), and @yessica_a, you are right that it is often for boredom, custom and inMy case and sometimes anxiety.
I will try and tell you.

cgs's profile photo
cgs
07/18/2019 12:49 p.m.

cgs said:
thank you very much to everyone, it seems that I can try the nuts again (@sil, the almonds I love as is, only peeled, or as they say in the shops and notWithout part of reason, repelled, and raw, without salt or anything, and @jldiazdel, the pumpkin pipes I also like, in fact, almonds, peanuts and sunflower or pumpkin pipes was what it used to have), and @yessica_a,You are right that it is often for boredom, custom and in my case and sometimes anxiety.
I will test and tell you.

If you like raw almond per 100gr, it only has 5gr of carbohydrates (0.5 rations 😃).Everything is to try and see how each food affects in your body 😉

sil's profile photo
sil
07/18/2019 12:55 p.m.

FreeStyle Libre + MiaoMiao / Tresiba + Fiasp
DM1. Última HbA1c: 5,7%

sil said:

If you like raw almond per 100gr, it only has 5gr of carbohydrates (0.5 rations 😃).Everything is to try and see how each food affects 😉

You are right, each body is a world, and mine for now seems extraterrestrial, I guess I will gradually do with it.Thanks for the information, I did not know that the almond had so few HC, I am learning a lot here and that helps me.

cgs's profile photo
cgs
07/18/2019 1:44 p.m.

Pepinillos or vinegar chiller -type pickles do not have hydrates, for example.Apart from what TB said you can chop some cheese, serrano ham ... Without insulin it is difficult, unable to click to lower the sugar, what you do will depend a lot on the diet and exercise

Maritxu22's profile photo
Maritxu22
07/20/2019 8:22 p.m.

DM1 desde abril 2006. 33años
Tresiba:12-14
Fiasp a demanda
Dexcom G6

Última HbA1c: 6% (junio)

"The fasting values ​​are always above 100, which is what the endocrine told me (the day that best 110, I have reached 136). The fact is that I can no longer allow my pecks, at least those that I amused. "

Hello.But those values, I think, are not to wait for you to send you insulin soon as you are afraid, with a type 2 diabetes. They are values ​​that indicate a diabetes but very little uploaded.I understand that with pills you will be controlled.

Toño Palacio's profile photo
Toño Palacio
07/21/2019 10:59 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Well, to kill the bug between hours I take some almonds or olives (with or without bone)

macarron_con_diabetes's profile photo
macarron_con_diabetes
07/21/2019 11:25 a.m.

DM1 desde Julio 1992 (con 11 años).
Bomba Medtronic 780G con Novorapid.
HbA1c: 5,9% (Octubre 2022), TIR 91%

toño palace said:

Hello.But those values, I think, are not to wait for you to send you insulin soon as you are afraid, with a type 2 diabetes. They are values ​​that indicate a diabetes but very little uploaded.I understand that with pills you will be controlled.

The problem is that the guy does not know yet ... nor among them agree.And I'm with a pill

cgs's profile photo
cgs
07/21/2019 1:01 p.m.

Coca Cola Light and hazelnuts

Sherpa41's profile photo
Sherpa41
07/21/2019 2:05 p.m.

En 1922 descubrieron la insulina, en 1930 la insulina lenta. ¿Que c*** han hecho desde entonces?

To me with those values ​​that you comment they told me that I had prediabetes, they made me a hemoglobin and I got 5.8.A fast is usually between 110 and 120

Dalu's profile photo
Dalu
07/21/2019 8:53 p.m.

Papa niño 3 años diagnosticado julio 2017. Uso medtronic 640 con sensor enlite. Ultima glicosilada 6,3.

Diagnosticado noviembre 2019.

dalu said:
to me with those values ​​that you comment told me that I had prediabetes, they made me a hemoglobin and it came out 5.8.A fast is usually between 110 and 120

To me hemoglobin in January came out of 8, at the end of March, with the pills (which make glucose eliminating through the urine), 6. For me that 6 actually, with these pills, it means nothing ...Only my kidneys, for the moment, work and "swallow" with what they throw, in this case, in addition to what they filter by nature, with glucose ...

cgs's profile photo
cgs
07/21/2019 9:02 p.m.

I am going to give you a recipe that I make in just a few minutes (it serves for the cinema or when you see) you let go of a handful of chickpeas overnight, the dry ones, you put them on a tray with sulphurized paper, the sprinkling
From spices to taste (I take a little paprika, turmeric and dusty gegibre), leave them about 15 ', until they have golden, and you will have healthy snacks.

Samuel11489's profile photo
Samuel11489
07/22/2019 10:50 a.m.

DM 1 desde Junio de 1995
Humalog Kwik Pen D-T-N
Tresiba N

@CGS Hello, the first thing I want to tell you is that with those glycemia values ​​I would be happyzzzz: d I am type 1 and my glycemias look more like a saw than of valley;It is well to prevent but do not overwhelm.
When, many years ago, I dedicated myself to programming and maintaining an application with about 300 users quite penzos, which forced me to curdle to the many, put some hands to eat between apotheosic hours.Then I have realized that my brain needed a lot of glucose and how to get it was eating two cheeks.I neither fattened nor the glycemia rose a lot, a thing of 250 or so;) so it is possible that suppressing the peck is what makes you lower the performance.The nuts distract a lot and are rich, what if you go to natural fruit in pieces?My night's "entertaining" is a cucumber the greatest I find, cut into slices, which gives me for a good time itching distracted and without sugary shocks, but the same your brain is asking for more fuel.

juanluis1957's profile photo
juanluis1957
07/28/2019 11:01 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Hi, the manager gives a lot of energy, produces anxiety and 50 grs of man are 5 ch, my son is doing very well.

Danielita76's profile photo
Danielita76
07/29/2019 4:38 p.m.

Mamá de Tomás 10 años. Dt1 hace 5 años. Con Iport y free1+Bubble mini. Argentina.
Tresiba 9u y Lispro.

Juanluis1957 said:
my "night's entertaining" is a cucumber the greatest thing I find, ...
>
@Juanluis1957, thankfully you have added "cut into slices", because it sounded fatal!: D: D: p

aaandres's profile photo
aaandres
07/29/2019 7:45 p.m.

Padre de Andrés, 17 años. Debut: septiembre de 2011.
Levemir (30ud. mañana y 24ud. noche) y Novorapid (en desayuno, comida, merienda y cena 40ud aprox - 24HC/día).
Medidor continuo DEXCOM G4 desde julio 2014
Hemo: 6.2 (Sept. 2013), 7.0 (Dic. 2013), 6.9 (Marzo 2014), 6,6 (Junio 2014), 6,7 (Sept. 2014), 7,0 (Dic. 2014), 7,7 (Mar 2015), 6,9 (Jul. 2015), 7,0 (Sept 2015), 7,4 (Dic 2015), 6,8 (Mar 2016), 6,6 (Julio 2016), 6,8 (Octubre2016)... 7,0 (Mar 2018)

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.