{'en': 'Are they really going to expand the supply of continuous glucose meters to adults?', 'es': '¿De verdad van a ampliar el suministro de los medidores continuos de glucosa a los adultos?'} Image

Are they really going to expand the supply of continuous glucose meters to adults?

rosanriv's profile photo   11/11/2018 2:22 p.m.

Yesterday I took a huge joy reading a press release.

But I don't know how much it will be true.Apparently, this week that begins, the government wants to expand adults (only in some cases but it is already a giant step) the supply of "without punctures" meters, as they call them.

We will have to see what happens and if they meet.And then, the communities react soon.

Does anyone know anything more about this?

rosanriv's profile photo
rosanriv
11/11/2018 2:22 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Hopefully continuous meters will be subsidized.In the long run, complications and hospitalizations would be avoided and compensated by expenses

Regina's profile photo
Regina
11/11/2018 4:09 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

It is in forecast that is done at the national level now patience.It is also heard, it is rumored that those that are not flash systems are going to study in special cases

jconegar's profile photo
jconegar
11/12/2018 12:32 p.m.

Miembro del equipo moderador del foro.

Ultima prueba realizada:
Maratón San Petesrburgo (Rusia)
https://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/07/maraton-san-petersburgo-rusa-42195-mts.html

Prueba deportiva Ruta de las Fortalezas.
http://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/05/ruta-de-las-fortalezas-2019-54700.html

Facebook: Jorge Moto
Usuario Dexcom G6 y microinfusora Tandem T: Slim X2 Basal IQ

Well today it has been the president of the Board that has released it: Link

rosanriv's profile photo
rosanriv
11/12/2018 11:06 p.m.

Only 60,000 people ????
It doesn't touch me anymore.Surely the policy of the bombs continues .... non -controllable cases ....

Anyway with the quality fall that Abbott has lately I do not know if it will finally be so economical and profitable with respect to the strips

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
11/13/2018 3:25 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

Well, in the end they will end up doing so or yes.In my opinion, it will be enough that the person or people on whom the decision depends, bother to inform themselves of the benefits of these systems, and that a well -controlled diabetic today is more likely to have no problems in the future (quality of life and savings to social security).

But I ask, if someone is less than 18 and it already benefits from this measure or has children or familiar/acquaintances to do it ... do they refer exclusively to free not?That is, right now they finance ... free, dexcom no right?

What scares me is that "strong decompensation" Who puts the scale?What is "strong"?I imagine that in the end it will be the endocrine who judges or not if it is convenient for each diabetic.If not, the one who takes it "better compensated" and say that "he is best off", he will be the last to benefit.Paradoxes of the system and life.

Although I still think that, making calculations, the price difference between "6 punctures a day" and "a sensor every two weeks" (regardless of whether you do not stop puncturing, it is clear that you have to check, there are sensors that come out better thanothers, etc, but when I carry the sensor I punish me "much less"), but I still think that the price does not change so much (a box of strips a week about 25 euros, a sensor 60 euros every two weeks, I imagine that it isThey will make a special price to the social sec.).And the benefits in the long run can be huge.

Greetings to all

micadur's profile photo
micadur
11/18/2018 12:39 p.m.

It also catches my attention (I was going to say that it offends me, but it is not so much hehe) that of "without punctures."Every time you talk about these meters, the greatest importance of "without punctures" is always.I think they should focus a little more towards how important it is to easily know the glucose trend and how it affects your daily glucose curve your diet, your exercise, in short ... how important it is to know the glucose pattern.Yes, to click on a can, but he who does not know what this will think "looks, they don't have to click" instead of "look, they can now have the most controlled diabetes", with what that means.

The control that I carry when I have a sensor on, is much better than when not, no doubt.

Well I had been waiting for so long ... Let's see if it's true.

Another health :-)

micadur's profile photo
micadur
11/18/2018 4:14 p.m.

myadur said:
also attracts my attention (I was going to say that it offends me, but it is not so much hehe) that of "without punctures".Every time you talk about these meters, the greatest importance of "without punctures" is always.I think they should focus a little more towards how important it is to easily know the glucose trend and how it affects your daily glucose curve your diet, your exercise, in short ... how important it is to know the glucose pattern.Yes, to click on a can, but he who does not know what this will think "looks, they don't have to click" instead of "look, they can now have the most controlled diabetes", with what that means.

The control that I carry when I have a sensor on, is much better than when not, no doubt.

Well I had been waiting for so long ... Let's see if it's true.

Another health:-)

I totally agree with you without punctures, they must prohibit it but even the health managers themselves say that is, it is difficult.It is false and misleading advertising, it is true that it has once been commented that we read the small print of this laboratory, but in the news of the newspapers there is no small print and when the managers or health counselors announce it either.

jconegar's profile photo
jconegar
11/19/2018 12:11 a.m.

Miembro del equipo moderador del foro.

Ultima prueba realizada:
Maratón San Petesrburgo (Rusia)
https://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/07/maraton-san-petersburgo-rusa-42195-mts.html

Prueba deportiva Ruta de las Fortalezas.
http://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/05/ruta-de-las-fortalezas-2019-54700.html

Facebook: Jorge Moto
Usuario Dexcom G6 y microinfusora Tandem T: Slim X2 Basal IQ

In Aragon it will be for minors and for pregnant women.I'm almost 6 months and I have 2 and a half waiting for them to grant it :( :(

anadue's profile photo
anadue
11/19/2018 8:25 a.m.

Good night, I present myself because I'm new
I am 36 years old and I debuted with 8. I want to improve my control (5.6 glyc but with descents) because I want to try to get pregnant.In Madrid Abbot's freestyle has no subsidy, so I bought it on my own.60 euros each patch, 14 days.I have tried 3 and at the same time I have kept the capillary controls.
Experience, between the result of Freestyle and the capillary was between 40 and 60 points of difference, being more under the interstitial.Has anyone worked?
In my health center they have told me that until they have better efficiency they will not subsidize.

Arin82's profile photo
Arin82
11/28/2018 11:21 p.m.

You can use the Glimp app and calibrate with capillary measures.Free sensors do not do well to everyone.It happens to me the same as you.For me the best solution has been to buy in addition to the free the myomiao that together with a wonderful one, the free reader only uses it to start it.
I am very funny the excuses of the public administration, until I nose reliable they do not finance it ????? Well look, the dexcom is very reliable ....

erpla's profile photo
erpla
11/29/2018 5:57 a.m.

DMT1 desde 1994, Bomba de insulina desde 2016, Freestyle+Miaomiao+Xdrip, última Hemo 5.8%

erpla said:
you can use the glymp app and calibrate with capillary measures.Free sensors do not do well to everyone.It happens to me the same as you.For me the best solution has been to buy in addition to the free the myomiao that together with a wonderful one, the free reader only uses it to start it.
I am very funny the excuses of the public administration, until I nose reliable they do not finance it ????? Well look, the dexcom is very reliable ...

Thank you very much for the information!
Do you have bought myomiao?Understand that the values ​​that it gives once calibrated are different from those that the reader gives?

Arin82's profile photo
Arin82
11/29/2018 8:24 a.m.

erpla said:
you can use the glymp app and calibrate with capillary measures.Free sensors do not do well to everyone.It happens to me the same as you.For me the best solution has been to buy in addition to the free the myomiao that together with a wonderful one, the free reader only uses it to start it.
I am very funny the excuses of the public administration, until I nose reliable they do not finance it ????? Well look, the dexcom is very reliable ...

Capillary glucometers are very reliable !!!With up to 30 mg/dl of allowed differences between glycemia and blood glucose, I laugh for not crying.-.

sigsauer's profile photo
sigsauer
11/29/2018 11:09 a.m.

Yes @arin82.In my case the free measures me 50 or 60 x below although the forna of the graph is the same.The xDrip I calibrate the day with the stable glycose and is practically the same as the capillary.Miao bought it on the page of the house that sells it but I think it is also sold by diabeka.
@Sigsauer what offends me is that they deceive us with the reliability, to tell us that they do not want to spend that money on our quality of life, at least that is true ... but that they lie to us is that they do notI can endure

erpla's profile photo
erpla
11/29/2018 noon

DMT1 desde 1994, Bomba de insulina desde 2016, Freestyle+Miaomiao+Xdrip, última Hemo 5.8%

erpla said:

Let's be fair.The friend has said that the excuse gave it to the health center.Go know who.The worker of a health center is a sanitary adminitration but it is not the health administration.

Ignasi_p's profile photo
Ignasi_p
11/30/2018 7:14 p.m.

Abasaglar 25U (noche)
Novorapid 4/6/6 (y lo que caiga por enmedio)
Glicosilada (30/4/19): 6.5

Of course, it is very clear that this answer has not been given by someone who understands the subject because he has invented it, I am sure that this person really thinks what he has said, proof of the ignorance he has, but it is still a false informationthat it should not be lightly, it seems to me a lack of respect that they take me for silly the truth ...
And I say again that surely the intention is good ...

erpla's profile photo
erpla
12/01/2018 9:11 a.m.

arin82 said:
good night, I present myself because I am new
I am 36 years old and I debuted with 8. I want to improve my control (5.6 glyc but with descents) because I want to try to get pregnant.In Madrid Abbot's freestyle has no subsidy, so I bought it on my own.60 euros each patch, 14 days.I have tried 3 and at the same time I have kept the capillary controls.
Experience, between the result of Freestyle and the capillary was between 40 and 60 points of difference, being more under the interstitial.Has anyone worked?
In my health center they have told me that until they have better efficiency they will not subsidize.

Hello, I use the free, a trick that I read to improve the readings and that I turned out was to put the sensor the day before you start it, so that the filament nods and soak up before starting it.All the best.

TATO's profile photo
TATO
12/01/2018 9:26 a.m.

Diagnóstico DM1 - 1993
Tandem t: slim X2 - 2019, Novo Rapid
Dexcom G5 - 2017
Última glicosilada 6,5

Good morning, I have been 1 year for 1 year.
I have a lot of variability due to inadvertent hypos, especially at night, so I lay in 200 longs to avoid it and other nights I had the effect of dawn.
The last gluco without this system was 8.6, no comments ... it was normally 7.8-8. 3 months drop to 7.1, another 3 months later 6.4 (I got angry and everything!) I learned to calculate HC rations (It was time ...... 33 years later) and in December next review.
According to Nightscout, hemo will be 7.1, according to ABBOTT 6.7 reader (much difference due to the inaccuracy of both systems?).
But it is true that glycemic variability is much lower, much better control.I discovered that I had insulin left over everywhere ..... in the Basal Tresiba between 6 and 8 units, so despite the inaccuracy, I am happy.
If because it is good I do not access the financing of the SS, because nothing, a year with 8 and we see .....

Merchedm's profile photo
Merchedm
12/02/2018 10:53 a.m.

tato said:
arin82 said:
good night, I present myself because I am new

Hello, I use the free, a trick that I read to improve the readings and that I turned out was to put the sensor the day before you start it, so that the filament nods and soak up before starting it.All the best.

Hello!And it really shows it a day before?
My problem is that I am always very tight and since the free gives me 50 pu coughs below I do not read, because it almost always marks me below 40, except some times after eating.I need to know if with that trick it can work.My hemo is 5.4 and I can't take risks at decreases and 10 or 11 daily tests is a lot, my fingers are purple!

Arin82's profile photo
Arin82
12/02/2018 11:09 a.m.

Yes, it shows, moreover, I put it 72 hours in advance, because the first 3 days and capillary with reader is difficult ... now from day one, in stability and glucose between 90 and 160 perfect.Out of those ranges .... much difference down (real hypo) or to the high hyper (exaggerated).

Merchedm's profile photo
Merchedm
12/02/2018 1:53 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.