{'en': "After hiccups I stay exhausted.Doesn't it happen to you?", 'es': 'Después de hipo me quedo agotada. ¿No os pasa?'} Image

After hiccups I stay exhausted.Doesn't it happen to you?

Arikasplay's profile photo   08/23/2019 2:59 p.m.

Good afternoon, I've been with diabetes for about 23 years and I find it curious that when I have hypos that after recovering I stay as exhausted, does this happen to you?

Today I had a hiccup (I do not know why if I lunch pasta with vegetables) there is also a mortal heat wave where I live I suppose that it will also influence, I was resting and I threw a scary headache, I no longer coordinated and there was aHip of 49. I took a juice and a sandwich lascaA beating ...

I am also afraid because there are times that I do not notice the hypos, or the symptoms are different from how to have them (headache is the first time it happens to me with a hiccup, in my case it is usually weakness, sweat and tremor)Now or my head is buzzed or on the way to very rare things ... next week I have an appointment with the educator to see what he tells me about it ...

Greetings.

Arikasplay's profile photo
Arikasplay
08/23/2019 2:59 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

If you do not use any continuous measurement system or flash, give your educators that they put you in the financing of free freestyle, not having or detect the symptoms of hypoglycemia is often a reason for financing.-

sigsauer's profile photo
sigsauer
08/23/2019 3:04 p.m.

@Sigsauer Thank you, my educator told me but she told me that I have to tell my endocrine (until November I do not see her) to put the freestyle, for now I continue with the contour glycometer Next.Let's see what he tells me next week ...

Arikasplay
08/23/2019 3:10 p.m.

It happens to me when the descent is very large, if it is small, a can of Coca Cola and like new.Passes from juices and cookies.

Sherpa41's profile photo
Sherpa41
08/23/2019 4:50 p.m.

En 1922 descubrieron la insulina, en 1930 la insulina lenta. ¿Que c*** han hecho desde entonces?

@Sherpa41 Thank you, but the soft drinks feel bad ... I have not taken one XD for about 15 years but thanks for the comment 😊 I'm glad to know that I'm not the only one 😁

Arikasplay
08/23/2019 4:53 p.m.

@Arikasplay When you go back the hypoglycemia, what values ​​do you wear?In principle with a juice or even medium, you should overcome the hiccA decrease for both the body and your own control.

nigiri's profile photo
nigiri
08/23/2019 8:48 p.m.

DM1 desde 1990 - Fiasp y Toujeo - HG: 6,1

No, if I reached 92 (at a hypo of 49) if I have 60 cookies, I don't like the juice, I don't know my educator to see what I think ... it's that it has always happened to me that I stayexhausted but I do not reach exorbitant levels ...

Arikasplay
08/23/2019 9:40 p.m.

It also happens to me in values ​​below 50. And it is also that it is exactly the same, I do not notice the hypos and most of them pillo by Miao Miao.I have concluded that when that happens to me it is because I have been too long in hypoglycemia without realizing it.

NiñaBurbuja's profile photo
NiñaBurbuja
08/23/2019 10:54 p.m.

T1 diagnosticada a los 24, tengo 31.
Además soy celiaca y con muchas alergias alimentarias, entre ellas profilina. Recientemente diagnosticada con hipotiroidismo también.

Mmm makes sense, thanks for all comments they help a lot ^^

Arikasplay
08/23/2019 11:33 p.m.

niñaburbuja said:
It also happens to me under 50. And it is also that it is exactly the same, I do not notice the hypos and most of them pillo by Miao Miao.I have concluded that when that happens to me it is because I have been too long in hypoglycemia without realizing it.

TRUE.I remember once in a tail began to lower my sugar and I not to lose my site for a little while with the downturn.Then I was super dusty all day.Since then I take a soda to the minimum.

Sherpa41's profile photo
Sherpa41
08/24/2019 12:51 a.m.

En 1922 descubrieron la insulina, en 1930 la insulina lenta. ¿Que c*** han hecho desde entonces?

@Sherpa41 Well, it must be that, because Ko leaves me, to see if the educator clarifies the matter and the hypos that I do not notice, I hope it is nothing bad because with the retinopathy he made me the full year .... thanks for the opinions they have helped me a lot ^^

Arikasplay
08/24/2019 8:57 a.m.

@Arikasplay, you have been with diabetes for 23 years, I only 16 months and I hardly notice the hypos.Of what I call "rales of death", that is, wild palpitations and cold sweats, the only symptom that I have left is the blurred view: as soon as I notice that I see as if I had myopia, I know that I am very very very25 and 30 glycemia.If it weren't for that symptom, I would feel as if I was in rank.And what I am noticing later is not tired, but irritability and bad mood.There are times that I give some answers or make disproportionate comments, especially to the people I love the most.:(

I have come to spend the MCG for a while to see if I looked like what "said" my body, because with the dexcom alarms I have the feeling that you stop perceiving the symptoms since you know that something watches for you.Well, not even those ...

It is an issue that I have dealt with a lot with the educator and the endocrine.The latter has told me not to worry so much to get a hem of less than 6 %, because it is much more important to keep the maximum time in rank.To do this, he told me to lower my basal dose (from 18 units, now I am in 14), although I had to use faster.And it's what I am doing.I have to get fast (1 or 2 units) between meals, but I am avoiding the hypos.

At night the MCG sometimes warns me that it is going up (there it depends a lot on what I have dinner and at what time), although I prefer to wake up and put on a couple of units quickly to wake up for a hiccup and have to wait to seeHow is it going.

During the day if the hypo is small and I am at home I take a natural juice (1 orange).With that I put on 100 mg/dl and I endure without anything else.If it is a hypo around 60, a Coca Cola (authentic hand of saint).When I go out now, Glucosport's glucose blisters (6.5 gr of glucose/ampoule) and they are working well.

Let's see what your educator tells you and among all we continue to help each other.
Good weekend :)

Palomilla's profile photo
Palomilla
08/24/2019 2:26 p.m.

DM1 desde abril 2018.
Toujeo y Fiasp.
Primero, Dexcom G4, luego, FreeStyle 2 (SS), ahora, Dexcom One (SS).

Thank you @Palomilla, Wow, 16 months ... I When I had a little if I noticed them and my mother seemed to die with 8 years, 25/30!?And were you conscious?I am about to pass out 😰 ... the human body is very rare huh ...

I do not use freestyle at the moment but this happens to me recently, not noticing the hypos, the fatigue has always happened to me but the hypos is that I am afraid because I am alone all day and I exercise alone and with thisHeat is worse ... and well in these 23 years I fainted 1 time (at the beginning of my diabetes more or less) because I had a very fat hypo and had to cross the hall and reach the kitchen to eat (come on,Do not leave in my fourth juices or something).

Yes, many have recommended the Coca Cola but I am against the sodas ... I feel bad, that's why I continue with juices, but thanks for your comment ^^ helps a lot ^^

Arikasplay
08/24/2019 2:40 p.m.

I am also one of those who stays KO, and getting worse, it will be a matter of age.
Commentary to the cookies: the endocrine as a rescue for the downturn was prescribed, in particular the Maria of a lifetime, said that it is the only food that knows how much it really contributes, and that they do not vary much from one brand to another.Four cookies = 1 European ration.
As for the drops not detected, my endocrine scheduled higher glycemia for 6 months, and when I returned to normal I already noticed the downturn, and so I continue.It is a matter of "rearming" the immune system (the detection of hypoglycemia is an immune reaction), talk to your endo.

juanluis1957's profile photo
juanluis1957
08/25/2019 11:27 a.m.

@Juanluis1957 Thank you for your comment, my educator lowered my dose of insulin because I had many hypos and configured the insulin sensitivity of the app with which I control myself, so far everything good, the hypos are less frequent but I still do not notice themAs you should, as you say it will be for age or changes ...

I always juice (grape and lidl peach and peach that has about 12g) when I have a hypo and two María cookies if I have a very strong hypo (below 50) I do not disrupt my sugar and I keep well.

Thank you all from the heart, it helps me to know your opinion.

Arikasplay
08/25/2019 11:55 a.m.

I have been for a short time and I notice them every time I even less even the truth for the moment I have had very few thanks to the sensor.

But if I have noticed that I loose bad answers and in fact my wife sometimes when I answer badly or angry for something tells me to look at the sensor or blood because I think you are short!Which sometimes fits me a little more :)

@Palomilla has commented something interesting.We are very obsessed (I included) with a low HB.Q is important.But more and more importance is given to spend a % time as high as possible within the range.Surely both are related, but a high time in the range is a good indicator that we have not suffered many hyper and hypos.And that thanks the body.

All the best

jldiazdel's profile photo
jldiazdel
08/25/2019 12:02 p.m.

DM1 desde Marzo 2018 (53 años). 7-10 unidades basal: Abasaglar (insulina glargina). NovoRapid. Factor 1.0/1.5.
Vivo en Alemania. CarboH total dia 70-80 gr. Deporte Gym todos dias L-V 1h-2 h
HbA1c 5,5% (Abril 2022)
Dexcom G6

@jldiazdel thanks for commenting 😊 because in my case it is that my endo wants it to be in HB low so that my retinopathy does not get worse and they say that I can have damage in the kidney (I have to wait to do the analytics to see ...)

But of course, I don't want to be that every two steps that you take, have a hiccup, (especially in summer and with heat waves).Let's see if on Wednesday they clarify everything and tell you how ☺️

Arikasplay
08/25/2019 12:18 p.m.

They also leave me exhausted, and with a lot of sleep ... and that in this issue I have not paid much to the endocrine, which only considers hypo below 50 (the head doctor and the nurse do not agree, they say that I do not reach those values ​​because going out of less than that figure is complicated), I think that if I get so much directly I fall asleep as soon as I go back ...

cgs's profile photo
cgs
08/25/2019 7:06 p.m.

Diagnosticada de DM en enero de 2019, con tres generaciones (yo sería la cuarta) de diabéticos tipo 1 en la familia
En principio DM2 por resistencia a la insulina asociada a SOP (sin tener en cuenta los antecedentes familiares)
De momento, solo con Forxiga y Rybelsus (7mg) por la mañana
La glucosa hace lo que le da la gana
Ultimas Hemos: 7,2 (26/12/2023); 6,7 (12/2/2023, al mes de empezar con Rybelsus 3mg)
Última hemo: 6

@CGS
I think you should seriously change your endocrine.

I would avoid being below 70. The ideal is that you are around 100.

If you have trends to hypos, avoid them!The more you get used to the lowest you will have to be.It is a very dangerous circle that you have to avoid

jldiazdel's profile photo
jldiazdel
08/25/2019 8:35 p.m.

DM1 desde Marzo 2018 (53 años). 7-10 unidades basal: Abasaglar (insulina glargina). NovoRapid. Factor 1.0/1.5.
Vivo en Alemania. CarboH total dia 70-80 gr. Deporte Gym todos dias L-V 1h-2 h
HbA1c 5,5% (Abril 2022)
Dexcom G6

cgs said:
They also leave me exhausted, and with a lot of dream ... and that in this subject I have not paid much to the endocrine, which only considers hypo below50 (The head doctor and the nurse do not agree, they say that it does not reach those values ​​because overcoming less than that figure is complicated), I think that if I get so much directly I fall asleep as soon as I go back ...

@Cgs tell your endocrine to put 1U of insulin to lower the blood glucose at 50mg/dl and feel in their own meat how pleasant one feels a@ being in 50, that espared and what maja hey!I laugh for not crying.-

sigsauer's profile photo
sigsauer
08/25/2019 8:51 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.