Freestyle financed

Palomilla's profile photo   09/15/2019 11:10 a.m.

A few days ago I was with the Social Security educator and told me that I had signed up in the freestyle candidates list.The criteria to be on that list are: inadvertent hypoglycemia, pregnancy and disability.
From what he said, when those names are approved (when? I don't know), they will call us to give us the free and teach us a workshop.He also said he believes that they will give us four sensors a month.
What I do not know is what happens to patients who do not enter the criteria to receive the free.Perhaps little by little for everyone (the educator commented that there are many more adults with DM1 than minors).In any case, it is already a beginning.

If I really can be one of the lucky receivers, I am clear that I leave Dexcom and I go to Free.In this forum there is a lot of information to know how to make it MCG.
I guess there will be Dexcom users who want to continue with Dexcom or meters from other companies, but I also imagine that there will be many people like me who think that "a funded sensor does not look at him the Mard (or anything else)."Now that companies that manufacture meters decide to reduce their products may be able to lower.
We will see what happens.

Palomilla's profile photo
Palomilla
09/15/2019 11:10 a.m.

DM1 desde abril 2018.
Toujeo y Fiasp.
Primero, Dexcom G4, luego, FreeStyle 2 (SS), ahora, Dexcom One (SS).

@Palomilla

If you leave dexcom (I can understand it because it is expensive if you pay it, but if not I would never leave it) ask your doctor or educator if you can already give yourself the freestyle sensor 2 in which they have improved the accuracy, one of theAbbott sensor problems.

All the best

jldiazdel's profile photo
jldiazdel
09/15/2019 12:23 p.m.

DM1 desde Marzo 2018 (53 años). 7-10 unidades basal: Abasaglar (insulina glargina). NovoRapid. Factor 1.0/1.5.
Vivo en Alemania. CarboH total dia 70-80 gr. Deporte Gym todos dias L-V 1h-2 h
HbA1c 5,5% (Abril 2022)
Dexcom G6

In Spain, Freestyle 2 has not arrived yet.

mamarvazq's profile photo
mamarvazq
09/15/2019 12:28 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Oh !

I hope I arrive soon.

I cannot give references of whether they have really improved.I passed Dexcom before sensor 2 arrived here (the previous one gave me a great allergy).That time and users really say it.Abbott says on his page that they have improved precision according to certified clinical tests (and I have no reason to doubt).

All the best

jldiazdel
09/15/2019 12:36 p.m.

DM1 desde Marzo 2018 (53 años). 7-10 unidades basal: Abasaglar (insulina glargina). NovoRapid. Factor 1.0/1.5.
HbA1c 5,5% (Abril 2022)
Dexcom G6

@jldiazdel El Freestyle 2 is only marketed in Germany, for the moment, I think now

sigsauer's profile photo
sigsauer
09/15/2019 12:58 p.m.

The precision of free freestyle 2 is the same as that of free freeyle 1 with the update this summer.

DavidAG2000's profile photo
DavidAG2000
09/15/2019 1:02 p.m.

Hello good afternoon I am DM I and my tb have put me on the list for Freestyle financed but in my hospital there are 1200 with dm i and I do not know when it will touch me.The Dexcom is better but it is very expensive and there are devices that sell so that the freestyle let you know of the miao miao 2

YaizaJ's profile photo
YaizaJ
09/16/2019 6:20 p.m.

@Yaizaj, I use Dexcom, but I am clear that if I can save that money, or rather, if I can stop spending that money, then welcome is the free.
I think like you;In addition, we have a lot of information to make the free become MCG.

Then, in the case of each person, other factors will intervene: I like it/I do not like it, I can afford another/I can not afford it, because go peanut/Well, what they give in the SS, etc.

The fundamental thing is that public health will provide something we did not have and that is clear help in the control of our disease.

Let's see if they give it to us soon.:-)

Palomilla
09/16/2019 7:44 p.m.

DM1 desde abril 2018.
Toujeo y Fiasp.

I see it still distant, in Madrid they still do not give it to all minors to pay me.I will continue to finance it.
In October I have endo and I will ask

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
09/17/2019 7:52 a.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

When they give it to us in Madrid, we will change government, there will be no budgets and will be eliminated from the portfolio of benefits ... I see it coming

Merchedm's profile photo
Merchedm
09/17/2019 8:45 p.m.

Hello, forum:

Yesterday I had review with the endocrine (Hemo: 5.6 Yujuuuu!) At the Jiménez Díaz Foundation and told me that in March they would call me to give me the Guardian Connect.I hardly die of emotion!I thought they would give me the Free and I was already happy, so with the Guardian and even tell you.
From what he said, I deduced that they are giving McG to the patients who already had one and the free to those who did not have any sensor or carried the free.
Dexcom told me that they gave it with counts.

Soon (I hope brief, brief) I see myself creating a "Guardian Connect: everything you need to know".

Another issue, obviously, is why some patients give us some things, to others and some nothing ...

Palomilla
02/29/2020 4:39 p.m.

DM1 desde abril 2018.
Toujeo y Fiasp.

Well, that's very good news

You will tell us in that new thread that you will soon create!

jldiazdel
02/29/2020 8:48 p.m.

HbA1c 5,5% (Abril 2022)
Dexcom G6

Yes, if @Palomilla, when I went in December, the endo offered me the Dexcom and rejected it.In April I hope they already cover the free.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
02/29/2020 11:05 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

Wow, go, neighbor @ruthbia, so you have preferred Free to Dexcom ... Is it because you are already used to Free, because you already know him?
What I realize for what you say is that my conclusions of how they distribute the sensors are not correct.I think it will be a pure question of the endocrine that touches you and what he wants to have.I certainly can't complain.
The bomb also offered me, theme that in the not too distant future I think will interest me a lot.I will ask the "Firefighters."

Palomilla
03/01/2020 10:24 a.m.

DM1 desde abril 2018.
Toujeo y Fiasp.

palomilla said:
hello, forum:

Yesterday I had review with the endocrine (Hemo: 5.6 Yujuuuu!) At the Jiménez Díaz Foundation and told me that in March they would call me to give me the Guardian Connect.I hardly die of emotion!I thought they would give me the Free and I was already happy, so with the Guardian and even tell you.
From what he said, I deduced that they are giving McG to the patients who already had one and the free to those who did not have any sensor or carried the free.
Dexcom told me that they gave it with counts.

Soon (I hope brief, brief) I see myself creating a "Guardian Connect: everything you need to know".

Another issue, obviously, is why some patients give us some things, others and some nothing ...

Congratulations on hemoglobin !!, you will tell us the secret for that hem without many weekly hypoglycemia or a low carbon diet ...

To me of Guardian Connect, what did not convince me was the mandatory calibration every 12 hours with the inconvenience that if you do not calibrate it, it does not continue giving you the glycemia.

sigsauer's profile photo
sigsauer
03/01/2020 11:43 a.m.

@Ruthbia

Well each one chooses the sensor that wants, but it has no comparison.

Dexcom is really an MCG with alarms (it even has a range for the day and another range can be programmed at night) and for my one year experience with Free and now another G6, Dexcom is much higher.It works very well and I don't exaggerate.I would never return to Free.Many bad sensors came out with great difference margins.With Dexcom or one has come bad yet!

But each one is free to choose the sensor that he likes and suits!

jldiazdel
03/01/2020 12:20 p.m.

HbA1c 5,5% (Abril 2022)
Dexcom G6

Hi, @sigsauer, thanks for the congratulations.:)

The truth is that there is no secret and you have already pointed out everything: during the week I do not take HC that come from cereals.The HC that I take are of vegetables (all), fruits (reds above all and 1 banana a few days before pilates), nuts, legumes (1 time a week) and dairy products (fundamentally, cheese).It is a solution that is working very well.Cereals are a real bomb for me, refined or integral.I have also tried to walk everywhere (I'm not running, but I've been a good rhythm).Walking is what has given me the greatest joys.There are times that I am surprised that this type of exercise is able to lower the glucose.
Of course, when the weekend arrives or if a Entresemana night there is dinner, then I do not deprive me of anything, that is the insulin.
I am also happy because in rank (mine: 75-150) I have been 83 % of the time, but I have been very constant in good habits (those that go well to me, of course).
I have managed to reduce the hypos a lot and the simple fact of not taking cereals has made it down the Toujeo units from 17 to 12!Anyway, the doctor is still worried about those nocturnal hypos that I have sometimes and that I live so happy with a hypo ... They are superlocalized, hence the bomb has proposed.
But you know how this is: what I have told you today the same is no longer useful for tomorrow.In any case, more than hem I am interested in the time in rank and end the hypos.

As for the Guardian, it is what I am reading that it is somewhat rolleras at first, Peeeeeeeeero is free.I will learn.;)

Palomilla
03/01/2020 12:47 p.m.

DM1 desde abril 2018.
Toujeo y Fiasp.

They called me last week of my Hospi to tell me that I had already arrived in the Free waiting list, so I will have a two -hour talk on Thursday and will provide me 6 Free sensors.Then in my opinion they are collected in the health center.

Halexx's profile photo
Halexx
05/10/2020 3:13 p.m.

DM 1 - 28 años - Debut 2016

Minimed640g con Humalog

Medtronic Guardian G3

Hello, good afternoon:
I've been waiting for months to receive this call, but I don't know the process to happen.I have been told that it is the endocrine who points to you or puts you in some type of list, but with the theme Covid.19 I was canceled the appointment in frame and there is no return forecast.I don't know if it's for another method but I begin to impatient myself because it is a great advance.

Maybe you can help me and explain the process you took.

Thank you so much.

EDUARDO88's profile photo
EDUARDO88
05/11/2020 7:09 p.m.

eduardo88 said:
hello, good afternoon:
I've been waiting for months to receive this call, but I don't know the process to happen.I have been told that it is the endocrine who points to you or puts you in some type of list, but with the theme Covid.19 I was canceled the appointment in frame and there is no return forecast.I don't know if it's for another method but I begin to impatient myself because it is a great advance.

Maybe you can help me and explain the process you took.

Thank you very much.

Hello, it depends on the autonomous community but, here in Madrid your endocrine gives you a sheet to fill and enter the waiting list, I fill it in mid -December, he told me that about March surely they would call me, that I did not wait for me toThey called before because they are very slow, in March came the COVID19 and nothing, they have not called me or I think, on March 22 I had tape with the endocrine, by then they should supposedly have called me, but neither call nor appointment, soWe will have to continue waiting.

Macarena93's profile photo
Macarena93
05/11/2020 8:27 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.