{'en': 'Doubt with rations.and climbs', 'es': 'Duda con raciones. y subidas'} Image

Doubt with rations.and climbs

Jaime37's profile photo   01/12/2019 11:10 p.m.

Hello everyone,

As I explain in another thread, less than a week ago I was diagnosed with DM1 Lada, rather said network, since in theory it was a type two, but after several analysis with antibodies and peptide C very low ,,,,,,,,,,,,,Well that.

A couple of days ago I insulin, slow, six units, but the endocrine told me that for the week that will see me again, it will rise to me to 12-14, I did not want to give me the 14 suddenly to start slowly.

Before taking insulin I was tracing with the metformin, I was already eating for rations, and comia 2-3 at breakfast, 2 in the middle of the morning, 5 in food, 2 in snack and 2-3 at dinner.

For eating like this, it came down from 86 to 72 kilos, and I kept going down, (and I was starving), on the other hand, I had the glycos in 5.4.I think he was lost by hunger, not for diabetes.

Doubt comes now ... Should rations increase not to be hungry?

Or pass a little hunger to have the most controlled climbs?

Since I click me, the doctor has told me to increase all rations in 1-2, or even 3;Doing this is hungry, but for example today two hours after eating, I had 200, and yesterday 5 hours after breakfast 220.

If after breakfast 2-3 hours, I have it very high, it is good that I skip the food from the 12, or do it has as it is better never jumping it?

If I have noticed that if I have it high after breakfast and at something at 12, when I get to food strangely it is almost good., While if not as anything, it seems that it costs more to go down (I know it sounds weird)

Thanks for the answers!

Jaime37's profile photo
Jaime37
01/12/2019 11:10 p.m.

La diabetes es una mierda

You have to see it.The main thing is to maintain glucose control, avoiding hypos and hyper.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
01/13/2019 12:45 a.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

I would tell you to eat the rations you need, exercise and fast insulin if at two hours of having eaten you.
Normally with exercise and eating normal, you should not use quickly at the beginning.
Do not go hungry as long as there is insulin.I did it and it is not worth it because in the end we ended insulin before or after.
Ask your doctor to prescribe insulin in case you are high after meals or above 160 before eating.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
01/13/2019 1:51 a.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

ruthbia said:
I would tell you that you eat the rations you need, exercise and fast insulin if at two hours of having eaten these high.
Normally with exercise and eating normal, you should not use quickly at the beginning.
Do not go hungry as long as there is insulin.I did it and it is not worth it because in the end we ended insulin before or after.
Ask your doctor to prescribe insulin in case you are high after meals or above 160 before eating.

I understand you that I should eat normal, without spending me, and starting from there seeing what I lack insulin, right?

Jaime37's profile photo
Jaime37
01/13/2019 11:42 a.m.

If after meals, 2h later you are above 180 you should tell the doctor in case it would be convenient for you to prescribe quickly.For three or four days try to eat the same amounts of hydrates and so you will see if you need fast or not.
Slow insulin if you get up well is the necessary dose.
I would eat what I feel like once you control the hydrates and doses.If they do not put you fast and you are high after meals would take few hydrates until the doctor advises you again.
In diabetes 2 plus 2 they are not 4, but if you are high after meals you need fast.

Anaisabel's profile photo
Anaisabel
01/13/2019 1:37 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Yes, that's.We do not have the same behavior in meals and every day is different.But in general, breakfast is the food that requires more effort because in the morning there is some insulin resistance.Hence you register higher values.
Ask the fast insulin doctor, then you will see whether you use it or not.
If you do not prescribe it, you should exercise to eliminate that high glycemia or eat less hydrates.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
01/13/2019 2:06 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

Insulin on demand and study well how to count the hydrates with the fast, that yes .. never but never stay hungry, do not let this disgusting disease make you hungry, insulin exists and is for use not to be stored.

FERLE's profile photo
FERLE
01/14/2019 12:19 p.m.

DT1
MINIMED 640G
FREESTYLE LIBRE

Another option that you have is to eat more of low foods in hydrates or without hydrates so as not to go hungry and maintain the current rations with which you do well.For example you can put a good salad that is almost free and takes away quite hungry.The cured cheeses, the nuts, the majority of vegetables, eggs, meat and fish have very little hydrate and satisfy a lot.
Between hours if you are high and have not given you quickly you can choose to eat something without hydrates or with very few (cheese, nuts, etc.) so that it does not upload anymore.I would not eat hydrates being high and less if you cannot correct with fast but well that is already decision of each one.
In my specific case there are days that only about 5 rations of hydrates spread over 3 meals and nothing hunger passed.Of course, as a lot of vegetables, protein and good fats.
Staying hungry is unsustainable, in the end you will send everything to shit.You will be overwhelmed, etc.

Yessica_A's profile photo
Yessica_A
01/14/2019 4:39 p.m.

DM1 desde 2003 | Toujeo + Humalog | FreeStyle 2 | HbA1c 5.5

Yesssica_a said:
Another option you have is to eat more foods low in hydrates or without hydrates so as not to go hungry and maintain the current rations with which you do well.For example you can put a good salad that is almost free and takes away quite hungry.The cured cheeses, the nuts, the majority of vegetables, eggs, meat and fish have very little hydrate and satisfy a lot.
Between hours if you are high and have not given you quickly you can choose to eat something without hydrates or with very few (cheese, nuts, etc.) so that it does not upload anymore.I would not eat hydrates being high and less if you cannot correct with fast but well that is already decision of each one.
In my specific case there are days that only about 5 rations of hydrates spread over 3 meals and nothing hunger passed.Of course, as a lot of vegetables, protein and good fats.
Staying hungry is unsustainable, in the end you will send everything to shit.You will be overwhelmed, etc.

I tend to hypoglycemia.And the doctor gives panic to give me a fat.That is why it goes so little.
I with 15 daily rations went from 86 to 72 kg, measuring 1.83

Jaime37's profile photo
Jaime37
01/14/2019 5:05 p.m.

Hypoglycemia are produced by excess insulin.If you lower hydrates you have to lower insulin.
But what I wanted to tell you is that if they put x rations and an insulin for those portions and you are hungry, goals without hydrates to remove hunger keeping the rations that put you.For example, they have put 3 rations of legume in the food and with that you are hungry, because add a piece of cheese or some meat or a salad plus the 3 portions of legumes and so you no longer stay hungry.
Hunger is not only removed with hydrates, there are many things that can be eaten without rations.What makes no sense is that you go hungry and that you are thinning being thin.That is that you eat little but you don't need to increase rations to eat more.If you go up you will have to use fast and that is already depending on you, but quickly it is more likely to have hypos because you are going to make mistakes in the calculations at some point.If you do well without fast with a number of rations you can upload it and add quickly or leave them as it is and eat more of other things that do not have hydrates so as not to go hungry.The option you choose already depends on you and whether your doctor wants to prescribe quickly.
I have put my case so you can see that you can eat few portions and not go hungry or lose weight, and I at most, more than 2000kcal a day most of the days.And with that I stay in my weight and do not go hungry and still do not upload hydrates.
Insulin climbing is normal that it goes little by little, it is the best way to do it so as not to pass.But if they only put you slowly, or you eat very little hydrate or you will have hypos when you do not eat or jump meals and peaks after eating.High meals in hydrates will have to cover quickly to carry good control, the slow is to stay stable in fasting.

Yessica_A
01/14/2019 5:32 p.m.

Yesssica_a said:
hypoglycemia are produced by excess insulin.If you lower hydrates you have to lower insulin.
But what I wanted to tell you is that if they put x rations and an insulin for those portions and you are hungry, goals without hydrates to remove hunger keeping the rations that put you.For example, they have put 3 rations of legume in the food and with that you are hungry, because add a piece of cheese or some meat or a salad plus the 3 portions of legumes and so you no longer stay hungry.
Hunger is not only removed with hydrates, there are many things that can be eaten without rations.What makes no sense is that you go hungry and that you are thinning being thin.That is that you eat little but you don't need to increase rations to eat more.If you go up you will have to use fast and that is already depending on you, but quickly it is more likely to have hypos because you are going to make mistakes in the calculations at some point.If you do well without fast with a number of rations you can upload it and add quickly or leave them as it is and eat more of other things that do not have hydrates so as not to go hungry.The option you choose already depends on you and whether your doctor wants to prescribe quickly.
I have put my case so you can see that you can eat few portions and not go hungry or lose weight, and I at most, more than 2000kcal a day most of the days.And with that I stay in my weight and do not go hungry and still do not upload hydrates.
Insulin climbing is normal that it goes little by little, it is the best way to do it so as not to pass.But if they only put you slowly, or you eat very little hydrate or you will have hypos when you do not eat or jump meals and peaks after eating.High meals in hydrates will have to cover quickly to carry good control, the slow is to stay stable in fasting.

I am crazy about this issue ... I still don't want to.
And I always stay hungry.If I upload a ration or two.It gives me through the clouds.
And I am afraid to spend with proteins nuts eggs and others for cholesterol.Then I don't know how to eat ...

Jaime37's profile photo
Jaime37
01/16/2019 6:03 p.m.

This topic drives me crazy ... I still didn't want to.
And I always stay hungry.If I upload a ration or two.It gives me through the clouds.
And I am afraid to spend with protein dried eggs and others through cholesterol.Then I don't know what the pussy eating ...

Nuts and eggs have healthy fats and do not rise cholesterol.That is a myth that has already been shown above studies that is not true.In fact, analytics are usually improved by including more good fats in food.You do not have to be afraid of healthy fats, which are very bad are the trans that are in the ultra -processed, margarines and others.Those present naturally in cold food and oils such as extra virgin olive oil are very healthy.And the meat can choose white meat and also put fish.

Yessica_A
01/16/2019 6:45 p.m.

Yesssica_a said:
I am crazy about this topic ... I still do not want.
And I am afraid to spend with protein dried eggs and others through cholesterol.Then I don't know what the pussy eating ...

Nuts and eggs have healthy fats and do not rise cholesterol.That is a myth that has already been shown above studies that is not true.In fact, analytics are usually improved by including more good fats in food.You do not have to be afraid of healthy fats, which are very bad are the trans that are in the ultra -processed, margarines and others.Those present naturally in cold food and oils such as extra virgin olive oil are very healthy.And the meat can choose white meat and also put fish.

Thank you very much for the answer

Jaime37's profile photo
Jaime37
01/18/2019 4:14 p.m.

Yesssica_a said:
hypoglycemia are produced by excess insulin.If you lower hydrates you have to lower insulin.

I have a few days with a total lack of control, and I have noticed that exactly what you say ...
After the breakfast of 300, I do not take anything in the middle of the morning so that it does not rise anymore, and I get to the food with hypo.
If I cut a lot at breakfast at two o'clock I am in hiccup.And when eating something to go up I end up reaching me much more than 200 ...
At the moment going crazy ...

Jaime37's profile photo
Jaime37
03/03/2019 1:39 a.m.

I think only slowly you will not control it.It seems that you are too slow.You will have to lower slowly and put quickly.
Little by little...

Regina's profile photo
Regina
03/03/2019 3:30 a.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)

regina said:
I think only slowly you will not control it.It seems that you are too slow.You will have to lower slowly and put quickly.
Little by little ...

Since you answered me ... I was with 9 slowly and told me a doctor who went up to 10 today, (very little already I know), today they already gave me quickly, only for breakfast at the moment since it is a total lack of control.

The minimum with what I started with slow were 6, you think I should go back to 6 (Tugeo), and try to control a little more with a unit of fast, two or three (or those that are), in each meal?, my endocrine only tells me to eat more between hours, to avoid the descents, and the rapmore hours .....).
On an empty stomach for 120-140, (with the 9 of slow), but I think that if he started at night, so as not to be so high at two hours, he would arrive much better in the morning without having to eat more later,

glycosilada in 6.9,

Before starting with the slow in January I had glycosylated in 5.5, although I was starving, I controlled it with the food ... (I still do not explain how), I measure 1.83 and weighed 70 kg, when eating a littleMore and putting insulin, it is when everything went up, and the endo tells me that he loves me at least 78 kg, weight 75 now.Before all this story weigh 84

Jaime37's profile photo
Jaime37
03/05/2019 1:14 a.m.

The slow dose is adjusted by looking at the controls when they wake up.That are about 100 would be ideal.
But you have to go to bed with controlled values, not greater than 150 ...

Regina's profile photo
Regina
03/05/2019 1:26 a.m.

regina said:
The slow dose adjusts by looking at the controls when waking.That are about 100 would be ideal.
But you have to go to bed with controlled values, not greater than 150 ...

Okay is how I think, because they normally go from 200.

It will be trying and period, I'm sorry for so much question, but I've been with this and I go crazy

Jaime37's profile photo
Jaime37
03/05/2019 1:28 a.m.

With that 200, you will need one more fast at dinner.Before sleeping wipe yourself.
If you are going down from 200 to 100, at night, it will be too slow.
If you have the slow one, you will not need to eat between hours.
But you will need fast at meals.
The controls are the ones that are guiding you.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
03/05/2019 1:40 a.m.

As @regina says if you get up above 140mg/dl you must put more toujeo.The effect is seen at 3 days and recommend climbing two by two, in your case perhaps 1 in 1.
Do not be afraid of insulin, at first it will only be 1 unit in the main meals and lunch and snack will be covered by the basal without adding more insulin, over the years you will need more.
Eat everything, do not go hungry, as says @yessica_a there are low meals in hydrates and satiating: nuts, eggs, proteins ...
You have to try and point out, glycemia before eating and 2 hours later.In this way you will know your body and how food behaves.
The first 3 months are difficult, I spent the day weighing food and measuring everything.I am overwhelmed by the hypos and scared me with an 180.
We have all gone through it but here we are normalizing our day to day and trying to stay with normal values.
I debuted 4 years ago, I have controlled everything I have been able to and my pectide C is at 0.35;In my year 2 in diabetes it was 0.79.
If you take care of the "mattress" it lasts a little more.
You will succeed !!!Patience and ask everything you need.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
03/07/2019 8:11 a.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.