{'en': 'Avoid peaks at meals', 'es': 'Evitar picos en las comidas'} Image

Avoid peaks at meals

Aruky's profile photo   09/30/2019 9:30 a.m.

Good to all,

I would like to ask you a question that I have not been very good for a week how to fix what happens to me, to see if you can help me.

It turns out that I am seeing that when I take the meals the free freestyle marks me a very high peak but nevertheless just 1 hours later it is seen that it is going down and at 2 hours the post is correctly but I cannot avoid making that peak just when eating.

The rapid insulin I use is the FIASP (which I understand that acts more instantly by putting it than others) so I do not know very well because they make me those peaks if then the posts are correctly.

How could I fix that to avoid those peaks ???

Since I am pregnant and I do not like that even for a moment the glucose is put in the clouds ...

Thank you!!

Aruky's profile photo
Aruky
09/30/2019 9:30 a.m.

DM1 2008
Fiasp 13-9-3-7
Toujeo 14 (23:30)
Ultima Hemo: 6.6 (29/01/20)
Freestyle Libre desde 06/2019

That usually happens for the time it takes to make insulin effect, sometimes because for fear or by medical indications we begin to eat before the insulin effect.
Depending on the glycemia figure it also happens because by 20 mg perhaps you have to wait 5 or 10 or more minutes.
Do not give him many more turns than almost certainly that is why.
You must also have the account of the type of carbohydrate with which you start eating, it is not the same as you take lentils that you start through the fruit for example.

jconegar's profile photo
jconegar
09/30/2019 10:01 a.m.

Miembro del equipo moderador del foro.

Ultima prueba realizada:
Maratón San Petesrburgo (Rusia)
https://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/07/maraton-san-petersburgo-rusa-42195-mts.html

Prueba deportiva Ruta de las Fortalezas.
http://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/05/ruta-de-las-fortalezas-2019-54700.html

Facebook: Jorge Moto
Usuario Dexcom G6 y microinfusora Tandem T: Slim X2 Basal IQ

@Aruky
That happened to me before almost always at breakfasts, because I took (and I still drink) enough fruit and Musli and those CH enter rapid.
What I recommend the endocrine, and it usually works very well, it is in the morning to put the insulin about 15 m before breakfast.Food and dinner usually take more proteins and fats and does not usually have that problem, as Jconegar tells you.
all the best

jldiazdel's profile photo
jldiazdel
09/30/2019 10:34 a.m.

DM1 desde Marzo 2018 (53 años). 7-10 unidades basal: Abasaglar (insulina glargina). NovoRapid. Factor 1.0/1.5.
Vivo en Alemania. CarboH total dia 70-80 gr. Deporte Gym todos dias L-V 1h-2 h
HbA1c 5,5% (Abril 2022)
Dexcom G6

Thank you guys, I will try to put it 10 minutes before ingesting the food. Informally my meals are usually very controlled and repetitive.For example, my breakfasts are always 1 bimbo portion and a 0'0 yogurt whipped glass.Then my lunches are my two meter vessels (equivalent to 4 rations) of the stew that touches that day (lentils, pouting, chickpeas, pasta ...), my snacks are usually 1 ration of fruit and 2 of dairy and my dinners are the dinners are themore crazy since at night I do not fulfill with so many hydrates and it costs me more but come on, that food intake is usually quite repetitive ... I will try what you say and see how it results.I will tell you :)

Aruky's profile photo
Aruky
09/30/2019 11:31 a.m.

DM1 2008
Fiasp 13-9-3-7

aruky said:
Thank you guys, I will try to put it 10 minutes before ingesting the food.Normally my meals are usually very controlled and repetitive.For example, my breakfasts are always 1 bimbo portion and a 0'0 yogurt whipped glass.Then my lunches are my two meter vessels (equivalent to 4 rations) of the stew that touches that day (lentils, pouting, chickpeas, pasta ...), my snacks are usually 1 ration of fruit and 2 of dairy and my dinners are the dinners are themore crazy since at night I do not fulfill with so many hydrates and it costs me more but come on, that food intake is usually quite repetitive ... I will try what you say and see how it results.I will tell you :)

10 minutes do not think that much will also depend on the area where you put it insulin, much eye for that, it is not the same, leg, arm, belly, rear or rear palette.You must take that into account when you do it, if you do peak and then at two hours it is fine, it is due to lack of insulin action time, also taking into account the shape and type of carbohydrates to be ingested.

jconegar's profile photo
jconegar
09/30/2019 11:38 a.m.

Ultima prueba realizada:
https://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/07/maraton-san-petersburgo-rusa-42195-mts.html

http://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/05/ruta-de-las-fortalezas-2019-54700.html

aruky said:
Thank you guys, I will try to put it 10 minutes before ingesting the food.Normally my meals are usually very controlled and repetitive.For example, my breakfasts are always 1 bimbo portion and a 0'0 yogurt whipped glass.Then my lunches are my two meter vessels (equivalent to 4 rations) of the stew that touches that day (lentils, pouting, chickpeas, pasta ...), my snacks are usually 1 ration of fruit and 2 of dairy and my dinners are the dinners are themore crazy since at night I do not fulfill with so many hydrates and it costs me more but come on, that food intake is usually quite repetitive ... I will try what you say and see how it results.I will tell you :)

10 minutes do not think that much will also depend on the area where you put it insulin, much eye for that, it is not the same, leg, arm, belly, rear or rear palette.You must take that into account when you do it, if you do peak and then at two hours it is fine, it is due to lack of insulin action time, also taking into account the shape and type of carbohydrates to be ingested.

jconegar's profile photo
jconegar
09/30/2019 11:38 a.m.

Ultima prueba realizada:

To all that already said about the waiting time (10 - 15 minutes depending on glycemia before eating, the sensitivity of each ...), I want to give you what the endocrine told me about the order in which we ingest the nutrients.I have tried and check with freestyle + xDrip and it is spectacular how good it goes.
It is about taking protein first as much as possible.For example Avena, a Skyr yogurt that they sell in the lidl (pure protein almost everything) or cooked egg for example for breakfast.It makes it quite flat.Of course, it can come a time after a half hour that goes up (something), but not as spectacular as before.I have read scientific articles about this and the truth is that order matters.And if you take fiber, the absorption of HC is much more.
Naturally, it also has to do with the glycemic-IG index and the amount of HC high IG that you take in the intake.Sometimes it is preferable to lower the amount of hydrates of that type and take either another type of HC or any other food that does not have so much HC.For example, the case of bread.Since I went to the whole bread "Truth" the Picos del Pan are much minor by far.White bread with refined flours makes a lot of peak.Another thing is the issue of starch and how to create resistant starch (Googlead and you will see examples).For example, taking comprehensive paste is better than normal pasta, but if you cook the pasta the day before and let it cool, the starch will become resistant starch and the peak will be spectacularly lower.
I upload you a screenshot to see how it goes flat, when before I went up to 160 that same breakfast without the protein first (the protein of yogurt Skyr took it at the end, instead of at the beginning).I have similar curves when I take comprehensive paste cooked the day before.The important thing is to let it cool in the fridge so that the process of transformation into resistant starch happens.The same thing happens with the cooked potato.If not, another option is to leave the potato soak in water (you will see that the white water is put on, that is the starch they release) and change the water several times.And much eye with the "old" potatoes: the older, the more peak they will.

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
09/30/2019 2:09 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

mloureiro said:
to everything already said about the waiting time (10 - 15 minutes depending on blood glucose before eating, the sensitivity of each one ...), I want to contribute what whatThe endocrine told me about the order in which we ingest the nutrients.I have tried and check with freestyle + xDrip and it is spectacular how good it goes.
It is about taking protein first as much as possible.For example Avena, a Skyr yogurt that they sell in the lidl (pure protein almost everything) or cooked egg for example for breakfast.It makes it quite flat.Of course, it can come a time after a half hour that goes up (something), but not as spectacular as before.I have read scientific articles about this and the truth is that order matters.And if you take fiber, the absorption of HC is much more.
Naturally, it also has to do with the glycemic-IG index and the amount of HC high IG that you take in the intake.Sometimes it is preferable to lower the amount of hydrates of that type and take either another type of HC or any other food that does not have so much HC.For example, the case of bread.Since I went to the whole bread "Truth" the Picos del Pan are much minor by far.White bread with refined flours makes a lot of peak.Another thing is the issue of starch and how to create resistant starch (Googlead and you will see examples).For example, taking comprehensive paste is better than normal pasta, but if you cook the pasta the day before and let it cool, the starch will become resistant starch and the peak will be spectacularly lower.
I upload you a screenshot to see how it goes flat, when before I went up to 160 that same breakfast without the protein first (the protein of yogurt Skyr took it at the end, instead of at the beginning).I have similar curves when I take comprehensive paste cooked the day before.The important thing is to let it cool in the fridge so that the process of transformation into resistant starch happens.The same thing happens with the cooked potato.If not, another option is to leave the potato soak in water (you will see that the white water is put on, that is the starch they release) and change the water several times.And much eye with the "old" potatoes: the older, the more peak they will.

Yogurt and oatmeal have carbohydrates are not protein.

FERLE's profile photo
FERLE
09/30/2019 2:47 p.m.

DT1
MINIMED 640G
FREESTYLE LIBRE

@Ferle
The "yogurt" to which @mloureiro is Skyr.It is not a classic yogurt.It is pure protein.I at some breakfast /meals took some days about 200 gr and is equivalent to eating a chicken fillet in protein terms.Without ch.And it's very good!
Sometimes I put on some Arandanos and it's already impressive!

@mloureiro, very interesting what you say.In fact in meals I have to be careful because the opposite happens to me that at breakfasts.The insulin enters first and then the CH, because I took quite protein and fat (not saturated).What I do is distribute insulin.One part when starting to eat and the other about 15 m after finishing and I avoid that I get the glucose a lot and start whistling the sensor.

All the best

jldiazdel
09/30/2019 5:21 p.m.

DM1 desde Marzo 2018 (53 años). 7-10 unidades basal: Abasaglar (insulina glargina). NovoRapid. Factor 1.0/1.5.
HbA1c 5,5% (Abril 2022)
Dexcom G6

And better be at room temperature.Cold insulin is slower.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
09/30/2019 5:40 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

It is amazing as each food and dependent insulin can act in the order in which they are consumed.I never paid attention to this issue because it did not seem significant but I see that if.It's okay to learn something new every day.Thanks guys for your contributions

Aruky's profile photo
Aruky
09/30/2019 6:31 p.m.

DM1 2008
Fiasp 13-9-3-7

Aruky said:
is amazing how each food and dependent insulin can act in which they are consumed.I never paid attention to this issue because it did not seem significant but I see that if.It's okay to learn something new every day.Thank you guys for your contributions

Of all this we have noticed thanks to continuous glucose meters, in my case with Dexcom Seven Plus and now Dexcom G6 that together with Tandem Tx Slim 2 basal IQ often change to when I started carrying it.Before we did 6 or 8 analytics a day and depending on how we were thought we were going all day, seeing the glycemia curves appeared all this, now being much more on the street because we realize.

jconegar's profile photo
jconegar
09/30/2019 8:02 p.m.

Ultima prueba realizada:

I do not carry Dexcom but I carry the freestyle that is what could best allow me and the truth is that it is a discovery for me (so I also imagine leaving a continuous one like yours) with these peaks as you say, in other circumstances, in other circumstances,I did my controls and see that I was in correct figures I would think that I have been and now with the curves and graphics you see that it is not so, that we do peaks that do not coincide with the postpandrales we made on the finger but that they arethere even if let's not see them ...

Aruky's profile photo
Aruky
10/01/2019 9:20 a.m.

DM1 2008
Fiasp 13-9-3-7

ferle said:

Yogurt and oatmeal have carbohydrates are not protein.

@Ferle: Correct in the oatmeal, but eye, oat flakes have a good level of protein and CH are quite soft, they do not make peaks (nutritional info of the label per 100 gr: 58.7gr HC of which sugars only only sugars0.7, 10 gr of fiber and 13.5 gr of protein).That combination of low glycemic index HC without the usual fiber and protein sugars makes the absorption of the rest of HC softened.
Regarding yogurt, as @jldiazdel said is that Skyr that comes in 150gr portions and has as much protein as an egg.

By the way, @jldiazdel and @aruky, when I am in 80 before eating, I do not keep the waiting time between insulin and intake, because otherwise it happens to me as to @jldiazdel: it starts to go down and then plans for a while in 65-70.Too much risk.My strategy in those cases: eat a small ration of HC (5-7gr of HC of an apple), and then when I see that stabilizes and begins to climb, I puncture and as what I had planned.On the other hand, when I am in 130-140 I sulked myself including 1 units.More insulin to correct and as after 20 minutes or half an hour as the curve in the app.
Those who do not have a sensor: make a linear calculation of insulin absorption.If it lasts 3 and a half hours (mine is Apidra) and I put 8 units, divided 8/3,5 = 2.28 units.per hour.In half an hour about 1.14 that would give for that correction.It is an example.Also keep it into account when it approaches at the end of 3.5 hours and there will barely 1.14 uds of active insulin in the last half hour, which under 0.57 units in the last 15 minutes.If we eat something because we observe that it seems that it goes too much, let's keep in mind that there is only active insulin, let's not eat more:#

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
10/01/2019 10:18 a.m.

Good, because the fact is that I continue in them, nor putting the insulin before or changing the habits.My educator, for example, told me that at breakfast instead of taking bread and dairy at 8 and then, fruit did it, since the fruit (which was previously only a ration and now I take 1r of fruit and 1 of 1 ofDairy due to pregnancy pk but I arrive with hiccups) of VE in the free that barely moves in my curve, but the breakfast bread of the 8 if I did peak.He told me to eat at 8 2r of fruit and 1 of dairy and then in mid -morning 3 portions of flour (what has been a sandwich) but the case is that even taking fruit at 8 (and putting my insulin correctly of the breakfast of the breakfast) I still have peaks and the worst is still that now I'm afraid of mid -morning sandwih since I think that without putting insulin it gives me an exaggerated peak pk the bread uploads a lot ... what do you recommend me ???I can try and see what happens but it is not funny to be a bunny being pregnant for almost 4 months.I don't think it is good those peaks for my baby ... what do I do ????

Aruky's profile photo
Aruky
10/08/2019 10:11 a.m.

DM1 2008
Fiasp 13-9-3-7

In addition to everything they have told you, I would tell you (in case of pregnancy) that you do not trust rations or in the meter vessels;weighs everything you eat;Use the grams unit and never, never, never make approaches;At the end of everything, you can transform the grams into rations (1 ration = 10 grams).
You also have to know that insulin needs increase as pregnancy progresses;Your educator will be your best reference.

mamarvazq's profile photo
mamarvazq
10/08/2019 12:36 p.m.

@Aruky

It only occurs to me that you try to increase the amount of protein and not saturated fat that you take for breakfast.
For example, you can put flax seeds (q are crushed before), about 20 gr.They are a great source of non -saturated fats and proteins without ch.And they are pure fiber for the body.But they are crushed.Do not take whole linen.Tb is fashionable seed seeds (but you have to leave them about 15 m inside the milk / yogurt).Chia seeds are more expensive and the truth is that linen has almost the same!Or you can put soy flakes (vegetable protein) or tb almonds (although these have a bit of CH and you will have more care).
When I take bread (it is always roasted and comprehensive) I usually put olive oil and then on the ham or whatever proteins.
All this will delay the absorption of CH.

Ah, and I the Free sensor when the error increased (upwards).Maybe when you are in a peak of those of the sensor, make a capillary test to really see where you are.Although the test would only have to make it the period of 2-3 h after eating, it is a small test to see if the problem is that the sensor rises more and exaggerates reality.It is a possibility!

All the best

jldiazdel
10/08/2019 2:58 p.m.

HbA1c 5,5% (Abril 2022)
Dexcom G6

Well, I don't know if they will be hormonal changes but I have been having enough hyper for several days, some as I say in food spikes and other inexplicable, for example tonight.I used to 12 something low (with 68) I took a right to avoid hypo, at 1 a.m.and at 8.30 for breakfast in capillary 212 !!!I am worried about the whole night with the high blood glucose for my baby but it is that last night because I was not high in the peak of the dinner post I corrected a little and gave me a downturn at 2.30 of 26: '(And of course, my husband does not want me to correct me or coña but I know that it is not good that this or hiccipin or hyper for a long time, especially for the baby. I do not know why one week for another they can haveThose strange reactions without even modified food guidelines ..... I don't know if to normalize I should reduce HC and I don't have hypers (evidently with the corresponding insulin reduction) or I don't know what else to do.I have thought about feeding myself for several days of exactly the same to see the different reactions that you can do every day in my body and try to find a guideline or explanation to those peaks ... the most difficult peaks to control for me are breakfast (That past 2.30 hours is already in values ​​but the peak does not take away from me) and that of dinner that I do not like to lie with that peak since I do not know how it will go that night (if there will be hiccups after those 2.30 hours or if forThe opposite as last night will remain all night in hyper) what would you do ???What dinner you would take for about 3 portions of HC ??

Aruky's profile photo
Aruky
10/09/2019 9:25 a.m.

DM1 2008
Fiasp 13-9-3-7

@Aruky
You already have many years of experience with diabetes!I don't think you have the rations badly.Probably hormones and pregnancy.It is not easy.

For me, for example, dinners are "dangerous" because I digest a bit slow.I try to have dinner only 2 portions of CH (whole wheat bread or integral paste or potatoes) and take no more than 150 gr of, for example, chicken or fish (if I take more proteins then enter me!) And I accompany it with vegetables (about 150 gr, that I don't count).And I try not to have dinner anymore.I do the early dinner and I try to always be about three hours before bed (I know that in Spain is complicated!) And so I see where I stabilize.If I lie for example at the hour and a half of dinner, I usually have problems.

Maybe the "right" that you did that night when you were in 68 was excessive, taking into account that you were not going to move.In my case, but that is in my case, I would have only taken 1 simple Ration of CH without anything else (in that case I would have taken about 200 gr of skimmed yogurt) or directly some tablets that I have glucose (2 equal to aration) According to the sensor graph (68 in descent: tablets; 68 stable: yogurt).

I think you are doing very well !!And the most important thing is that you are continuously controlling you.Cheer up

jldiazdel
10/09/2019 11:03 a.m.

HbA1c 5,5% (Abril 2022)
Dexcom G6

Thanks for the tips @jldiazdel the truth is that depending on the dinner that takes effect before or later, so I try to dinner always the same but sometimes you already tire ... I have always tended to have nocturnal hypos but fromThat I am pregnant this is chaos, if I have hypos, the endocrine lowers the slow 1 unit but then inexplicable things happen last night.Cene 1 eggplant stuffed with minced meat and cheese with some pikethThe truth is that at 2 hours of dinner was in 110 stable.well then.I put the slow before sleeping as usual but one unity less on the recommendation of the educator and that has revealed free the whole night?I got used to 11.30 with 110 stable, I did not take account since above 100 they told me not to take it;at 2 in the morning 151 going down (amazing);At 6 in the 208 stable ... and at 9 for breakfast 231 stable I hallucinate!All the upper night having bedded perfectly ..... And the worst is not there, it is that for breakfast I inject and I correct and another surprise, two hours later I continue in 226 !!!As if the correction had passed it through the lining .. that boredom, no matter how much I try to study my reactions I do not get to a conclusion two days in a row and the truth is that I do not like to be at all about the night in hyper being pregnant being pregnant.What would you do.Tell me "Menus" for the dinners that I could take and do not have an impact on the night ... pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee: '((

Aruky's profile photo
Aruky
10/23/2019 11:09 a.m.

DM1 2008
Fiasp 13-9-3-7

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.