{'en': 'Stop sleeping well, I already consider it a complication of diabetes', 'es': 'Dejar de dormir bien, yo lo considero ya una complicación de la diabetes'} Image

Stop sleeping well, I already consider it a complication of diabetes

fer's profile photo   02/19/2019 6:46 a.m.

For me that it has been to have diabetes and stop sleeping well, when I do not wake up because I am with a downturn, it is because I do not sleep waiting for glucose to normal levels, with that of years that I have been with this ...

Can we consider that stopping sleeping is a side effect of type 1 diabetes ???

What do you think?

Greetings!

fer's profile photo
fer
02/19/2019 6:46 a.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

I had never thought about it but if lack of sleep affects daily life I would say yes.

mari's profile photo
mari
02/19/2019 9:29 a.m.

Debut 2002
Amo la insulina...ella me ayuda a seguir viviendo

It is clear that not being able to rest well is a fat problem.If you have a hiccup, put on sugar, a juice, glucose or whatever;Then he finishes with a cookie (who gets up to wash his teeth, who? I don't, of course).If you have a hyper, put on clicking ... and you see the alarm clock and thinking that you only have 4 hours, 3 hours, 2 hours to sound ...

In my case, if I did not have an MCG, I would be in the underworld: to have less than a year with DM1, I barely have symptoms with the hypos.If I am sitting or standing, I notice something, although little.If I'm lying, even if I am not asleep, I don't notice anything at all.Only when I am around 25 mg/dl, I have sweats of death, palpitations and blurred vision.

Let's see if they finance once and for all MCG and stop so much subcutaneous patch and capsules that adhere to the stomach.Until you know how to regenerate beta cells or develop a true artificial pancreas, it would be appreciated that they made us easier and, above all, safer the control of our glycemias.

Palomilla's profile photo
Palomilla
02/19/2019 12:45 p.m.

DM1 desde abril 2018.
Toujeo y Fiasp.
Primero, Dexcom G4, luego, FreeStyle 2 (SS), ahora, Dexcom One (SS).

That you have to send insulin to eat a miserable apple is already a complication and a tragedy of life: d but seriously, that they have me with the "great advances" and the "diabetes reversed in mice" and never nothing verified inhumans and far from a cure.

FERLE's profile photo
FERLE
02/19/2019 2:28 p.m.

DT1
MINIMED 640G
FREESTYLE LIBRE

We still have very imperfect treatments ..
We cannot control everything..
And you have to live calmer.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
02/19/2019 9:58 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

I didn't always sleep well, since I am nervous and I give a lot to the head.But with diabetes I have never returned to sleep well and 25 years ago I have it.

Sherpa41's profile photo
Sherpa41
02/20/2019 4:43 a.m.

En 1922 descubrieron la insulina, en 1930 la insulina lenta. ¿Que c*** han hecho desde entonces?

The MCG and the alarms I think they have facilitated the issue of going to sleep although in my case I would not know what to say, I explain myself.When I didn't have MCG, I was going to sleep and if I had hiccup I woke up that fortunately there were not many but if I didn't have a hypo and I woke up I was not looking at the glucose in the early morning to see how I was;Now I have alarms but when I wake up at any time in the morning I look at the phone to see how glycemia is with what I have gone in 150 and at 4 in the morning I am in 105 I begin to make mental calculations to see if I have toTaking something and in the end many days unintentionally revealed or correcting if you are high, before I did not know that glycemia had not worried me so much and I think I slept better ... the other solution I see is to leave the phone out of the reach of myhands and if I'm low that the alarm sounds, without more.

But Total Menete according to the title of the thread @fer

sigsauer's profile photo
sigsauer
02/20/2019 9:25 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

I share 100% what you just explained @sigsauer, glucose control does not understand hours, both day and night, and it is very common for the alarms to sound at dawn ... what is detrimental to good rest,A small torture, no doubt!

fer's profile photo
fer
02/20/2019 9:33 a.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

@Fer I removed Hiper's for my mental health and that of those who sleep at home ... or :)

sigsauer's profile photo
sigsauer
02/20/2019 9:38 a.m.

I resist removing the alerts, but there are nights that I regret!

fer's profile photo
fer
02/20/2019 2:15 p.m.

I have the free, then I alert the balls, but if it seems to me the most unbearable that the bomb wakes me up when it warns me that I have the reservoir low or the low battery I have no sound I put in vibrator and it is extremely strong the vibrator seems likeThey will electrocute you: D is very Algiers to wake up for that.

FERLE's profile photo
FERLE
02/20/2019 2:20 p.m.

DT1
MINIMED 640G
FREESTYLE LIBRE

At the moment, I sleep very well.
I did not carry McG, but when I wore it it didn't rest the same.At least now I disconnect my brain: p.I assure you that you can be without mcg, I know that it should return to the modern, but that laziness !!

Anaisabel's profile photo
Anaisabel
02/20/2019 11:14 p.m.

My daughter does not use a continuous meter and I think she lives much calmer.The day you really get a reliable and small one will put it, with alarm only below 50.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
02/20/2019 11:26 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

I am little sleeping with or without diabetes.
Since I am a diabetic, if I wake up as today at 3:43, the first thing I do is measure and if I am high, I get up and put insulin.And then I hope to see if it goes down, so in the end I don't rest.
Yes, the quality of sleep and life in general.
Before I slept at least 6 hours in a row.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
02/21/2019 9:38 a.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

I share what was said, sleep a night of pull ???I do not remember it, if it is not because of alarm xdri, it is simply because nothing has sounded and already ... you check it, and I am absurd, but I spend the free reader, the free app on my mobile and then now, you tryGo back to sleep.

Merchedm's profile photo
Merchedm
02/24/2019 11:28 a.m.

totally agree.There are very complicated nights to be able to sleep in a row, and if as me, you reveal you, fatigue the next day shows.

efectodiabetes's profile photo
efectodiabetes
02/24/2019 3:36 p.m.

I agree that it is an added torture to the disease, many nights happen to me that when I go to sleep I am too low to wait for it to go up, then others at very high early if it is time to correct and wait sometimes sometimesIt passes 5 or 6 times to if bad night my doctor calls him to have a Toledo night goes brown this of the disease

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
02/24/2019 4:51 p.m.

Greetings colleagues, for now I am without McG waiting to put it in a couple of months (the free freestyle, with the Roche Insight Insight bomb).But you carry all reason, you can't sleep loose.I usually sleep about 5 or 6 hours in a row and I give myself with a song in my teeth.I think that if we manage the rations of hydrates and suppress the fats at dinner, the hypos or hyper would be minimal, getting more stable glucose levels and thus I suppose we would sleep more calmly.This is my humble opinion.A big hug and take care of friends.

Angel Martin Rosa's profile photo
Angel Martin Rosa
02/28/2019 8:33 p.m.

Well, I must be from another planet, I sleep almost always, I have once woke up for the descent, as almost without opening my eye, I stay for a while analyzing the existence (and recover) and I will sleep back as if nothing.

Some also to be like dreaming strange things, I wake up half pissed off, I measure me, high, I put a couple of units and sleep again 😴

But this is not common.

I have always thought that the more pending you are and the more you turn it, it is worse, the glucose levels flash, but this is my thing.

noko1987's profile photo
noko1987
03/05/2019 1:19 a.m.

Crónicas de un diabético gamer y currante a turnos 24x7
https://www.youtube.com/user/noko1987

Diabetes is a general complication itself, another thing is that we carry the best we can and fight to the last drop of blood.

jconegar's profile photo
jconegar
03/05/2019 11:45 a.m.

Miembro del equipo moderador del foro.

Ultima prueba realizada:
Maratón San Petesrburgo (Rusia)
https://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/07/maraton-san-petersburgo-rusa-42195-mts.html

Prueba deportiva Ruta de las Fortalezas.
http://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/05/ruta-de-las-fortalezas-2019-54700.html

Facebook: Jorge Moto
Usuario Dexcom G6 y microinfusora Tandem T: Slim X2 Basal IQ

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.