{'en': 'Social Security Reactive strips', 'es': 'Tiras reactivas Seguridad Social'} Image

Social Security Reactive strips

OscarelGato's profile photo   12/08/2019 8:30 p.m.

Hello,

I am type 1 diabetic, for 6 years now.I use Bayer's contour Next One for a while now and after trying several meters.

Social security has always given me all the necessary material.

That week went to the ambulatory to collect reactive strips and lancetas as always.My surprise was that they told me that Bayer, Abbott and other brands in the Community of Madrid no longer give me reactive strips, and that health will give a single glucose meter with their respective material (strips, and lancetas).

The meter is called Glucomem Areo 2K.

I've been using it for 5 days, but it's disastrous.It takes a lot to come on, it does not recognize its same strips.In addition, you have to put a lot of blood in the strip very fast, if not, give error, and again to get more blood desperately.The strips are fat and I think they are 0.6 microliters, which implies puncturing more deeply, and more injured.

My question is, where can you buy some bayer strips at a good price?

It seems that I am a Bayer commercial, but believe me are the best, from my own experience.

Or do you know of some other meter that requires a 0.3 µl blood sample?

Some of you, the same seems to be the volume of the sample, but none.

The most current and modern models barely need 0.3 blood microliters to perform the test, very small quantity, if we compare it with the majority that they usually need 0.6µL.

What I do not understand is, as in 2019 there are still 0.5 or 0.6 µl meters!If you click 5 or 6 times a day, you destroy your fixed fingers.

That is like pricking insulin with 8 mm needles, having the possibility of other finer needles of 5 mm.

I await your information.

Thanks and greetings!

OscarelGato's profile photo
OscarelGato
12/08/2019 8:30 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

I have the glucomen to measure ketones.And yes, it is disastrous, the worst.

solaria's profile photo
solaria
12/08/2019 8:38 p.m.

Debut 46 â- 2012. DM1. Celiaquía e intolerancia lactosa. Anemia perniciosa.
MiniMed 640g + SmartGuard.

Well, a shame that makes us use such a meter.

OscarelGato
12/08/2019 8:48 p.m.

@OSCARELGATO

I have another meter (bought by me, since for the moment, it is not insulin -dependent, I do not facilitate it health) and buy the strips by Amazon, look to see if they have for your meter and the price, to me compensates me (for € 5more than in the pharmacy I take twice as much strips)

cgs's profile photo
cgs
12/08/2019 8:58 p.m.

Diagnosticada de DM en enero de 2019, con tres generaciones (yo sería la cuarta) de diabéticos tipo 1 en la familia
En principio DM2 por resistencia a la insulina asociada a SOP (sin tener en cuenta los antecedentes familiares)
De momento, solo con Forxiga y Rybelsus (7mg) por la mañana
La glucosa hace lo que le da la gana
Ultimas Hemos: 7,2 (26/12/2023); 6,7 (12/2/2023, al mes de empezar con Rybelsus 3mg)
Última hemo: 6

cgs said:
@oscarelgato

I have another meter (bought by me, since for the moment, it is not insulin -dependent, I do not facilitate it health) and buy the strips by Amazon, look to see if they have for your meter and the price, to me compensates me (for € 5more than in the pharmacy I take twice as much strips)

What is your meter called?

OscarelGato
12/08/2019 9:56 p.m.

Search online.There may be offers in several places.And write a claim in the health center with the failures of the current meter.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
12/09/2019 2:26 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

oscarelgato said:
cgs said:
@oscarelgato

What is your meter called?

ACCU-Chek Aviva

cgs's profile photo
cgs
12/09/2019 2:46 p.m.

Diagnosticada de DM en enero de 2019, con tres generaciones (yo sería la cuarta) de diabéticos tipo 1 en la familia
En principio DM2 por resistencia a la insulina asociada a SOP (sin tener en cuenta los antecedentes familiares)
De momento, solo con Forxiga y Rybelsus (7mg) por la mañana
La glucosa hace lo que le da la gana
Ultimas Hemos: 7,2 (26/12/2023); 6,7 (12/2/2023, al mes de empezar con Rybelsus 3mg)
Última hemo: 6

@"Oscarelgato gave me the same and I haven't opened it yet. I return it to my nurse.

I resist changing what I have and loaded with 2 junk.I buy Amazon and they are not bad, look to see in promoting how those of your glucometer come out.They have no bad prices for other things.

Of Abbott the insulinx needs less blood than the free.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
12/10/2019 12:41 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

ruthbia said:
@"oscarelgato they gave me the same and I have not opened it yet. I return it to my nurse.

I resist changing what I have and loaded with 2 junk.I buy Amazon and they are not bad, look to see in promoting how those of your glucometer come out.They have no bad prices for other things.

Of Abbott the insulinx needs less blood than the free.

Thank you very much ruth,
I have returned the glucomen meter this morning also to my health center.
I refuse to use a meter worse than mine.
They intend to save with that of the only meter, because they remain!
I will buy the Amazon strips or another website, on my own.
The truth is that I am angry, where they have to save, they don't.

OscarelGato
12/10/2019 3:28 p.m.

They also gave me the new meter (telling me the nurse to try but that if it was as bad as I said it returned it to pressure those above and that Bayer's returned) but now I have read the "Universal" meter "that they have given you and mine is a different one!I don't understand anything, if it is universal, it should be the same for the whole community?Because mine is called acon laboratories oncall and according to my nurse that is the universal that they will give to the entire community of Madrid

Macarena93's profile photo
Macarena93
12/11/2019 1:32 a.m.

@Macarena93 I went down with the nurse to the warehouse and had several brands.I told him that a simple one, which was only for capillaries and gave me the glucomen.So there are several available, but I didn't see the brands.That is neither Bayer nor Abbott.

Sometimes I give me opium strips for free because they have approved it for medical use, but not for patients.He bought them at Amazon € 14.95 50 strips, in the end with free use few strips, one every two days to see if the sensor measures well or badly.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
12/11/2019 1:45 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

Well, it seems that I live in another world, in my community we don't have those problems.
1*- The doctor sends me the strips
In recipe, calculating the
punctures that you get up to date,
Even in the pharmacy although
Put a brand give me what
I want.
2*- All toilets have in
your office several kinds of
Meters and give you to choose.
3*- And if you want, go to the hospital to
controller and tell him that
want to make a seminar of
diabetes and give you an aviva
ACCU-Chek Expert with
Bolus calculator.
I have looked on my first aid kit because I had some Bayer boxes but they were expired, if you are going to continue consuming those of Bayer I can send you the most modern they have that is the One, since they sent me two, one always sparePanasonic directly, if you want call 900 100 117 and will attend you great.
All the best.

JMJPN's profile photo
JMJPN
12/15/2019 8 p.m.

wjjpn said:
Well, I seem to live in another world, in my community we don't have those problems.
1*- The doctor sends me the strips
In recipe, calculating the
punctures that you get up to date,
Even in the pharmacy although
Put a brand give me what
I want.
2*- All toilets have in
your office several kinds of
Meters and give you to choose.
3*- And if you want, go to the hospital to
controller and tell him that
want to make a seminar of
diabetes and give you an aviva
ACCU-Chek Expert with
Bolus calculator.
I have looked on my first aid kit because I had some Bayer boxes but they were expired, if you are going to continue consuming those of Bayer I can send you the most modern they have that is the One, since they sent me two, one always sparePanasonic directly, if you want call 900 100 117 and will attend you great.
Greetings.

Thanks very much buddy!
I also have the One, but the problem is the strips that are going to withdraw.
Greetings

OscarelGato
12/16/2019 7:15 a.m.

oscalgato said:
hello,

I am type 1 diabetic, for 6 years now.I use Bayer's contour Next One for a while now and after trying several meters.

Social security has always given me all the necessary material.

That week went to the ambulatory to collect reactive strips and lancetas as always.My surprise was that they told me that Bayer, Abbott and other brands in the Community of Madrid no longer give me reactive strips, and that health will give a single glucose meter with their respective material (strips, and lancetas).

The meter is called Glucomem Areo 2K.

I've been using it for 5 days, but it's disastrous.It takes a lot to come on, it does not recognize its same strips.In addition, you have to put a lot of blood in the strip very fast, if not, give error, and again to get more blood desperately.The strips are fat and I think they are 0.6 microliters, which implies puncturing more deeply, and more injured.

My question is, where can you buy some bayer strips at a good price?

It seems that I am a Bayer commercial, but believe me are the best, from my own experience.

Or do you know of some other meter that requires a 0.3 µl blood sample?

Some of you, the same seems to be the volume of the sample, but none.

The most current and modern models barely need 0.3 blood microliters to perform the test, very small quantity, if we compare it with the majority that they usually need 0.6µL.

What I do not understand is, as in 2019 there are still 0.5 or 0.6 µl meters!If you click 5 or 6 times a day, you destroy your fixed fingers.

That is like pricking insulin with 8 mm needles, having the possibility of other finer needles of 5 mm.

I await your information.

Thanks and greetings!

Hello, the same thing happened to me a couple of months and indeed both the meter and the strips are nefarious.As I had an appointment with my endocrine in a month I complained and told me that this meter did not serve to review the control since it is shit and does not give all the benefits of the contour Next One. So what he did was put inThe report that this glucometer needed and an average of six daily strips.
With the report I went to the ambulatory and they have brought my strips.For now they will continue to give them to me, at least until the free is implanted for all the 1. I speak of the C. of Madrid.That told me the nurse who is already attending training courses for Free management.
I do not know what will be true and the time that the free will take, but in any case, the hair glycemia must continue to measure it, so I will present the complaints where it is needed and in writing.It is not a receipt that with how face this disease is, especially once you start complicating, they intend to save costs with these shit of strips .. now that if you have to throw four of every ten strips I do not see where the grace is, apart from leaving your shattered fingers and other things that you have totally true.
I also refuse to finance on my own something that finances in its entirety and with guarantees Social Security such as in many autonomous communities, because this is an attack against our physical integrity, please do not swallow with everything, that the one who does not cry does notmother.

uma's profile photo
uma
12/16/2019 8:55 a.m.

DM1 desde 1967-
Tresiba 12 - Novorapid: 4-6-2 última Hemo: 5,9
FreeStyle Libre 2 desde noviembre 2020

"Nunca dejes que el futuro te perturbe. Lo enfrentarás, con las mismas armas de la razón con las que hoy enfrentas el presente." Marco Aurelio.
"Un gramo de práctica vale más que una tonelada de teoría" Swami Vishnudevananda

macarena93 said:
>

Hahahaha to me in the C. of Madrid, as universal, they gave me the Glucomen Areo 2 K of Menarini.It is a lie everything.Please return them with a letter addressed to patient care exposing the problems presented by the meter and the consequences that it can have for our health, for example, the lack of adhesion to treatment due to the enormous discomfort it causes, among others.And if possible with an endocrine report, recommending the use of another glucometer better as in my case the contour Nex One. But do not tell the endocrine that you need it to put a complaint it is not going to be that it falls and does not put it.Ojú .... Pena !!!!!.

uma's profile photo
uma
12/16/2019 9:10 a.m.

DM1 desde 1967-

"Nunca dejes que el futuro te perturbe. Lo enfrentarás, con las mismas armas de la razón con las que hoy enfrentas el presente." Marco Aurelio.
"Un gramo de práctica vale más que una tonelada de teoría" Swami Vishnudevananda

I go to the endocrine tomorrow and my nurse I have already told him that I return the glucomen without brand new with the 50 strips he gave me 2 months ago.
The nurse told me last Wednesday that they do not know anything about Free in the C. of Madrid, they have given them an online course but they lack the practical and do not have it scheduled for the moment for 2020 ... so I will continue paying the free.
I agree that with the issue of autonomies we are different and it is an injustice, but it is my health and while I can allow it to continue paying for the free and the optimum strips of which they gave me 50 last week.An orientative capillary is not the same once a day that 6 times a day, destroys your fingers, also between hours you do not know how these, especially at night.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
12/16/2019 9:29 a.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

Yes, I suppose that if you use the free control with the strips it is a joke.

uma's profile photo
uma
12/16/2019 10:32 a.m.

DM1 desde 1967-

Two days ago I went for strips.I was prepared for the worst after reading.I was released 400 counts contour Next!(Imperial Paseo Health Center, Madrid).I guess I will have been lucky and that they still had.
I made a comment and the nurse told me that if I wore the Dexcom I didn't need so many strips.There I made a gesture of the most Gollum (my Tesooooro!) And I saw myself saving the boxes at full pill.I had to clarify that the G4 requires two daily calibrations and that if you have hypos it does not hurt to check if the blood glucose has already climbed you with the glucometer.In any case, I pointed out that I looked at when my last visit had been.His gesture softened and said: "Ah, 6 months ago ...".
Contour Next is great.It would be tremendous to take it away.

I took the opportunity to ask for the free and, as you have commented, now they are with the courses.I really don't see the time to give it to us.
Novalab, if you read me, how about Christmas you send us a box of gift sensors or do us an offer of a few months that suppose a good discount?Fidelity to a product is not only achieved by its quality, but also by the treatment given to the customer.There I drop it ...;)

Palomilla's profile photo
Palomilla
12/16/2019 1:06 p.m.

DM1 desde abril 2018.
Toujeo y Fiasp.
Primero, Dexcom G4, luego, FreeStyle 2 (SS), ahora, Dexcom One (SS).

cgs said:
@oscarelgato

I am in the same case, but mine is One Touch and on Ebay I usually find 150 strips (3 boats) for € 45 or so

polaris's profile photo
polaris
12/22/2019 11:12 a.m.

I started 5 years ago with the contour Next, perfect.2 years ago the ICS (Catalunya) withdrew it and replayed the Glucoimo Areo 2 to all users.I had been observing that the readings did not correspond to how I was and surprise, last week they did an analysis and gave 61 serum glucose when 10 minutes before the glucomen had marked 96. The endocrine considered a evil functioning of the device with whatwhich gave me a new one, like measurements with both were disparate.They gave me an accouchek, I checked that where the action marks 70 the Glucomen marks 90. Taking into account that I have had several 50/55 hypos measured with the glucomen, it turns out that those hypos were 30/35 with the consequent danger for my life.That is, carefully with the glucomen ...., if you can use contour or accouchek.

Maria R's profile photo
Maria R
12/22/2019 1:04 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.