{'en': 'Hyperglycemia, how do you correct it?', 'es': 'Hiperglucemia ¿como la corriges?'} Image

Hyperglycemia, how do you correct it?

magl's profile photo   12/18/2019 9:01 p.m.

@Magl

Interesting !Thank you

I have suffered from the repeated bowling.Although in my case it was not to leave the minimum of 3 hours among them that they recommended and tb had a hiccup because some insulin remained.

jldiazdel's profile photo
jldiazdel
01/12/2020 1:28 p.m.

DM1 desde Marzo 2018 (53 años). 7-10 unidades basal: Abasaglar (insulina glargina). NovoRapid. Factor 1.0/1.5.
Vivo en Alemania. CarboH total dia 70-80 gr. Deporte Gym todos dias L-V 1h-2 h
HbA1c 5,5% (Abril 2022)
Dexcom G6

With the tquismiquis that I am with control, but @magl you overcome me :)

I did not correct before I go to sleep, I am panic of an un controlled hypo.Last night he gave me one when I was in bed and I got up for a yogurt.

Since I am at a regime, I am low that the insulins go down, not 100mg/dl.I am delighted by this, but I go hungry .... ains ...

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
01/15/2020 12:42 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

Hello, I would like to know how I can prevent a low sugar, when I put the free freestyle 80 and the arrow down, that I can eat so that I did not get off anymore?

Aliciayleo's profile photo
Aliciayleo
02/18/2020 8:57 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

aliciayleo said:
hello. I would like to know how I can prevent a low sugar, when I put the free freestyle 80 and the arrow down, what can I eat so that I don't get off anymore?I don't know if someone can help me, thanks

Encourage a cookie Maria.

mamarvazq's profile photo
mamarvazq
02/18/2020 9:32 p.m.

@Aliciayleo

If you have proven that that sensor works more or less and you see a very fast descent, although in principle you still do not notice it: they always avoid a possible hypo.It is best to take a juice.The liquid acts very quickly.A good glass of milk also works very well.I always carry 4 glucose tablets in a pocket (about 20 gr of carbohydrates) that also act very fast.Do not take anything that has fat (like chocolate).Enter very slow!Remember, if you can some liquid.It is also worth tonic or Coca Cola.

Then be patient and wait about 15 or 20 minutes to act.Do not move much when you are in hiccup.If you can then make a blood control.

All the best

jldiazdel
02/18/2020 9:33 p.m.

DM1 desde Marzo 2018 (53 años). 7-10 unidades basal: Abasaglar (insulina glargina). NovoRapid. Factor 1.0/1.5.
HbA1c 5,5% (Abril 2022)
Dexcom G6

Thanks Jldiazdel, I will do so, Abe if I manage to control the descents.

Aliciayleo's profile photo
Aliciayleo
02/18/2020 9:42 p.m.

By the way this issue is hyper not of hypos!But it doesn't matter

I liked the comment of the Jumping Jacks and the squats of @sandradiab!

I believe that at first I did at home Miles.But the truth in the end I have preferred an insulin correction.What I do at work, is if I have been a little high, go up 15 plants on the stairs (work in a very high building) and that goes down everything!They always told me in the hospital for corrections: movement or insulin.Choose.The problem is that sometimes you have to make a lot of movement!

jldiazdel
02/18/2020 9:44 p.m.

HbA1c 5,5% (Abril 2022)
Dexcom G6

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.