{'en': 'My first complications with diabetes.:-(', 'es': 'Mis primeras complicaciones con la diabetes.   :-('} Image

My first complications with diabetes.:-(

fer's profile photo   02/19/2020 9:39 a.m.

Hello!

Yesterday I did my periodic review of the view, they reviewed the visual acuity, eye pressure and eye bottom, of the first two tests all ok, but of the last one, they told me that the right eye was perfect, but that on the leftThey appreciated small spots due to "sugar", which are not in the center of the eye, which is where it would be more problematic.

It is true that I have been worst control of the usual for several months, and I was thinking if the problem is derived from there, or that I have already been in diabetes for more than 21 years, and I also thought that if I get better control, could you eliminate those spots?

Today your advice and some encouragement would do well!:(

Thank you very much in advance!;)

fer's profile photo
fer
02/19/2020 9:39 a.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

Oh!
Tips I don't think you can give you ...
We are going to the positive that they are not in the center of the eye, to continue taking care of you and expect that with better control they will improve ...
From what I have read here in the forum, there are very good laser treatments today, with this I mean, that all those who take care of ourselves is normal for us to have fears and boredom, but we cannot do much more ...
Have a good day and try not to eat your head much.

anif's profile photo
anif
02/19/2020 10:31 a.m.

DM2 (2019)

Much encouragement @fer!There are many people who have gone through that and that we are going to go through from one moment to another;) I am sure that at least I expect it in a review, Zas!There will be those spots and it will be a stick.He thinks that every time with technology it will be easier to carry good control, which is the most important thing for the eye to stay healthy.And if the time of laser comes, then what is needed.Many people do it, they will tell you better but I think the results are very good.
Much encouragement at this difficult time!

erpla's profile photo
erpla
02/19/2020 11:02 a.m.

DMT1 desde 1994, Bomba de insulina desde 2016, Freestyle+Miaomiao+Xdrip, última Hemo 5.8%

Go @Fer!In addition to diabetes, we are age.Don't worry, follow the doctor's instructions, he will advise you when to make the laser and what other treatments are emerging.

In my last company recognition they give me some presbyce;I was scared .... He told me that it was not by age but by diabetes.
In the end diabetes is the culprit of what doctors do not know.

I laughed a lot because I have given 153mg/dl of fasting glycemia and puts me: "Go to the doctor, possible diabetes! And that warning at the entrance .: D: D: D: D: D: D: D: D: D: D: D: D: D: D: D: D

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
02/19/2020 1:39 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

ruthbia said:
... I laughed a lot because I have given 153mg/dl of fasting blood glucose and puts me: "! Go to the doctor, possible diabetes! And that warning the entrance.: D: D

I love these anecdotes!: D: D: D: D: D: D

Thank you very much @anif, @erpla and @ruthbia for support !!!;-)

fer's profile photo
fer
02/19/2020 2:37 p.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

@Fer

Maybe the ophthalmologist we have in the forum (I do not remember now of its name user) can give you any advice.Probably with a laser it is possible to eliminate those spots, if necessary.It sounds like that type of spots is not for a few months of worse control with diabetes, but for longer.Maybe it is simply for the passing of the years.Dosers are leaving us!.And you may have nothing to do with diabates, or it has accelerated it a bit.

I encourage and improve your controls (regardless of the subject of the eye) again

All the best

jldiazdel's profile photo
jldiazdel
02/19/2020 2:44 p.m.

DM1 desde Marzo 2018 (53 años). 7-10 unidades basal: Abasaglar (insulina glargina). NovoRapid. Factor 1.0/1.5.
Vivo en Alemania. CarboH total dia 70-80 gr. Deporte Gym todos dias L-V 1h-2 h
HbA1c 5,5% (Abril 2022)
Dexcom G6

Hello fer!

Much encouragement.I believe that as the years go by there is more probability of anything, with or without diabetes.So to assimilate it as well as possible, to think that they have detected it very quickly and that today laser treatments if necessary are very good, and in front to continue enjoying life taking care of themselves.

Courage, greetings!

Maritxu22's profile photo
Maritxu22
02/19/2020 3:43 p.m.

DM1 desde abril 2006. 33años
Tresiba:12-14
Fiasp a demanda
Dexcom G6

Última HbA1c: 6% (junio)

ruthbia said:

In my last company recognition they give me some presbyce;I was scared .... He told me that it was not by age but by diabetes.

Go now!
With 25 years he told me a great ophthalmolga that had "as a principle of presbyopy", surely led because I was doing the end of the race and spent the days drawing and forcing my eyes.
I think that my diabetes even if I have been diagnosed recently I have had it from "always" so look where: S

anif's profile photo
anif
02/19/2020 4:43 p.m.

DM2 (2019)

@fer, some complication has to arrive over time, but treatments are now very effective.They have nothing to do with what there were years ago.They park you and do not advance.
To continue controlling, but calm.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
02/19/2020 6:06 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

Fer, I am sure you have carefully followed everything I have written about diabetic retinopathy, to questions from other members, in this forum.Therefore, and not to be repetitive, I must tell you, that the presence of these "spots" in the retina are undoubtedly the product of 21 years of evolution of the disease.Of course, the picture must be studied, as I said until satiety, through angiography.Thus, it can be determined that these spots are.In RD (diabetic retinopathy) there are only two possibilities: either they are hemorrhages or exudates, in any case it is something that should be inside the blood vessels and are out, so something happens.It seems that it is outside the macular area so, nor are they threatening vision, nor are they difficult to treat with laser, but the essential thing is to know their genesis, that is, what is underneath, in the layers of theRetina that is not visible to the naked eye to see what we can expect to find in successive years.
In short, you know what I think.As an incipient that is the problem, studying it thoroughly is essential.And after studying it, treat it.It is preferable not to have a problem to have an incipient pathology that can only go worse

javieroftalmólogo's profile photo
javieroftalmólogo
02/19/2020 7:08 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Thank you very much @"javieroftalmologist", I have read you before, and I also thank you for the explanation, next week I have time with the ophthalmologist, which I understand will look more in detail the origin of the spots.

It is a tranquility and a great luck to have you here !!

THANK YOU !!

fer's profile photo
fer
02/19/2020 8:06 p.m.

Hello fer,

I am a diabetic since the age of 10 and I have 47, so I calculate.

About 16 years ago I began to have problems in the view, I did not notice anything, visual acuity of 1 in both eyes but in the periodic reviews, I was detected microaneurisms and hemorrhages in both eyes, pre -troliferative, the ophthalmologist who treated me before, I say beforeBecause he already retired, it was great and he treated me soon and aggressively but I appreciate it, they started giving me a laser in both eyes and in the end they were Panfotocoagular, that means that they burned all the retina except the macula that is the vision zonecentral.

The result is that I still have a vision of 0.9-1, in both eyes since then, if I had not done, God knows, the same would have advanced proliferative and we would be talking about something much more serious.I will tell you that because of my age, I had a very bad control in adolescence, in addition to the fact that in my beginnings I had all kinds of insulins, at first there was no human and was swine, with syringes, then the human came, then the anologists etc..

Now my right eye is perfect and the only thing that I have a cyst that goes and goes, sometimes it disappears, sometimes it is somewhat bigger, without knowing why, that if you may have for hypos, which are less and less numerous fortunately, that if for stress ...

The only thing I tell you is that your injury is much less important than mine was and looks, here I am, it is true that I have the limitation that due to the Panfotocoagulation, my peripheral visual field is more limited and because of theI do not drive so much on night on the highway and the adaptation of light to a very deep darkness takes several minutes but otherwise totally normal and I do not notice.So surely everything will be fine.

A hug.
Elena

meginer's profile photo
meginer
02/19/2020 8:50 p.m.

Thank you very much for sharing @meginer, your experience encourages me !!!;)

fer's profile photo
fer
02/19/2020 9:53 p.m.

@Fer, you will see that the ophthalmologist explains the treatment, you will be more positive.Sure that has a solution and this should not be an impediment in your long way with diabetes.
Forward !!

vanessa30's profile photo
vanessa30
02/19/2020 11:24 p.m.

Tips?Well, the best and unique that could tell you and that it was useful would be that hemoglobins <7%.If that is achieved, the chances of complications are reduced considerably.Luck and encouragement!

DavidAG2000's profile photo
DavidAG2000
02/19/2020 11:47 p.m.

@Fer, courage and a solidarity hug.

solaria's profile photo
solaria
02/20/2020 2:53 p.m.

Debut 46 â- 2012. DM1. Celiaquía e intolerancia lactosa. Anemia perniciosa.
MiniMed 640g + SmartGuard.

@Fer, here we are for what you need, even if it is virtually.Much encouragement and a hug, you'll tell us.

cgs's profile photo
cgs
02/20/2020 7:38 p.m.

Diagnosticada de DM en enero de 2019, con tres generaciones (yo sería la cuarta) de diabéticos tipo 1 en la familia
En principio DM2 por resistencia a la insulina asociada a SOP (sin tener en cuenta los antecedentes familiares)
De momento, solo con Forxiga y Rybelsus (7mg) por la mañana
La glucosa hace lo que le da la gana
Ultimas Hemos: 7,2 (26/12/2023); 6,7 (12/2/2023, al mes de empezar con Rybelsus 3mg)
Última hemo: 6

Courage, @fer.I send you a hug and many kisses.

Anaisabel's profile photo
Anaisabel
02/21/2020 9:54 p.m.

fer said:
hello!

Yesterday I did my periodic review of the view, they reviewed the visual acuity, eye pressure and eye bottom, of the first two tests all ok, but of the last one, they told me that the right eye was perfect, but that on the leftThey appreciated small spots due to "sugar", which are not in the center of the eye, which is where it would be more problematic.

It is true that I have been worst control of the usual for several months, and I was thinking if the problem is derived from there, or that I have already been in diabetes for more than 21 years, and I also thought that if I get better control, could you eliminate those spots?

Today your advice and some encouragement would do well!:(

Thank you very much in advance!;)

Fer I spend controls once a year with my doctor specializing in Madrid that is at the Commission for Technological Research of Diabetes in Boston (USA), he tells me that carrying good control, indicating that we have a margin, a small one but we have it(It means that we will not have non -diabetic values ​​but homoglobin below 7) it is not necessary to have any type of complication for diabetes.
That sometimes they get high values, sure, that sometimes they leave low, surely the important thing is to be the maximum postbile time within the margins.
Hy to live with the disease, not for the disease.
According to my doctor, he has a lot of patients with diabetes for many years and have no complication.
to take care of yourself

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
02/23/2020 6:36 p.m.

I have just seen recent analytics results, I really have to improve and control much ... I have shot at 8.4 the A1C ... If I improve it, it is possible that the rest of things too, in case I had no purposesBy 2020, I already have one and the important ones !!!

Thanks again to all for the support !!!;)

fer's profile photo
fer
02/27/2020 3:55 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.