Can intermittent fasting help you reverse diabetes?

pollxander's profile photo   03/17/2020 1:22 a.m.

marine said:
care with diets where there are many hours without hydrates by the theme of ketone bodies ... as diabetics it is not a good practice.

You are right there is a diet called obvious ketogenic diet as any diet is not for everyone

pollxander's profile photo
pollxander
05/06/2020 3:05 a.m.

canal:https://youtube.com/user/tumedicodecabecera?sub_confirmation=1

marine said:
@nigiri
-Proly, this " differentiate between ketosis and ketoacidosis since it is not the same "
-Porate this too .. " the comfort of not having to put my alarm clock to have to prick yes or yes and have to eat yes or yes ,"

Take the treatment you carry, you have to put insulin and such insulin has an effect on the body .... If you eat when you want etc .... then you will tell me.

Really .. Explain it because I don't understand it.

You can search Google the following "Lameteoqueviene ketosis ketoacidosis" and you read the first result that comes out, of the best explanations I have read.They are totally different processes, ketosis is normal and physiological and ketoacidosis is a medical emergency that can end in death.It is important to know the difference and see why each one occurs to act accordingly.For a diabetic it is essential to have the difference very clear, especially if a low hydrates diet is followed.
To say that both are the same is like saying that having blood glucose is the same as having hyperglycemia and being afraid of glucose in any situation even if it is in a normal range.

Yessica_A's profile photo
Yessica_A
05/06/2020 12:07 p.m.

DM1 desde 2003 | Toujeo + Humalog | FreeStyle 2 | HbA1c 5.5

nila said:
nigiri said:
type I diabetes cannot be reversed, for now, in any way.I practice intermittent fasting for quite some time and I assure you that I keep clicking.All the best.

Yes, I know that nothing reverses !!Maybe type 2 will improve values ​​and can reduce treatment and things like that.

Do you do well to you?I am thinking of doing it because it gives me a lot of anxiety with food especially during working hours, from when I get up until I return home at noon and how I can eat easy 3-4 times, in a relatively short time space andI have read that it greatly reduces anxiety to eat among other things

hello.I have read many patients with type 2 diabetes who have lowered insulin with intermittent fasting.Some have even managed to eliminate totally insulin and keep some daily pill for example metformin.

This Jason Fung video has a very detailed explanation of why intermittent fasting is good for treating type 2 diabetes.

Link

matrix's profile photo
matrix
05/11/2020 3:46 p.m.

Desde México. DB2. Metformina c/ 12hrs. No insulina. HCG22/02/21: 9.0. HCG 18/04/21: 7.4

nigiri said:
hello @mborque, type II diabetes is a chronic disease and is usually hereditary and in a few cases you can do without medication.By this I want to tell you that insulin resistance is not the only origin of this disease, surely your pancreas does not work 100% and that is why you still need insulin.All the best.

it's right.Not all type II diabetes are the same.The origin can be varied.But a great % begins with metabolic syndrome / insulin resistance and there are recent studies that show that intermittent fasting is real vs diabetes II.

I am prediabetic and for 2 weeks I made an intermittent fast for 14 days and improved my blood pressure, blood sugar and other blood chemicals.And it was not difficult, the fasting began and at 12 of the next day I could already ingest food.

There I could notice a great increase in energy, concentration and improvement in some other points.Something curious is that my glucose when I got up was 105 and with the intermittent fast I went up to 115, which made no sense because I was fasting but then I read that that was "normal" the first weeks and it was a sign that the fast was workingBecause not having consumed food, that blood glucose was extracted from the fat of the body, not food.

Finally, intermittent fasting is not for everyone, but in general, it seems beneficial.There is a blog of an MX girl who did it and reflected as I went, I recommend them.This is the link: Link

matrix's profile photo
matrix
05/11/2020 3:59 p.m.

Desde México. DB2. Metformina c/ 12hrs. No insulina. HCG22/02/21: 9.0. HCG 18/04/21: 7.4

nigiri said:
hello @nila is doing very well, in my case, in the morning I am barely hungOf the five meals a day that for something else, when I started reading about the intermittent fasting and informing myself well, I decided to try and the truth is that I am phenomenal especially for the issue of insulin resistance, before one unit alone does notThere is absolutely nothing now there is no color.With the issue of anxiety with food, I don't know how to tell you why I have never had, find out to see.I practice 16 - 8. Greetings.

Are you still with 16/8?Do you do it every day or just during the week?

Do you start 8pm up to 12 from the next day or do you from 9pm to 1pm from the next day?

Have you managed to lower medication?Just yesterday I learned that my friend who took 2 500 metformin pills a day already managed to go down to 500 daily, that is, half of the medicine thanks to the intermittent fasting, but he has been doing it for 3 months.

matrix's profile photo
matrix
05/11/2020 4:02 p.m.

Hello @matrix, I am not type II diabetic, I am type I. I practice on 16/8, that is and is usually between 9:00 p.m. and 13: 00h, I normally do it daily and what I have noticed is that I needLess insulin but of course I cannot do without it or can ever.All the best.

nigiri's profile photo
nigiri
05/11/2020 5:14 p.m.

DM1 desde 1990 - Fiasp y Toujeo - HG: 6,1

nigiri said:
hello @matrix, I am not type II diabetic, I am type I. I practice on 16/8, that is and is usually between 21: 00h and 13: 00h,I normally do it daily and what I have noticed is that I need less insulin but of course I cannot do without it or can ever.All the best.

It is good to know.In everything I have read of intermittent fasting indicate that in type I diabetes it can help, it is good to know that in your case it is.I think it is excellent that you need less insulin.The intermittent fasting do you do it daily or only during the week or Monday to Friday?

matrix's profile photo
matrix
05/11/2020 10:30 p.m.

I answered you before @matrix, I normally do it daily, that is, from Monday to Sunday but as I have already said on other occasions it is not something that forces me to do, it is simply that I am not hungry, before I forced me for breakfast, toTaking something in the middle of the morning because it was supposed to be adequate but over time it has been shown that this is not so, that not all bodies are the same and I specifically do this.All the best.

nigiri's profile photo
nigiri
05/12/2020 4:42 p.m.

DM1 desde 1990 - Fiasp y Toujeo - HG: 6,1

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.