{'en': 'Baby insulin sensor or pump', 'es': 'Sensor o bomba de insulina bebés'} Image

Baby insulin sensor or pump

ine_milo's profile photo   11/27/2019 4:07 p.m.

Hello good,

I bring you my consultation: Has anyone tasted in your small child with diabetes the sensor for continuous reading and/or insulin pump?

I understand that the pump is the best in terms of micro dose, but I don't know how it will be to take it in such a small body .. I don't know, the cable or things like that will start?

My baby currently has 13 months .. What I would like to try at least is the MCG, we live in Argentina, but I can get any brand if it does not recognize the social work, we are professionals and I prefer to investwhere in itsHealth, at least while it is so difficult to handle diabetes ... and then, when he speaks, etc., we will see (meanwhile they continue inventing things hehe).

If you can share experiences, suggestions, recommend brands, etc. .. I will appreciate them (I know that experiences are personal, but something I have to choose yes or yes, and it is different that a doctor can suggest that a person with diabetes).

Greetings!

ine_milo's profile photo
ine_milo
11/27/2019 4:07 p.m.

De Argentina.. Debut con 11 meses.. Usamos inyecciones (tresiba y novorrapid). Sensor Freestyle libre 1.
Tenemos pedida bomba Medtronic 670G.

According to my short experience (30 years) with type 1 diabetes, I think it is better (especially in very young children) an MCG (for example, free, or any other) to know what to do at all times with insulin and/orThe food.
The insulin bomb (infusora) is also very good, but better in a few years when, you parents have more knowledge (and for the moment they are inventing "more things").

mamarvazq's profile photo
mamarvazq
11/27/2019 6:21 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Thank you, it is just what I thought, currently the measurements every 3 hours or 3 and a half are few, as I see.Or sometimes he is just asleep and I have to prick it.I think the sensor will help me better, and that measurements adapt a bit to your lifestyle (now I feel that you have to adapt to measurements).And stop clicking his mini fingers seems great to me .. the annoying sensor?

ine_milo's profile photo
ine_milo
11/28/2019 1:59 a.m.

De Argentina.. Debut con 11 meses.. Usamos inyecciones (tresiba y novorrapid). Sensor Freestyle libre 1.

The sensor (Almenos the free, which I have been using for 4 years) does not hurt anything (less than a capillary puncture on a finger), and lasts 14 days.It does not require calibration (punctures in the fingers), which other sensors do.

mamarvazq's profile photo
mamarvazq
11/28/2019 9:32 a.m.

@ine_milo, if the sensor annoyed?Well, it can bother the first day and it is not discomfort, it is the feeling of walking something strange stuck to the body.
I also believe it should be put to the baby a freestyle.
Then when you have a background you can think about the bomb.

solaria's profile photo
solaria
11/28/2019 12:26 p.m.

Debut 46 â- 2012. DM1. Celiaquía e intolerancia lactosa. Anemia perniciosa.
MiniMed 640g + SmartGuard.

Built does not bother, at least in my case as an adult, it is practically not noticed when you put it and when you have not even remembered it for a long time, it is as if it were part of your body.
I do not know how the matter is in Argentina but in Spain the free freestyle is the easiest to acquire and cheaper, you can also transform it into an MCG (it is a flash meter, the measurements do not reach you automatically) putting a Miao Miao (now it isMiao Miao 2 smaller and reliable), but if you are going to pump later you can think of buying it another type of continuous meter that can be connected to the pumps, I don't know why I do not carry a bomb but I know thatThere are brands that have them, everything would be to investigate.

Macarena93's profile photo
Macarena93
11/28/2019 1:13 p.m.

In Argentina I understand that free freestyle is the simplest to get .. but I didn't know if it was necessaryWell .. Well, thanks for your contributions, I think it's the most comfortable and what will work for our dyad .. Then I tell you what sensor and I will share our experience ..

ine_milo's profile photo
ine_milo
11/29/2019 4:43 p.m.

@ine_milo

Only for your information: Dexcom G6, which is probably one of the best sensors (although expensive), it is only recommended for children 2 years and older, according to the official page

A very strong greeting (from Germany)

jldiazdel's profile photo
jldiazdel
11/29/2019 5:04 p.m.

DM1 desde Marzo 2018 (53 años). 7-10 unidades basal: Abasaglar (insulina glargina). NovoRapid. Factor 1.0/1.5.
Vivo en Alemania. CarboH total dia 70-80 gr. Deporte Gym todos dias L-V 1h-2 h
HbA1c 5,5% (Abril 2022)
Dexcom G6

Regarding age, he was seeing that the free is from 4 years, the Dexcom since the age of 2 (I am closer).The one of the Medtronic Bomb is suitable for any age but they tell me that I cannot use the sensor only?Only with the bomb: |

ine_milo's profile photo
ine_milo
11/29/2019 8:33 p.m.

@ine_milo, the age limit is a matter of legislation, to demarcate responsibilities.No problem that the child is under 4 years old.
If you are interested in Medtronic, you have the Guardian Connect option (without a bomb)
Link

solaria's profile photo
solaria
11/30/2019 8:44 p.m.

ine_milo said:
Regarding age, he was seeing that the free is from the age of 4, the Dexcom since the age of 2 (I am closer).The one of the Medtronic Bomb is suitable for any age but they tell me that I cannot use the sensor only?Only with the bomb: |

You must go into groups and see that you are more interested as of the two, I think as a solar, worth any.They always give the mess with the ages and many use them.

jconegar's profile photo
jconegar
12/02/2019 9:23 a.m.

Miembro del equipo moderador del foro.

Ultima prueba realizada:
Maratón San Petesrburgo (Rusia)
https://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/07/maraton-san-petersburgo-rusa-42195-mts.html

Prueba deportiva Ruta de las Fortalezas.
http://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/05/ruta-de-las-fortalezas-2019-54700.html

Facebook: Jorge Moto
Usuario Dexcom G6 y microinfusora Tandem T: Slim X2 Basal IQ

Perfect, thanks!They do not know how much I appreciate their recommendations .. because if the sensor works perfect and the issue of age is only legislative, then I am convinced.Today I have a turn to see the Medtronic BombRecipe and I start the process to ask for it (or buy) .. I find it hard to keep the punctures if there are more advanced things, maybe it is not the best for everyone but I will not know if I do not try it ..
I cannot believe that there is still no implantable device that is under the skin for years .. and that the reader is changed in any case (thinking about the contraceptive chip) ... even something like it releases insulin?(How did I not study medicine:#) I suppose to make ideas for better diabetes management is part of the process? .. Greetings to all and thank you!

ine_milo's profile photo
ine_milo
12/02/2019 4:56 p.m.

@ine_milo
If it exists: Eversese de Roche, but only lasts 6 months (before only 3 months).He puts himself in the arm with a small incision.Then you have to extract it.I am an option that I have thought if one day I gave myself allergy in Dexcom's skin.But for now he has not given me allergy and works well for me

all the best

jldiazdel's profile photo
jldiazdel
12/02/2019 5:24 p.m.

DM1 desde Marzo 2018 (53 años). 7-10 unidades basal: Abasaglar (insulina glargina). NovoRapid. Factor 1.0/1.5.
Vivo en Alemania. CarboH total dia 70-80 gr. Deporte Gym todos dias L-V 1h-2 h
HbA1c 5,5% (Abril 2022)
Dexcom G6

@ine_milo Medtronic has two continuous measurement systems, Guardian Link (for bombs) and Guardian Connect (without bomb).
If you want to put the baby insulin pump, you should be integrated MINIMED ™ 640G system with Smartguard ™ + Guardian ™ Sensor 3 technology.
If you can get 640G pump you will have a predictive stop.
If you can get 670G pump you will have predictive stop and corrective infusion in case of hyperglycemia.

solaria's profile photo
solaria
12/02/2019 5:48 p.m.

The 670 still did not reach Arg, if Chile.It arrives in 2020, the most advanced.

marcela's profile photo
marcela
12/02/2019 6:28 p.m.

Well, we went to see the Medtronic bomb, the 640 because as @marcela la 670 is not in Argentina yet.I thought it was big and heavy: '(and I don't imagine it with that all day (at this age) ... even the sensor occupies almost all the width of his arm ... but hey, the sensor is goingTo ask for it, free freestyle in principle ..

ine_milo's profile photo
ine_milo
12/05/2019 1:38 a.m.

@ine_milo you can put the free in the buttock, there will not be touched by the baby and gives good values.As it is a larger area, you are rotating it so that your skin is not saturated.I carry it two fingers below the panty rubber and change the right to the left when it expires at 14 days.

If you put it in the buttock you will not be able to make it a continuous meter with the other additional devices in the market.

Watch an allergic reaction to the skin.Many adults happen and babies are more delicate.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
12/05/2019 12:38 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

Yes, it is a good option .. just as it is so small and it is always surveillance I do not need to make it continuous because I can monitor it ... and as we grow we will see ..

ine_milo's profile photo
ine_milo
12/05/2019 2:13 p.m.

ruthbia said:

Watch an allergic reaction to the skin.Many adults happen and babies are more delicate.
That worries me: |

ine_milo's profile photo
ine_milo
12/05/2019 2:15 p.m.

Hello!I update .. We have already started the pump's request (670g of Medtronic), they tell us that it takes a few months.Meanwhile, we continue with the punctures and a roller coaster of glutemia, today I will propose again to use free for a few months, paying it in my pocket, the doctor does not want to know anything for age, and because it tells me that not that does notPrevents hypoglycemia (but punctures either).In addition, I could continue to make the capillaries for greater security in corrections.
We did a study with a continuous sensor (but blind, then the data lowered us) and we saw that two nights made hypoglycemia that I did not notice (when I was high at midnight and put it quick to go down).I put another consultation (I was mistakenly left in "Technology for Diabetes) because we uploaded slow insulin and from there it became more stable and need less corrections. And we wonder with my husband if adjusting more the basal (moving from 3 units to4) Maybe he does not upload so much at midnight and not putting insulin at 12 at night we would avoid hiccuting at 4 in the morning?So shocking in his glycems that I wonder if the key is not out there.

ine_milo's profile photo
ine_milo
02/13/2020 2:52 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.