{'en': 'Baby insulin sensor or pump', 'es': 'Sensor o bomba de insulina bebés'} Image

Baby insulin sensor or pump

ine_milo's profile photo   11/27/2019 4:07 p.m.

The basal is regulated according to the values ​​when awakening.
If it only has basal and after meals it is high, it is because that insulin does not metabolize hydrates.And quick insulin is needed before meals.
But being such a small child, it is the pediatrician or the endocrine who has to give the pattern.
If it is high after dinner, but goes down in the early morning, it is because the basal will be too high and, if you go up, it will run more risk of hypoglycemia at night.
The most common guideline is to combine a slow or basal with a quick at meals.
His pediatrician will tell you when he can put on him.
Another option is the pump.
What basal does it use?

Regina's profile photo
Regina
02/13/2020 4:19 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

@Regina I tell you: at night to dinner it did well (around 150) and with him we do not use correction when he has until 150. Then at 24 he has more than 200 and I put insulin (0.5 or 1, depending on how much him howHe went up - Novorrapid) and saw with the sensor that made small hypoglycemia around 3 or 4 am.The slow one is the threeiba.What I consider is that if with 3 basal units you need correction at 12 at night, maybe, increasing the basal, I do not put correction at 12 and so I could endure until the morning.The other option for me would be quickly at dinner, but the endo tells me that the fast lowers him a lot and that is why I can only put when he exceeds 150 ... and sometimes still having 170 he made hypoglycemia with 1/2 unit.
For example today: he got up with 418 (6.30 am).I put a Novorrapid 1.5 and at 10 I was 150. So I am not able to correct him.At that time he had breakfast 2 integral cookies with cream cheese and a homemade yogurt prepared with sweetener, milk and vanilla (and based on a light yogurt).And now before lunch I was 346. I would like to find a way to avoid that.

ine_milo's profile photo
ine_milo
02/13/2020 5:36 p.m.

De Argentina.. Debut con 11 meses.. Usamos inyecciones (tresiba y novorrapid). Sensor Freestyle libre 1.
Tenemos pedida bomba Medtronic 670G.

If you wake up above 250 you could increase the slow average unit.Ask the endo.
Maybe you fix it that way.
The rapid handle it with half units too.
First the slow one is regulated and then the rapids.
In such young children it is difficult, because they have a lot of sensitivity to insulin.
Write everything and you see what you need.
You have to give you some guidelines the endocrine, to adjust dose little by little.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
02/13/2020 6:31 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

Hello, finally yesterday changed the guidelines.And the basal increased us.He also accepted that we put the freestyle, at least one month.So I hope we can have a better control.

ine_milo's profile photo
ine_milo
02/15/2020 12:33 p.m.

De Argentina.. Debut con 11 meses.. Usamos inyecciones (tresiba y novorrapid). Sensor Freestyle libre 1.

@ine_milo

You will tell us how the sensor works.
Check the open theme of the Freestyle Free Forum: Everything you need to know.It can help you.

If your budget allows you, and distribute them in your country, the Dexcom G6 works much better.But I don't know how it will be in babies.

A very strong greeting

jldiazdel's profile photo
jldiazdel
02/16/2020 12:41 p.m.

DM1 desde Marzo 2018 (53 años). 7-10 unidades basal: Abasaglar (insulina glargina). NovoRapid. Factor 1.0/1.5.
Vivo en Alemania. CarboH total dia 70-80 gr. Deporte Gym todos dias L-V 1h-2 h
HbA1c 5,5% (Abril 2022)
Dexcom G6

Hello!I wanted to tell you that we are using free freestyle .. and I wanted to thank those who encouraged me to try it.As approved from the age of 4, I cannot ask for it through the social work, so we are paying it, but it is worth it.It was so much the change, that we bought a blucon (I did not achieve from Argentina to ask for Miao).So I will start with the questions about XDrip+ and all that, that I already installed and I am using.Hallucinated with this technology.
He is helping me a lot to understand his patterns, to know how each meal falls;With the basal adjustment we are also better, although we continue with the Tresiba pen, so there are weeks that we use 4 basal and if it starts with a tendency to be low we return to 3 units and so on ... this is the case?Fluctuar between basal values ​​is normal?Obviously we do not neglect blood measurements, but with Free is something else, a before and after.Less the sensor that has a lot of difference with the capillary, the others that we test very good.
Is it bad to get used to technology?I think that then I will not know how to handle your diabetes without these accessories .. I panic think only with the punctures again.The bomb, now everything is in stand by, I don't even know if it makes sense to ask, if anyway they could not give us the training or anything.Thank you all for reading me.

ine_milo's profile photo
ine_milo
04/24/2020 2:13 a.m.

Slow (basal) insulin varies every day depending on what your child moves, what eats its intercurrent diseases, infections, ... and a thousand more things.
Technology is always good if it helps, but still learning everything you can.
For example, this book is very good:
Link

mamarvazq's profile photo
mamarvazq
04/24/2020 10:37 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

@ine_milo

Technology is to improve our quality of life!You have to use it.I sometimes feel dependent on the sensor.But my quality of life and my glycemias improves me a lot!That's not bad

All the best

jldiazdel's profile photo
jldiazdel
04/24/2020 3:12 p.m.

DM1 desde Marzo 2018 (53 años). 7-10 unidades basal: Abasaglar (insulina glargina). NovoRapid. Factor 1.0/1.5.
Vivo en Alemania. CarboH total dia 70-80 gr. Deporte Gym todos dias L-V 1h-2 h
HbA1c 5,5% (Abril 2022)
Dexcom G6

Thank you!The sensor gives me the confidence to try, total I can look at how the thing paints .. insulin units at this age are a headache because sometimes 1/2 u is little and 1 is a lot.
I am reading one of those who passed me @Mamarvazq of diabetes of pediatric age ... and very good also about the post about hydrates, @jldiazdel .. I would hire them as educators, very didactic!THANK YOU EVERYTHING ..

ine_milo's profile photo
ine_milo
04/29/2020 3:34 a.m.

Ah the dexcom, I could not pay it, it is very expensive for us with the price of the dollar and everything .. if we look at it, but for the moment we are out of budget: '(:(

ine_milo's profile photo
ine_milo
04/29/2020 3:37 a.m.

Ah the dexcom, I could not pay it, it is very expensive for us with the price of the dollar and everything .. if we look at it, but for the moment we are out of budget: '(:(

ine_milo's profile photo
ine_milo
04/29/2020 3:37 a.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.