{'en': 'What kind of diabetes could you have?', 'es': '¿que tipo de diabetes podria tener?'} Image

What kind of diabetes could you have?

Dalu's profile photo   11/28/2019 12:32 p.m.

Hello everyone,

My son has type 1 diabetes for just over 2 years and yesterday I felt very thirsty, I made a capillary and 248, this morning on an empty stomach 173.

In the emergency department last night they told me that it is surely a type 2, but they do not rule out the type 1 or lada, that I go to my header, it will send me to the endocrine and it will be seen.

I freaked out, as if it could be with high levels a good season and nothing will happen.

I am 35 years old, I do sports regularly and maybe I have a kg but no obesity.

What diabetes do you think could have?

Thank you!

Dalu's profile photo
Dalu
11/28/2019 12:32 p.m.

Papa niño 3 años diagnosticado julio 2017. Uso medtronic 640 con sensor enlite. Ultima glicosilada 6,3.

Diagnosticado noviembre 2019.

I would say that Lada because type 2 at the beginning does not usually have such high values ​​but also depends on what you are eating.And also if you have suddenly started it is more likely to be lad.But you will have to wait for the tests to know for sure.That the antetician and peptitus analytics C and peptitus C and so you already go to the endocrine with a diagnosis and puts insulin treatment as soon as possible.
Until then try not to eat many HC to control that it does not upload much.Whether it is Lada and type 2 with few HC you can control the blood glucose until they put treatment, in both the pancreas still produces insulin.

Yessica_A's profile photo
Yessica_A
11/28/2019 2:02 p.m.

DM1 desde 2003 | Toujeo + Humalog | FreeStyle 2 | HbA1c 5.5

Hi @Dalu looks at diabetes 1 lada.
The good thing is that as soon as they are pauting a treatment you will be stable quite a long time through the honeymoon, in Lada it lasts a lot of time if you take care of yourself.

I entered by emergencies and they themselves sent me to the endocrine by preferential, I did not have to go to the header.
Tell your head doctor to send you by preferential.

As you have a small diabetic, you already know almost everything that can be eaten, what is going well, what not so well, etc.At the moment I would eat HC of slow absorption, protein and little fat, with exercise you can have it in a stable value until you give you pills or insulin.
Go by measuring before eating and then (if you have plenty of strips) and analyze it for when you go to endo.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
11/28/2019 2:57 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

@Dalu

Hello, I am type 1 lada and when I went to the endocrine (directly) I had some values ​​similar to yours and commanded me directly to a specialized hospital.I just let myself go home to collect clothes.

I discovered it by thirst and also for non -explainable weight loss for a month.If that is not your case, better, because then it could mean that you have not yet generated ketosis or a very high degree (I had it when I went to the hospital) and TB generates some fat in the liver, which then disappeared.

Give maximum priority to the appointment with the endocrine and only the blood analytics will tell you how many antibodies you have and how much you have peptide c.The sooner you begin, you will suffer your liver, kidneys, etc.

Your advantage is that you already know the procedure to follow.

Many greetings

jldiazdel's profile photo
jldiazdel
11/28/2019 3:49 p.m.

DM1 desde Marzo 2018 (53 años). 7-10 unidades basal: Abasaglar (insulina glargina). NovoRapid. Factor 1.0/1.5.
Vivo en Alemania. CarboH total dia 70-80 gr. Deporte Gym todos dias L-V 1h-2 h
HbA1c 5,5% (Abril 2022)
Dexcom G6

@Dalu, my son goes stick!
I imagine it will be a DM 1 or lada.
I am very sorry.But you have an advantage over most of us that we had no stuffed idea when we went to the doctor and you told us Diabetes 1!.A lot of strength and a hug.

solaria's profile photo
solaria
11/28/2019 4:26 p.m.

Debut 46 â- 2012. DM1. Celiaquía e intolerancia lactosa. Anemia perniciosa.
MiniMed 640g + SmartGuard.

I have been in the GP, I have left desperate, the appointment with the endocrine for January 20, controls that do not need, that is only for patients with type 1, to take 1 pill of metformin at noon andpullingAnd that in the future if you see that it is type 2 that every 6 months glycosilad control and with that it is enough to know if something must be modified.That glucose controls in my case only serve to crush my fingers.I have told him 4 things well said and the calm, Uncle Mi flushed to my despair, that this quiet, that is the procedure to follow.

Dalu's profile photo
Dalu
11/28/2019 5:12 p.m.

Papa niño 3 años diagnosticado julio 2017. Uso medtronic 640 con sensor enlite. Ultima glicosilada 6,3.

What barbarity !!!It is that you can't be until January.In the end you end in emergencies with ketoacidosis.After the urgencies collapse, it does not surprise me with such incompetent doctors.In this case, everything points to a lad, no type 2 and you are almost with the diagnosis and still tells you that.How much ignorance!
When I debuted as I had my sister I knew how the thing was going and I went to the Emergencies and that same day I saw an endocrine and they already gave me insulin.I had no ketoacidosis or anything.I realized how you for thirst, suddenly one day I drank 5L of water and still continued with thirst, I saw it clear at that time.But of course I was 17 years old and there a type 2 being thin is very unlikely so they give it more importance.My header told me to be measured on an empty stomach and if it went high, I went to emergency directly because it was the fastest.
Also try to return to the emergency room to the hospital and you insist that yours is not type 2, that you have your son 1 son and that it has happened to you suddenly, to make you an analysis at least or advance the appointment.

Yessica_A's profile photo
Yessica_A
11/28/2019 6:02 p.m.

DM1 desde 2003 | Toujeo + Humalog | FreeStyle 2 | HbA1c 5.5

I will get a couple of daily controls on my own, if I see that the controlled thing will not go to emergency.I know that you can't play.

Dalu's profile photo
Dalu
11/28/2019 6:21 p.m.

@Dalu

I was the emergency weekend when I discovered that it was 250 and I had an imbecil (in Germany as there is everything in every places) and he told me that it was nothing urgent and I went to my family doctor when I could!.On Monday I went directly to an endocrine.And the truth is that I was lucky with the doctor who attended me.And he told me that he did not understand the emergency doctor and that if he wanted we denounced him.I said that better to leave it and dedicate myself to the important.

I encourage and insist.

jldiazdel's profile photo
jldiazdel
11/28/2019 7:18 p.m.

DM1 desde Marzo 2018 (53 años). 7-10 unidades basal: Abasaglar (insulina glargina). NovoRapid. Factor 1.0/1.5.
Vivo en Alemania. CarboH total dia 70-80 gr. Deporte Gym todos dias L-V 1h-2 h
HbA1c 5,5% (Abril 2022)
Dexcom G6

My mother!They entered me directly, they didn't let me or think about it.
He told me the emergency department that with more than 160 is already diabetic.
In the bridge and with the urgencies collapsed by the flu epidemic.

Almost 5 years later with the peptide C almost at 0 and controlled.

@"Dalu If you can allow you to go to a private one and put a complaint in patient care.
I buy Amazon and they don't go wrong, at least until you have the definitive diagnosis.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
11/28/2019 8:27 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

They directly told me that it was a type 2, with 175 on an empty stomach, glycosiladI am 41 years old, it is a type 2 because if it were another guy he would have discovered before, and that with a history in my family by mother (she, her father, her grandmother and a sister ...).I am with a pill (dapaglifozina, commercial name Forxiga in Spain) that control it halfway ...of 4 liters daily), hungry almost all the time (I retain to eat, but for example, I have dinner and have been hungry ...) and say type 2 for age, fundamentally ... theStrips for the controls I also buy them by Amazon, except this last package (which will have spent two weeks in stored emails, go to know how by a mistake of yours, since the address was very clear and sent it to another site) always withoutissues.The glucometer was paid too, because at type 2 you go once a week (or every two weeks, or every month, it depends on the doctor) to look at you at the health center on an empty stomach ... look, look,I work in an institute and I can't go because I can't miss the control every week ... well, or with those ... in short ...
Much encouragement and fight for the tests and for everything you consider necessary (here I have already tried and I only have to go privately ... but they are the same as public ... I have an insurance, done beforeThat I appeared, luckily ...)

cgs's profile photo
cgs
11/28/2019 9:19 p.m.

Diagnosticada de DM en enero de 2019, con tres generaciones (yo sería la cuarta) de diabéticos tipo 1 en la familia
En principio DM2 por resistencia a la insulina asociada a SOP (sin tener en cuenta los antecedentes familiares)
De momento, solo con Forxiga y Rybelsus (7mg) por la mañana
La glucosa hace lo que le da la gana
Ultimas Hemos: 7,2 (26/12/2023); 6,7 (12/2/2023, al mes de empezar con Rybelsus 3mg)
Última hemo: 6

Today I got up with 138, unfortunately for my son's diabetes I can do some control with their strips, although I don't want to abuse that.Anyway, yesterday I ate throughout the day very light and took around 6 rations of hydrates.I will get a couple of daily controls until Monday and as I will act.As this high on Monday I present myself again in the emergency room and I will demand that they do what they have to do to get out with a diagnosis and a treatment and control for which it does not have figures outside of normality.Luckily I have the best teacher in my son.A fighter with 4 years fresh and some controls always below 6.5 glycosilada

Dalu's profile photo
Dalu
11/29/2019 10:58 a.m.

Well, yesterday I was with the endocrine and told me that it is almost convinced that it is lada, they did some analysis to see the antibodies and confirm it.I am more or less controlled with controls following a low hydrates diet, but on a good night that I let me take a little more, it shoots at 340 and now, 3 days later it is when I start going down to normal levels.Is it normal for exceeding one night to be 3 days high?

Dalu's profile photo
Dalu
12/27/2019 6:39 p.m.

Yes (and above all considering that you still do not use insulin).
In addition, according to Christmas Eve food excesses (many fats / proteins), it will also take "normalize."

mamarvazq's profile photo
mamarvazq
12/27/2019 8:26 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

I have firing again, I have stayed with the family to take something, 2 bottles and some tapas, removing a small montadito that calculates 2 rations approx.The rest without hydrates.I do control and 267, my mother, will I not be able to eat anything?It is not a very large climb to have eaten that if I am or type 2 or lada that are 2 types of diabetes that develop more slowly.What despair

Dalu's profile photo
Dalu
12/28/2019 12:13 a.m.

It is not a "great" climb (keep in mind that beer bottles contain quite rapid absorption HC - it is liquid - and the tapas usually contain many fats / proteins).
I believe that your type of diabetes is lada and began several years ago (perhaps masked, psychologically, with your child's type 1 diabetes).

mamarvazq's profile photo
mamarvazq
12/28/2019 10:08 a.m.

Lada is not a type 2 but is practically a type 1. it takes a little to stay without insulin but you stay.In a person who does not have endogena insulin and no insulin is managed, some beers (containing HC) can produce that climb.

Ignasi_p's profile photo
Ignasi_p
12/28/2019 8:42 p.m.

Abasaglar 25U (noche)
Novorapid 4/6/6 (y lo que caiga por enmedio)
Glicosilada (30/4/19): 6.5

@Dalu So far you are doing well, you only lack one more effort and you already get the "system" to accept you as what you are, a person who needs insulin and strips.

I started with 23 years and wanted to deal with metformin, my salvation is that I am a pharmacist and I can tell you to you.Strong that you are almost.

By the way, a third of beer are 15 grams of carbohydrates, without insulin to compensate them clear that glycemia rises, through the clouds.

juanluis1957's profile photo
juanluis1957
12/29/2019 11:25 a.m.

Insulina have already prescribed me, for now 10 units.Slowly at night and the quick to correct if I am above 250. My endocrine is that it says that in the absence of the antibody results, it is convinced that I am lada, but I still have my doubts between Lada and type 2.A little over 1 year ago I had a glycosilada of 5.8 that made me a little higher value that I found, but at the levels of now I have never been.

Dalu's profile photo
Dalu
12/29/2019 11:56 a.m.

@Dalu, in the end it does not matter the type of diabetes you have, lada or type 1, you need insulin and control to be fine.
I just drink beer if I have a hiccup, to quickly raise blood glucose to normal value.It comes in small print on the beer label, but barley goes up a lot.
To alternate the best zero drinks or a glass of wine.

Correction from 250 it seems a lot;They told me from 180 and if it was 3 hours after having eaten.My first year I did not use fast for any food, I kept myself with the slow one at 8 units, but from the year 2 I began to need it.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
01/02/2020 12:51 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.