{'en': 'Be okay or feel good?', 'es': '¿Estar bien o sentirte  bien ?'} Image

Be okay or feel good?

Sorprendido's profile photo   05/13/2018 10:40 a.m.

Good morning,

I have been trying to approach diabetes for several days.I mean the fact of drastically decreasing the intake of H. de C., idea exposed by @Fer in an article in this forum.It was the philosophy of treatment of this disease, before the appearance of insulin.

And yes, with the great help of Freestyle, I have achieved scandal figures, very close to Normoglycemia but ... this is without living.All morning, the afternoon, between 80 and 110 mg/dl.The feeling of discomfort, the restlessness, does not let me continue along this path.

The explanation seems easy: the body of a diabetic is "accustomed" to abnormally half/high blood glucose figures and carry it, forcing it, to normal figures, of non -diabetic person, leads it to a discomfort difficult to maintain in time.

I ask you, have you had the experience?

It has been my experiment/experience of these days, based on the idea expressed in @Fer's article.

Conclusion: The experiments, we already know, for soda.This is too serious, complex and screwed to be embodied with lures.Even with all the visions of seriousness and foundation.

All the best!

Sorprendido's profile photo
Sorprendido
05/13/2018 10:40 a.m.

Desde 1984 diabético tipo 1
Tresiba al mediodía , Apidra en las comidas.
Glicosiladas alrededor de 6,5 %
"Feliz aquel que reconoce a tiempo que sus deseos no están de acuerdo con sus posibilidades "
Goethe

Hello @"surprised" the main thing is a situation of commitment that you feel good and be in possible values, between 120 and 140 you would feel much better than with 110. Keep in mind that if you are not used to having those thoseValues ​​will give you symptoms of hypoglycemia.People who normally have higher values ​​are used to them and as soon as they fall from 100/110 are fatal, and people who normally have low values ​​work perfectly with values ​​of 80 mg/dl.In your case and with a glycosilada of 6.5, which is fine, I would try to lower it a little but without obsessing you.It makes no sense to have a glycosylated below 6 if you are not comfortable.

runing50's profile photo
runing50
05/13/2018 1 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

@"Runing50" I think that @"surprised" and if not, he corrects me, he is not alreadySome glycems the most similar to a person without diabetes.I understand you perfectly but with a hemoglobin of 6.5 with few hypoglycemia I would not do too many experiments or eat my head.-

sigsauer's profile photo
sigsauer
05/13/2018 2:33 p.m.

I agree with you, Running50, the best in my case and many others is to look for a compromise solution.That is part of admitting the idea that each of us, as diabetics, must seek/find the guideline that best suits us, and that makes us feel "as well as possible."
The truth is that with my figures, you do not have to complicate my life much looking for new guidelines, if perhaps small changes that improve something.
And above all, what Sigsauer says, try not to obsess with figures of "non -diabetic person."That, it would be, I think, a real folly and something useless.
We will continue more or less as usual, and some, subscribers, regardless of care, to glycosylated figures, diabetes!

Greetings.

Sorprendido
05/13/2018 6:31 p.m.

"Feliz aquel que reconoce a tiempo que sus deseos no están de acuerdo con sus posibilidades "
Goethe

My case was at first appropriate my body was used to having the levels over 300 in fact my hemo was 10.1 and when I started with insulin I lowered me to 70-80 and I could not bear the symptom but thank you goodbyeOver it and my last hemo in Meno de 4mese, I have lowered it to 5, 4 but I had a very bad time the first week

Rocio36's profile photo
Rocio36
05/13/2018 6:45 p.m.

This "miracle" diets is bringing a lot of controversy and what is more serious@ will generate serious damage.I do not know where that post departed, but the truth is that it has focused as an option to have good control or normal controls and gly, in the end someone will have a scare.You cannot give so happily advice with only with the slogan of what you read online or because it does well, because there will be those who take it with smoking paper and leads to consequences, that when they affect health, which for me areVery serious.It is like recommending an overweight person and who has never exercised that runs every day 20 km and does not eat HC and will lose weight.When all or the vast majority of medical professionals in nutrition coincide in a balanced diet will be because statistically they are right.It is said that these types of diets were used to formerly control diabetes, that does not mean that it was good and had no serious consequences.The insulins were also of animal origin or to measure the sugar was through a reactive urine strip and with colored stripes.Everyone can do what they want in order to be or better possible, but to make it extensible as something for general application and encourage, encourage and induce to try it, it is something else and more when you do not want to be responsible through "with an each oneadjust it to your convenience. "

LuVi's profile photo
LuVi
05/13/2018 6:59 p.m.

DMT1 desde los 12 años (1991)
hbA1c= 5,4

Humalog y Toujeo (mayo 2017)
Humalog y Tresiba (mayo 2016 hasta mayo 2017)
humalog y NPH (desde inicio hasta mayo de 2016)

Each one will do well one thing from my diet remove the HC or I try to eat as much as possible but I have done that testing 70-80me I find a fenenal and I have reached 69 and haora in fast I wake up 70a90 the fast insulin IThey only used toujeo 9 by the night if it will be for the honeymoon that will be easier to control it

Rocio36's profile photo
Rocio36
05/13/2018 7:07 p.m.

@"Rocio36" I am also alone with Toujeo, but I usually do not restrict the HC, yes, they are slow absorption like vegetables and legumes and just take rice or pasta once or twice a week.However, I am not a party of the HC restriction, I personally prefer to take them and compete doing sports.The advantage of being alone with Toujeo is that, apart from having a better control, the cases of hypoglycemia are much lighter, and what I do I think is a good intermediate solution to maintain good control, stay good health and be inGood way without reaching a HC restriction, since as @"luvi" says although people who restrict HC maintain good levels, there is still no serious professional study on the continuous restriction of long -term HC, the people who do itShe is very happy for now, but nobody has been under this regime for 40 or 50 years, for that reason, although restricting them on certain occasions, I prefer to stay a little out.

runing50's profile photo
runing50
05/13/2018 8 p.m.

My dear @"surprised", that is: "The question of the million", "be or feel good", and each one of the dbtcs what we are, we do them and and we answer them ourselves !!anymore, only only !!!
Here, the Forero/As @"Runing50", @"sigsauer", have given you very correct opinions and what they apply them and give them very good results for their glycemic balance;
I can tell you for my part and knowing what a very normal glyco, you feel that you still need to achieve a better result,
This TB gives us to understand what we will never be equal to "the non -dbtcs" but .......... How happy we feel after all the effort that we make and obtain satisfactory results!, it is true that, according to c/one or one, the organism is accustomed to a glycemic level and we endure it well!There is to look for that proper level and leave the coconut and .......... to live life !!

"Trying the best we often spoil what is fine."
William Shakespeare (1564-1616) British writer.

Sweet hugs>: d <

ani's profile photo
ani
05/13/2018 8:12 p.m.

I am pleasantly "surprised" of the answers I am reading for your part in this thread.Nothing to refute them.They all carry their portion of truth, unquestionable and as Luvi says that each one takes what adapts to their convenience.But one thing is clear, neither can one opt, in these times, by a practices or philosophy of diabetes treatment, prior to the discovery of insulin, with the drastic restriction of the H. de C. that sounds like recklessness andMaybe put our fragile metabolic balance at risk.
I keep Ani's message, and especially with his climax, that phrase of W. Shakespeare: "Trying the best, we often spoil, what is fine," I apply it.

Greetings.

Sorprendido
05/14/2018 1:34 p.m.

Goethe

I believe that it is totally normal that if you have the body accustomed to glucose values ​​above normal when you lower normal values, certain symptoms similar to those of hypoglycemia.It happened to me when I have had some time of lack of control that when I return to normal I notice it.I don't think it has anything to do with the diet.Any abrupt change you make in the food will be noticed in one way or another.
That is why in all the comments that I have put on these diets I have said that it is important to inform before and do it little by little.Suddenly lowering hydrates makes the body use especially fat and that requires an adaptation (and more in people who have been used to always burn glucose for years).If the hydrates are lowered, in addition it will enter ketosis and that causes symptoms the first days of a certain discomfort that can be removed or mitigated drinking water and taking more salt.This is because at the beginning the body produces more ketone bodies than they need and are eliminated by the urine so you lose salts and dehydrate a little, hence the discomfort.If you drink more water and take salt the symptoms disappear or are much weaker.In a few days the body is able to adjust the production of ketone bodies to the needs and this no longer happens.That is why you have to get well before doing so.
I have put enough links to information and the Facebook group where there is much: a guide of the important to beginIt is the reference in this, etc.There are more than 500 members and they always answer you when you ask.And there are people who have experience and very informed about these issues.
In the end anything done without knowledge can cause problems.That is why I have always said that you have to inform well and be convinced of what is done.

@"Runing50" Seek the story of Dr Bernstein online and look at his photos.He has been with much more restrictive Low Carb for more than 40 years than the majority do and is perfectly.It has its analytics published there too and with 83 continues to work, doing sports ... cases there are (if you are looking for there are more cases and those that will be anonymous), what happens is that a long -term study has not been done becauseAn intervention study for 40 years is quite unfeasible while very expensive and observational studies do not have enough reliability.In any case, serious studies of such long duration have been carried out with high diets in hydrates (if someone finds any that please put me that I am interested) and nobody questions them.

Also low hydrates diets are put in the same bag and it is not the same to eat with vegetables, strawberry protein and good fats than doing it based on sausages, bacon and refined fats.The same as in a high diet in hydrates is not the same to obtain them from fruits, legumes and whole grains than of refined sugar and flours.So more than a matter of the % of hydrate, I believe that the foods that are chosen matter much more.
Anyway, the diet that each one chooses is something personal.I personally prefer to assume the possible risk of low -hydrates diets (if one day it is seen that there is) than the one that is certain of the complications that bring high blood glucose levels.That this is well demonstrated.

Yessica_A's profile photo
Yessica_A
05/14/2018 1:49 p.m.

DM1 desde 2003 | Toujeo + Humalog | FreeStyle 2 | HbA1c 5.5

Well, I've been two months without trying c.Well, well, I have not seen values ​​of more than 120po, take away sometimes because I have been dying the amount before yesterday, it reaches 243 rice with chicken plus chicken than rice and yesterday macarrones 199

Rocio36's profile photo
Rocio36
05/14/2018 3:40 p.m.

@"Rocio36" in another post digistes that were now only slowly, you had to have put a fast unit because rice and pasta are HC of rapid absorption and rise very fast (to the rice above all).As I said, I eat them or twice a week but I always have to help with a novorapid unit.And anyway I think you remember that you got very few toujeo units, so if you increase the HC even if they are slow absorption, you would have to upload the toujeo a little.

runing50's profile photo
runing50
05/14/2018 4:26 p.m.

I had a navorapi but they have decided to take it away as I will see the same little h of C

Rocio36's profile photo
Rocio36
05/15/2018 2:57 p.m.

I choose to "feel good"
If I feel good, it's because I'm somehow too.Especially psychologically.
When I put on the Free I started to obsess with Glico 5 but it was very sacrificed and limited me a little.So I passed.
Now I have glycos of 6 and I feel great.As of everything in a controlled way (I mean without binge) and live life.
I have the impression that with diabetes we often forget to live.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
05/17/2018 2:48 a.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

I totally agree with you, @ruthbia.It is about feeling good, which, in my case it is also something paradoxical with this disease.There are times that with 90 I'm great, and sometimes I am 230 and ... I also feel good !!!Although of course when you get the test and get that result .... you think and end the well -being, at least the psychological.
It is, above all, to look for that average ground in which you assume care with a "tolerable" sacrifice, especially knowing that this is forever.You have to safeguard the health of the head, the mental, the psychological at all costs, even with some mediocre results.
And above all and the most important thing not to stop living life, because you say very well, often the objective care, and our own level of demand in terms of results prevent it.

All the best

Sorprendido
05/17/2018 12:19 p.m.

Goethe

Estimated surprised:
It is possible that the discomfort that you suffer is due to the addiction to the hydrates !!
It seems to you a sacrifice to have achieved almost normoglycemia !!It would seem to me a success.

I have been trying to approach diabetes for several days.I mean the fact of drastically decreasing the intake of H. de C., idea exposed by @Fer in an article in this forum.It was the philosophy of treatment of this disease, before the appearance of insulin.

And yes, with the great help of Freestyle, I have achieved scandal figures, very close to Normoglycemia but ... this is without living.All morning, the afternoon, between 80 and 110 mg/dl.The feeling of discomfort, the restlessness, does not let me continue along this path.

The explanation seems easy: the body of a diabetic is "accustomed" to abnormally half/high blood glucose figures and carry it, forcing it, to normal figures, of non -diabetic person, leads it to a discomfort difficult to maintain in time.

I ask you, have you had the experience?

It has been my experiment/experience of these days, based on the idea expressed in @Fer's article.

Conclusion: The experiments, we already know, for soda.This is too serious, complex and screwed to be embodied with lures.Even with all the visions of seriousness and foundation.

All the best!

Ismael Forcada Bagant's profile photo
Ismael Forcada Bagant
05/20/2018 12:03 p.m.

@ismma, I think my discomfort comes from the fact of being accustomed, not exactly an addiction to H.de C., but rather to be "accustomed" to blood glucose figures above normal.So, that glycemic normality, that approach to values ​​of non -sick person, with all how laudable it can be, causes a certain discomfort and uneasiness in my case.I also heard it to some other diabetic.
Of course it is sacrificed to try to approach values ​​so close to "non -diabetic" normality.So much, that it is very difficult to keep it in time.Conclusion: It has been for my part an experiment that I will not continue, precisely because of that, for not feeling good.

All the best.

Sorprendido
05/20/2018 12:21 p.m.

Goethe

Estimated surprised:

I understand you, I know how difficult it should be.
ISMA.

Ismael Forcada Bagant's profile photo
Ismael Forcada Bagant
05/20/2018 12:30 p.m.

isma said:
estimated surprised:

I understand you, I know how difficult it should be.
Isma.

Or you know how difficult it is or you do not know, if you are DT1 you will know, if on the contrary you speak for having a relative/known with DT1, forgive to tell you, but I do not think you can reach or steal what it is

LuVi's profile photo
LuVi
05/20/2018 1:47 p.m.

DMT1 desde los 12 años (1991)
hbA1c= 5,4

Humalog y Toujeo (mayo 2017)
Humalog y Tresiba (mayo 2016 hasta mayo 2017)
humalog y NPH (desde inicio hasta mayo de 2016)

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.