{'en': 'Hello, with type 2 diabetes for 10 months, tips?', 'es': 'Hola, con diabetes tipo 2 desde hace 10 meses, ¿consejos?'} Image

Hello, with type 2 diabetes for 10 months, tips?

anlica240404's profile photo   04/21/2020 7:17 p.m.

Hello,

10 months ago I was detected type 2 diabetes, I'm a little lost.

I have pills treatment but with this coronavirus I have not been able to have glucose measurements since I have moved a couple of months ago and my doctor is like 30km where I live.

I live in Mairena del Alcor, Sevilla and I am 47 years old.

Thank you!

anlica240404's profile photo
anlica240404
04/21/2020 7:17 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

@Alica240404, Welcome to the forum.
In these times of Coronavirus we have to stay at home, eat well and do exercise routine.And read a lot on blog and official diabetes pages.

solaria's profile photo
solaria
04/21/2020 7:58 p.m.

Debut 46 â- 2012. DM1. Celiaquía e intolerancia lactosa. Anemia perniciosa.
MiniMed 640g + SmartGuard.

Welcome to the Forum @Alica240404, I hope we can help you !!

fer's profile photo
fer
04/21/2020 7:59 p.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

Welcome!
Take advantage of confinement to learn about diabetes.
Anything, we are seeing here.

anif's profile photo
anif
04/21/2020 8:28 p.m.

DM2 (2019)

Hello I am also new, greeting everyone !!

andresbarcelo's profile photo
andresbarcelo
04/23/2020 5:47 a.m.

@AndresBarcelo Greetings and Welcome.

solaria's profile photo
solaria
04/23/2020 12:35 p.m.

Debut 46 â- 2012. DM1. Celiaquía e intolerancia lactosa. Anemia perniciosa.
MiniMed 640g + SmartGuard.

Welcome, maybe you should try to get a glucose meter to be able to control yourself well.If it is not possible, follow the diet that you have put, exercise and take the medication.All the best.

nigiri's profile photo
nigiri
04/23/2020 4:03 p.m.

DM1 desde 1990 - Fiasp y Toujeo - HG: 6,1

I was thinking of looking for me a meter that is recognized (what then is replaced, because there are very cheap but once you spend the strips you do not find them) and that it is not very expensive that I am without work and very justice of money.I have type 2 diabetes and I don't know the number of times I would have to do the test (1 time a day 1 time ...) Is there any way to get it for free, prescribed or something, at least for the meter?

anlica240404
04/24/2020 1:12 p.m.

I am also from Seville and I am a primary care doctor, if you do not put insulin, the type 2 diabetics, the strips are not financed, it should not be so but the thing is, with oral antidiabetics do not finance them, thestrips cost the same, there are 50 and 100 strips and glucometers because there are many.I have the glucomen but it is very bad, I do not like anything, what happens is that I use them little because I have the free.Ask in pharmacies, glucometers are cheap, some pharmacies even give them, and the strips are worth about 50 euros the 50 -strips package.If you are type 2 diabetic with oral antidiabetics, I think that you make a couple of profiles or three a week, it is enough.The pills do not drop such as insulin, and more than anything it is to see how you are going and if you have to modify the diet or exercise.Profile are six points in the day, before breakfast and two hours later, before lunch and two hours later and before dinner and two hours later.That two or three days a week at most.It is more important in my opinion and it gives you much more information that, not to do it every day on an empty stomach.

meginer's profile photo
meginer
04/24/2020 1:59 p.m.

meginer said:
I am also from Seville and I am a primary care doctor, if you do not put insulin, the type 2 diabetics, they are not financed the strips, it should not be so but so but soThere is the thing, with oral antidiabetics they do not finance them, the strips cost the same, there are 50 and 100 strips and the glucometers because there are many.I have the glucomen but it is very bad, I do not like anything, what happens is that I use them little because I have the free.Ask in pharmacies, glucometers are cheap, some pharmacies even give them, and the strips are worth about 50 euros the 50 -strips package.If you are type 2 diabetic with oral antidiabetics, I think that you make a couple of profiles or three a week, it is enough.The pills do not drop such as insulin, and more than anything it is to see how you are going and if you have to modify the diet or exercise.Profile are six points in the day, before breakfast and two hours later, before lunch and two hours later and before dinner and two hours later.That two or three days a week at most.It is more important in my opinion and it gives you much more information that, not to do it every day on an empty stomach.

Thank you so much.I'm going to stay with all my peted hands if they are 6 a day ... I thought it would be less times ...

anlica240404
04/24/2020 4:19 p.m.

@Meginer Exactly, the measurement of 6 points is the best ... I have never left high to date and since I do the 6 measurement points I have discovered curious things (my mother's meatballs meThey put in 218 !!).

@Alica240404 Everything is getting used to it.I have been scheduled because I want to get pregnant, but I still do it because as I say, the less thought days I get high values ​​and learn something new.

anif's profile photo
anif
04/24/2020 9:28 p.m.

DM2 (2019)

On the Internet you can find much cheaper strips than in pharmacies

Regina's profile photo
Regina
04/25/2020 12:10 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

alelica240404 said:
meginer said:
I am also from Seville and I am a primary care doctor, if you do not put insulin, to the type 2 diabetics,They are not financed by the strips, it should not be so but the thing is, with oral antidiabetics they do not finance them, the strips cost the same, there are 50 and 100 strips and the glucometers because there are many.I have the glucomen but it is very bad, I do not like anything, what happens is that I use them little because I have the free.Ask in pharmacies, glucometers are cheap, some pharmacies even give them, and the strips are worth about 50 euros the 50 -strips package.If you are type 2 diabetic with oral antidiabetics, I think that you make a couple of profiles or three a week, it is enough.The pills do not drop such as insulin, and more than anything it is to see how you are going and if you have to modify the diet or exercise.Profile are six points in the day, before breakfast and two hours later, before lunch and two hours later and before dinner and two hours later.That two or three days a week at most.It is more important in my opinion and it gives you much more information that, not to do it every day on an empty stomach.

Thank you so much.I'm going to stay with all my peted hands if they are 6 a day ... I thought it would be less times ...

Woman, but it is not daily, I tell you about twice a week, anyway, type 1, before the flash or continuous glucose meters came out, we do many more controls and every day, I at least almost10 daily.

meginer's profile photo
meginer
04/25/2020 12:17 p.m.

meginer said:
alelica240404 said:
meginer said:
meginer said:
I am also from Seville and I am a primary care doctor, if you do not put insulin, the type 2 diabetics, the strips are not financed, it should not be so but the thing is, with oral antidiabetics they do not finance them, the strips cost the same, there are 50 and100 strips and glucometers because there are many.I have the glucomen but it is very bad, I do not like anything, what happens is that I use them little because I have the free.Ask in pharmacies, glucometers are cheap, some pharmacies even give them, and the strips are worth about 50 euros the 50 -strips package.If you are type 2 diabetic with oral antidiabetics, I think that you make a couple of profiles or three a week, it is enough.The pills do not drop such as insulin, and more than anything it is to see how you are going and if you have to modify the diet or exercise.Profile are six points in the day, before breakfast and two hours later, before lunch and two hours later and before dinner and two hours later.That two or three days a week at most.It is more important in my opinion and it gives you much more information that, not to do it every day on an empty stomach.

Woman, but it is not daily, I tell you about twice a week, anyway, type 1, before the flash or continuous glucose meters came out, we do many more controls and every day, I at least almost10 daily.

Thank you.Another thing, I'm not a woman;)

anlica240404
04/25/2020 2:37 p.m.

The reactive strips and the lancetas are universal?Do they serve all meters?Each brand has its own "replacement"?

anlica240404
04/25/2020 5:59 p.m.

Thank you very much in advance.

anlica240404
04/25/2020 6 p.m.

@Alica240404

Each brand has its reactive strips!The lancets do not care.With which they take a blood sample, everything serves you.

jldiazdel's profile photo
jldiazdel
04/25/2020 6:08 p.m.

DM1 desde Marzo 2018 (53 años). 7-10 unidades basal: Abasaglar (insulina glargina). NovoRapid. Factor 1.0/1.5.
Vivo en Alemania. CarboH total dia 70-80 gr. Deporte Gym todos dias L-V 1h-2 h
HbA1c 5,5% (Abril 2022)
Dexcom G6

Ask in your pharmacy, there are very tight price glucometers for cases such as yours, in mine we sell that of Cofar for € 27 and includes 25 strips, lancetas and puncture, and the box of 25 strips at € 11.95.If you get a Roche meter, there are boxes of 10 strips for about € 10.Prices depend on each pharmacy, do not have a repair of asking.I don't know the "Chinese" meters but I guess they will go like this but then you don't find strips.At least coufar will give you continuity.And be careful, I'm not trying to sell it!Just inform you.

juanluis1957's profile photo
juanluis1957
04/26/2020 11:19 a.m.

Friend: If you are new to your Diábetes, be very careful;Buy a glucometer and see your glycemia at least 3 times a week you can have quite acceptable control.Remember that Diabetes is a three -legged table is you, medications and your doctor, have a lot of discipline and everything will be fine.Greetings, Alfredo from Venezuela.

HERRERA 's profile photo
HERRERA
04/26/2020 11:23 p.m.

Welcome to the forum!
The number of controls will depend on your treatment.If you take metformin you normally do not need to perform many controls because they will adjust the treatment with glycosylated hemoglobin.
Of course, if you get a glucometer that is of quality because if you cannot drive to error.
The most important thing in your case is that you do physical exercise daily and a correct food.
I have my dietary and nutrition clinic in Seville, in case you need it.

I leave you the clinic phone 📲664110794

Alicia Torrejón
Dietitian-nutritionist
Colg.And 00781
Ceres Nutrition and Health
@ceres_nutrionysalud
www.ceresnutrionysalud.com

Alicia_tc's profile photo
Alicia_tc
05/03/2020 11:52 a.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.