{'en': 'Diabetic Mothers Babies', 'es': 'Bebés de madres diabéticas'} Image

Diabetic Mothers Babies

mcrincon's profile photo   01/26/2020 11:43 a.m.

Hello good!

I open thread to tell how the experiences of giving birth being diabetic and if this pathology has been any consequence for our babies (hypoglycemia at birth, jaundice, cardiac thickening, etc.).

I have been reading the theme of pregnancy and diabetes but is very focused on the control of diabetes during pregnancy.

I would like to focus on this thread towards childbirth and babies.

Greetings to all!

mcrincon's profile photo
mcrincon
01/26/2020 11:43 a.m.

DM tipo 1| Toujeo + NovoRapid | Freestyle 2 + MiaoMiao 2| A1c 6,3 03/22

Hello!I started with gestational diabetes and the Truth was a very controlled pregnancy both by the diet and by insulin, my daughter was born without any complication and the days later with the glycemia in rank.Today I have a lada diabetes and I insulin, I hope and I wish that my daughter does not develop diabetes and that if she does it is in many years.All the best

Cris83's profile photo
Cris83
01/26/2020 3:30 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

I am type 1 diabetic and I have two children.Both were born by caesarean section and hypoglycemia, on the third day every normal, they are already 5 and 9 years old and the two are healthy and perfect

Gloria González Blanco's profile photo
Gloria González Blanco
01/27/2020 12:39 a.m.

cris83 said:
hello!I started with gestational diabetes and the Truth was a very controlled pregnancy both by the diet and by insulin, my daughter was born without any complication and the days later with the glycemia in rank.Today I have a lada diabetes and I insulin, I hope and I wish that my daughter does not develop diabetes and that if she does it is in many years.GREETING

Hello!I do not know if it will be true but once I heard that there is less probability that a child is diabetic when the parent who suffers from it is the mother.I'm glad that everything was fine!

mcrincon's profile photo
mcrincon
01/27/2020 1:30 p.m.

Gloria González Blanco said:
I am type 1 diabetic and I have two children.Both were born by caesarean section and hypoglycemia, on the third day all normal, they are already 5 and 9 years old and the two are healthy and perfect

Good glory, both caesarean sections were programmed?Could you get to week 40?All the best!

mcrincon's profile photo
mcrincon
01/27/2020 1:30 p.m.

mcrincon said:
cris83 said:
hello!I started with gestational diabetes and the Truth was a very controlled pregnancy both by the diet and by insulin, my daughter was born without any complication and the days later with the glycemia in rank.Today I have a lada diabetes and I insulin, I hope and I wish that my daughter does not develop diabetes and that if she does it is in many years.GREETING

Hello!I do not know if it will be true but once I heard that there is less probability that a child is diabetic when the parent who suffers from it is the mother.I'm glad that everything was fine!

I have heard it like that too, if I am wrong, correct me, but it is more likely to be genetic for grandparents, such as my case or by brothers/uncles.

Flappe's profile photo
Flappe
01/27/2020 1:38 p.m.

Very good idea this thread !!I spend my life in pregnancy looking for information on births and I found almost nothing.
I have diabetes since the age of 12 and I had a girl a year and a half ago.My hemoglobins during pregnancy ranged between 5.1 and 5.5 with little glycemic variability.
They made me several fetal electrocardiograms and the perfect heart.
The girl was born with 70 blood glucose and 3.1 kg so perfect, the following.
The delivery caused me in week 38+4, I think that a few allow them to reach 39 or 40 however well controlled you are, it was an induced childbirth with oxytocin but "natural" and everything phenomenal came out.
They put a way with glucose and one with insulin and I looked at my glucose every hour but the 12h delivery was oscillating in the 90-100 so great.
Much encouragement !!

erpla's profile photo
erpla
01/31/2020 1:27 p.m.

DMT1 desde 1994, Bomba de insulina desde 2016, Freestyle+Miaomiao+Xdrip, última Hemo 5.8%

The first was caesarean section because he had high tension, and the second came from buttocks, so TB, but not for diabetes.They told me that it was normal to cause childbirth in week 37 or 38 in the case of diabetic mothers.Regarding the subject inheritances, they told me that the bearer is usually the father, but there is nothing sure, so the best recommendation was healthy eating and try that children are not overweight

Gloria González Blanco's profile photo
Gloria González Blanco
01/31/2020 4:58 p.m.

My older diabetic sister with less than 4 years.2 daughters of 20 and 17 years, healthy.And the births do not find out.Very good values ​​and if neglected, girls fall.Nor does we find out.

moñiño's profile photo
moñiño
02/02/2020 6:29 p.m.

Hello!
I had a perfect pregnancy and I was delivered in week 37. A natural party, a bit slow, but all phenomenal.The boy was born with hypoglycemia (there are many children of non -diabetic mothers who also happen), and at 3 hours all perfect.
You have to control a lot and be careful but you can!With mood and desire you get.
Many kisses

Dulce2012's profile photo
Dulce2012
02/02/2020 10:36 p.m.

DM1 2013

I'm glad all you.After my first childbirth I have looked for more information or experiences and I didn't find anything.Throughout pregnancy nobody informed me what could happen to be type 1 diabetic (or the endocrine, gine, midwife, etc.) so all the birth and postpartum for me was a bit traumatic.
I had a bag fissure in week 35, they left me admitted to induce delivery because I had no contractions.After six hours with oxytocin they decide to suspend induction because I did not advance (then I informed myself and an induction should be slow and wait more hours but well ..) and they made a caesarean section.I could not see my son until almost 24 hours later, he was entered in neonates due to hypoglycemia.Being on the plant other than mine until I couldn't sit in a wheelchair I couldn't go see it.It was 15 days of admission to him and very hard for me because there was very little time flexibility, added to the fact that breastfeeding was not easy (they did not leave me more than 15 min to the chest and then plug at his bottle).Despite all that and with the help of the Sacaleches, once at home we got LM until 9 months.
Now that I am waiting for my second child and the childbirth is coming all this bad experience makes me somewhat nervous for fear of reliving all this.I feel the left!

mcrincon's profile photo
mcrincon
02/02/2020 10:47 p.m.

Much encourage @Mcrincon!
They do not have to repeat the events of your first childbirth, so try to be as calm as possible.

anif's profile photo
anif
02/02/2020 11:11 p.m.

DM2 (2019)

GOOD!!!!!!I found what I wanted !!!!I am with green light since May 2019, I had an abortion in October 2019 and now in June I will resume the search, I am a diabetic since 2000 (I was 14 years old) Ah I have 34 new compliant (good no longer so recently, it was in February) and I want to be a mother because my idea was to have more than one but I needed to look for a thread like this where other girls told me how their waits were with diabetes and pregnancy so keep telling that I have honey of questions for which you haveIt has been mamis, for example, the epidural does not make me any grace and I would like it to be natural birth, that premises put you to cause childbirth and not crack?And another thing, is it true that when they put oxytocin, they leave you in a room alone until it dilates?That story was so cruel that I get obsessed

Chidamy's profile photo
Chidamy
05/06/2020 12:47 p.m.

erpla said:
very good idea this thread !!I spend my life in pregnancy looking for information on births and I found almost nothing.
I have diabetes since the age of 12 and I had a girl a year and a half ago.My hemoglobins during pregnancy ranged between 5.1 and 5.5 with little glycemic variability.
They made me several fetal electrocardiograms and the perfect heart.
The girl was born with 70 blood glucose and 3.1 kg so perfect, the following.
The delivery caused me in week 38+4, I think that a few allow them to reach 39 or 40 however well controlled you are, it was an induced childbirth with oxytocin but "natural" and everything phenomenal came out.
They put a way with glucose and one with insulin and I looked at my glucose every hour but the 12h delivery was oscillating in the 90-100 so great.
Much encouragement !!

Are you my idol, I want a pregnancy and childbirth like yours, how did you get those figures?Count your tricks for fijejeje

Chidamy's profile photo
Chidamy
05/06/2020 12:51 p.m.

@Chidamy because you are going to do it the same or better or you will see, just by seeing the interest you have in knowing everything and looking for info shows that you are interested in everything going well.I had wonderful nurses that glycemia, glucose sensor and insulin pump saw me every 15 days.The limits had them between 90 and 140 and if I climbed from there an alarm sounded to me, yes, I stopped sleeping well because the alarms sounded night if and night too.
The oxytocin in my case was not so ... I don't know in other hospitals.They put it to me, you have in mind that from which they put it to you until you are dilated they can pass 12h (it also depends on whether you put the epidural), they went and returned every little, to control the glucose, the dilation, the contractions, etc ... In all those hours my boy was with me all the time ...
As for provoking deliveryknowing the date of childbirth in advance.

A hug and good luck !!

erpla's profile photo
erpla
05/06/2020 10:24 p.m.

DMT1 desde 1994, Bomba de insulina desde 2016, Freestyle+Miaomiao+Xdrip, última Hemo 5.8%

I'm glad to read you, hopefully I have the same fate

Chidamy's profile photo
Chidamy
05/06/2020 11:17 p.m.

Hello, I am in my second pregnancy with gestational diabetes since week 12 although I already started from possible prediabetes ... My pregnancy was very good for the controls of diabetes, I put myself on behalf of me alone and was born with Forceps but goodThat has nothing to do with diabetes.In the last month of Emebaraz they put insulin at breakfast because they sent me rest and that is why during the birth I had via with insulin and glucose.My baby had no hypoglycemia or any complication.Of course I had super controlled glycemia without insulin, but it cost me mine, because it went out to ride or moved at home after each meal.It was my way and in this pregnancy also my trick to have glycemia under control.

Malenuka's profile photo
Malenuka
05/06/2020 11:17 p.m.

encourage @Malenuka !!!!Surely you get it and everything is going well !!!!Has it cost you a lot to stay?

Chidamy's profile photo
Chidamy
05/07/2020 10:47 a.m.

In the two pregnancies I had my first an abortion of 5-6 weeks, the truth is or the gines call it abortion, but well I hehe and I stayed again a month and then after two months this last time.The truth is 4 times have been very fast, so I can tell you that it has not been a problem for me.What values ​​do you have to have glycemia and hbglycosylated to give you the OK to pregnancy?

Malenuka's profile photo
Malenuka
05/07/2020 10:53 a.m.

@Malenuka;I explain to you, I have the OK since May 2019, in September I became pregnant but like you, in week 6 I lost it, the problem is that they hated me not try again until 6 months would pass for my body for my bodyI was recovered and the six months have passed now so I return to the load in June, I did not understand that they made me wait so long when they had not done anything to throw it away, I threw everything alone.

Chidamy's profile photo
Chidamy
05/07/2020 11 a.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.