{'en': 'Solve doubts about Freestyle Free 2, Miao Miao 2, XDrip.', 'es': 'Resolver dudas sobre FreeStyle Libre 2, Miao Miao 2, Xdrip.'} Image

Solve doubts about Freestyle Free 2, Miao Miao 2, XDrip.

Macarena93's profile photo   05/03/2020 6:40 p.m.

Hi guys,

We are opening a lot of issues of doubts regarding free patches 2 and how to turn them into MCG (continuous glucose monitors) each is doing it in our own way (patching app, miao miao 2, etc ...) and unintentionally we areCreating a lot of topics and I am answering similar things (and asking) in different places, so I have done this topic to put all the doubts we have about this and so if new people need it too.

Interest links:

Download xDrtip: Link

Free Patch tutorial for free 2: Link

Nightscout Spain Group with tutorials and resolve doubts: Link

OFFICIAL WEB MIAO MIAO: Link the section of frequent questions may help you.

Macarena93's profile photo
Macarena93
05/03/2020 6:40 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

In the XDrip thread there are several answers, I put link with parcgeada app tutorial

Danielita76's profile photo
Danielita76
05/03/2020 8:15 p.m.

Mamá de Tomás 10 años. Dt1 hace 5 años. Con Iport y free1+Bubble mini. Argentina.
Tresiba 9u y Lispro.

You are right @danielita76 I add those links here and some other interest.I add them to the main message so that it is easier to find them.

Macarena93
05/03/2020 8:46 p.m.

I remind you that patching the official app implies losing the calibrations of the slope.Greetings.

etogonza's profile photo
etogonza
05/03/2020 10:24 p.m.

ethogonza said:
I remember that patching the official app implies losing the pending calibrations.Greetings.

I didn't know.What exactly does it imply?I mean that the patching freesty data passes to Xdrip, in XDrip we continue to calibrate (no?) But how does it have to run with the OOP algorithm instead of the original XDrip, calibrate differently (?).

@TOGONZA: Could you explain a little more implications of losing slope calibrations?Would it work how to uncheck the "Allow Non-Fixed Free Slopes" box?

This is important, since by saving an external BT issuer, we lose something more important: some precision.Is that so?Thank you!

Normally caliber once approximately every 24 hours and only when you are doing a plane.Those original XDRIP calibrations work for pearls with respect to capillaries with ACCU Check Aviva.On the other hand, the free reader usually goes with +- 20 of difference, almost always below the real: Cuano I am in capillary in 80, XDrip marks it well, but the reader says 65-72, approx.

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
05/04/2020 11:06 a.m.

mloureiro said:
ethogonza said:
I remember that patching the official app implies losing the calibrations of the slope.Greetings.

I didn't know.What exactly does it imply?I mean that the patching freesty data passes to Xdrip, in XDrip we continue to calibrate (no?) But how does it have to run with the OOP algorithm instead of the original XDrip, calibrate differently (?).

@TOGONZA: Could you explain a little more implications of losing slope calibrations?Would it work how to uncheck the "Allow Non-Fixed Free Slopes" box?

This is important, since by saving an external BT issuer, we lose something more important: some precision.Is that so?Thank you!

Normally caliber once approximately every 24 hours and only when you are doing a plane.Those original XDRIP calibrations work for pearls with respect to capillaries with ACCU Check Aviva.On the other hand, the free reader usually goes with +- 20 of difference, almost always below the real: Cuano I am in capillary in 80, XDrip marks it well, but the reader says 65-72, approx.

Indeed, the reason why I am going to try with Miao Miao 2 and not with the patching app is because according to @etogonza you can only calibrate 20 above or below, if you get a sensor with a further fault range, thanThere are, you can't calibrate like when you carry Miao Miao.I don't know if there really is a way to solve it.

Macarena93
05/04/2020 2:34 p.m.

For wanting to follow the recommendations of the NightScout FB forum (the guide that appears) I have installed the official application together with the other.Result: I have lost the association of the application with the sensor and therefore continuous readings.Last time I got the information poured into that forum.

etogonza's profile photo
etogonza
05/04/2020 2:42 p.m.

As I understand it, you have to uninstall the officer and install the other, with that it is with which you start a new sensor, this process must do it., you can already install the original but cannot coexist the two cdo you are installing.I understand that it can then install the original to continue measuring you at least three or four times a day so that the endocrine can continue to see your data.
Anyway, I have not decided to.They have ever done, I notice covers anything as it is logical, and the truth is preferred qche not risk.

meginer's profile photo
meginer
05/04/2020 7:06 p.m.

If you have a mobile without NFC , what solution is there to use the freestyle 2?
-I can't install the LibreLink on my mobile, therefore I can't use the xDrip with freestyle 2
-My reader is old, so Freestyle 2 alarms do not work
-Miao 2, does not detect the freestyle 2 sensor

: '(:' (: '((

morganeta's profile photo
morganeta
05/05/2020 6:35 p.m.

Diabética desde 2002
Tresiba y Fiasp

morganeta said:
if you have a mobile without NFC , what solution is there to use the freestyle 2?
-I can't install the LibreLink on my mobile, therefore I can't use the xDrip with freestyle 2

: '(:' (: '(

Hello, Miao 2 is only going to detect the sensor if you have started it with the official FreeLink app or with a reader, so you need mobile with NFC Peeeero I have good news, they already sell the free freestyle reader 2 on the Spanish websiteFrom Abott Link
They have it for sale since yesterday, so this would solve your problem, since you could start the sensors with the reader and I think it includes alarms as well as the mobile app, but I cannot confirm this since I have not tried it andIt only has been for sale for two days.
I don't know if Miao 2 recognized it if you start it with the reader instead of with the mobile app, but it should, since it was with the free sisters 1.

Macarena93
05/05/2020 7:24 p.m.

morganeta said:
if you have a mobile without NFC , what solution is there to use the freestyle 2?

Hello, Miao 2 is only going to detect the sensor if you have started it with the official FreeLink app or with a reader, so you need mobile with NFC Peeeero I have good news, they already sell the free freestyle reader 2 on the Spanish websiteFrom Abott Link
They have it for sale since yesterday, so this would solve your problem, since you could start the sensors with the reader and I think it includes alarms as well as the mobile app, but I cannot confirm this since I have not tried it andIt only has been for sale for two days.
I don't know if Miao 2 recognized it if you start it with the reader instead of with the mobile app, but it should, since it was with the free sisters 1.

Macarena93
05/05/2020 7:24 p.m.

Hello everyone,
I tell you my experience with the free 2.
I am AAPS user, with clock, bomb ...
I used Xdrip+, but with free sensors 2 it doesn't work.
The patching app I have not had webox to ride it.
I have asked people from groups to put it, but nobody shares it to me.
To continue with CGM and AAPS, I found a regular solution.
I installed tomato, I upload the data to NS and from there AAPS reads the values ​​and regulates.
Objective achieved, satisfaction 75%.

I prefer Xdrip and prefer Miao 2, who fails me, the bubble, much more precious, my Miao goes to jump and fails 30% battery.
Until something else develops for free 2 this is an easy solution for CGM and AAPS.

Greetings

Antoniora's profile photo
Antoniora
05/10/2020 4:47 p.m.

@Antoniora Tomato with Miao 1 No?I guess
I am going to try everything, APP patching, Miao 2 ... with XDrip, to see if I get something to go to Tomato, I don't like that app anything

Macarena93
05/10/2020 5:03 p.m.

Hello, we are free at the moment1 + Miao + XDrip
We do not have or use another app, neither freeLink nor anything.We are doubt about whether with free2, we have to use LibreLink (or another) or we can free2 + xDrip (only without mine)
Thank you

Juanmaroru's profile photo
Juanmaroru
05/10/2020 7:21 p.m.

Mine is tomato+miao 2+free2+aaps.
XDrip, it does not work with free 2, or with the algorithm, because the algorithm for US is supposed to.
Tomato exports to NS and NS to AAPS.Miao on Medium.com has the algorithm, but it didn't work for me with XDRIP.
I do not apply so well because the calibrations in tomato are not as good as in XDrip, I mark me +10 units in blood, so in AAPS I had to change the range of blood values ​​for hypos.

Antoniora
05/10/2020 8:06 p.m.

@Antoniora The truth is that I have no wishes to go to Tomato, is it true that to have sugar followers and be able to join Nigthscout, do you have to pay the premium version of 5 dollars?I am tired of leaving me money everywhere with this disease the truth.I will try as I say when myo miao 2 arrives with xDrip, with the algorithm and such there are people who say that if it works, I have asked people out of this forum and say yes, and in this forum there are people who have commented the same thing the same thingI don't understand why there is so much disparity of opinions.It will have to try all the methods, FreeLink Pathers + XDrip, Miao Miao 2 + XDrrip and Miao Miao 2 + Tomato and to see which one it works and which no and which one is doing better.In a week I will tell you that it is when I change to the free sensors 2.

Macarena93
05/10/2020 8:13 p.m.

@Macarena93, I gave me 1 month of Tomato Premium version, the app itself.In the free version you can raise the data to NS without limitation.

Antoniora
05/10/2020 9:31 p.m.

macarena93 said:
@antoniora The truth is that I have no wishes to go to Tomato, it is true that to have sugar followers and be able to join Nigthscout you have to pay the premium version of 5 dollars 5 dollars?I am tired of leaving me money everywhere with this disease the truth.I will try as I say when myo miao 2 arrives with xDrip, with the algorithm and such there are people who say that if it works, I have asked people out of this forum and say yes, and in this forum there are people who have commented the same thing the same thingI don't understand why there is so much disparity of opinions.It will have to try all the methods, FreeLink Pathers + XDrip, Miao Miao 2 + XDrrip and Miao Miao 2 + Tomato and to see which one it works and which no and which one is doing better.In a week I will tell you that it is when I change to the free sensors 2.

@Macarena93 I have managed to function freelink patch.I was testing the original app 5 because it gave me a fault when installing both and is a kK.It gives alarms for postpandrial upload peaks all the time that then measures at 5 minutes and you are no longer at that high value.And in the descents the same.I don't know others but with Xdrip and the patching app does not happen to me.The curve is much softer when taking an average of 5 minutes and so the alarms do not jump so much.The pain that you cannot calibrate but for me the precision is quite good with the capillary.To see it you have to activate to see the values ​​every minute in the graph.Then when making the capillary it puts it in the graph about 10 minutes ahead of the current time because well when that time passes and takes the measurement of the sensor to the reading of the free2 passes me just over the capillary value.

etogonza's profile photo
etogonza
05/11/2020 10:28 p.m.

@TOGONZA As there is still no news of my Miao 2 and I have to start with a patch of free 2 in three days I will use this first patch with the patching app to see how such, I have a doubt about it, when you install the patching appAsk ABBOTT account and if so, what do you have in the original app or have you created a new one?

Macarena93
05/11/2020 10:32 p.m.

@Macarena93 does not ask you to remember

etogonza's profile photo
etogonza
05/11/2020 10:51 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.