{'en': "Because others and I can't ... control diabetes", 'es': 'Porque los demás si y yo no puedo... controlar la diabetes'} Image

Because others and I can't ... control diabetes

Betty's profile photo   05/24/2020 6:16 p.m.

Hello!!

It is the first time I write and I really don't know how to start ...

I am 37 years old and with type 1 diabetes since 95.

I have really never managed to control glycemia ...

I have come to have 11 of hemoglobin and currently at 8.3 ... even high, for a few years they see me the revision of the ophthalmologist saw me slight microneurisms at the bottom of the eye (something that finished sinking me) ... andAlthough the thing is the same but they are ...

Change endocrine and it seems that I saw the light a bit ... I went down to 7.4 the hemo (super happy ... I didn't believe it) ...

I was like this for years until I got pregnant, and I suffered an abortion at two months supposedly due to bad control and the three-fashion (22 units) and FIASP 2-8-2

This already sank me more ... They changed myself to Novorapid and Toujeo ...

And I am not hired yet, I have taken fear of the descents, I am in psychological treatment and I still have bad ... and to finish I have been with palpitations, weight loss and grades on the shoulders and more discouraged in case it is hyperthyroidism ...What was missing !!

Tostón conclusion ...

It's because I never managed to control the disease !!!

Thanks for your support!

Betty's profile photo
Betty
05/24/2020 6:16 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

@Betty

Wow a lot

But encourage you don't despair!It is hard and we all understand you.But don't give the battle for loss.You have a lot of life ahead

Try to control your glycemia again.Don't throw the towel !!

A hug

jldiazdel's profile photo
jldiazdel
05/24/2020 7:48 p.m.

DM1 desde Marzo 2018 (53 años). 7-10 unidades basal: Abasaglar (insulina glargina). NovoRapid. Factor 1.0/1.5.
Vivo en Alemania. CarboH total dia 70-80 gr. Deporte Gym todos dias L-V 1h-2 h
HbA1c 5,5% (Abril 2022)
Dexcom G6

Have you tried a continuous meter?

Sherpa41's profile photo
Sherpa41
05/24/2020 9:11 p.m.

En 1922 descubrieron la insulina, en 1930 la insulina lenta. ¿Que c*** han hecho desde entonces?

Betty, I was superdepressed for not having controlled diabetes no matter howAnd with great fear because I had brutal drops, but since I use the freestyle meter, the truth is that I am much better controlled and hemoglobin and my life has improved a lot.

Montsevn's profile photo
Montsevn
05/24/2020 9:32 p.m.

jldiazdel said:
@betty

Wow a lot

But encourage you don't despair!It is hard and we all understand you.But don't give the battle for loss.You have a lot of life ahead

Try to control your glycemia again.Don't throw the towel !!

A hug

Thank you very much .... I will accept that what I live can live in in the best way .. Although the quality of life I do not know ...

Betty's profile photo
Betty
05/24/2020 10:11 p.m.

sherpa41 said:
have you tried with a continuous meter?

Yes ... I have the meter since October and the graphics looks like a guy ...

Betty's profile photo
Betty
05/24/2020 10:12 p.m.

Montsevn said:
Betty, I was superdepressed for not having controlled diabetes no matter how much I did, in addition to changing my life in relation to my passion for the mountain, in any of its facets, since I could not do the same as then I had done and with much fear because I had brutal drops, but since I use the freestyle meter, the truth is that I am much better controlled and hemoglobin and my life has improved a lot.>

If I have the meter ... For example, this afternoon, I had 145 hours with the arrow down ... I have eaten a medium banana and now at dinner I have 255 .... a mess !!And I should be an expert with the years I have been but I think I'm going worse ... thank you very much

Betty's profile photo
Betty
05/24/2020 10:14 p.m.

If you got to improve both the glyc, is that you can get it.From what you say with the Tesiba you were much better.
I believe that now they are approving it in pregnancies.
If you were doing well with the Tresiba, that's the important thing.First take care of yourself.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
05/26/2020 1:34 a.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

regina said:
If you got to improve both the glyc, you can get it.From what you say with the Tesiba you were much better.
I believe that now they are approving it in pregnancies.
If you were doing well with the Tresiba, that's the important thing.First take care of yourself.

Thank you very much .. I think I will return to the Tresiba and Fiasp ...
I got the doctor to do some analysis to see where these palpitations and shoulder calcification come from ...

Betty's profile photo
Betty
05/26/2020 12:26 p.m.

Do you tell carbohydrates?Do you eat for "rations"?
You have removed the epigraph of the mouth.I give a lot of bands, and although I have learned a lot I still do not dominate it and take unexpected surprises.Patience.I use three (14) and flasp (according to glycemia) and I don't complain.I know that all failures are mine for taking things that do not know how many HC contain.Good luck and tell us, nobody said it was easy;)

Paco Iriarte Vañó's profile photo
Paco Iriarte Vañó
05/31/2020 11:17 a.m.

Hi Betty
Stability has 2 pillars:
1.- How many times you verify your glycemia level, it is easier to have it controlled
2.- The fewer comas rations, the lower your peaks will be
Try to eat food with low glycemic index, control yourself often (with free-style it is much easier) and remember that if you eat many fats (animal or vegetable) your blood glucose level will be hours going up

The banana is one of the fastest fruits, if you eat one to 145, you should inject insulin.
Meter arrows are orientative;Think that when you just inject quickly, but after a while the sugar can rise again (without having eaten anything) why the hydrates are still being absorbed

Patience and many readings (maybe you can program them on the mobile)

JOlle's profile photo
JOlle
05/31/2020 1:11 p.m.

There are times that the control is very difficult when anti -iry antibodies appear, there are rare cases that I have read, although I do not know if it is proven.
But the normal thing is that it can be controlled quite well right with the treatment.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
05/31/2020 4:25 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

According to everything they have told you and I add: you are a candidate to put on a bomb, together with the continuous meter you will have the appropriate instruments to control (more or less) your glycemia.Now the second part, I see you very fear and anxiety.Plant a visits to a psychologist who teach you to live without that weight, who also contributes a lot to destabilize blood glucose.

juanluis1957's profile photo
juanluis1957
05/31/2020 8:37 p.m.

Hello, I completely agree, the same thing happened to me, since I use the 640g bomb and everything you can imagine, I change my life, now I sleep calmly and the anxiety so great it was gone, although not yetI am as I would like.Try to see a psychologist because this disease kills the mind.Strength and try to educate what you can most control for.I have been dm1 and only 3 years with a bomb for 11 years.I have 6.4 and I can't believe it.
Do not despair that you can do it, little by little you will leave this stress.
A hug from Chile.

eugenia's profile photo
eugenia
06/02/2020 1:14 a.m.

paco Iriarte Vañó said:
Do you tell carbohydrates?Do you eat for "rations"?
You have removed the epigraph of the mouth.I give a lot of bands, and although I have learned a lot I still do not dominate it and take unexpected surprises.Patience.I use three (14) and flasp (according to glycemia) and I don't complain.I know that all failures are mine for taking things that do not know how many HC contain.Good luck and tell us, nobody said it was easy;)

If I count the hydrates ... I was going better until I was embaraza and for bad luck I had an abortion according to my endocrine for the three -one ... With the new treatment I am worse controlled and each diabetico is a world ... days agoThat hyperthyroidism diagnosed me, even though it is very slight and I already have medication, when it regulates my endocrine that the rest will be regulated ..
I'll tell you and encourage you too
Thank you

Betty's profile photo
Betty
06/02/2020 1:01 p.m.

jolle said:
hello betty
Stability has 2 pillars:
1.- How many times you verify your glycemia level, it is easier to have it controlled
2.- The fewer comas rations, the lower your peaks will be
Try to eat food with low glycemic index, control yourself often (with free-style it is much easier) and remember that if you eat many fats (animal or vegetable) your blood glucose level will be hours going up

The banana is one of the fastest fruits, if you eat one to 145, you should inject insulin.
Meter arrows are orientative;Think that when you just inject quickly, but after a while the sugar can rise again (without having eaten anything) why the hydrates are still being absorbed

Patience and many readings (maybe you can program them on the mobile)

Thank you very much, I have to be patient because every day is a different story with glucose ...

Betty's profile photo
Betty
06/02/2020 1:13 p.m.

regina said:
There are times that control is very difficult when anti -coat antibodies appear, there are rare cases that I have read, although I do not know if it is proven.
But the normal thing is that it can be controlled quite well with the treatment.

Little by little .... Luckily I have a quite good endocrine medical team and patiently suppose it will be achieved
Thank you so much

Betty's profile photo
Betty
06/02/2020 1:15 p.m.

Juanluis1957 said:
according to everything they have told you and I add: you are a candidate to put on a bomb, together with the continuous meter you will have the appropriate instruments to control (more or less) yourGlycemia.Now the second part, I see you very fear and anxiety.Plant a visits to a psychologist who teaches you to live without that weight, who also contributes a lot to destabilize blood glucose.

I raised it to my endocrine about putting the bomb and told me that for the moment not, as for visits to the psychologist I am already in therapy for a few months ... Thank you very much

Betty's profile photo
Betty
06/02/2020 1:17 p.m.

eugenia said:
hello, I completeThe great anxiety that I had is gone, although I am not yet as I would like.Try to see a psychologist because this disease kills the mind.Strength and try to educate what you can most control for.I have been dm1 and only 3 years with a bomb for 11 years.I have 6.4 and I can't believe it.
Do not despair that you can do it, little by little you will leave this stress.
A hug from Chile.

I raised it to my endocrine and told me that for the moment I do not ... I have to be patient and although now I was diagnosed by hyperthyroidism, I have to focus on regulating the thyroid and the rest little by little .... Thank you very much

Betty's profile photo
Betty
06/02/2020 1:20 p.m.

Hi Betty.I think that a good medical team should help you to achieve good controls.Maybe you can give them time, if you have the feeling that everything is improving.But if not, if you are unhappy and disappointed for not being able to carry good glycemia, I do not understand why they do not give you the pump option.I think you have to fight for yourself, demand that they allow you to use the technology available, and educate yourself a lot to act in the best possible way in each situation.Here in this forum a user happened to me to read that they have helped me a lot.It is a disease that is hard and exhausting, but you really do not hesitate for a moment that you cannot achieve it.Now and more and more there are better tools.Do not give up and much encouragement!A hug

ine_milo's profile photo
ine_milo
06/02/2020 7:38 p.m.

De Argentina.. Debut con 11 meses.. Usamos inyecciones (tresiba y novorrapid). Sensor Freestyle libre 1.
Tenemos pedida bomba Medtronic 670G.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.