New technologies

cpesss's profile photo   06/30/2020 11:15 p.m.

Good night.
I have been because of 14 and a half years with DM1 and I continue with glucometer and bolis.I have no intention of putting myself a bomb or continuous meter (since I see that they fail frequently, and it does not mark the exact glucose you have in blood, you take off the patches, etc).Although I have to click on my fingers, I don't care too much because I trust more and I have the body free of patches and bomb.I don't know if I'm the only "weirdo" who thinks like that hehe but each person is a world.Some prefer to prick less and others prefer to be free of devices by the body and when I measure me to see the exact glucose in blood.I insulin I am with threeiba + apidra and the glucometer is the glycomen areo.
All the best.

cpesss's profile photo
cpesss
06/30/2020 11:15 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

@cpesss

Hello, well each one really is free to choose what works best.If you have a good HB and you don't mind clicking, well.But I assure you that Dexcom works very well.It is impressive.And it allows you to do sports safely.Well, in fact in winter I could not ski in the background if it were not for the sensor.Imagine stopping with fewer degrees to click your finger and see how you are glucose!

It only has one problem, it is very expensive.About 1000 euros every three months.I cover the insurance here, but in Spain it is very unfortunate that they only cover Abbott (that if that can give you problems) and for what I read in the forum, not everyone gives it to everyone.

If one day you want to try and your pocket allows it, I assure you that when you use Dexcom G6 you will discover a new world.You will really see your glucose curves and will improve your control even more.I have no doubt.It also has alarms, it is a real MCG.

All the best

jldiazdel's profile photo
jldiazdel
07/02/2020 4:54 p.m.

DM1 desde Marzo 2018 (53 años). 7-10 unidades basal: Abasaglar (insulina glargina). NovoRapid. Factor 1.0/1.5.
Vivo en Alemania. CarboH total dia 70-80 gr. Deporte Gym todos dias L-V 1h-2 h
HbA1c 5,5% (Abril 2022)
Dexcom G6

jldiazdel said:
@cpess

Hello, well each one really is free to choose what works best.If you have a good HB and you don't mind clicking, well.But I assure you that Dexcom works very well.It is impressive.And it allows you to do sports safely.Well, in fact in winter I could not ski in the background if it were not for the sensor.Imagine stopping with fewer degrees to click your finger and see how you are glucose!

It only has one problem, it is very expensive.About 1000 euros every three months.I cover the insurance here, but in Spain it is very unfortunate that they only cover Abbott (that if that can give you problems) and for what I read in the forum, not everyone gives it to everyone.

If one day you want to try and your pocket allows it, I assure you that when you use Dexcom G6 you will discover a new world.You will really see your glucose curves and will improve your control even more.I have no doubt.It also has alarms, it is a real MCG.

GREETING

Medtronic 670g vs.Dexcom G6 vs.Freestyle free, which one do you stay with?

DavidAG2000's profile photo
DavidAG2000
07/02/2020 5:36 p.m.

cpess said:
good night.
I have been because of 14 and a half years with DM1 and I continue with glucometer and bolis.I have no intention of putting myself a bomb or continuous meter (since I see that they fail frequently, and it does not mark the exact glucose you have in blood, you take off the patches, etc).Although I have to click on my fingers, I don't care too much because I trust more and I have the body free of patches and bomb.I don't know if I'm the only "weirdo" who thinks like that hehe but each person is a world.Some prefer to prick less and others prefer to be free of devices by the body and when I measure me to see the exact glucose in blood.I insulin I am with threeiba + apidra and the glucometer is the glycomen areo.
All the best.

I think the same as you.That of carrying a patch with a wire stuck in the skin, always, is the most uncomfortable in the world (I tried a few months).And to wear a cannula for the pump or imagine it.

But as Jzdiel says there are situations where it is almost essential to carry a continuous monitor.Although they are not very exact, they serve you to give you some peace of mind.

And I, when Sugarbeat comes out, a continuous meter that has nothing nailed under the skin I give it a chance

Sherpa41's profile photo
Sherpa41
07/02/2020 7:16 p.m.

En 1922 descubrieron la insulina, en 1930 la insulina lenta. ¿Que c*** han hecho desde entonces?

@Davidag2000

I have only tried Freestyle and now Dexcom and wins with a lot of difference Dexcom.Nothing to see.I can't think about Medtronic.

Here they begin to admit the Roche insurance.My endocrine told me that they have improved a lot.Lasts 6 months.It only has the inconvenience of the insertion (5 minutes) in the arm.She told me that it is little and that the connection has improved a lot.In fact he told me whenever you want we put it on you.It seems to me a very interesting option.If Dexcom gave me allergy in the skin I will probably try it.But for now DG6 works very well.And the Bepanthen cream that I get later recovers my skin in about two days.

All the best

jldiazdel's profile photo
jldiazdel
07/02/2020 9:23 p.m.

DM1 desde Marzo 2018 (53 años). 7-10 unidades basal: Abasaglar (insulina glargina). NovoRapid. Factor 1.0/1.5.
Vivo en Alemania. CarboH total dia 70-80 gr. Deporte Gym todos dias L-V 1h-2 h
HbA1c 5,5% (Abril 2022)
Dexcom G6

My daughter debuted in April with 16 months of age, so you can imagine the wonder that is for the family to use Dexcom and that alarms us when her low glucose, since she does not speak and shows no symptoms, the truth is that it is quite precise, and she being so small or notes that she has it, she never touches her or anything, apart from pain when you apply, she has never complained, maybe if I stop to think it is something selfish "force it" to go with something that does notIt is natural in your body, but not to know how the poor people would have, because I think it would prick every 20 minutes😣
All the best

Leeef's profile photo
Leeef
07/03/2020 midnight

davidag2000 said:

Medtronic 670g is a type of insulin pump that carries the Sensor 3 Sensor Sensor (without a pump it does not work as MCG) unlike Dexcom or the free freestyle flash system that are meters without the need for pump to use them 😉

sil's profile photo
sil
07/05/2020 11:17 a.m.

FreeStyle Libre + MiaoMiao / Tresiba + Fiasp
DM1. Última HbA1c: 5,7%

sil said:
davidag2000 said:
>

Medtronic 670g is a type of insulin pump that carries the Sensor 3 Sensor Sensor (without a pump it does not work as MCG) unlike Dexcom or the free freestyle flash system that are meters without the need for pump to use them 😉

With Dexcom I referred to Dexcom + Tandem, which is what they finance.

DavidAG2000
07/05/2020 12:29 p.m.

Things, because the truth is that new meters have changed my life, and I do not do without them, I do not know how to click more or less but to have good control, that after all it is what youIt will give more security in the future of having the least possible complication.With the strips, no matter how much you say, it is not the same, you cannot measure every half hour, well, if you can, but it is not very feasible, if you have an unnoticed nocturnal hypo, it does not warn you, I have had a lot of peace of mind,If you do sports then, I do not conceive that a type 1 diabetic does not have a flask or continuous meter, I do not know what control you have, if you have a good gydate and you do not have fat high.That is achieved with a meter, with the strips it is complicated because you only measure yourself in a timely manner, with a meter you see the curve, when it goes up and low, you see what your glucose does according to what you eat and you can learn to meet youBetter and know for the next time.I have passed in a few months since I use it, from 7.8 to 6.2 of h glyd.I use the free, that the dexcom is better, but it is doing very well, practically nail with the capillary or very little difference.I recommend it to you all, the bombs is something else although I see it good but I get well controlled well without it, but the meter I see it essential for a type 1 diabetic Q requires continuous controls.

meginer's profile photo
meginer
07/06/2020 1:40 p.m.

cpess said:
good night.
All the best.

cpess said:
good night.
All the best.

I carry the freestyle and an insulin bomb, as for the bomb is truly a bit pain although it must be recognized that it is very difficult to bring the glycemia that I carry without it but as for the freestyle to me it is very good to me is more precise is more preciseWhat I expected to practically give me the same results as the glucometer and now it also has the necessary alarms, I don't need to spend the paston on a Dexcom.

ref666's profile photo
ref666
07/06/2020 8:38 p.m.

Good, my experience with free2 is equal to what is commented by here and nail the glycemia of the capillary.This is no longer like free 1, Abbot has put the batteries and without having tried Dexcom personally I would have no advantage using a G6, larger, less battery, readings every 5 min instead of 1 ...

Regarding the main theme, because you want me to tell you there is a saying that says there is no more blind than the one who does not want to see ...

Greetings

etogonza's profile photo
etogonza
07/06/2020 9:17 p.m.

It is clear that each one is a world and about preferences there is nothing written, but to me the continuous measurement sensors seem to me a full -fledged invents.I use the Free Style and I do very well (for now, the free 1 but I am looking forward to trying the free 2, for your comments).As you have already told you, it is the only way to review the glycemia at any time and anywhere, and to know how evolution has been throughout the day, to know how different foods and exercise in them influence.Come on, I couldn't live without it.As for being annoying to carry, I do not notice it at all or ever take off.The truth is that I only see advantages, they help a lot for a type 1 diabetic to control and better understand the disease.

Carussa's profile photo
Carussa
07/07/2020 9:21 a.m.

DM1 desde octubre de 2019 | Toujeo + Fiasp | FreeStyle | febrero 2023: HbA1c 5,7

As for pump+mgc.This is also AAPS with the Rochey bombs the MCG of the Free or Dexcom.It is a system made by and for diabetics and in many ways this shows a lot.It is not a commercial system with its advantages and its inconveniences.For me it is the one that comes best to me

carlos70's profile photo
carlos70
07/07/2020 10:45 a.m.

I have the option to use free freeyle 2 + feathers, or MEDTRONIC 670G or DEXCOM G6 + Tandem X2 Slim pump system.What do you recommend?

I am currently using free freeyle + miaomiao and feathers.I have never been a user of insulin bomb.

DavidAG2000
07/12/2020 12:24 a.m.

Hello
I have been diabetic for 41 years and I spent a little like @cpess I didn't wantTo be during the change ... until I did with threeiba .... blablablabla
I totally agree with
@jldiazdel, Dexcom G6 has changed my life !!!And not only because it costs a paste, it is worth it really
For me the best !!!
If you can prepare it

Repipa's profile photo
Repipa
07/12/2020 10:57 a.m.

Tresiba 14 unidades a las 14:00 horas
Novorapid a demanda,pluma júnior medias unidades
MCG Dexcom G6
43 años diabética 💪

repipa said:
hello
I have been diabetic for 41 years and I spent a little like @cpess I didn't wantTo be during the change ... until I did with threeiba .... blablablabla
I totally agree with
@jldiazdel, Dexcom G6 has changed my life !!!And not only because it costs a paste, it is worth it really
For me the best !!!
If you can prepare it

Do you use dexcom with bomb?

DavidAG2000
07/12/2020 11:23 a.m.

No
I use the Dexcom G6 with Tresiba and Novorapid with feathers of half units and I am delighted !!!

Repipa's profile photo
Repipa
07/12/2020 3:21 p.m.

MCG Dexcom G6
43 años diabética 💪

repipa said:
no
I use the Dexcom G6 with threeiba and novorapid with feathers of half units and I am delighted !!!

I think that Dexcom only finances me with a bomb.

DavidAG2000
07/12/2020 3:33 p.m.

It is true, that we have been in favor or totally reluctant to the bomb ... I am one of the second,
But as for the MCG I am a fan of Dexcom G6.It is very consistent but I prefer to deprive myself of other things ... It is worth it because it gives you incredible peace of mind !!!!And that I put it only for 3 months and I have been a year and a half
If I can continue with him.
I think those who carry a bomb in some hospitals is financed by the SS, like October 12 in Madrid
Ask your endocrine first

Repipa's profile photo
Repipa
07/12/2020 3:35 p.m.

MCG Dexcom G6
43 años diabética 💪

repipa said:
is true, that those who have been in favor or totally reluctant to the bomb ... I am of the seconds,
But as for the MCG I am a fan of Dexcom G6.It is very consistent but I prefer to deprive myself of other things ... It is worth it because it gives you incredible peace of mind !!!!And that I put it only for 3 months and I have been a year and a half
If I can continue with him.
I think those who carry a bomb in some hospitals is financed by the SS, like October 12 in Madrid
Ask your endocrine first

Yes, they finance it only with a bomb.I am almost certain.Do you pay for it?

DavidAG2000
07/12/2020 4:54 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.