{'en': 'Lose weight', 'es': 'Perder peso'} Image

Lose weight

meginer's profile photo   07/14/2020 8:35 p.m.

Good afternoon,

I don't know if this has already come out several times but I would like to know your experience.

I measure 158 and now weight 66 kg.The same thing happened to me about two years when my hypothyroidism was unjust, I had a TSH of 30 with normal T4, we went up and I started to lose weight and stayed in 60.

During this confinement, we have been more tpo at home, still I have continued to exercise daily and eating the same, although I imagine that the stress of work is not the same.

The point is that when the state of alarm ended and we started to work in person, I took advantage and did analytical, thinking that the thyroid would be bad, just like it happened again but it was not so.

So I don't know what to do, I have a low diet in HC, I go to the gym now every day, and instead of losing sometimes I even put.

I am with threeiba 16 you at night and Humalog 5-3-4, varying according to food although like few hydrates, and I get little fast, cdo more in the morning, I imagine than the alba effect.

I wanted to ask those who have a problem losing weight or you have had, what you have done, I no longer know if the insulin can gain weight but I do not believe and less are you quantities.

Thank you.

meginer's profile photo
meginer
07/14/2020 8:35 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Hi @meginer, how do you have the TSH?In order for the thyroid to work properly it has to be below 2, even so, hypothyroidism makes your metabolism slow so that we have this problem more complicated to lose weight.
My advice and what works for me is to exercise a minimum of five days a week, avoid gluten as much as you can (seek information about this on Google, gluten has a lot of relationship with thyroid malfunction) andBringing a diet based on, as they say now, real food, that is, no ultraprocess food, about this you can also find a lot of information on the Internet.All this will not only help you improve your thyroid performance, it will also make you have a very good control of diabetes.

nigiri's profile photo
nigiri
07/14/2020 11:10 p.m.

DM1 desde 1990 - Fiasp y Toujeo - HG: 6,1

Hello.Insulin is an anabolic hormone, which builds fat.It is also inflammatory.You would have to ask what kind of exercise you should do to remove fat.Not all exercises do the same effect.A hug.

MariCruz's profile photo
MariCruz
07/14/2020 11:26 p.m.

meginer said:
good afternoon, I know if this has already come out several times but I would like to know your experience.I measure 158 and now weight 66 kg.The same thing happened to me about two years ago when my hypothyroidism was unjustI have continued to exercise daily and eating the same, although I imagine that the stress of work is not the same.The point is that when the state of alarm ended and we started to work in person, I took advantage and did analytical, thinking that the thyroid would be bad, just like it happened again but it was not so.So I don't know what to do, I have a low diet in HC, I go to the gym now every day, and instead of losing sometimes I even put.I am with Tresiba 16 IU at night and Humalog 5-3-4, varying according to food although like few hydrates, and I get little fast, cdo more in the morning, I imagine than the alba effect.I wanted to ask those who have a problem losing weight or you have had, what you have done, I no longer know if the insulin can gain weight but I do not believe and less are you quantities.Thank you.

@meginer already knows that all this is always an issue that can be attacked from many points of view.

My opinion and personal experience ...

-Comer few HC does not imply that you lose weight.
-The insulin as you have indicated is an anabolic hormone so an high dose can make you "fat."

-The body reacts to a stimulus, and in the end it ends up getting used to ... if that exercise you would not vary in the end you lose that initial result and everything it entails.

-It's not about eating few HC but the total kcal that you consume up to day ... I can be for a day with a bread pinch and put myself to the avocado ass and fattening for putting an example ... because the lackOn the one hand I am on the other hand passing in fat ...

I tell you all this with the little info that I am and taking into account that you have discarded the thyroid theme well.

The summary as always is that you go to a professional and that for us it is not impossible to lose weight as it happened to me when I with 1.79 weighed 95.5kg and came to go down to 78kg and that was doing sports 5 times in week ....

marine's profile photo
marine
07/15/2020 10:17 a.m.

marine said:
meginer said:
good afternoon, I know if this has already come out several times but I would like to know your experience.I measure 158 and now weight 66 kg.The same thing happened to me about two years ago when my hypothyroidism was unjustI have continued to exercise daily and eating the same, although I imagine that the stress of work is not the same.The point is that when the state of alarm ended and we started to work in person, I took advantage and did analytical, thinking that the thyroid would be bad, just like it happened again but it was not so.So I don't know what to do, I have a low diet in HC, I go to the gym now every day, and instead of losing sometimes I even put.I am with Tresiba 16 IU at night and Humalog 5-3-4, varying according to food although like few hydrates, and I get little fast, cdo more in the morning, I imagine than the alba effect.I wanted to ask those who have a problem losing weight or you have had, what you have done, I no longer know if the insulin can gain weight but I do not believe and less are you quantities.Thank you.

@meginer already knows that all this is always an issue that can be attacked from many points of view.

My opinion and personal experience ...

-Comer few HC does not imply that you lose weight.
-The insulin as you have indicated is an anabolic hormone so an high dose can make you "fat."

-The body reacts to a stimulus, and in the end it ends up getting used to ... if that exercise you would not vary in the end you lose that initial result and everything it entails.

-It's not about eating few HC but the total kcal that you consume up to day ... I can be for a day with a bread pinch and put myself to the avocado ass and fattening for putting an example ... because the lackOn the one hand I am on the other hand passing in fat ...

I tell you all this with the little info that I am and taking into account that you have discarded the thyroid theme well.

The summary as always is that you go to a professional and that for us it is not impossible to lose weight as it happened to me when I with 1.79 weighed 95.5kg and came to go down to 78kg and that was doing sports 5 times in week ....

Thanks for the answers, Marine, I answer you in parts, eating more or less hydrates is proportional to the amount of insulin that you have to put on, so I imagine that something if it is related, because if the insulin is an anabolic hormone, to moreHydrates, more insulin you need and more fattening (supposedly because they tell you that they are not proven to do so alone).As very few hydrates, those of breakfast and fruit, the rest of my meals have not had hydrates for months, ever as lentils or pasta but I can spend 10 days without eating them.
What you say about if it can be, that you get used to a type of ex perhaps you like and get comfortable and if you see the results, then not.I know that eg itself does not lose weight, it only strengthens muscles and it is very good for us.I think I read that the most recommended to lose weight is that of strength, that of course, it is the least I like it and the one I do less is more boring.
I do believe that for us it is much more difficult with DM type 1 losing weight that for one who does not have it, you have to shuffle many variables, that you do not have hypos with the diet, q.Do not pass or do not arrive with insulin, that there is no hyper as a rebound effect of an intense eg that you have to correct and therefore add insulin ...
The last one.I comment that I think I do not reach the 1300 lime daily,It really is not not to lose or at least not to put.These days, if I have taken two or three zero tails, I don't know if the gas ... but daughter, what do you take Cddo Sales then?
I will end up consulting it with the clear endocrine, but it was to know your experience.Thank you.

meginer's profile photo
meginer
07/15/2020 10:42 a.m.

I do not know if it will help, but I have noticed much with teleworking the lack of walking.I was going to work walking, half an hour, and walking back.With teleworking, even though I continued with the sport at home, the factors uploaded to me.Especially in the morning.I always breakfast 4 rations and put about 3.5 units.Now 5 units.I mean, that if you do an hour of gymnastics but then you are going to work by car or you are sitting at home all day, that does not help much, because at the end of the day the entire movement that you tell a lot.Apart from food!

Now that the gyms have opened here for a few weeks, I am walking at noon, 20m, better than nothing, and I have returned to the Body Fit classes.The factors have dropped a little, although the morning seems to have definitely changed, but at least I have taken a kilo of weight in all this time.The endocrine is not angry because I have moved to the weight that she wanted, about 63 kg.

Well I just wanted to comment that, the daily movement, apart from Gym and food, TB tell.

All the best

jldiazdel's profile photo
jldiazdel
07/15/2020 11:12 a.m.

DM1 desde Marzo 2018 (53 años). 7-10 unidades basal: Abasaglar (insulina glargina). NovoRapid. Factor 1.0/1.5.
Vivo en Alemania. CarboH total dia 70-80 gr. Deporte Gym todos dias L-V 1h-2 h
HbA1c 5,5% (Abril 2022)
Dexcom G6

@meginer

Eating more or less hydrates is proportional to the amount of insulin that you have to put on, so I imagine that something is related, because if the insulin is an anabolical hormone, more hydrates, more insulin you need and more fattening (supposedly because afterThey tell you that they are not proven to do so alone).

correct, it is related to what you indicate but it is also true that if you pass with fats or proteins you also have to increase the dose of insulin so everything should not blame the HC.We tend to demonize them and it is the main source of energy of our body.

As very few hydrates, those of breakfast and fruit, the rest of my meals have not had hydrates for months, ever as lentils or pasta but I can spend 10 days without eating them.

-would be a matter of seeing the total computer of ingested hydrates.

What you say about if it can be, that you get used to a type of ex perhaps you like and get comfortable and if you see the results, then not.I know that eg itself does not lose weight, it only strengthens muscles and it is very good for us.I think I read that the most recommended to lose weight is that of strength, that of course, it is the least I like it and the one I do less is more boring.

It is shown that the muscle is the largest consumer of calories.The more you demand it (force exercises) the more it will increase your metabolism and the kcal that it needs to survive.That is why it is said that it is more effective to do strength exercises than cardio to "lose weight."

I do believe that for us it is much more difficult with DM type 1 losing weight that for one who does not have it, you have to shuffle many variables, that you do not have hypos with the diet, q.Do not pass or do not arrive with insulin, that there is no hyper as a rebound effect of an intense eg that you have to correct and therefore add insulin ...

I do not agree with you for the following .... we have stones on the way to overcome ... but we are not aliens.If we eat less we lose weight just like another person.The only factor is insulin and what this entails that is ... that it is more painful for what you say but it is not a ... as I am diabetic I cannot lose weight that this belief was made by me, I had,

The last one.I comment that I think I do not get to 1300 lime daily, it really is not not to lose or at least not to put.These days, if I have taken two or three zero tails, I don't know if the gas ... but daughter, what do you take Cddo Sales then?

In this case the best is empirical data.
-Apping what you eat with some fatsecret or myfitnesspal type application
-Calculate your TMB (basal metabolical rate), add the exercise you do and then restal about 300-500kcal to be in caloric deficit.
-Repart your macros (HC, protein, fat) in a percentage of 30-30-40 p.e

The exercise routine varies and tries to do some strength even if they are 2 times a week.

I will end up consulting it with the clear endocrine, but it was to know your experience.Thank you.

the best you can do.

marine's profile photo
marine
07/15/2020 12:10 p.m.

jldiazdel said:
I don't know if it will help, but I have noticed much with teleworking the lack of walking.I was going to work walking, half an hour, and walking back.With teleworking, even though I continued with the sport at home, the factors uploaded to me.Especially in the morning.I always breakfast 4 rations and put about 3.5 units.Now 5 units.I mean, that if you do an hour of gymnastics but then you are going to work by car or you are sitting at home all day, that does not help much, because at the end of the day the entire movement that you tell a lot.Apart from food!

Now that the gyms have opened here for a few weeks, I am walking at noon, 20m, better than nothing, and I have returned to the Body Fit classes.The factors have dropped a little, although the morning seems to have definitely changed, but at least I have taken a kilo of weight in all this time.The endocrine is not angry because I have moved to the weight that she wanted, about 63 kg.

Well I just wanted to comment that, the daily movement, apart from Gym and food, TB tell.

GREETING

This is what is known as Neat: Link

And if ... it helps a lot in fact by words of my nutritionist "Your body spends more walking 1h than 1h spining" this in terms of fat burning and maintaining muscle mass.

marine's profile photo
marine
07/15/2020 12:13 p.m.

jldiazdel said:
I don't know if it will help, but I have noticed much with teleworking the lack of walking.I was going to work walking, half an hour, and walking back.With teleworking, even though I continued with the sport at home, the factors uploaded to me.Especially in the morning.I always breakfast 4 rations and put about 3.5 units.Now 5 units.I mean, that if you do an hour of gymnastics but then you are going to work by car or you are sitting at home all day, that does not help much, because at the end of the day the entire movement that you tell a lot.Apart from food!

GREETING

I work in a town 60 km from my house so I have no choice but to go by car, that I want more than 10 years, so that has not varied, I have been working for almost two months, so thatIn that, I move more or less as before, it is true, that before many days I was tomorrow and late and I stayed to eat and the stress of entering and going out and now I am only until three, but I do not know to what point or increase6 kg weight may be due to that.

meginer's profile photo
meginer
07/15/2020 1:24 p.m.

I have tried everything and it costs a lot.
1000kcal diet with endocrine plus daily force exercises.3KG result in two months.Little for the effort that supposed me.
Now I have 8 kg left over and exercise or healthy diet or anything.There is no form.From a certain age the body does not "obey" as before the diets or the exercise.
Sometimes I think of leaving insulin to burn fat as in debut.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
07/16/2020 2:10 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

@meginer How do you have the TSH?out of curiosity, since you asked about the issue of thinning having hypothyroidism and do not comment on how you have neither the TSH nor the free t4 nor the free T3.As much as you do diet or exercise if these values ​​are not in their range, you will never lose weight.

@Ruthbia of age has a lot to do, it is not the same to burn fat with 20 as with 40, that is so but it is not so much the weight that marks the scale but how you are, I also have enough kg to be to beIn Normopeso but I feel much better in general now than when I weighed 50kg, being thin is not always a health symptom.

nigiri's profile photo
nigiri
07/18/2020 4:38 p.m.

nigiri said:
@meginer How do you have the TSH?out of curiosity, since you asked about the issue of thinning having hypothyroidism and do not comment on how you have neither the TSH nor the free t4 nor the free T3.As much as you do diet or exercise if these values ​​are not in their range, you will never lose weight.

@Ruthbia of age has a lot to do, it is not the same to burn fat with 20 as with 40, that is so but it is not so much the weight that marks the scale but how you are, I also have enough kg to be to beIn Normopeso but I feel much better in general now than when I weighed 50kg, being thin is not always a health symptom.

Yes, I have said it, Nigiri, I said that it was because of the PQ thyroid several years ago but it was not, the thyroid was inside the ranges, the TSH in 3.4 and the T4 in 1.1.
I have 47 A, TB influences age but

meginer's profile photo
meginer
07/18/2020 5:23 p.m.

Hi @meginer
I am Alicia, a diabetic for 20 years and specialized dietitian-Nutritionist in the case you comment (weight loss and diabetes)
I tell you ... if it can be a more difficult tad to lose weight with diabetes and thyroid but it depends on insulin resistance.What ratio and sensitivity do you have?
Tips I can give you:
Forget about weight and focus your evolution on other measures such as % of fat or volume (many parameters such as water, muscle, constipation ...) influence weight ...)

The important thing is the quality of food, not counting calories.That obsesses us.

Perform aerobic exercise every day and when possible with a coach who knows diabetes.

It consumes all possible foods with fiber, the index will lower.

And if you need something more personalized you can look for me in networks and inform you of my face-to-line consultation.He also works with me a coach specialized in diabetes and we offer joint plans.

Instagram: @ceres_nutrionysalud
Facebook: Ceres Nutrition and Health

You would have to study your case deeper to help you more.

On my website you can see more about us and how we work 😊www.ceresnutrionysalud.com

Alicia_tc's profile photo
Alicia_tc
07/19/2020 10:53 a.m.

*glycemic index I wanted to say

Alicia_tc's profile photo
Alicia_tc
07/19/2020 10:54 a.m.

@meginer you said how you had it before medicating you but not after, or at least I can't find where you have put it.I recommend that you look for an updated endocrine, the TSH you have it high, so that the thyroid gland works well, the TSH has to be below 2, that's why I asked you.In Spain, the TSH fork is M, oh, it is something that patients with hypothyroidism are trying to fight, so that they change it but there are endocrine that today are already updated and treat you with the real ranges with whichYour body will be better.This is my advice as hypothyroid.
On the other hand, the low diet in HC is fine for diabetes but you have to also monitor the total food calculation because if you eat more calories than you burn, you will not lose weight.You should also look at foods that are not recommended for people with hypothyroidism.
Regarding the exercise I believe that the ideal is to combine cardio and strength but I am not a coach or anything like that, I tell you what is doing well.
All the best.

nigiri's profile photo
nigiri
07/19/2020 11:14 a.m.

alicia_tc said:
hello @meginer
I am Alicia, a diabetic for 20 years and specialized dietitian-Nutritionist in the case you comment (weight loss and diabetes)
I tell you ... if it can be a more difficult tad to lose weight with diabetes and thyroid but it depends on insulin resistance.What ratio and sensitivity do you have?
Tips I can give you:
Forget about weight and focus your evolution on other measures such as % of fat or volume (many parameters such as water, muscle, constipation ...) influence weight ...)

The important thing is the quality of food, not counting calories.That obsesses us.

Perform aerobic exercise every day and when possible with a coach who knows diabetes.

It consumes all possible foods with fiber, the index will lower.

And if you need something more personalized you can look for me in networks and inform you of my face-to-line consultation.He also works with me a coach specialized in diabetes and we offer joint plans.

Instagram: @ceres_nutrionysalud
Facebook: Ceres Nutrition and Health

You would have to study your case deeper to help you more.

On my website you can see more about us and how we work 😊www.ceresnutrionysalud.com

Hello Alicia, thanks for the offer, I think I have once read from you, also of a diabetic coach boy, who writes here.
Ruiz asks my ratio is 1: 1 Normally, although it depends on the Mto of the day, in the morning it is usually a little more insulin by HC ration, although since I use threeiba, the dawn effect has lowered a lot.
Eg that I do is practically aerobic always, there is one day that is more force but the rest.It is aerobic, I am surprised that you tell me that always aerobic, I understood that to lose fat the anaerobic was better.I have no constipation now although I have had times, and cdo fattening everything is abdominal.

meginer's profile photo
meginer
07/19/2020 9:33 p.m.

nigiri said:
@meginer you said how you had it before medicating yourself but not after, or at least I cannot find where you have put it.I recommend that you look for an updated endocrine, the TSH you have it high, so that the thyroid gland works well, the TSH has to be below 2, that's why I asked you.In Spain, the TSH fork is M, oh, it is something that patients with hypothyroidism are trying to fight, so that they change it but there are endocrine that today are already updated and treat you with the real ranges with whichYour body will be better.This is my advice as hypothyroid.
On the other hand, the low diet in HC is fine for diabetes but you have to also monitor the total food calculation because if you eat more calories than you burn, you will not lose weight.You should also look at foods that are not recommended for people with hypothyroidism.
Regarding the exercise I believe that the ideal is to combine cardio and strength but I am not a coach or anything like that, I tell you what is doing well.
All the best.

Nigiri, I said that before medications was the TSH in 20 and after the Tto was regulated, it was in 2 and something.You say that you have to have it in less than 2, well the limit is in 4, I do not even know if it does not approach 10 as it is not to look for pregnancy.In pregnant women the limit if it is in 2 but no. In non -pregnant.The limit must be lowered but I don't know how to have it on 3.4 makes it increased so much weight, with 2 and almost 3 peak I was perfect and lost weight well.

meginer's profile photo
meginer
07/19/2020 9:37 p.m.

@Alicia_tc
@meginer

"Forget about weight and focus your evolution on other measures such as % of fat or volume (in weight many parameters such as water, muscle, constipation influence ...)"

- The problem I see there is that almost no one has a scale that measures % fatty or with some reliability.In the end you look at how it is said to eat well and how your clothes look.

-"The important thing is the quality of food, not counting calories. That obsesses us."

The quality of food will give you a good body composition but ... how do caloria don't count?That is to say that if @meginer is eating 1500kcal and now eat 2000kcal is going to lose weight?I am not sure ...

"Perform aerobic exercise every day and when possible with a coach who knows diabetes."

- I understand that it is with the aim of accelerating metabolism etc .... but if you look for % fat as you say ... it is best to keep muscle mass ... you don't say anything about force exercises etc....

@Meginer Now for giving you some info what I did ... also as I told you about going to the doctor to check that everything is OK.

marine's profile photo
marine
07/20/2020 8:49 a.m.

marine said:
@meginer

Eating more or less hydrates is proportional to the amount of insulin that you have to put on, so I imagine that something is related, because if the insulin is an anabolical hormone, more hydrates, more insulin you need and more fattening (supposedly because afterThey tell you that they are not proven to do so alone).

correct, it is related to what you indicate but it is also true that if you pass with fats or proteins you also have to increase the dose of insulin so everything should not blame the HC.We tend to demonize them and it is the main source of energy of our body.

As very few hydrates, those of breakfast and fruit, the rest of my meals have not had hydrates for months, ever as lentils or pasta but I can spend 10 days without eating them.

-would be a matter of seeing the total computer of ingested hydrates.

It is shown that the muscle is the largest consumer of calories.The more you demand it (force exercises) the more it will increase your metabolism and the kcal that it needs to survive.That is why it is said that it is more effective to do strength exercises than cardio to "lose weight."

I do not agree with you for the following .... we have stones on the way to overcome ... but we are not aliens.If we eat less we lose weight just like another person.The only factor is insulin and what this entails that is ... that it is more painful for what you say but it is not a ... as I am diabetic I cannot lose weight that this belief was made by me, I had,

The last one.I comment that I think I do not get to 1300 lime daily, it really is not not to lose or at least not to put.These days, if I have taken two or three zero tails, I don't know if the gas ... but daughter, what do you take Cddo Sales then?

In this case the best is empirical data.
-Apping what you eat with some fatsecret or myfitnesspal type application
-Calculate your TMB (basal metabolical rate), add the exercise you do and then restal about 300-500kcal to be in caloric deficit.
-Repart your macros (HC, protein, fat) in a percentage of 30-30-40 p.e

The exercise routine varies and tries to do some strength even if they are 2 times a week.

the best you can do.

Hello, my husband is a Diabetic for recentVery very basic and above notions.I did not know that proteins and fats also need to inject some insulin.I miss there.That is, if you eat 200 gr of chicken with oil, would you count as a ration for example?

Elenar49's profile photo
Elenar49
07/20/2020 1:54 p.m.

It is about so.
Find information about fat-protein units.

mamarvazq's profile photo
mamarvazq
07/20/2020 2:17 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.