{'en': 'A little desperate', 'es': 'Un poco desesperada'} Image

A little desperate

Elenar49's profile photo   07/20/2020 12:46 a.m.

Hello, luck that I have found this forum and hopefully you can solve all my doubts.

I regret if the text is long.My husband was assumed several years without knowing that he had diabetes.

It was never wrong to have to go to the doctor, we didn't know that being very thirsty was an indication and ate a lot of sweet.Or eat a lot and lose weight.

We thought it lost a lot of weight due to a motorcycle accident 10 years ago, a metabolic change.Until last year he had urine losses at night and during the day he went to the bathroom many times.

For fear I didn't want to go to the doctor.He suspected that it could be an inflammation of the prostate?I don't know if it is said that.

Earlier this year was more thirsty than ever, and a very strong flu until we went to the ambulatory and saw that they had a gray color, they took the sugar and stings to 800, DÍABETIC DEBUG, ambulance and entered from emergency.

Apart had pneumomy (the hospital crowded, possibly by coronavirus that in February did not know many doctors who was the reason for so many people in the halls), in fact I asked if it was coronavirus and, finally, the nurse looked at me as if I werecrazy.Urine infection, kidney, and the main thing was to lower sugar.I try to summarize it.Type 1 diabetes to be determined, they still have it clear despite having performed a pancreatic resistance test, they taught us the minimum of how insulin, portions and little else worked.

Fortunately I have read many nutrition books throughout my life because I like the subject and I know what carbohydrates, proteins, etc.In the hospital endocrinology section they have taken it (taken in quotes because it is very difficult to contact them) and controls of how it has the levels every week.

I read that 10 gr of carbohydrate correspond to a fast insulin unit, but they have not explained it to us, I read it and as a result of having that information are we who have been adjusting the insulin dose depending on how sugar hasand the carbohydters that will ingest.

Here are my doubts .... Before my question the following endocrine: "If one day before eating it has the sugar at 120 and will not eat hydrate from pasta or rice, is it possible not to prick insulin?" He said thatYes, it was not necessary to prick.

This same question was asked another doctor of that section and said that you always had to inject and you always had to eat hydrate now I do not know if it is called a complex.

But I still have the most important doubt, is it true that yes or does it have to eat pasta or rice or bread?Because I wonder if they advise that because they "get laziness" explain everything since they have informed us that the hospital will no longer advise and refer us to the ambulatory.

It seemed like a form of detachment to the patient and they even advise me to denounce it in patient care.Whenever we have called it seemed that they were doing us a favor to attend us.We are very lost with many doubts.I believe, but please correct me, of course if you eat green beans, protein and dessert fruit with the dose of insulin that we have calculated you can perfectly not eat bread, rice or pasta.

And another doubt that we have ... It is punctured and has 190 of sugar, and it will not eat or potatoes, rice or pasta, always tends to eat vegetables, protein and fruit or yogurt, does the calculation of insulin to inject goDepending on the hydrate that will eat in grams of hydrate and apart what needs to be lowered from sugar?I don't know if I explain.

Our great disgust was with the subject Retinitis but kills me to talk about it and I prefer not to influence that subject.They are injecting a medicine.

At night, 20 of slow Lantus is injected and they did not explain that the Lantus does not serve to avoid hypos or hyper, but is like a base and that lasts 24 hours.My has helpedMuch more the 061 every time we have called with doubts.From February until today he only had 2 hypos and for our mistakes, dinner little etc, or not make the resopon before sleeping.

We are a bit desperate and we are discharged

Nor we knew about the peaks that all the dybetics have.And the height was that the other day we called the endocrine and that is when they gave us the result of the pancreatic test, they did not call us to inform.And there is no conclusive result, they say it continues with insulin.In February when the Coronavirus began they did not make an eye background and we also learned that they had to do it and more with such a strong debug and being dangnetic so many years without knowing it.

Please, I need advice, we don't know whether to go to a nutritionist or continue reading books about diabetes or get into forums like this.

Thank you all!

Elenar49's profile photo
Elenar49
07/20/2020 12:46 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Now it is with antibiotics because it was operated a week ago of a bladder theme and has the sugar a little higher than other times, is it normal?Sorry but my doubts are piled up and those that I have not written to you.

Elenar49's profile photo
Elenar49
07/20/2020 12:49 a.m.

The Lantus is a very outdated insulin at this point.I should use toujeo, which is its evolution and gives less hypoglycemia.

DavidAG2000's profile photo
DavidAG2000
07/20/2020 1:18 a.m.

The issue of how many insulin units correspond to a certain amount of hydrates, it is approximate, each person has its ratio, is to test, having the base that the doctor gives you, moreover, in breakfast there is always more resistance to theInsulin, so more insulin is needed, they must be tested, capillary at two hours it ate to see if it needs faster or it was well, I think that a nutritionist would be important to also consult them with the glycemic index, sinceDetermine whether a meal quickly raises blood glucose or the rise is slower.
In relation to fruit, yogurt have carbohydrates, I don't know if they make carbohydrate count.And if they can a continuous meter would be important, since you receive the measurements on the cell phone every five minutes and that allows you to avoid scares with the casualties and avoid the high, it can be free style with Miao Miao or Dexcom.
The peptide analysis C indicates amount of insulin in the body, I do not know if they were done, I say x doubts if it is type 1.
I hope I have collaborated with you

Dani Se's profile photo
Dani Se
07/20/2020 1:21 a.m.

Soy DANIELA, mamà de Tomás de 8 años. Con tresiba 9u y lispro en comidas desde mayo 2017 . Iport y free+miao miao2 con xdrip y nigthscout .
Argentina

You don't always have to eat pasta, rice or potato.In fact you can do without them if you want.
The important thing is to know how to count the HC and as you have told you 1 ration of HC does not equal 1 insulin unit.You will have to try and find out.
At first it is very complicated and more if you do not have anyone to inform you and East, but you will see how little by little you learn more.I had no help neither educator nor nutritionist nor anything and I assure you that it is achieved.
Here in the forum they will help you.In the Health Center the Header or Nursing doctor cannot help you?

Anaisabel's profile photo
Anaisabel
07/20/2020 9:52 a.m.

davidag2000 said:
lantus is a very outdated insulin at this point.I should use toujeo, which is its evolution and gives less hypoglycemia.

I don't know if social security will want to change it.We will ask the endocrine that the ambulatory will assign us this week.Thank you so much

Elenar49's profile photo
Elenar49
07/20/2020 10:28 a.m.

dani is said:
The theme of how many insulin units correspond to a certain amount of hydrates, is approximate, each person has their ratio different, is to test, having the basis that gives you theDoctor, moreover, at breakfast there is always more insulin resistance, so more insulin is needed, they must be tested, capillary at two hours he ate to see if he needs faster or was fine, I think a nutritionistIt would be important to consult them also with the glycemic index, since it determines whether a meal makes the glycemia quickly raise or the rise is slower.
In relation to fruit, yogurt have carbohydrates, I don't know if they make carbohydrate count.And if they can a continuous meter would be important, since you receive the measurements on the cell phone every five minutes and that allows you to avoid scares with the casualties and avoid the high, it can be free style with Miao Miao or Dexcom.
The peptide analysis C indicates amount of insulin in the body, I do not know if they were done, I say x doubts if it is type 1.

Thank you.I still have no one thing.From what I have been reading 10 gr of HC they correspond more or less to an insulin unit, is it correct?I fit because it is what we are counting at each meal.Two hours after each meal to do tests, sugar has been measured but according to 061 it is not reliable.I don't know if all this is correct

Elenar49's profile photo
Elenar49
07/20/2020 10:33 a.m.

anaisabel said:
does not always have to eat pasta, rice or potato.In fact you can do without them if you want.
The important thing is to know how to count the HC and as you have told you 1 ration of HC does not equal 1 insulin unit.You will have to try and find out.
At first it is very complicated and more if you do not have anyone to inform you and East, but you will see how little by little you learn more.I had no help neither educator nor nutritionist nor anything and I assure you that it is achieved.
Here in the forum they will help you.In the Health Center the Header or Nursing doctor cannot help you ??

I imagined it.They emphasized that I always had to eat pasta, rice, potato or bread, high glycemic index, which made me doubt but logic and informing me about nutrition told me a different thing.They give you the basic guidelines thinking that people have no knowledge and what happens.Nor did they explain how he was going to notice hypoglycemia until one night, before sleeping, he had the body full from top to cold sweat and spoke very slowly.I did not understand anything until it occurred to us to measure the sugar and it was 45. We called 061 and they recommended water with sugar and toast and every two hours wake up to see if he was fine.

Thanks for the help.In the ambulatory more or less they help but say different things to what they say in hospital.Where they have helped us most is in 061 but according to the hospital, "what nonsense they have told you in 061".That's why we are a little lost.

Elenar49's profile photo
Elenar49
07/20/2020 10:40 a.m.

elanar49 said:
dani is said:
the theme of how many insulin units correspond to a certain amount of hydrates, it is approximately, each person has different theirRatio, is to try, having the base that the doctor gives you, moreover, at breakfast there is always more insulin resistance, so more insulin is needed, they must be tested, capillary at two hours he ate forSeeing if you need faster or it was good, I think that a nutritionist would be important to consult them with the glycemic index, since it determines whether a meal makes glycemia quickly upload or the rise is slower.

Thank you.I still have no one thing.From what I have been reading 10 gr of HC they correspond more or less to an insulin unit, is it correct?I fit because it is what we are counting at each meal.Two hours after each meal to do tests, sugar has been measured but according to 061 it is not reliable.I don't know if all this is correct

In the pancreatic resistance test they said he had no antibodies, that his debug had been so strong that he was between type 1 and 2 diabetes to be completed.Our fear is that they will pass 2 with a pill and I have been reading in this forum in some comments that have many side effects and that in that sense insulin has more "advantages."Tell me if I'm right.Thank you very much for the answers

Elenar49's profile photo
Elenar49
07/20/2020 10:42 a.m.

It is quite correct to start.
I recommend these two books:
Link
Link

mamarvazq's profile photo
mamarvazq
07/20/2020 10:52 a.m.

mamarvazq said:
is quite correct to start.
I recommend these two books:
Link
Link

Thank you very much, of course I will read them right now.

Elenar49's profile photo
Elenar49
07/20/2020 11:21 a.m.

If in the end they are told by type 2, can you tell your doctor that you prefer to continue clicking insulin or that is not contemplated?The pills is a little scared for side effects.

Elenar49's profile photo
Elenar49
07/20/2020 11:23 a.m.

elanar49 said:
If in the end they tell you that it is Diabetic type 2, can you tell your doctor that you prefer to continue puncturing insulin or is that not contemplated?The pills is a little scared for side effects.

I think it would be to follow the instructions of your endocrine.

DavidAG2000's profile photo
DavidAG2000
07/20/2020 12:06 p.m.

Hello.10 g of HC equals a ration (this is how we know it in diabetes), but it does not always have to coincide with an insulin unit (although it can be an approximate calculation).I don't take HC either in all meals, there are times to do not take them and I do not sulked me (up to 2 portions, I know I can take them without having to put a quick insulin).Anyway, they should tell you well in your hospital, they are basic and necessary knowledge for any type 1 diabetic. The links that have provided you will help you a lot.

Carussa's profile photo
Carussa
07/20/2020 1:11 p.m.

DM1 desde octubre de 2019 | Toujeo + Fiasp | FreeStyle | febrero 2023: HbA1c 5,7

carussa said:
hello.10 g of HC equals a ration (this is how we know it in diabetes), but it does not always have to coincide with an insulin unit (although it can be an approximate calculation).I don't take HC either in all meals, there are times to do not take them and I do not sulked me (up to 2 portions, I know I can take them without having to put a quick insulin).Anyway, they should indicate this well in your hospital, they are basic and necessary knowledge for any type 1 diabetic. The links that have provided you will help you a lot.

Thank you so much.In the case of my husband we have proven that if a glass of milk is taken without injecting at 12 or in the afternoon to snack it will rise 40 in sugar.And we are told by whether to click or not

Elenar49's profile photo
Elenar49
07/20/2020 1:21 p.m.

My son cannot eat anything that contains CH without applying insulin since he shoots it.
Each person has a different ratio, it is not universal nor must it generalize with a ration 10 ch.

Dani Se's profile photo
Dani Se
07/20/2020 2:45 p.m.

Soy DANIELA, mamà de Tomás de 8 años. Con tresiba 9u y lispro en comidas desde mayo 2017 . Iport y free+miao miao2 con xdrip y nigthscout .
Argentina

@ELENAR49

So the glass of milk accounts is an indicator of type 1 diabetes. But they will tell you.It is very unfortunate that they would not give him a course.

I would advise you to at the beginning breakfast with the same amount of carbohydrates, but you can vary, meals and dinners also with the same amount of carbohydrates.That at first helps a lot, because you can see how it reacts to insulin.Regularity at the beginning is very important.Since you already have nutrition knowledge that is an advantage.Remember that in your case the rapid absorption carbohydrates must combine them with some fiber, protein and fat so that they act more slowly.Excess protein and fat also affects.But that depends on each person.I have proven that if it happened in proteins, but I would have to be a fillet of 350 gr.Then at 2 or 3 hours glycemia increases me.In that case, what I do is put a little insulin before food and the rest at the end.But it is proof and error.

On some questions you ask, if you are going to eat and you are high in addition to putting fast insulin by carbohydrates add the correction.You have to verify how much an insulin unit goes down from blood sugar.In my case, around 40-50 mg.But it's very personal.If I were in 190, I would add about 2 more insulin units apart from carbohydrates.On vegetables, I do as less than 200 gr in general (except for the carrots), do not count them.I always breakfast 4 portions, like about 4 rations and make very light dinners of 2 portions.But you have to check what is best.I always try to eat some carbohydrate, always in the form of fruit or integral, and I have erased the juices from my list.They enter too fast.

All the best

jldiazdel's profile photo
jldiazdel
07/20/2020 4:23 p.m.

DM1 desde Marzo 2018 (53 años). 7-10 unidades basal: Abasaglar (insulina glargina). NovoRapid. Factor 1.0/1.5.
Vivo en Alemania. CarboH total dia 70-80 gr. Deporte Gym todos dias L-V 1h-2 h
HbA1c 5,5% (Abril 2022)
Dexcom G6

@ELENAR49

This was the first thing I read.It is very basic and simple

Link
On the Internet you can find many ration tables and carbohydrate calculation.And if you feel like something more advanced, you can buy a food composition book.It's the best.

jldiazdel
07/20/2020 4:36 p.m.

DM1 desde Marzo 2018 (53 años). 7-10 unidades basal: Abasaglar (insulina glargina). NovoRapid. Factor 1.0/1.5.
HbA1c 5,5% (Abril 2022)
Dexcom G6

@ELENAR49

And this table is one of the most used.In this foundation found a lot of information

Link

jldiazdel
07/20/2020 4:54 p.m.

HbA1c 5,5% (Abril 2022)
Dexcom G6

jldiazdel said:
@elenar49

And this table is one of the most used.In this foundation found a lot of information

Link

Hello, do I see that you are German

jldiazdel said:
@elenar49

Link

Hello, I thank you very much for all the explanations, do I see that you live in Germany?My husband is German, from the Munich area and we lived some time ago in Stuttgart.

I will have to familiarize myself with the portions.He normally breakfast a glass of milk of 200 plus a slice of bread of about 50 gr.With German sausage.

I ask for advice.I see it necessary to do an insulin unit injecting when it is for example to 190 and seeing how much it goes down, would it be better to do this test four hours after injecting the insulin corresponding to the food?If one afternoon is punctured and sees that it is a little high, can it be corrected by injecting some insulin without eating anything?They never informed us if this could be done.And another thing that I do not know if it does well is the famous resopon, is it true that it is essential to eat a yogurt or fruit before going to sleep since 20 units of Lantus are injected?When the lantus is not injected it is as if it stays the same, it does not affect it even for better or bad.In fact at the hospital they did not give him nocturnal when he was admitted a week recently by a bladder operation.

Thank you

Elenar49's profile photo
Elenar49
07/20/2020 5:30 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.