{'en': 'Fast dose and schedules', 'es': 'Dosis de rápida y horarios'} Image

Fast dose and schedules

Tami's profile photo   09/06/2020 6:45 a.m.

Hello!

I am 26 years old, I was detected type 1 diabetes 7 months ago.

I am a vegetarian 4 years ago, so basically I live to vegetables, dairy, seeds, eggs ...

I get up with levels between 90 and 120.

I am injected 28 of Lantus, between 12 and 13 hours.

And fast in these values:
Measure me before eating: above 160 2, above 200 2 more and so on ..

The issue is that it doesn't work for me.I finish eating me at hour and a half and I am always above 250 even 300 too.From 5pm my levels are out of control and night comes and I am stuck in almost 300.

It is the second endocrinologist that serves me and only indicated 2 units of fast if or if before lunch.That is, just that and does nothing to me.

I got to put 6 or 7 units before eating, (even if I am more or less low), I have even put more.And it is the only thing that works, I go out to walk in Rollers a day through, or sometimes every day (here we are in phase 1 per covid) and there are controls.
But the exercise rises worse, I'm already fed up, I don't know what to do, the doctor tells me that it is not goodmy...

Is it very quick to get very bad?

What's wrong with me?

Oootra, I am very hungry at night.

Tami's profile photo
Tami
09/06/2020 6:45 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

It seems that you should raise slow insulin and click on another time.If, for example, you click in the afternoon you will get to dinner well and you may not need to click quickly (as long as you avoid the fruit) and, as it lasts 22 hours, it will reach you to the postprandial of noon.I recommend 40 slowly at 1830. I am not a doctor, but the same thing that happens to you happened to me.Insulin management and information have evolved a lot since your ill -fated father suffered those associated diseases, so the matter should not worry mostly.

Vampa's profile photo
Vampa
09/06/2020 11:29 a.m.

@Tami

I would try what I recommend @vampa
First you have to adjust the slow.If you put it in the afternoon and in the morning you lift yourself well, that is a good indicator.
It is important that you also check how much a fast insulin unit lowers you you can test once or several times why sometimes it changes.You measure and if you are for example at 160. You put a unit.Don't eat anything.And measure yourself at two and a half hours.That will give you an idea of ​​low an insulin unit.You sign it.Imagine what is 50 mg.How much you go to eat and you are in 200, you put 2 units of correction.That you already know that it will take you to 100. You eat and then you put the fast insulin units that correspond to the rations of carbohydrates that commas.But don't look so soon after eating.Look at two and a half hours or three hours.

all the best

jldiazdel's profile photo
jldiazdel
09/06/2020 11:59 a.m.

DM1 desde Marzo 2018 (53 años). 7-10 unidades basal: Abasaglar (insulina glargina). NovoRapid. Factor 1.0/1.5.
Vivo en Alemania. CarboH total dia 70-80 gr. Deporte Gym todos dias L-V 1h-2 h
HbA1c 5,5% (Abril 2022)
Dexcom G6

Thanks for the advice .. I see that they apply without insulin fear .. to Mie make you think that applying so much is not good ... and that's why it scares me .. thanks really.

Tami's profile photo
Tami
09/06/2020 9:58 p.m.

@Tami, insulin is put on all that is needed to be in good values, each diabetes is different and the important thing is to have good controls.
If you wake up at 300 and go to bed well, you will have to upload the slow one in one unit, until you wake up well.
Once the slow one has been adjusted, get quickly according to hydrates rations, to be below 180 two hours after meals.
You have to get a glycosilada less than 7, to be controlled.
What hurts is not insulin, but high glucose.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
09/07/2020 2:17 a.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

Thank you!!But my problem is precisely the other way around, I get up super good .. And in the afternoon, until night, he shoots.

Tami's profile photo
Tami
09/07/2020 5:17 a.m.

Slow insulin is fine since you get up with good levels.
I don't know if I understood you well, you just get fast if you are above 160 when you are going to eat?If you are in 100 and you are going to eat do not get fast?
If two hours after eating, you are high above 160 or 180 is that you need faster.
You have to put the necessary amount of insulin.One that gets less does not mean that this better than another that gets more.Each body is different and not everyone needs the same amounts of insulin.

Anaisabel's profile photo
Anaisabel
09/07/2020 2:21 p.m.

@Tami
Put the fast insulin 15 minutes before eating.

mamarvazq's profile photo
mamarvazq
09/07/2020 9:07 p.m.

Exactly, they only send me fast, before eating, and if I am above LPS 160 .. if not, no .. and then I finish eating and is super tall ...

Tami's profile photo
Tami
09/07/2020 10:34 p.m.

You will need to always make yourself quickly, according to the rations of hydrates you eat.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
09/08/2020 4:11 a.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)

Accounts carbohydrates?
As Regina says, you should always make yourself quickly on meals based on the hydrates you eat.Tell the doctor.By the levels that you have it looks clear, but you also be on a honeymoon, although you still need fast.This is advice I am not a doctor and in my body you will make changes without consulting anyone, go to the doctor.

Anaisabel's profile photo
Anaisabel
09/08/2020 2:06 p.m.

I put the slow one with breakfast.I have been lowering the dose to 12 current.The balance is being tested (between night lows or lifting high). The quick always (2 u because yes, 4 if you give 200, 6 if you give 300, etc ...) and if you are low before eating I put it laterof eating.But food should accompany the dose that will lower the high peak it produces, quickly returning to your normal levels.You have calories?Jldiazdel taught me.

Paco Iriarte Vañó's profile photo
Paco Iriarte Vañó
09/13/2020 1:13 p.m.

Do you know that without insulin we can't survive right?
Each one has their needs, there are no better or worse doses

Merchedm's profile photo
Merchedm
09/13/2020 11:18 p.m.

merchem said:
Do you know that without insulin we can't survive right?
Each one has their needs, there are no better or worse doses

That is because all debutants have the perception that they are not "as" diabetic as others, and tend to puncture less.Over time he will lose fear of the doses and begin to act as the doctor says.

Vampa's profile photo
Vampa
09/20/2020 11:23 a.m.

tami said:
hello!

I am 26 years old, I was detected type 1 diabetes 7 months ago.

I am a vegetarian 4 years ago, so basically I live to vegetables, dairy, seeds, eggs ...

I get up with levels between 90 and 120.

I am injected 28 of Lantus, between 12 and 13 hours.

And fast in these values:
Measure me before eating: above 160 2, above 200 2 more and so on ..

The issue is that it doesn't work for me.I finish eating me at hour and a half and I am always above 250 even 300 too.From 5pm my levels are out of control and night comes and I am stuck in almost 300.

It is the second endocrinologist that serves me and only indicated 2 units of fast if or if before lunch.That is, just that and does nothing to me.

I got to put 6 or 7 units before eating, (even if I am more or less low), I have even put more.And it is the only thing that works, I go out to walk in Rollers a day through, or sometimes every day (here we are in phase 1 per covid) and there are controls.
But the exercise rises worse, I'm already fed up, I don't know what to do, the doctor tells me that it is not goodmy...

Is it very quick to get very bad?

What's wrong with me?

Oootra, I am very hungry at night.

It is not better the one that needs the least insulin if not the one that is best controlled although it has to make more fast insulin than others are the important values ​​and glycosylated hemoglobin

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
09/23/2020 3:09 p.m.

Thank you all for your plabras, I discovered that I need quite a quick insulin to be well .. It is the only thing that normalizes me.
Thus, it is low before eating, I get the same 5 units.If it is something light.If I am going to consume carbohydrates, I wear 7, 8. Yes, it is quite compared to Lonque recommends the doctor (exactly like Paco who answered me) but those doses do not work for me.
Alright?

Tami's profile photo
Tami
09/24/2020 5:32 a.m.

vampa said:
It seems that you should raise the slow insulin and click on another time.If, for example, you click in the afternoon you will get to dinner well and you may not need to click quickly (as long as you avoid the fruit) and, as it lasts 22 hours, it will reach you to the postprandial of noon.I recommend 40 slowly at 1830. I am not a doctor, but the same thing that happens to you happened to me.Insulin management and information have evolved a lot since your ill -fated father suffered those associated diseases, so the matter should not worry mostly.

That's right, I think it is the dose of insulin that does not become correct, try to raise it as they comment.

marta5's profile photo
marta5
09/24/2020 10:31 a.m.

If you wake up with good values, the slow one is fine.
Yes you have achieved good values ​​after meals, the rapid is also fine.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
09/26/2020 12:33 a.m.

Hi Tami VI you put that you exercise but sugar goes up after doing so, try before exercise do not bring the sugar up 250 because my doctor is not good to tell me more can affect your levels and dehydrate

Ismar's profile photo
Ismar
09/27/2020 11:16 a.m.

@Vami, when you start with diabetes there are doctors who assume that you are on a honeymoon and recommend just getting quickly over 160. It worked only the first year of diabetes, since the year 2 Insulin use for everythingas.

You also have to keep in mind that Lantus does not cover 24 hours, I use it and I had to put it in 2 batches, at night and in the morning to be well all the time.

Another fact to consider is that the absorption of insulin is not equal to any time of day;At breakfast it takes longer to take effect than at noon or at night.Female hormones also alter behavior and the body becomes more resistive to insulin.
For example, for breakfast you may need between 40 - 50 min to make insulin effect, to eat about 20min and for dinner in 10min is activated.If you are menstruating or ovula, instead of insulin x uds usually need 3x or 2x.If you are a cattle or you have any infection, the same thing happens, more medication is usually needed.

Use all the insulin that you need, if you were not diabetics, your body would produce that large or small amount, according to your lifestyle and food.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
10/02/2020 1:37 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.