{'en': 'Marijuana and diabetes', 'es': 'Marihuana y diabetes'} Image

Marijuana and diabetes

haceaire77's profile photo   09/09/2020 10:07 p.m.

Hello,

I am a daily consumer of marijuana and I have been experiencing some very strange things for some time and it is often the glucose in 250 or more then I have consumed marijuana and in less than 30 minutes I have come to have even hyperglycemia.

Did anyone know how to explain something to what happens?

Thank you!

haceaire77's profile photo
haceaire77
09/09/2020 10:07 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

At that time, or something before have you put insulin?

fer's profile photo
fer
09/09/2020 10:51 p.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

fer said:
at that time, or something before have you put insulin?

No, no insulin

haceaire77
09/09/2020 11:40 p.m.

makesaire77 said:
marine said:
of creators am celiac coca does it have gluten?It comes ... Hello, I'm diabetic and when they smoking, they give me downtown ...

Hi Marine, so you argue the first and second if I say it is for something, I do not invent things and third

I think you have to have a little respect for people who really have a problem and who need help.

If someone who drugs is coming asking why they give sugar downs because perhaps your burnings before me;)

marine's profile photo
marine
09/10/2020 11:01 a.m.

If marijuana is doing badly, why don't you abandon it?It will be the best you can do.

DavidAG2000's profile photo
DavidAG2000
09/10/2020 12:10 p.m.

marine said:
makesaire77 said:
marine said:
marine said:
of the creators am celiac the coca does it have gluten?It comes ... Hello, I'm diabetic and when they smoking, they give me downtown ...

Hi Marine, so you argue the first and second if I say it is for something, I do not invent things and third

I think you have to have a little respect for people who really have a problem and who need help.

If someone who drugs is coming asking why they give sugar dances because your burnings may surely before me;)

Do you know the problems I have?Do you know the help that I can need?Sorry for my way of answering before, and believe me that smoking marijuana helps me a lot to carry my problems even if it is a person who drugs I have no bad intentions, what forgiveness said for the before.

haceaire77
09/10/2020 3:06 p.m.

davidag2000 said:
If marijuana is doing badly, why don't you abandon it?It will be the best you can do.

I do not go up the other way around helps me to endure many pains, only that in some cases I have come to have more than 200 and within a few minutes to have hyperglycemia

haceaire77
09/10/2020 3:08 p.m.

makesaire77 said:
davidag2000 said:

I do not go up the other way around to endure many pains, only that in some cases I have come to have more than 200 and within a few minutes having hyperglycemia

You would probably have less pain if you stopped taking marijuana.

DavidAG2000's profile photo
DavidAG2000
09/10/2020 3:34 p.m.

Hello again @makesaire77, if you have not put insulin, it seems extremely strange that you have a decrease in glucose, unless other factors converge, for example, that you have done intense previously, or something similar.

In no case do I think that marijuana has to do with glucose declines, it is more, I do not think there is any relationship, I just hope this does not end a marijuana recommendation to control glucose, please.;)

For the rest, I have no experience in the matter, so I can help you!

Animos!

fer's profile photo
fer
09/10/2020 3:35 p.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

By the way, that again read the original message "I have had the glucose in 250 or more then I have consumed marijuana and in less than 30 minutes I have come to hyperglycemia" ... if we talk about hyperglycemia, then it fits me,Since 250 you are already in hyperglycemia !!

So it seems normal that there is no variation 30 minutes later and continue with hyperglycemia.

Another thing is if you tell me that it is a hypoglycemic ... then we return to what I told you before.

If it is hypoglycemic, in what values ​​are you 30 min.after?

Greetings,

fer's profile photo
fer
09/10/2020 3:38 p.m.

In the beginning as Fer has told you, it should not influence your glucose, if your perception and therefore you can notice false hypoglycemia, or eat by will and be in hyper without realizing it.In this link there is a summary Link tested.

And to others, or not to consume drugs, and you respect it or not (I am against most cases) at least respect a person who has not done anything to you and is just asking a technical doubt.

Macarena93's profile photo
Macarena93
09/10/2020 4:30 p.m.

fer said:
By the way, that again read the original message "I have had the glucose in 250 or more then I have consumed marijuana and in less than 30 minutes I have come to have even hyperglycemia.".. If we talk about hyperglycemia, then it fits me, since 250 you are already in hyperglycemia !!

So it seems normal that there is no variation 30 minutes later and continue with hyperglycemia.

Another thing is if you tell me that it is a hypoglycemic ... then we return to what I told you before.

If it is hypoglycemic, in what values ​​are you 30 min.after?

Greetings,

Hello, forgiveness I wanted, to have approximately 250 to have hypoglycemia at the time of consuming.Thank you very much for the attention

haceaire77
09/10/2020 9:05 p.m.

macarena93 said:
initially as ferredrealize.In this link there is a summary Link tested.

And to others, or not to consume drugs, and you respect it or not (I am against most cases) at least respect a person who has not done anything to you and is just asking a technical doubt.

Hello, the first thing I thought like you, that they could be some false hypoglycemia but no, measuring more than again and again the glucose with different devices marked the same level of hypoglycemia.

And the rest as you have said, thank you very much for your understanding.
And if it smoked more than one and more than one insurance that would be more peace in the world;)
Thank you so much.

haceaire77
09/10/2020 9:10 p.m.

Good evening, I had a partner who was also diabetic and smoked that he said he lowered him, I tried it one day and what he gave me was a dizziness 😅🤣.But with him it was true what the partner says.
I praise it to the mood and happiness I had.Like when we get angry and destabilize, I think the opposite happened.
But from 250 to 50 it seems a lot.

Greetings

chamus1978's profile photo
chamus1978
09/10/2020 10:41 p.m.

makesaire77 said:
Hello,

I am a daily consumer of marijuana and I have been experiencing some very strange things for some time and it is often the glucose in 250 or more then I have consumed marijuana and in less than 30 minutes I have come to have even hyperglycemia.

Did anyone know how to explain something to what happens?

Thanks!

Hello, I cannot explain why I am nor sure it is true because I do not consume but I have always heard that the marijuana lowered the sugar.In fact, people when he smokes usually hungry.

Vir's profile photo
Vir
09/13/2020 10:42 a.m.

The consultation of @makesaire77 does not offend me at all.In this forum we are all over 18 years old.So everyone has their opinion about drugs and alcohol.
And I understand that he comes to ask the forum, if not, where was he going to ask, his doctor?And of course, if he asks his mother, he will tell him to stop high, but here we are not here to give moral chair.

solaria's profile photo
solaria
09/13/2020 12:27 p.m.

Debut 46 â- 2012. DM1. Celiaquía e intolerancia lactosa. Anemia perniciosa.
MiniMed 640g + SmartGuard.

I smoke constantly and: I have read that there is no record that it affects diabetes.If it can produce sugar drops as any person, but so fast and so much?It would be more powerful than fast insulin !!

Paco Iriarte Vañó's profile photo
Paco Iriarte Vañó
09/13/2020 12:53 p.m.

There is a very easy explanation to understand:
Stress causes an increase in blood glucose;We compensate it by putting a little more insulin.
Marijuana (relaxing) does not cause an increase in glucose (it does not produce stress), but we have injected a little more insulin (due to day -to -day stress and due to ignorance of this effect of marijuana in our day to day).
So with that small excess insulin you can explain the decrease in glucose (250 to 50 mg/dl in 30 minutes of the exposed case).

mamarvazq's profile photo
mamarvazq
09/13/2020 1 p.m.

The issue of drugs and diabetes is very interesting, since it is barely addressed in consultations (it is a taboo subject for what I see and have lived), especially for adolescents and young adults who will be in contact with them if orIf at any time, even if it does not consume them (and who thinks otherwise please reconsider).
When I was younger I tried several times (marijuana), but not having the freestyle really couldn't know for sure how it affected me.In addition, towards sport almost daily, so the descents could be the mixture of both, as @Fer says or the sum of much insulin and marijuana, as @Mamarvazq says.
It makes me weird that descent that is due exclusively to marijuana, but in diabetes everything is possible @makesaire77.
From my experience, I can tell you that the effects of diabetes are sharpened and confused when smokes (as with alcohol), that you are careful with that and that they are binge if you get off are very worse than if you do not smoke (effectIncredible bouncing when the effect of marijuana passes).
I hope my comment is used, and try not to smoking Maria or smoking it as little as possible, just like alcohol or other drugs, and getting hooked to sport !!
Greetings

Fran_Alcantara's profile photo
Fran_Alcantara
09/13/2020 1:57 p.m.

I enter little, but I think the pot is going or we are going crazy, 🤔🤔

andrespmat's profile photo
andrespmat
09/13/2020 8:51 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.