{'en': 'Marijuana and diabetes', 'es': 'Marihuana y diabetes'} Image

Marijuana and diabetes

haceaire77's profile photo   09/09/2020 10:07 p.m.

Good again,

I see that a lot of stir has risen about the comment I made and just wanted to clarify a couple of things.

This is a forum and of course it is to solve doubts but .....

Just as a person commenting that has their levels of sugary bad and if it is for white bread, it is told to consume integral or because a piece of cake has been eaten it is told to avoid sweets .....

What would you be?Gentlemen is asking for drugs, just as I would ask for a whiskey cubate or if a line got into.

Eye with this I do not say that this person is consuming it for another reason that is not the one who has commented on pains but ... it is still something that affects our body and much, not directly but indirectly.

marine's profile photo
marine
09/14/2020 8:38 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Hello.I am type 1 diabetic and marijuana and hashis consumption for 15 years to daily.@doaire77 have you noticed if it is with any kind of marijuana in particular?And if it is always that you smoke it?or just sometimes?A few years ago I spent something strange and similar to a type of hashis, during the week I was smoking it was as if the sugar was regulated, it was strange because it began what the sugar began over 80-90, whenNormally at that time I was outlined a bit, which was after dinner, always after dinner I have updated for years, it is my worst time and I still have them although now I have continuous measurement and I take them better, but that week it was very differentAnd I don't know if he had something to do.I will always keep the doubt ...

eldani's profile photo
eldani
09/14/2020 9:04 a.m.

As some have said, what marijuana does in normal conditions is rather lowering the blood sugar level ... it is smoke, and the smoke has no calories, and add some things that you have said (...@MAKAVAZQ)

I smoke from time to time, and of course the sugar does not rise, rather the low (as well as the tension), so that if you have injected fast insulin a few hours ago (with what you have an active insulin in the blood)And you don't take anything with calories, you may end up in hypoglycemia in not much time.

Conclusion:
1st The thing is not to take drugs of course ... All drugs can affect blood glucose levels.
2nd If you do, control it and have a glass of fruit juice, or similar.

And calm, life is complicated, all this is part of life or not.

JUAN DAVID 's profile photo
JUAN DAVID
09/15/2020 1:12 a.m.

I beg you that the value and moral judgments are kept for you.A person has come to ask with total respect and some answers have been out of place, and it is not the first time this happens.I have deleted the comments that did not come to mind, I suppose you will all understand.In the forum we are here to help and advise, not to give moral lessons and when someone asks with education it is to answer in the same way.Greetings for everyone.

nigiri's profile photo
nigiri
09/16/2020 4:46 p.m.

DM1 desde 1990 - Fiasp y Toujeo - HG: 6,1

I do not encourage drugs, regardless of whether you are diabetic or not, it is damaging your health for no reason.

marta5's profile photo
marta5
09/17/2020 11:59 a.m.

I am totally against drug use, although I understand that in some very specific cases they have a therapeutic use that has to be scheduled by a medical professional and that requires close follow -up.E.g.Extreme pain cases that are treated with morphine, etc ...

In any case, I agree with what @nigiri has commented

The position of the moderation team of the forum is that you can talk about everything, always with respect, from responsibility, and avoiding offending other users, whether they agree with the opinions expressed, as if not.

I recommend checking the Forum standards In case there is any questions.

Greetings,

fer's profile photo
fer
09/17/2020 2:28 p.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

makesaire77 said:
Hello,

I am a daily consumer of marijuana and I have been experiencing some very strange things for some time and it is often the glucose in 250 or more then I have consumed marijuana and in less than 30 minutes I have come to have even hyperglycemia.

Did anyone know how to explain something to what happens?

Thank you!

Marijuana and hashis lower glucose

yolayol's profile photo
yolayol
09/20/2020 11:26 a.m.

Hi Eldani I would like to see the curve that your continuous meter does in one day.And if it is reflected in some way the times you smoke

Paco Iriarte Vañó's profile photo
Paco Iriarte Vañó
09/21/2020 9:38 a.m.

This article is still:

Link

He speaks that according to a study marijuana consumers have fasting insulin levels 16% lower than non -consumers.This could explain that you give you a downturn when consuming it.It seems that it could make you more insulin sensitive.I have not found anything that says that glucose goes down, but if it makes you more insulin sensitive, it can make sense to lower glucose.I also add up with this that after smoking usually gives a lot of hunger and could be due to a decrease in glucose.This happens in non -diabetics too, after smoking they are usually very hungry and those of us who have diabetes know that when fast glucose goes down or we are in hypoglycemia, it hungry for a blow.
I do see meaning to what happens to you but I don't know much about the subject.I know that the use of marijuana (or some compounds of the plant) is investigated to treat several diseases such as anorexia, the lack of appetite in chemotherapy processes, pain in some diseases and some more that I do not remember.I also know people who have tried it while I was in chemio and has helped him with nausea and appetite.Investigate a little online to see if you find the study they speak in the article and clarify something else.

Yessica_A's profile photo
Yessica_A
09/21/2020 2:22 p.m.

DM1 desde 2003 | Toujeo + Humalog | FreeStyle 2 | HbA1c 5.5

It seems to me a brutal disrespect that in a forum that seems serious the moderators give pábulo to if I smoke a firecracker ...
The day someone asked what happens if it gets stripe or a chute of heroine, you will also give advice ???? 😳😳😳😳😳😳

Repipa's profile photo
Repipa
09/27/2020 10:50 p.m.

Tresiba 14 unidades a las 14:00 horas
Novorapid a demanda,pluma júnior medias unidades
MCG Dexcom G6
43 años diabética 💪

paco Iriarte vañó said:
Hi Eldani I would like to see the curve that your continuous meter does in a day.And if it is reflected in some ways that you smoke, thanks

Hello, I would not mind showing you my meter's curve, but I don't know what you expect to see ... it will be like any diabetic I suppose, with its more and less, its best days and its worst days.To see the impact of smoking, we should compare a day that smokes with one that does not smoke, but one day it seems little, better a whole week smoking and a whole week without smoking, but equally I ask, someone who does not smoke, is thatAny diabetic has 2 weeks old?Honestly I think no.If you smoke take away the desire for activity and non -activity + diabetes because they do not get along very well.In any case I try smoking a small amount a little more and always measuring the level of sugar, to be calm, but I have never noticed a direct effect, except the time I tell above, but it was 1 time or a weekRather in 15 years and I don't even be sure that it was a direct cause but I have also heard that stress makes the sugar upload and if smoking relax then allocation around ... I do not tell you that something is not noticed, when you relaxIt does not rise to you, but we could also say that music lowers sugar, because not.Relax maybe yes.Also any questions answered without problems

I want to clarify one thing, I am not saying that marijuana does nothing, and that it can smoke without problems.If you have never probably smoked, not to say, you are going to get dizzy, maybe you get a decrease in tension and vomit, which is known as "yellow, or pale" vulgarly.That with diabetes does not feel well because if at the same time it gives you hypoglycemia because it can be very dangerous even mortal.But then there are people who usually consume like tobacco and diabetic alcohol and those first bad times left them behind years ago, and these people have or have the right to express ourselves as well as the one who takes a beer on Sundays lunch and wants and wantssay how he feels.For example, alcohol feels fatal to me, my body rejects it, it has to be a very special occasion to drink at most beer but each person is a world and the reality is what is, there are many people who smokeAnd it is diabetic.I have met 3 in person.

Greetings

eldani's profile photo
eldani
09/27/2020 11:12 p.m.

Hello, I was leafing through the forum and I have become a member only for this issue.I am DM1, and I am diabetic for 11 years.I have been smoking marijuana for about 8 years, and for about 6 practically daily.The first thing is that I am not going to comment on anything of the ethical - moral values ​​that I have seen, just say that each one carries their diabetes as he wants, as well as his life, and if someone has a doubt and can be answered then forWe are.

Answering the question, I have never noticed that marijuana has caused me hypoglycemia or hyperglycemia, although you have to be careful with the feeling of hungThe feeling of hunger that gives you hypoglycemia (they do not get confused).

What I do have to say is that on some occasions when I smoke, they give me what I call "false descent", that is, I feel that I am low but I have levels around 100-150, but at 15-20 minutes theHypoglycemia with 50-60 levels.It is as if "being smoked" I foresee the descent, which has not been caused by smoking I repeat again.
This has been going through for about 3 years and does not happen to me frequently, only sometimes.

Finally, in my personal experience I have to say that the reason I started smoking was precisely because when I started, I verified that I had no effect on diabetes (at least), because before that I drank when I went out there(In addition, drinks, which are controlled much worse than beer), and I got tired of being careful and having to be high for the hypoglycemia that gave me at 5 hours of having drunk alcohol, and seeing that marijuana does notIt had any effect, more than hunger, I decided to start smoking.

quepasa's profile photo
quepasa
11/05/2020 4:18 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.