Hello

pei88's profile photo   07/10/2020 5:37 p.m.

Hello, I am Cesar Tenegoc 46 years, I am new in the forum and in the world of diabetes, because I just found out that I suffer type 2 diabetes ...

pei88's profile photo
pei88
07/10/2020 5:37 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Welcome to the forum @pei88, I hope we can help you.;)

fer's profile photo
fer
07/10/2020 8:38 p.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

@pei88

Hello Cesar Welcome to the forum.You would tell us that medication sends you the endocrine.Remember to make glycemia controls regularly.The doctor will tell you.

In your case, with diabetes 2 they are very important to control two things: healthy and balanced eating and regular sport.If you do it will surely greatly improve your glycemia and you can have very controlled diabetes.The effort, which really is not much, is worth it.Ask for an appointment with a nutritionist and learn the composition of food, avoid hydrogenated fats, do not abuse food with high glycemic carbohydrates.All that can be taught by the nutritionist.You don't have to get diet.That is a mistake.If not eating varied, healthy, many vegetables and avoiding fried, juices, sugary drinks, etc.If you like the wine, keep it.I take my red wine with meals.

To food, you add regular sport, and you'll see in a few months.

All the best

jldiazdel's profile photo
jldiazdel
07/11/2020 11:53 a.m.

DM1 desde Marzo 2018 (53 años). 7-10 unidades basal: Abasaglar (insulina glargina). NovoRapid. Factor 1.0/1.5.
Vivo en Alemania. CarboH total dia 70-80 gr. Deporte Gym todos dias L-V 1h-2 h
HbA1c 5,5% (Abril 2022)
Dexcom G6

Welcome @pei88
Good advice has already given you @jldiazdel
That the forum serves you a lot;)

anif's profile photo
anif
07/11/2020 4:04 p.m.

DM2 (2019)

Hello, good afternoon.
I had not dared to write until today.I am new in the forum too.
I love reading about everyone's experiences, and seeing how they help.
I think it is essential to learn.I am officially type 1 diabetic for 4 months.I officially say, because I was diagnosed in March of this year 2020;But my organism is suffering from high glucose and insulin attacks for more than a year.
I still have no control, but I am improving with the test-error ...
I wanted to ask them a question.Before all this, on Fridays, with my family, I took a copy of red wine.Now I don't try it.I am afraid of the reaction of my body.Someone can tell me what I should do if I wanted to take a copy of wine someday.
A hug to all, and thanks for being there.

MariCruz's profile photo
MariCruz
07/11/2020 9:06 p.m.

@Maricruz A glass of daily wine says that it is counterproductive, on the contrary, many doctors defend it for being vasodilator (1 cup no more).

I of course now take more red wine (less glucose) than before, because before I took a brewer from time to time.Since I am a diabetic, I have replaced that brewer with red wine because I have seen that beer feels worse in glycemia.

Anyway, everything depends on how your body feels, on whether you put insulin or not ... but I don't think you have to give up it, knowing how it feels you.

anif's profile photo
anif
07/11/2020 10:10 p.m.

DM2 (2019)

Very welcome !!!And don't suffer ... how do you say

Emi1990's profile photo
Emi1990
07/11/2020 11:52 p.m.

Thank you :)
I think that when you drink alcohol, there may be glymous declines, and subsequently rises.
Has it ever happened to them?

MariCruz's profile photo
MariCruz
07/12/2020 12:15 a.m.

@Maricruz that's right, that's why you must control when you drink alcohol and not pass ...

anif's profile photo
anif
07/12/2020 12:28 a.m.

DM2 (2019)

Thanks Anif :)

MariCruz's profile photo
MariCruz
07/12/2020 1:07 a.m.

@Maricruz

I love wine, and the truth is that it does not affect me.In general, only if you drink strong alcohol especially in the afternoon you could have hypoglycemia at night.But if you take one or your wine drinks eating or having not affecting you.The best thing is that you try how your body reacts.

All the best

jldiazdel
07/12/2020 11:17 a.m.

DM1 desde Marzo 2018 (53 años). 7-10 unidades basal: Abasaglar (insulina glargina). NovoRapid. Factor 1.0/1.5.
HbA1c 5,5% (Abril 2022)
Dexcom G6

Thanks Jldiazdel.
At some point I will dare with a little quantity, to see what happens.

MariCruz's profile photo
MariCruz
07/12/2020 11:26 p.m.

@pei88 welcome to the forum.Surely you get the balance to continue enjoying.
@Maricruz tomato that copita, you will not have effects.I left beer with diabetes because of hydrates, but wine without problems.The glasses are something else, if they arrive at Hiccado, I do not drink but I have read a lot from the subject.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
07/13/2020 1:11 a.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

Thank you all and all for the welcome ... I explain a little I make 3 measurements a day, when I wake up, before the food and before dinner ... I don't give me these values ​​120/110/100 more or less volumeMetformin 1000mg 1pastilla after eating and another after dinner and also 20u of Lantus about 20 hours.
I make the 5 meals recommended vegetables or salad and iron meat, fish (to regret the beer and eliminated) if any glass of wine volume and the truth does not rise.I also go out to walk over 10km a day .. I accept all the advice to learn thanks for everything a great forum appears for what I look

pei88's profile photo
pei88
07/14/2020 12:46 p.m.

@pei88

I think you are doing very well.Q envy values.Keep it up and you'll see the results, without hurry but without pause.And keep the wine.Ah, I drink a very small beer when I'm low and it doesn't climb much.The Pills type.But in small quantity.

jldiazdel
07/14/2020 7:18 p.m.

HbA1c 5,5% (Abril 2022)
Dexcom G6

pei88 said:
thanks to all for the welcome ... I explain a little I make 3 measurements a day, when I get up, before the food and before dinner ... normallyThey give me these values ​​120/110/100 more or less I take metformin 1000mg 1pastilla after eating and another after dinner and also 20u of Lantus about 20 hours.
I make the 5 meals recommended vegetables or salad and iron meat, fish (to regret the beer and eliminated) if any glass of wine volume and the truth does not rise.I also go out to walk over 10km a day .. I accept all the advice to learn thanks for everything a great forum appears for what I look at

The truth is that you do it very well.
I have chosen to eat only three times a day, and I do well.
Exercise is fundamental.Congratulations.

MariCruz's profile photo
MariCruz
07/14/2020 11:21 p.m.

Is there anyone in the forum that has lada diabetes?

MariCruz's profile photo
MariCruz
07/14/2020 11:21 p.m.

Hello @maricruz

I am type 1 lad for more than 2 years now.In the end that you are lada if they have discovered it late when you need insulin is not very relevant.The important thing is that you are type 1 and you have to follow the same rapid and slow treatment.At first with the honeymoon, controlling the factors is complicated.Then you will stabilize.It is very important to adjust the basal, slow insulin.

All the best

jldiazdel
07/15/2020 9:17 a.m.

HbA1c 5,5% (Abril 2022)
Dexcom G6

Hi Jldiazdel.They diagnosed me 1 year after starting with symptoms.They did not give importance to the glycisilad hemoglobin of 6.8, or blood glucose above 125. He went 5 times a month to emergencies by edemas throughout my body and treated me with corticosteroids, which damaged me even more.But well, it is already solved
Now I have changed many habits.I had to have done it much earlier.My body spoke to me and I did not case.
Everything goes through something.Now I take care of me (I have no choice), and, although I am afraid, I feel better.
The only thing I don't have well controlled is the nights.I am afraid of the descent, and I always spend a little with dinner consciously.I will try to have dinner an hour before so as not to spend the upper night.
Have a good day.

MariCruz's profile photo
MariCruz
07/15/2020 9:26 a.m.

In case it serves you, I make very light dinners, for an about 100 gr of fish with some vegetables, less than 200 gr (and not count them) and then about 2 rations (20 gr carbohydrates) in fruit or whole wheat or whole bread or breadIntegral rice or comprehensive paste.I try to dine about two or better three hours before bed.That is to say past what they call the postprandial.Here I go to bed early, about 10:30 pm.If you lie around at 110-120 of blood glucose and get up in those figures, it is an indicator of that the basal is going well.
To avoid hypos it is best to have an MCG with alarm.Ask to give you the new free abbott 2, that will help you a lot.In many places in Spain they give it.Well if your finances allow it, do not doubt it and buy dexcom.

Greetings and good day

jldiazdel
07/15/2020 9:36 a.m.

HbA1c 5,5% (Abril 2022)
Dexcom G6

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.