Nasal glucagon

Regina's profile photo   07/26/2019 1:10 a.m.

I think it is already approved by the FDA.
We will have to ask the endocrine.
I don't know when it will get here.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
07/26/2019 1:10 a.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

@Regina
Thank you!, I will ask in August when I go to the endocrine to see when it arrives in Germany and tells me how it works.

jldiazdel's profile photo
jldiazdel
07/26/2019 9:50 a.m.

DM1 desde Marzo 2018 (53 años). 7-10 unidades basal: Abasaglar (insulina glargina). NovoRapid. Factor 1.0/1.5.
Vivo en Alemania. CarboH total dia 70-80 gr. Deporte Gym todos dias L-V 1h-2 h
HbA1c 5,5% (Abril 2022)
Dexcom G6

Thank you very much for the information.

mamarvazq's profile photo
mamarvazq
07/26/2019 6:10 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Financed for children under 18.
For adults, 100 euros are the dose.
Those shit if the FDA approves, but studies for healing has been prohibiting for 20 years.

Lowcarb's profile photo
Lowcarb
02/22/2022 9:33 a.m.

Hijo con 6 años con DM1. Novorrapid, Lantus, FreeStyle.

@Lowcarb, to have it at school, for example, it is a very important advance.Anyone can administer it.
The injected glucagon does not put anyone.
For me it would have been a huge tranquility to have it when my daughter was little.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
02/22/2022 9:42 a.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)

@Regina I understand you.I will even leave one at the house of my parents who have not yet adapted to the disease and are afraid to prick the child.
But this smells like business, not to facilitate life to Diabetics.We are his flock.
Sorry for negativity, but my 6 -year -old son has been diagnosed a month ago.

Lowcarb's profile photo
Lowcarb
02/22/2022 9:51 a.m.

I know that it is unfair but since I use the sensors with alarms, and with the new ultralent insulins, I have no fat hypos, I do not use glucagon years ago.
In addition with lower food in HC, you need less insulin and mm emos Happy danger as well.

meginer's profile photo
meginer
02/22/2022 11:24 a.m.

@Lowcarb

Having glycacon by hand for a child is no joke.It is extremely important.And even though a "business" can be your child's life.And that it is nasal is a great advance.Although it does not seem like it.

My niece as little gave a great nocturnal hypo, the worst.With his nerves my brother fell to the glycagon to the ground and broke.I was very nervous.Luckily they had two injections.It happened very badly.Because my nephew trembled and sweated.That is not business.It is saving your child's life.Buy minimum two nostrils from Baqsimi.By the way, I always have two and that I have sensor dexcom.If your child had severe hypoglycemia, it can save you.It is a very serious issue.And I'm sorry to tell you but sooner or later it will have hypoglycemia and some strong.

Now there are sensors, another business probably but that helps a lot and we have improved life to many, specifically to me, because I can sleep.My brother got up every three hours to take blood measures and alternated with his wife.Get an idea.Every night!During every day.Think it.You probably don't get an idea of ​​how hard it is.Me neither.I always comment with him.No one knows what happened like them.Even even I have diabetes now, it has nothing to see.Absolutely nothing.I have my Dexcom sensor that emits every 5 m my glucose level on my mobile and I read it on my watch.And I sleep.And I have alarms.You have nothing to see.Yes, a business, but I can sleep!Ah, and do sports 😊

All the best

jldiazdel
02/22/2022 8:50 p.m.

DM1 desde Marzo 2018 (53 años). 7-10 unidades basal: Abasaglar (insulina glargina). NovoRapid. Factor 1.0/1.5.
HbA1c 5,5% (Abril 2022)
Dexcom G6

I agree, everything adds.
My son sleeps with Free Style and is in the honeymoon phase, so the variability every day is different and many alarms jump.
We also turn every 2 hours still having a sensor (once it did not sound, it turns out that the mobile closed the application automatically to save energy).

Lowcarb's profile photo
Lowcarb
02/22/2022 9:20 p.m.

I also have a niece who with three years diagnosed DM1 now has 31, has made a normal life and has been the one that has made me normalize my diabetes and take it like any of the thousands of diseases that must be taken care of. The worst enemyThat I have found it has been ignorance, family, friends, coworkers, doctors and above all and what has most pissed off the ignorance of endocrine. I understand you, I understand and support you lowcarb, but you will see that when thetime and have more theoretical knowledge and monitoring those of your child, you will make normal life and your son more than you. A hug

Alberto_13's profile photo
Alberto_13
02/22/2022 9:28 p.m.

DM3c desde 2018; hb 6 % (feb.. 2022) (tresiba+fiasp+metformina)

@Lowcarb, my daughter started with five years and with crazy insulins, rigid food schedules and continuous risk of hypos.
Blind almost, anguish every time I left her in the school, I was going to see her in recess ... it was at her side and woke up when she changed her breathing because she entered hiccup, she gave her juice and miraculously continued sleeping.I was lucky to be able to work in the afternoon shift, there were no paid permits that parents can now request.
I remember the anguish that drowned me and the psychiatric treatment I had.My husband was the same or worse, because he never wanted to treat.
He never had serious hypoglycemia, although the glucometer marked 30 many times, there were no sensors.
And she lived quiet and happy, she is an architect, she is passionate about her work, and has a perfect analytics, removing glucose, of course.
I continue here in the forum, which helped me a lot with the change of insulins and gave me another perspective of life, because the endocrine that touched me in the hospital was a savage telling me things.
If I get to know that everything was going so well, I would not have suffered half.
My daughter is already 33 years old, when yours is, I don't know if you will be cured, but treatments will allow you to live as if you were.
Much encouragement and a lot of patience, but do not be distressed, that everything will be better and better.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
02/23/2022 1:08 a.m.

@Regina, the parents and children of before you are some heroes ... Testimonies like yours are the ones that give me strength but I also understand @lowcarb XK I have the assurance that at this point in the film we could live without type 1 diabetes andmore seeing how quickly progressed in Covid.Knowing that your child could live without this cross or with an easier handling hurts a lot.

That you continue after 2 years from the diagnosis waiting for an associated sensor pump and do not know when it is going to arrive ... and does not care about anyone ... That is the sad thing about all this, that there is the technology that would facilitate its lifeThey have to continue as 5 or 6 years ago ... that begins to annoy me more than their own diabetes.

Isi's profile photo
Isi
02/23/2022 10:48 a.m.

@Isi, that bomb will come soon because they are getting, especially in children.And I have a 25 -year -old friend, who had a bad control and they have already granted it ..
There is a group on Facebook, which is called pirates with diabetes, where they are starting to talk about that bomb.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
02/23/2022 1:34 p.m.

@Lowcarb

If your finances allow it, plan to change the Dexcom G6 sensor.You can sleep peacefully.I have had it for three years (he was at the beginning with Abbott and gave me allergy in the skin) and works wonderfully.
It only requires some calibration the first day and is already.When it usually gives something more war is the first day, in general.In fact, blood control strips are always expired.I only spend about three a week.I don't need them anymore.And he has never failed at night or for the day.Only some connection loss that quickly recovers.Via Bluetooth works and communicates with the mobile every 5 m.I always use iPhone.At night I remove data, so that no one bothers me and only leave Bluetooth on.And you can configure a night alarm and another day.And of course share data with another mobile.
On your website you have a lot of information.The unfortunate thing is that in Spain they do not finance it and is very expensive.But it is money (if you can afford it) very well spent, in my opinion.
If you decide, the change is substantial.And you can sleep.

It is not the solution, but the quality of life improves a lot, and for now that is the only thing you can do, improve the quality of life of your child and your most as possible.

In the forum you have old related topics.If you need more info, you can always open a topic or reuse an old

All the best

jldiazdel
02/23/2022 2:40 p.m.

HbA1c 5,5% (Abril 2022)
Dexcom G6

@Lowcarb the Dexom as @jldiazdel says is the best thing that can have you today, the bad price.

Another option to try to refine freestyle data is to use the Diabox app that allows calibrations with capillary results so that it is gradually closer to reality.It also has alarm system, high voice of readings, etc.Because it measures every 5min by Bluetooth (long distance, it measures me between rooms) and gives you the measure in the mobile, you do not need to scan as with the FreeLink app.The other advantage is that it gives you values ​​of your control to 1d, 7d, 14d, 1m or 3m as:

<> average glucose
<> EHBA1C
<> Standar Deviation: Glycemic variation
<> GVI: Variability
<> PGS which is very better than EHBA1C because it feeds on 4 factors: glucose, variability, time in range and hypoglycemia

Take an eye on the forum, there are many Diabox post.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
02/23/2022 6:02 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

@Regina I take care of how hard it should be before, but I still have those problems today.There is still variability between the same HC reactions, we have strict food and qualities schedules, risk of hypoglycemia (honeymoon), much fear of taking it to school, I get up 3 times at night to look at glycemia.
Once the mobile did not give the hypoglycemia signal (there are mobiles that close applications in the background to save battery).The scare that I took when I scanned and was 48mg/dl, another frustration.
I know there have been improvements, but there are still the same problems.

I will look at the Dexcom with interest.
And the Diabox app.Thanks for the tips.

Lowcarb's profile photo
Lowcarb
02/23/2022 7:40 p.m.

@jldiazdel oysters, minimum 500 euros per month ...
I am a family doctor in Spain, after a 12 -year career of machaque and opposition only 2000 euros a month.With the mortgage and expenses I barely have 500 left to save ...

Lowcarb's profile photo
Lowcarb
02/23/2022 7:56 p.m.

@Lowcarb in Spain Finish you social security.They have offered it several times but I have rejected it because I do not like to carry in some way a catheter all day.

Look to see in your community what requirements ask for and with "influences" you get it.I know that children are being assigned.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
02/24/2022 8:56 a.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

ruthbia said:
@lowcarb in Spain Finish you social security.They have offered it several times but I have rejected it because I do not like to carry in some way a catheter all day.

Look to see in your community what requirements ask for and with "influences" you get it.I know that children are being assigned.

When I saw that it was about 500 euros/month I threw myself back.I have not investigated whether it is financed, but I also did not read that VAT directly to Vena as you say (I suppose that the catheter you comment goes to Vena, so it is so accurate).Nor does the idea cool, not only because of the risk of infection, but for having to prick every 10 days.My child has very small veins and always requires 2 or 3 punctures the poor ...

Lowcarb's profile photo
Lowcarb
02/24/2022 9:43 a.m.

@Lowcarb, which carries catheter is a pump connected to a sensor, which is what is financing in children.780g.
But the Dexcom sensor does not carry any catheter, and it is the one that I do not think it is still offered ... let's let us let us choose soon, because it seems much safer.Q the free
My daughter is seeing that the last three days the free gives you lower values ​​than the capillary.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
02/24/2022 1:29 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.