{'en': 'Diabetes has become my obsession', 'es': 'La diabetes se ha convertido en mi obsesión'} Image

Diabetes has become my obsession

Jose3332's profile photo   08/15/2019 10:40 p.m.

Hello good,

I have been with diabetes for 6 years and I really think I don't stop thinking about it, after each meal I wonder if I have punctured the right thing, sometimes the thought comes from whether I am going to have a hiccup or a hyper (I hate the twoLikewise, I do not know if it happens to someone else, but it is hard for me to talk when I get up at 200 ~).

I have reached a point where as much as I try, I can't help having at least 4 decompensations per week.

And really the fact of having a hypoglycemia terrifies me, since for whatever I am doing (how to study) and really bother me.

I am sorry to say all this for this forum ..

PD: My HBA1C is 6%

Jose3332's profile photo
Jose3332
08/15/2019 10:40 p.m.

TIPO I
Con Apidra y Toujeo.
HBA1c 6%

@Jose332, here we are in the forum to talk about our things of Diabetics.I might recommend that you do not overwhelm ... It is a good start talking about your anguish.I made a pact with my diabetes;I would make a lot of effort to be fine, and then she (diabetes) goes to her ball.We are not in continuous fight.Greetings.

solaria's profile photo
solaria
08/15/2019 11:41 p.m.

Debut 46 â- 2012. DM1. Celiaquía e intolerancia lactosa. Anemia perniciosa.
MiniMed 640g + SmartGuard.

@Jose3332

I don't have 2 years and I recognize that it is very "tired."You can not relax much, but with the sensors and modern technology it gets much better than before.

I have a friend who started about 45 years ago!When I met her and went on vacation with other friends to the mountain, that was complicated.With the boats with insulin, in packages with coolers, and some injections that were afraid.And the poor had some terrible whim when we made routes through the field.That if I had merit.Now I always tell him and laugh.

Cheer up
As is Friday, good weekend!

jldiazdel's profile photo
jldiazdel
08/16/2019 5:23 p.m.

DM1 desde Marzo 2018 (53 años). 7-10 unidades basal: Abasaglar (insulina glargina). NovoRapid. Factor 1.0/1.5.
Vivo en Alemania. CarboH total dia 70-80 gr. Deporte Gym todos dias L-V 1h-2 h
HbA1c 5,5% (Abril 2022)
Dexcom G6

Is what diabetes has

Sherpa41's profile photo
Sherpa41
08/16/2019 7:13 p.m.

En 1922 descubrieron la insulina, en 1930 la insulina lenta. ¿Que c*** han hecho desde entonces?

I have been with diabetes for 36 years, I assure you that today it is very easy to live with it.At 7 years when I debuted it was very strange and complicated at the same time, I was with a fridge and insulin boats, I punctured me with syringe and the diet was terrible .... I fed me with a boiled iron and vegetables.
I began to be happy when I knew 2 years later to the doctor who continues to take me today, I could finally know that it was to eat, to be able to go to a bar and inject the insulin without I care what others will think.Anyway, with this, I want to tell you that you have to learn to live with her, it is part of you and if you accept it, it will be when your mind relates and your controls will be good.
Nothing happens to go up to 300 nor do any hypo from time to time, because to its fair measure TB enriches your knowledge.

vanessa30's profile photo
vanessa30
08/16/2019 10:23 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

I share what the companion @vanessa30 says I have been a little less 34 years old, but like her 34 years ago grilled meat and vegetables and only a piece of fruit.
Today I want, that yes, you have to have very good training.I do sport ultrafond tests too, I can maintain online glycemia both at the sports and dailybefore and the peaks are not those of before or by Asomo.
With good training, it is true we have to be aware of it, you can do what you want.If you use MCG you must learn very well and mentalize to use the alarms very well and not be all day giving the Botoncito to see how the glycemia go.
Do not stop fighting because you'll see how good what you will do.

jconegar's profile photo
jconegar
08/19/2019 9:47 a.m.

Miembro del equipo moderador del foro.

Ultima prueba realizada:
Maratón San Petesrburgo (Rusia)
https://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/07/maraton-san-petersburgo-rusa-42195-mts.html

Prueba deportiva Ruta de las Fortalezas.
http://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/05/ruta-de-las-fortalezas-2019-54700.html

Facebook: Jorge Moto
Usuario Dexcom G6 y microinfusora Tandem T: Slim X2 Basal IQ

Not everyone can say that it is formed in diabetes, there are those who have never had an educator, nurse, etc.
Not everyone can or sometimes we don't want to carry MCG.
We always give things for done and we are wrong.
Diabetes is the same now as before.There are more means, more advances ... ??It can be, but the disease does not change and it is a can to carry with it.
A decrease or a rush enrich knowledge?

@Jose332, there are seasons that are controlled worse, but the potholes pass.Focus a time on your diabetes and then it will be easier to carry.Once you control you live more relaxed.

Anaisabel's profile photo
Anaisabel
08/19/2019 9:56 p.m.

Anisabel said:
Not everyone can say that it is formed in diabetes, there are those who have never had an educator, nurse, etc.
Not everyone can or sometimes we don't want to carry MCG.
We always give things for done and we are wrong.
Diabetes is the same now as before.There are more means, more advances ... ??It can be, but the disease does not change and it is a can to carry with it.
A decrease or a rush enrich knowledge?

@Jose332, there are seasons that are controlled worse, but the potholes pass.Focus a time on your diabetes and then it will be easier to carry.Once you control you live more relaxed.

You carry all the reason of the Miundo there are those who have never had an educator, nurse, etc.And all the talks that the associations give totally free of charge?They always remain empty, you don't have to have an educator or nurse always but read a lot and attend everything that can be 99% of the time due to neglect, I differ in that part that you comment.
When I go to these talks of the associations that I go to all in the area and not very close to me and I see this with that of tens of thousands of people with diabetes there are me burns because then we complain, and I do not say it for you,but in general, but get closer to some that give for your area and it is a real shame that those people who usually go to teach are left without people to slap and give the talk to 3 people and always the same.
It is true that diabetes is always and will always be a mess that makes us pending it and it is difficult for us to control.

jconegar's profile photo
jconegar
08/20/2019 8:13 a.m.

Ultima prueba realizada:
https://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/07/maraton-san-petersburgo-rusa-42195-mts.html

http://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/05/ruta-de-las-fortalezas-2019-54700.html

Diabetes is the same in effect, diseases do not change, but progress has made us take a much better quality of life.
It should not be dramatized, we are normal and currents and except another disease that can be taken, diabetes allows us to lead a life like that of any other person.
In my case there was no educator and yes, it is enriched in knowledge because from time to time it is good to have hypoglycemia or hyper pq helps the body know the insulin that we have put more or less.
There comes a time that for practice we know more than our own doctors.
Of course there will be opinions of all kinds, but from experience we speak like that, we say it with knowledge of cause 😉

vanessa30
08/20/2019 8:23 a.m.

@jconegar I agree with you that it is not necessary for you to form to be formed.I am one of those that I have only seen the educator the week of the debut and still I have enough knowledge about how to control my illness.We cannot be waiting for us to give us everything, it is our health and we are also responsible for it.Formations should be organized from the public but that is not done is not an excuse not to form in another way.Today with the Internet who does not train in something is because he does not want to.And if we talk about older people who cost them the technologies there are always diabetic associations that organize talks or give you the opportunity to meet other people who surely have no problem teaching you things.I do see this disease good is that there are many selfless people who transmit their knowledge and try to help everything to others in their same situation.
And I also think they have improved a lot for 30 years.My sister debuted about 30 and that was horrible, the insulins of roads that you could not take without a fridge anywhere, eat every time so that it would not go down ... regardless of whether you carry MCG or not, only the new insulins andBolis already greatly improve the quality of life.Now with a cold portfolio you can go wherever you want days without worrying about insulin.Before for a simple school excursion, an ice bag had to be taken and they only endured a few hours.

Yessica_A's profile photo
Yessica_A
08/20/2019 8:35 a.m.

DM1 desde 2003 | Toujeo + Humalog | FreeStyle 2 | HbA1c 5.5

Yesssica_a said:
@jconegar I agree with you that it is not necessary that you form to be formed.I am one of those that I have only seen the educator the week of the debut and still I have enough knowledge about how to control my illness.We cannot be waiting for us to give us everything, it is our health and we are also responsible for it.Formations should be organized from the public but that is not done is not an excuse not to form in another way.Today with the Internet who does not train in something is because he does not want to.And if we talk about older people who cost them the technologies there are always diabetic associations that organize talks or give you the opportunity to meet other people who surely have no problem teaching you things.I do see this disease good is that there are many selfless people who transmit their knowledge and try to help everything to others in their same situation.
And I also think they have improved a lot for 30 years.My sister debuted about 30 and that was horrible, the insulins of roads that you could not take without a fridge anywhere, eat every time so that it would not go down ... regardless of whether you carry MCG or not, only the new insulins andBolis already greatly improve the quality of life.Now with a cold portfolio you can go wherever you want days without worrying about insulin.Before for a simple school excursion, an ice bag had to be taken and they only endured a few hours.

34 years ago we had been heating of coffee heater with more exactly cubes and the insulin vial hung from a resistant thread that endured with the hill of the plug so that the insulin did not touch the ice.He himself put the syringes to carry less loose and scattered things.

But I also think that to have spent 34 we have not advanced so much, they give us things with counts and in a bad way hiding many things.

jconegar's profile photo
jconegar
08/20/2019 11:39 a.m.

Ultima prueba realizada:

It was advanced if, but in technology not in treatment, we continue to depend on insulin and hypos remain equal and the hyper also remain equal, the treatment was, it remains and will continue to be insulin either injected or by bomb but in the endInsulin, it is very frustrating not to see a real cure and even worse I am convinced that there are probably something there are but they will never bring to light because the pharmaceutical empire falls.

FERLE's profile photo
FERLE
08/20/2019 2 p.m.

DT1
MINIMED 640G
FREESTYLE LIBRE

ferle said:
advanced yes, but in technology not in treatment, we continue to depend on insulin and hypos are still equal and hyper are also still the same, the treatment was, it remains andIt will remain insulin either injected or by bomb but in the end it always insulin, it is very frustrating not to see a real cure and even worse I am convinced that there are probably something there are ever they will bring to light because the pharmaceutical empire falls.

34 years and is a real advance?At age 13 there were no mobiles and now there are watches that have internet and you can call, that is an advance.
Too many years for what they have given us.

jconegar's profile photo
jconegar
08/20/2019 3:17 p.m.

Ultima prueba realizada:

jconegar said:
ferle said:
advanced yes, but in technology not in treatment, we continue to depend on insulin and hypos are still the same and theHiper are also still the same, the treatment was, it remains and will continue to be insulin either injected or by bomb but in the end, it is very frustrating not to see a real cure and worse still I am convinced that there is probably something there is already but ever everThey will bring to light because the pharmaceutical empire falls.

34 years and is a real advance?At age 13 there were no mobiles and now there are watches that have internet and you can call, that is an advance.

The first thing I said was advanced if, but in technology all that quotes is technology, it is not a medical advance or do you see that the treatment has changed?Do you keep using the same treatment that was used since the years before Christ (exaggerating) and what was it?Insulin, nothing more.

FERLE's profile photo
FERLE
08/20/2019 3:29 p.m.

DT1
MINIMED 640G
FREESTYLE LIBRE

Let's see Esq guys can only offer us insulin because it is precisely what our body cannot "manufacture."
The person who does not have diabetes works the same with the difference that when eating is their own organism that automatically regulates its insulin.

vanessa30
08/20/2019 3:55 p.m.

I

ferle said:
jconegar said:
ferle said:
ferle said:
advanced yes, but in technology not in treatment, we continue to depend on insulin and hypos remain equal and hyper also remain the same, the treatment was, it remains and will continue to be insulin either injected or by bomb but in the end it always insulin, it is very frustrating not to see a real real cureAnd even worse I am convinced that there are probably something there are ever they will bring to light because the pharmaceutical empire falls.

The first thing I said was advanced if, but in technology all that quotes is technology, it is not a medical advance or do you see that the treatment has changed?Do you keep using the same treatment that was used since the years before Christ (exaggerating) and what was it?Insulin, nothing more.

I think you haven't read well.For me it has not advanced in technology because 34 years for an MCG I see it a nonsense.
At the insulin level they have not advanced so much regular humulin that by the effect of 30 to 40 to the FIASP that takes effect of the 15 to 20 min and if you are above 140 turns off and let's go.

Part

jconegar's profile photo
jconegar
08/20/2019 10:57 p.m.

Ultima prueba realizada:

vanessa30 said:
Let's see children can only offer us insulin PQ is precisely what our body cannot "manufacture".
The person who does not have diabetes works the same with the difference that when eating is their own organism that automatically regulates its insulin.

Well, they advance in really insulin and do not wait for the patent to give us what was already investigated and created.
They give us things with droppers.
How long does the PEN have?What is its size from the beginning?Less than half of its size is insulin.

jconegar's profile photo
jconegar
08/20/2019 10:59 p.m.

Ultima prueba realizada:

jconegar said:
me
ferle said:
jconegar said:
jconegar said:
It was advanced yes, but in technology not in treatment, we continue to depend on insulin and hypos remain equal and hyper also remain equal, the treatment was, it remains and will continue to be insulin either injected or by bomb but by bomb butIn short, it is always insulin, it is very frustrating not to see a real cure and even worse I am convinced that there are probably something there are ever they will bring to light because the pharmaceutical empire falls.

I think you haven't read well.For me it has not advanced in technology because 34 years for an MCG I see it a nonsense.
At the insulin level they have not advanced so much regular humulin that by the effect of 30 to 40 to the FIASP that takes effect of the 15 to 20 min and if you are above 140 turns off and let's go.

Part

And the truth is that much did not advance at all, if it was insulin, they would have killed themselves to create an insulin Smart of a weekly type and nose type dose, that "activate the pancreas weekly" and do not produce hip or hypers and keep you inrank absorbing carbohydrates, I know it is to dream but that would have been a millenary and revolutionary advance.

FERLE's profile photo
FERLE
08/20/2019 11:45 p.m.

DT1
MINIMED 640G
FREESTYLE LIBRE

@jconegar if you are right, and I hope that in the near future we can have what you tell us.
At the moment we have to live every day in the best possible way

vanessa30
08/21/2019 1:26 a.m.

Hello Jose, I believe that the feeling of being obsessed is normal, and you will have more in the head and sometimes less.This is your normality now, having type 1 diabetes and thinking about hydrates and blood glucose.It is normal for us.It is best to accept it and still feel fortunate to be able to live this life, which although it has advanced little for the technology that there has been progress, as people comment.

It is a roll and that is so, and there will be bad moments, but everyone has bad moments for the reasons.The important thing is to learn to manage it so that they do not rate us, or ralle as little as possible.Same realities can be very different for different people, it depends as they handle.Now it is affecting you but it will not always be like this, especially if you try to look from another perspective and learn to relativize it.

Do not expend yourself in excess, take care of yourself but trying to make it a pleasure, and if you have peaks you will not feel bad.Even people without diabetes have peaks.
Hypoglycemia in some moments annoyed a lot, for example, Dexcom vibrated the other day just when I had just slept.It bothered me a lot, but it is what there is.It doesn't happen every day

I have reached these conclusions and I see that many limits we put them ourselves.

Greetings

Maritxu22's profile photo
Maritxu22
09/05/2019 1:36 p.m.

DM1 desde abril 2006. 33años
Tresiba:12-14
Fiasp a demanda
Dexcom G6

Última HbA1c: 6% (junio)

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.