{'en': 'What needles do you better?', 'es': '¿Qué agujas os funcionan mejor?'} Image

What needles do you better?

Jgo's profile photo   08/23/2020 11:08 a.m.

Hello...

I am using 4mm 32g needles that are the ones that my endocrine recommends me.

I am 14 years old and thin, but when using them it hurts a lot in all places, especially when insulin enters.

I am about to start asking for 5mm because I think they could go better, although the doctor does not recommend them.

Could they go well yet being thin?

What brand and size do you usually use?

Thank you!

Jgo's profile photo
Jgo
08/23/2020 11:08 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

5mm needles could work very well (or maybe 6mm).
The best brands are BD (Becton Dickinson) or verifine them.

mamarvazq's profile photo
mamarvazq
08/23/2020 11:13 a.m.

I better 8mm

Sherpa41's profile photo
Sherpa41
08/23/2020 8:55 p.m.

En 1922 descubrieron la insulina, en 1930 la insulina lenta. ¿Que c*** han hecho desde entonces?

BDs are very good and very reliable.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
08/24/2020 1:34 a.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

The ones that I like the most are the BD, but in the health center they no longer give them ... I use now verifine from 6 and quite well.
If you are thin, maybe 5mm for you is ideal ...

SilviaGRZ's profile photo
SilviaGRZ
08/24/2020 6:49 p.m.

Silvia (España)
Fiaps + Insulatard
Díabética desde los 4 años. Ahora tengo 37.
Hbg 6'9..

I used 5 mm from the BD brand and was delighted.(When I debuted with 10 years, they gave me 12 mm, nothing to do with the measures now :))

macarron_con_diabetes's profile photo
macarron_con_diabetes
08/26/2020 8:40 p.m.

DM1 desde Julio 1992 (con 11 años).
Bomba Medtronic 780G con Novorapid.
HbA1c: 5,9% (Octubre 2022), TIR 91%

I use 5mm BD and they do very well.
Why do you say that the best ones are a little longer?What does it influence to hurt less?

Carussa's profile photo
Carussa
08/26/2020 9:53 p.m.

DM1 desde octubre de 2019 | Toujeo + Fiasp | FreeStyle | febrero 2023: HbA1c 5,7

carussa said:
I use 5mm bd and they do very well.
Why do you say that the best ones are a little longer?What does it influence to hurt less?

What influences to hurt less is the amount of nerve endings that exist under the skin in the puncture area.
Sometimes a slightly longer needle works according to the physical construction of each person.

mamarvazq's profile photo
mamarvazq
08/27/2020 12:01 p.m.

mamarvazq said:
carussa said:
I use 5mm bd and they do very well.

What influences to hurt less is the amount of nerve endings that exist under the skin in the puncture area.
Sometimes a slightly longer needle works according to the physical construction of each person.

Thank you!

Carussa's profile photo
Carussa
08/27/2020 12:32 p.m.

DM1 desde octubre de 2019 | Toujeo + Fiasp | FreeStyle | febrero 2023: HbA1c 5,7

6mm BD, but with blue lid, I haven't tried anything better, used for more than 10 years, until I went to the bomb

jerkemer's profile photo
jerkemer
08/31/2020 9:42 p.m.

Hello.
I am using the 5 mm BD.They are the ones that give me in my health center and they are greatly, as for the insulin pain, it is not very cold and take it out a few minutes before the refrigerator or leave it out since it endures until 25*.

JMJPN's profile photo
JMJPN
09/06/2020 1:27 p.m.

How about JGO, if you pass at 5 mm always use a pinch and never use 8 mm since you most likely place intramuscular injection.I think insulin you have that feeling because you place it very suddenly do not leave pause.In my autonomous community they give us a brand of needles quite a bad follow Shard of 5 and 8 mm.If you had to buy the needles in a pharmacy, the 20 best cost 100 units about € 40 there are some navo nordisk that I think they cost 100 needles € 14 can be reusing if it touches they take a retention valve are good. If the moderators allow itAny questions you have can ask me with confidence.A young greeting.

2piuviato1frts's profile photo
2piuviato1frts
01/13/2021 10:17 p.m.

K5288pn25.

I use 8mm from BD, but they also give me another very bad brand, so much that I have once folded to the picharme.
I had to buy them twice because I forgot them at home, and an 8mm BD box, 100 units, cost me € 22 in 2019.

So that it does not hurt you you have to be relaxed, it happens to me with stress.If I am nervous, tense my skin and it hurts a lot, I also get a great Moraton.There are areas where insulin briefs, for example on the waist sides, according to days and time.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
01/15/2021 9:43 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

ruthbia said:
I use 8mm bd, but they also give me another very bad brand, so much that I have once folded to the picharme.
I had to buy them twice because I forgot them at home, and an 8mm BD box, 100 units, cost me € 22 in 2019.

So that it does not hurt you you have to be relaxed, it happens to me with stress.If I am nervous, tense my skin and it hurts a lot, I also get a great Moraton.There are areas where insulin briefs, for example on the waist sides, according to days and time.

Well, 8mm advocate it
Link

Alberto_13's profile photo
Alberto_13
01/15/2021 11:08 p.m.

DM3c desde 2018; hb 6 % (feb.. 2022) (tresiba+fiasp+metformina)

I am sure k, 8mm does not work for me. BD There are many prices.When I bought it has been direct at the factory.Fraga to be exact.And I have been trying needles of six or seven brands since the preloaded pen exists. What we all agree is that the material that is not delivering our nurse is not the best quality there is.20 years ago they delivered a lot of better material than they give us today.If we agreed all perhaps something could be claimed.Good night to everyone ⁰

Piuvato

2piuviato1frts
01/16/2021 12:19 a.m.

K5288pn25.

@Alberto_13, true they advise him because of the hypothetical possibility of becoming intramuscular, but in 6 years, it has not happened to me.

My problem is that with those of 6mm or less it does not make insulin a lot or it seems to me because I am chubby and I guess it costs me more to notice the effect.The 8mm are doing well.

@2piuviato1frts I suppose there are many prices.I bought them in Pharmacy because when I arrived at the beach, I had left the needles at home, I was not to pilgrimage by pharmacies or search online.
What he bought online is glucose strips because since I subsidize the freestyle no longer give me, and as we all know it is necessary to make capillaries to ensure decision making.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
01/16/2021 2:04 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

ruthbia said:

What he bought online are glucose strips because since I subsidize the freestyle no longer give me, and as we all know it is necessary to make capillaries to ensure decision making.

I am very surprised that they don't give you reactive strips.They subsidize the freestyle and continue to renew the recipe (1 every 8 hours, as before having the FS, although fortunately now I barely need them).Taking into account that you have to calibrate on certain occasions, it seems fundamental to me to prescribe them.

Anuska's profile photo
Anuska
01/16/2021 9:32 p.m.

Hello everyone, I don't know what communities you are in but I live in Madrid and use bomb and free free, and in my outpatient of Fuenlabrada they continue to give me strips and if I even need needles.
Moreover, the meter was forgotten on one occasion and I went to a health center in Trujillo (Caceres) and a very kind nurse lent me one with strips included, which I returned when I left.
In fact, if the pump reservoir is stuck or the insulin must be punched.
The last needles I have used are BD microfine 12'7 mm.And I have a normal complexion.
The 5 mm and 8 mm needles used them when I was small, and I have been experience almost 49 years.

javielo's profile photo
javielo
01/17/2021 12:42 p.m.

By the way insulin should not be cold, the pen in use must be at room temperature as long as it is not extreme.Think as an example that in the pump is often at the body's temperature, and if it is summer and carry the pump in a pants pocket imagine how you are haha.
It is my humble opinion.

javielo's profile photo
javielo
01/17/2021 12:51 p.m.

Hello everyone, I'm from Aragon.Now you have just reached the issue of the matter. According to the budget of each good autonomous community, it is normally trimmed in health and education, unfortunate.My Laviana brand needles.The One Touch glucometer, Freestyle financed but I had to get to 7 of each but did not put it on me.When I go for material if I do not ask for a box of needles.And according to anyone who commented five meals plus lavas at 6 daily needles plus corrections 9. Diabetes mellitus 2 only give glucometer to young people, older people must go to nursing to take tension and control.I know that companies that win the contest for 12 years with a glucometer, the devices give them but earn a lot of money with the strips.Anyway I am not complaining to me everything necessary for the control of my chronic disease, but something could be improved.
For me it is very easy to agree on something and ask for it.It is difficult to agree on something sure that jumping some discussion?, Is the day you go to your nurse and do not give you time to say good morning that another has to happen. You can tell you how you feel and so on.Buff I see it very far.Greetings to all

2piuviato1frts
01/17/2021 12:58 p.m.

K5288pn25.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.