{'en': "Forgive but ... don't you notice the hypos without electronic devices?", 'es': 'Perdonad pero... ¿no notáis las hipos sin los aparatos electrónicos?'} Image

Forgive but ... don't you notice the hypos without electronic devices?

ajd's profile photo   11/19/2020 9:41 p.m.

I still notice the hypos after 19 years.Maybe now symptoms are not as notable as before and are also different.Before he sweated and tremble exaggeratedly, now, not always, for the taste in his mouth, for slight head jacket ..... I know I have hypo.I think the differences are now moved at very acceptable levels.
The meter helps a lot to know how your body behaves and alarms also help, but nothing more.The hypos, hypos are.

Anaisabel's profile photo
Anaisabel
11/23/2020 2:24 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Lying I do not notice them, they are already with our friend (a reason why they put me a bomb), but being standing doing things, if I notice them.Even if the MCG marks me 80-90, I know I am falling and unemployment before it arrives.I learned to notice sensations before the MCG arrived and I almost appreciated it.

macarron_con_diabetes's profile photo
macarron_con_diabetes
11/23/2020 6:15 p.m.

DM1 desde Julio 1992 (con 11 años).
Bomba Medtronic 780G con Novorapid.
HbA1c: 5,9% (Octubre 2022), TIR 91%

macarron_con_diabetes said:
lying I do not notice them, they are already with our friend (a reason why they put me a bomb), but being standing doing things, if I notice them.Even if the MCG marks me 80-90, I know I am falling and unemployment before it arrives.I learned to notice sensations before the MCG arrived and I almost appreciated it.

With which there is a learning of sensations .., as in everything.

ajd's profile photo
ajd
11/23/2020 6:34 p.m.

Hello everyone.

Well, not to fall into great truths, then they are not so much (each person is a world), I will tell my personal experience.

In the first years, I felt perfectly the declines, after the years my alert system was being touched, and increasingly noticed blood glucose drops.I currently have no symptoms until 60 or 50, so I do not act quickly, I have ever finished in the hospital for this fact.

In my case, as I exercise daily and sometimes of great intensity in the afternoon, the hiccups I suffer them at night, and if I almost not notice them I imagine asleep ... what was said, to the hospital several times, everything was solvedWith the sensors and currently with the MEDTRONIC 670G pump, K carries built -in sensor and alarms.

For me, technology has avoided going to the hospital more times for hypos.

JUAN DAVID 's profile photo
JUAN DAVID
11/23/2020 6:59 p.m.

@Ajd I think you have raised the subject to ask and answer you just because you ignore what people answer, you only think it's good for you.In my case, if they disconnect, as you say, I know perfectly well where to walk and I can control exactly as well as my diabetes since after 30 years of evolution and 27 without sensor my controls are good, before, during and after thesame.

nigiri's profile photo
nigiri
11/23/2020 8:07 p.m.

DM1 desde 1990 - Fiasp y Toujeo - HG: 6,1

Sensation learning?Hypos are hypos with MCG or without MCG.Another thing is that they help you solve some problem like the one that Juan David has said.
The sensations are learning them as the months go by, the years ... and these sensations are changing, with meters or without them.

Anaisabel's profile photo
Anaisabel
11/23/2020 8:22 p.m.

nigiri said:
@ajd I think you have raised the subject to ask and answer you just because you ignore what people answer you, you only think it's good what you think is fine.In my case, if they disconnect, as you say, I know perfectly well where to walk and I can control exactly as well as my diabetes since after 30 years of evolution and 27 without sensor my controls are good, before, during and after thesame.

But we are going to see Nigiri, I only tell my experience and I am very happy that everyone is controlled with or without McG, that I am going to request it as soon as possible.You talk to me about the years you have been?I need lessons, I only share experiences and if someone serves him, well and if not you do not read.You seem quite uncompromising and you know everything, it seems.I have not listened to the opinions?, Of course, so I ask why until I carry it I do not know how I will be with the MCG, also at least 10 years ago they denied my insulin bomb because according to my endocrineIt was for people with bad control and last resort.
Thank you very much for your understanding, right?

ajd's profile photo
ajd
11/23/2020 9:35 p.m.

anaisabel said:
sensations learning?Hypos are hypos with MCG or without MCG.Another thing is that they help you solve some problem like the one that Juan David has said.
The sensations are learning them as the months go by, the years ... and these sensations are changing, with meters or without them.

I have not lied.My sensations have not changed, and yes, I had to learn well to recognize them, and yes, they are the same as now, and yes, I learned them over the years despite who weighs him.

ajd's profile photo
ajd
11/23/2020 9:43 p.m.

@Ajd with this phrase you have crowned "what I mean is that many do disconnect from the devices you don't know where you are."This is not a competition and sincerely, I do not understand where you want to get with this thread, I certainly retire.All the best.

nigiri's profile photo
nigiri
11/23/2020 11:30 p.m.

DM1 desde 1990 - Fiasp y Toujeo - HG: 6,1

Well good calm is that this debate is interesting!

Because it reflects a certain division of opinions among people with diabetes about the need of sensors.It is curious because a German endocrine would never doubt it: they are proven to improve diabetes control.That is why for years they forced the boxes to pay for free.And I think in Spain TB.Another problem is the budget.And my endocrine would never tell me that I practiced my sensations by removing my sensor.That's what the sensor is for!

But among us, especially some who have been more time, is like that we seem dependent on one more pot and we already have some units!And there are some who think they are not necessary.

I have a friend with DM1 from 4 years and already has her 50!And I have not managed to convince her.My nephew that started with 8 and already has its 27 years, at first it told me that good that it was very good but that he was handling well and did not need it.Until my results with his own compared for a while and now if he puts it on.And he is delighted.

We depend on many things.Electricity for example!If you leave the disaster!But I don't think it's bad or good.Electricity, sensors, mobile phones, improve us the quality of life.And they are to use them.

At the end of what is about avoiding hypos and improving the control of diabetes.And the sensors are very useful.If we can also corroborate it with our sensations better.But the important thing is to avoid hypos.The nights are the worst

Greetings to all!

jldiazdel's profile photo
jldiazdel
11/24/2020 6:45 p.m.

DM1 desde Marzo 2018 (53 años). 7-10 unidades basal: Abasaglar (insulina glargina). NovoRapid. Factor 1.0/1.5.
Vivo en Alemania. CarboH total dia 70-80 gr. Deporte Gym todos dias L-V 1h-2 h
HbA1c 5,5% (Abril 2022)
Dexcom G6

Well, I am delighted with the sensors.Everything that helps me in my day to day, especially in case of diabetes, welcome.

Carussa's profile photo
Carussa
11/25/2020 5:09 p.m.

DM1 desde octubre de 2019 | Toujeo + Fiasp | FreeStyle | febrero 2023: HbA1c 5,7

There is peace !!!!
The body is wise and warns when something is not going well, if you are thirsty, heat ... hyper.If you have nervousness, tachycardia, blurred vision ... Hip.Another issue, is that being well controlled, you notice the hypos in lower values, even around 60 or less, it is good because it means that you are in very good normal values, but bad because it "warns" when it is too late.
You have to differentiate between a hicctime you will be).
Over the years, they notice less than when we debut and that's what technology is for our hand.While I work, I do not have time to look at the bomb but I notice when I am in free fall, I look at it and effectively, I usually be below 80, I take some HC of rapid absorption and to follow.

macarron_con_diabetes's profile photo
macarron_con_diabetes
11/25/2020 5:52 p.m.

DM1 desde Julio 1992 (con 11 años).
Bomba Medtronic 780G con Novorapid.
HbA1c: 5,9% (Octubre 2022), TIR 91%

Well, I am in favor of the sensors, I have been paying them for 3 years, since August financed, 3 Hiccups, 24 hours lost in my life, which I do not remember, so that about the 21 I decidedglycos above 7.4 sometimes 8 ...
With almost 37 years of evolution, I do not remember when I noticed the mild hypos, only the strong, which I did not notice 3 times and ended up in a hospital, so ... for me it is a great help, because perhaps I never learned to listen toMy body or my sensations.

Merchedm's profile photo
Merchedm
11/28/2020 6:58 p.m.

Yesssica_a said:
Wearing sensor or pump does not influence symptoms.What can happen is that you put the low alarm before reaching hiccups to prevent, so you don't notice symptoms because it really does not have a hypo but you want to act to avoid it and the alarm warns you.I have it in 70 and until I get out of 60 I do not notice, even lower sometimes I do not notice anything because I am almost always in ketosis and the brain consumes ketones mainly and it depends little on the glucose so that the symptoms of hip are very softeven with low values.I have been below 50 with just symptoms.But it has nothing to do with wearing a sensor, hypic symptoms depend on several things among them your usual glucose levels.If you are always above 150 you will notice hypos with 80-90 values ​​that are totally normal values.If you are most of the time below 120, as is my case, hypos are noticed in real hypoglycemia (below 55 normally) although it also depends a bit on what I tell you about ketones.If I have just eaten more hydrates and I lower my ketones before (below 70 I already started slight symptoms), instead I am with ketones, my brain does not just need glucose and does not give serious symptoms of hypoglycemia and the slightThey are noticed with lower values.There are type 1 diabetics in ketosis that are almost always in values ​​of 60-80 and they don't notice anything.
And then it also depends a lot on how fast it is going down.If I get off fast, I can notice symptoms even above 70, if slowly I don't notice anything until it is lower.
I have not had a hypo with typical symptoms for months: tremors, anxiety, cold sweat, a lot of hunger ... and I have been below 50 several times in these months but always in ketosis.I only notice a rare feeling that something happens but it is nothing annoying and sometimes also a little hunger but not that feeling of eating all the fridge of a severe hiccups.If 70-80% of the energy of the brain are covering the ketones almost nothing when the glucose lowers because it lacks little energy.If you depend 100% glucose if you send you strong signals because you run out of energy.

But all this is independent of the technology you use, the sensor only gives you glucose values, nothing of your symptoms does not change.And the bombs the same but for insulin.They help many people who do not notice the hypos already before or who prefer not to get to Hip and put the alarm before to prevent.

2piuviato1frts's profile photo
2piuviato1frts
11/29/2020 11:02 a.m.

K5288pn25.

At first it detects hypo (cold sweat, especially), but after 39 years of diabetic I no longer notice them.That is why Free Style is so useful.

RUBIOARES's profile photo
RUBIOARES
11/29/2020 11:18 a.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.