{'en': "Forgive but ... don't you notice the hypos without electronic devices?", 'es': 'Perdonad pero... ¿no notáis las hipos sin los aparatos electrónicos?'} Image

Forgive but ... don't you notice the hypos without electronic devices?

ajd's profile photo   11/19/2020 9:41 p.m.

It is a question that I have, that I have no bomb, mcg, or anything, and so far I have always been able to act in front of the hypos, although the thing is not to have them, but for what I read here, I do not know if one gets used toTo make it the device who warns of everything and does not know oneself who realizes the symptoms.

I am the first thing I learned to notice.

My mood is not to bother anyone, just try to learn from those who already carry these devices.

All the best.

ajd's profile photo
ajd
11/19/2020 9:41 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Good morning @Ajd,

I normally notice the hypos, in fact, I often check my glucose level with the electronic device (MCG) because I have suspicions that I am low glucose.

Typical symptoms are general discomfort, tremors, laziness, feeling of anxiety, and a few more, I leave here this topic that has more information about hypoglycemic.

Link

fer's profile photo
fer
11/20/2020 9:10 a.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

I did not see the hypos before almost always, but I have not noticed some.And I have had nocturnal hypos from which I didn't realize.
There are also people who never have symptoms (although it will not be the most common), so Miaomiao alarms are of great help.

Sayonara's profile photo
Sayonara
11/20/2020 10:16 a.m.

Wearing a sensor or pump does not influence symptoms.What can happen is that you put the low alarm before reaching hiccups to prevent, so you don't notice symptoms because it really does not have a hypo but you want to act to avoid it and the alarm warns you.I have it in 70 and until I get out of 60 I do not notice, even lower sometimes I do not notice anything because I am almost always in ketosis and the brain consumes ketones mainly and it depends little on the glucose so that the symptoms of hip are very softeven with low values.I have been below 50 with just symptoms.But it has nothing to do with wearing a sensor, hypic symptoms depend on several things among them your usual glucose levels.If you are always above 150 you will notice hypos with 80-90 values ​​that are totally normal values.If you are most of the time below 120, as is my case, hypos are noticed in real hypoglycemia (below 55 normally) although it also depends a bit on what I tell you about ketones.If I have just eaten more hydrates and I lower my ketones before (below 70 I already started slight symptoms), instead I am with ketones, my brain does not just need glucose and does not give serious symptoms of hypoglycemia and the slightThey are noticed with lower values.There are type 1 diabetics in ketosis that are almost always in values ​​of 60-80 and they don't notice anything.
And then it also depends a lot on how fast it is going down.If I get off fast, I can notice symptoms even above 70, if slowly I don't notice anything until it is lower.
I have not had a hypo with typical symptoms for months: tremors, anxiety, cold sweat, a lot of hunger ... and I have been below 50 several times in these months but always in ketosis.I only notice a rare feeling that something happens but it is nothing annoying and sometimes also a little hunger but not that feeling of eating all the fridge of a severe hiccups.If 70-80% of the energy of the brain are covering the ketones almost nothing when the glucose lowers because it lacks little energy.If you depend 100% glucose if you send you strong signals because you run out of energy.

But all this is independent of the technology you use, the sensor only gives you glucose values, nothing of your symptoms does not change.And the bombs the same but for insulin.They help many people who do not notice the hypos already before or who prefer not to get to Hip and put the alarm before to prevent.

Yessica_A's profile photo
Yessica_A
11/20/2020 10:25 a.m.

DM1 desde 2003 | Toujeo + Humalog | FreeStyle 2 | HbA1c 5.5

Hello!
It is not that one gets used to the pump to let you know, but that the body gets used to the hypos and ends up notifying.For example, I do not usually find out that I got off 50 (and not always) and that is why they ended up putting the sensor-pump.
Health, greetings and luck,
J

JoseGHJ's profile photo
JoseGHJ
11/20/2020 11:27 a.m.

For me it is not difficult to notice them, in fact I do not usually go beyond 5 points of the glycometer reading of what I think I have.It all depends on what I am doing and if I am calm or liado, I can already notice in 75 mg/dl that is going down but without more symptoms.And when I walk with pull I can give myself 60 mg/dl.
I have never failed the internal alarm system, or sleeping.

ajd's profile photo
ajd
11/20/2020 12:37 p.m.

@Ajd

It is very curious that someone with so many years with DM1 Note with such precision the descents.It is seen that each one is a very different world

I carry very little but I really notice that less and less the descents.Well the hypos of course.But I do not distinguish in my sensations 90 of 70 the truth.Below yes.But that is something that I avoid a lot.Normally I am never below 70. If I would not have to endure the anger of my endocrine when I saw the daily graphics of the Dexcom.

I have the DG6 sensor alarm to avoid problems.In 90 you do not notice anything, but I check the graph and the trend and if it is necessary to take something to avoid hypos in advance.It is a great help.And it works with great precision.Well I adore it!And I don't exaggerate.My quality of life is almost identical to when I had no diabetes.I just hope not to generate any skin allergy, which was my problem with Abbott's.But well for the moment 2 years with Dexcom and without allergies

All the best

jldiazdel's profile photo
jldiazdel
11/20/2020 5:43 p.m.

DM1 desde Marzo 2018 (53 años). 7-10 unidades basal: Abasaglar (insulina glargina). NovoRapid. Factor 1.0/1.5.
Vivo en Alemania. CarboH total dia 70-80 gr. Deporte Gym todos dias L-V 1h-2 h
HbA1c 5,5% (Abril 2022)
Dexcom G6

I notice the declines by 40 or less.I have Free with XDRIP to avoid arriving, due to the prediction alarm (30 minutes before having a tendency to reach 90).
A month ago, I woke up in 34, I had no sensor on.

Merchedm's profile photo
Merchedm
11/20/2020 8:38 p.m.

@Ajd you are fortunate then, it is normal that over the years, you stop detecting hypoglycemia and as you have already explained, it has nothing to do with carrying continuous meters or not.

nigiri's profile photo
nigiri
11/21/2020 11:51 a.m.

DM1 desde 1990 - Fiasp y Toujeo - HG: 6,1

nigiri said:
@ajd you are fortunate then, it is normal that over the years, you stop detecting hypoglycemia and as you have already explained, it has nothing to do with carrying continuous meters or not.

Thanks Nigiri, but I don't think it's fortunate, it's simply something that cost me a lot of time and more after a great scare at the 9 years I was in hypoglycemic coma.Since then my body was made and I have not forgotten.
And I know that it has nothing to do with a meter or not, I have also received diabetological training, it simply seems that many users seem to forget their own feelings in favor of what the devices say, or that is what I readIn some threads of the forum.
All the best.

ajd's profile photo
ajd
11/21/2020 3:36 p.m.

Good topic.
I notice them depending on the activity.
If I am relaxed, I do not find out until it is 55, if I am doing sports, I notice them in 35. Adrenaline does not let me notice it until I stop.
Before a hiccup I always make a capillary, the sensor does not give me precision in these cases.Today after a cardio and abdominals, it was in 38 and the sensor marked 65. I am normal with 65.My mean is 120-130 a day.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
11/22/2020 12:18 a.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

My son is 8 years old and for us, parents is the best creation of free with mine and being able to receive information in cell phones, hopefully when I am an adult also uses it, since getting ahead of a hiccup or hyper and not feeling bad seems veryValuable, with the risk that implies, to expect to have symptoms?, which are not pleasant, if you can act before?And live with the fear of spending an unnoticed hypo.
It is my thought and I forever appreciate that XDrip and Nigthscout exist.

Danielita76's profile photo
Danielita76
11/22/2020 4:10 a.m.

Mamá de Tomás 10 años. Dt1 hace 5 años. Con Iport y free1+Bubble mini. Argentina.
Tresiba 9u y Lispro.

Even using the pump and sensors I notice the hypos.I only use sensor scan to verify what I feel.But the problem comes when the body gets used to symptoms.It takes longer to recognize them and if before below 70 you felt it, you will notice it already below 60 and so on.

moñiño's profile photo
moñiño
11/22/2020 10:47 a.m.

Hello, with a device or without it in my case I realize immediately when I have the hiccups, the thing is that after so long you feel when you go for 24, at least it happened to me.

eugenia's profile photo
eugenia
11/22/2020 1:12 p.m.

It happens to me as to the rest: I notice the hypos, but when I am in 50 and something.I don't usually have very high blood glucose, so I don't notice until it goes down.The sensor alarms help me to know that it is going down in sugar when I get to 70, so I can eat something before and not have to resort to Coca-Cola and the like.

Carussa's profile photo
Carussa
11/22/2020 3:50 p.m.

DM1 desde octubre de 2019 | Toujeo + Fiasp | FreeStyle | febrero 2023: HbA1c 5,7

@Ajd Sincerely, I doubt that there is learning to detect hypoglycemia, simply over time, you know which are the symptoms.The problem, because I think you have not finished understanding it, is that there are many diabetics that after many years of evolution cease to have those symptoms and this has been happening since man is a man, it has nothing to do with technological advances.Being with 35 sugar and not realizing can lead to serious problems so, I think people who quickly detect a slight descent are fortunate.On the other hand, in diabetes he never 2 + 2 are four and each diabetic is a world, there are some basic notions that can help orient us all but then each patient is absolutely different from the other.

nigiri's profile photo
nigiri
11/22/2020 5:50 p.m.

DM1 desde 1990 - Fiasp y Toujeo - HG: 6,1

I have been diabetic and I notice the hypo, especially if they are strong, if they are soft they cost more.
All electronic help, but you can always fail and you have to be alert

josepd's profile photo
josepd
11/23/2020 12:05 a.m.

nigiri said:
@ajd sincerely, I doubt that there is learning to detect hypoglycemia, simply over time, you know what the symptom are.The problem, because I think you have not finished understanding it, is that there are many diabetics that after many years of evolution cease to have those symptoms and this has been happening since man is a man, it has nothing to do with technological advances.Being with 35 sugar and not realizing can lead to serious problems so, I think people who quickly detect a slight descent are fortunate.On the other hand, in diabetes he never 2 + 2 are four and each diabetic is a world, there are some basic notions that can help orient us all but then each patient is absolutely different from the other.

Well, I believe that I have understood it plenty, and I also believe that if there is a learning that is practically the same as the rest of the facets of this disease in which you have to learn with diabetological education and with the test and error.I think you do not understand me, Nigiri, and what I mean is that many do disconnect from the devices the same do not know where you are and of course you learn but it takes a lot of control and discipline that relaxes for meWith the use of the devices, of which I am not against, but I would have already wanted to see many in my younger years with nothing to try to make a more or less normal life, and there, or you learn or stayalong the way as a person who died that I knew.I think there is learning, and it is not fortune, it is the maximum effort.

ajd's profile photo
ajd
11/23/2020 12:23 a.m.

In my case I have always detected hypoglycemia, although the symptoms have been varying over the years.During the first years they were symptoms such as tachycardia, unfortunate hunger, weakness, sweating etc, etc.At that time I could only know for my sensations since there was no way of doing a glycemic control test since there is no method, sixty, seventy and beginning of the eighties.It is true that, as your life depended only on your sensations, you develop a permanent alert state that, in my case, has not abandoned me in sleep hours.Currently my hypoglycemia has as its main symptom an indefinite state of internal discomfort, so strong that at night it awakens me, and in vigil I have the discomfort and blurred vision mainly.This happens to me in quantities around 70.
Now that I carry the free freestyle 2, for a month, with activated alarms, before I can sound, I already notice symptoms and at five minutes, more or less, the alarm sounds with a value, usually 68-69.
By the way, a collateral effect that I have noticed with the free is that I progressively sleep more deeply, perhaps my internal sentry is learning to be more relaxed.

uma's profile photo
uma
11/23/2020 9:51 a.m.

DM1 desde 1967-
Tresiba 12 - Novorapid: 4-6-2 última Hemo: 5,9
FreeStyle Libre 2 desde noviembre 2020

"Nunca dejes que el futuro te perturbe. Lo enfrentarás, con las mismas armas de la razón con las que hoy enfrentas el presente." Marco Aurelio.
"Un gramo de práctica vale más que una tonelada de teoría" Swami Vishnudevananda

uma said:
In my case I have always detected hypoglycemia, although the symptoms have been varying over the years.During the first years they were symptoms such as tachycardia, unfortunate hunger, weakness, sweating etc, etc.At that time I could only know for my sensations since there was no way of doing a glycemic control test since there is no method, sixty, seventy and beginning of the eighties.It is true that, as your life depended only on your sensations, you develop a permanent alert state that, in my case, has not abandoned me in sleep hours.Currently my hypoglycemia has as its main symptom an indefinite state of internal discomfort, so strong that at night it awakens me, and in vigil I have the discomfort and blurred vision mainly.This happens to me in quantities around 70.
Now that I carry the free freestyle 2, for a month, with activated alarms, before I can sound, I already notice symptoms and at five minutes, more or less, the alarm sounds with a value, usually 68-69.
By the way, a collateral effect that I have noticed with the free is that I progressively sleep more deeply, perhaps my internal sentry is learning to be more relaxed.

Thanks Uma, this example of yours is exactly what I wanted to say.

ajd's profile photo
ajd
11/23/2020 11:06 a.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.