{'en': 'Very lost', 'es': 'Muy perdida'} Image

Very lost

isabelbota's profile photo   01/04/2021 9:57 p.m.

Hello everyone, thanks for the forum, it is of great help and support.

I have 51 years and I live alone.

I debuted on December 17, not for 366 but for the HG of 15.9 ... (420 on average in the last 3 months ...)
Incredibly in a week only with 10 units of slow abasaglar in the morning and a half metformin by food I move at normal levels (between 80 and 140 except the peaks of the meals).(Well, and eating like a super healthy little bird and swelling me, of course)

Here comes the first.When breakfast I go up about 150, that is, if I get up at 100 I put myself at 250 and so I continue at two hours, at three ... until I'm going to walk and get it.Therefore I do not understand what effect the metformin does that I take for breakfast.

At noon instead, low very well after eating, until the days that I forget metformin.

My doctor goes to send me to the endocrine.He says that I am type 2. That blocks with the dirts of sweets that I have given in my life, but on the other hand I had ketone bodies in the urine and I have a brother type 1 detected at age 26 and I do not remain weight.
Anyway, now, as I am giving good results, it tells me to take away the insulin and it's very afraid because not having quickly, the uploads compensate with exercise and I am bursting.

I think that if I give correct results with a medication, if it takes part I will go up ... isn't it logical?And I don't want.In fact, he blames the uncouple peaks that breakfast when insulin has been exhausted and as is slow, he does not give time to react the one to click at that time.

Anyway, as I am standing and I have a lot of time to think, I doubt everything.

Because to top it off, as a result of so fast I have the blurred vision until the lens adapts to the new levels and I was studying oppositions and now I cannot study and I am desperate (they looked at me and everything was ok, but the lensfit)

About food tells me to eat a satin dish instead of with top ... that's all.

And the worst thing is that my doctor is a friend, that's why I signed up with her but she has crowded and I can't send me the endocrine and I am not sure.And how to insist is to doubt his word ...

Any suggestion?Anyone with a similar situation?

Thank you so much.

isabelbota's profile photo
isabelbota
01/04/2021 9:57 p.m.

DM 2 con páncreas agotado desde diciembre 2020. 51 años entonces.
HG diciembre 2020: 15.9. Última HG: julio 2024 5.8
Abasaglar 9 unidades. Metformina, 1000/0/1000. Humalog junior: 2 unid en desayuno y luego en función de lo que coma.

I think you should go to the endocrine because it can be lada diabetes, which is like a type 1 but of much slower evolution and you continue to produce some insulin for many months or years and that is why it is not always debuted with ketoacidosis.With the values ​​that you put from glucose before the debut I would say that it is more than a type 2. Normally type 2 do not have those values ​​until they have been in many years of illness and their pancreas is destroyed from forcing it soHydratesIt could be your case but it seems strange that you have not noticed symptoms before.
Nor do the recommendations that you eat less if you have no overweight seem very successful, the important thing is to eat well no less.If you eat little you will miss nutrients and energy and in the long run it causes problems.
He insists that he sends you to an endocrine or at least to do antibody analysis to discard Lada.If in the end it is a type 2 limiting hydrates and with exercise and slowly insulin you surely have it controlled.But you will have to reduce or eliminate food with many hydrates and sugars and eat slower hydrates such as vegetables and increase proteins and fats not to go hungry.If it is lada, then you can take it like this but in the end they will have to make you quickly.But it is important to have a diagnosis because they are very different diseases a type 2 of a type 1 or a lada and they are different.If you leave insulin and it can end up in the hospital with ketoacidosis in a short time.

Yessica_A's profile photo
Yessica_A
01/05/2021 9:27 a.m.

DM1 desde 2003 | Toujeo + Humalog | FreeStyle 2 | HbA1c 5.5

I agree: Go to the endocrine and do all the corresponding tests.I started with 53 and towards (and I do) a lot of sport and comia very healthy.I am Lada and Type 1, and your initial situation is very familiar to me.You probably need rapid insulin and leave mertfomin.
Many animals

jldiazdel's profile photo
jldiazdel
01/05/2021 12:31 p.m.

DM1 desde Marzo 2018 (53 años). 7-10 unidades basal: Abasaglar (insulina glargina). NovoRapid. Factor 1.0/1.5.
Vivo en Alemania. CarboH total dia 70-80 gr. Deporte Gym todos dias L-V 1h-2 h
HbA1c 5,5% (Abril 2022)
Dexcom G6

I have a treatment very similar to yours, the first thing I tell you is that the insulin abasagulate, it is the worst that could have prescribed you for your case since it does not even reach 24 hours, they say that 20 but I use itAnd neither. The second, metformin comes phenomenal to reduce the resistance of your body to insulin. Why do I see breakfast is what you carry, possibly because the insulin you put on is not immediately or metformin, it is at noon when they do more effect, so it is when Mass low you have it inclined if you forget the metformin y7 to finish seeing thinking about running out of a friend or without health: D

Alberto_13's profile photo
Alberto_13
01/05/2021 3:23 p.m.

DM3c desde 2018; hb 6 % (feb.. 2022) (tresiba+fiasp+metformina)

Thank you very much to everyone.I have already asked for endocrine and he told me that Thursday derives me.I hope he hasn't sat badly but my brother also has been telling him for some time.
Alberto, you're going to be right.It has no logic that an integral toast with avocado and coldHours I was already in 130 (I bought the sensor for kings and I have the entertaining sea)

isabelbota
01/05/2021 6:19 p.m.

Abasaglar 9 unidades. Metformina, 1000/0/1000. Humalog junior: 2 unid en desayuno y luego en función de lo que coma.

Phenomenal, you're already telling us ...

Alberto_13
01/05/2021 7:46 p.m.

It looks like Lada.I debuted as you (I gave positive in everything), type 1 past 40 and in the hospital hallucinated.
Courage with the sensor :);that the endo does you analysis of gad antibodies and measure of the peptide C to confirm.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
01/05/2021 8:36 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

Hello again.
I am quite overwhelmed.I had been in which the sensor notified me 2/3 times for low glucose so that at the insistence of my doctor I tried to take away the insulin (8 of Abasaglar).
And I don't know if it's right.
Is it normal yesterday after dinner a rest of an octopus of the previous day and an apple from 116 to 182 and at 3 hours continue in 160?
And today get up at 115, have a coffee with a drop of milk, go walking through the field and without breakfast, start climbing up to 182 at 11?In the end I had breakfast at 11.30, because I was starving, half of my breakfast (25 gr integral bread with a quarter of avocado and 0.5 gr of hydrates/100 gr) and continued going up to 227. At two hours I wasIn 110. But from 8 to 12.30 in continuous climb and all this walking from 9.30 (slowly) but 4 hours.
At noon I have eaten chicken and without hydrates all ok, C! Aro
What I don't understand is what metformin does.I take it supposedly so that the hydrates do not upload so much but with little that eats, an apple, a mini bread ... I shoot and last 3 hours.And I don't know if I need the insulin that I have removed or what.
And my doctor-you show that he is upset with me (I suppose that by my insistence with the endocrine) and I do not want to ask you.
And I am still hungry all day because I'm afraid to eat hydrates and see how I shoot.Sometimes like nuts but they also told me not to eat fat.
I don't know what to do, do I return to insulin until the endocrine see me? What do you advise me for breakfast and dinner?
I am having a very bad time, not so much because of the disease since I am aware that there are worse things, but for being lost, without knowing what kind of diabetes I have, if the treatment is correct, if as the right thing ...
This is not life.
And now I'm standing and I threw myself to the street to walk every time I go up, but in a normal life, working, that cannot be done ...
Thanks for your time.

isabelbota
01/09/2021 5:43 p.m.

@isabelbota

I don't understand anything the truth.

The endocrine tea has said that you leave insulin?

If so, it urgently changes doctor

jldiazdel's profile photo
jldiazdel
01/09/2021 6:39 p.m.

DM1 desde Marzo 2018 (53 años). 7-10 unidades basal: Abasaglar (insulina glargina). NovoRapid. Factor 1.0/1.5.
Vivo en Alemania. CarboH total dia 70-80 gr. Deporte Gym todos dias L-V 1h-2 h
HbA1c 5,5% (Abril 2022)
Dexcom G6

The last time I told you half a joke but now I tell you seriously, leave your doctor-friend and go running in search of an endocrine, the metformin alone is not effective except cases of mild DM2, it does not look like your case

Alberto_13
01/09/2021 8:07 p.m.

Thanks for your answers.
It is not the endocrine, it is my header who told me.He asked me last Thursday quoting with the endocrine, I don't know when they will give it to me.
The issue is that she is convinced that I am type 2, and I do not say that not because of my sweet addiction (even if I have no overweight, have low sterol, had ketone bodies in the urine and a brother with DM1).But the metformin alone gives me that it does not work for me, unless it does not eat hydrates, the minimum that as it rises and lasts a lot and it is supposed that metformin avoids that, I understand.
A question.Putting insulin while I wait for the endocrine can be bad for something?

isabelbota
01/09/2021 9:34 p.m.

No, if you keep you controlled values, not only is it not bad but it is necessary, but I still think it is a fudge, you need an endocrine but already.

Alberto_13
01/09/2021 11:12 p.m.

Hello Isabelbolta.Quiet, you have gone without any control and now it seems that it is going well.With regard to hemoglobin I am type 1 diabetic but I have come to take almost 19. If your friend and doctor suppresses her insulin, it is no longer necessary. I suppose that she will have done an analytical.It would get worse would be the first to send to the endocrine.I just like you, under almost everything in the exercise as my legs and arms move everything works better. To see a debuted one it is noticeable that in your family there has already been some case since you know how to read and see things.Much encouragement and have a little patience.

2piuviato1frts's profile photo
2piuviato1frts
01/10/2021 1:47 p.m.

K5288pn25.

Thank you 2piuviato1, but no, they have not done any analytics and I am aware that my results are better because as very few hydrates and I move a lot.But this plan cannot be forever because when I work (now I'm standing) I will not be able to walk every time I shoot and shoot myself just with eating an apple.
I have returned to insulin.I was getting 8 and I started with 6, but in three days I have not lost 2 kg because when I saw that everything I have almost not eaten and I have passed from 54kg to 52.
Now I hope they call me to see the endocrine to see if it sends me tests to see if what guy I am and guides me a bit on the meal theme.

isabelbota
01/10/2021 3:07 p.m.

Isabel, you can't leave insulin, you can reduce 2 units for 3 days to avoid
hypoglycemia and see how you are going.If glycemias uploads a lot, you must rise again.This works like this.
You will be lada and metformin will take it out of quick insulin for each meal when the endocrine is attended.
At the moment, it reduces the slow (Abasaglar) if you are below 80 when you get up, if not, keep it.You can also go to a private one and that the SS Header prescribes the insulin.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
01/10/2021 4 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

Thanks Ruthbia.
As I said, today I have put it again.I have passed from 8 to 6 because before, with the freestyle I had 3/4 low glucose notices, one of them at 3 in the morning and as I live alone, because it is a delicate issue.
However, in 3 days, according to the issue if I have to increase the increase.
But these 3 days without insulin have not liked.I stress a lot when I see high values ​​eating little, really.
Really, thank you very much for support and advice.This forum is fantastic.

isabelbota
01/10/2021 4:11 p.m.

Hello IsabelBota.I debuted at 57 with type 1. As Ruthia says, analysis is essential.GAD and peptide C are the indicators to diagnose.There is a period called "honeymoon" and it is because the pancreas receives something that stimulates it and we some insulin produce.Do not stop feeding yourself !!!For me, toujeo and novorapid insulin for counting is excellent.Seek psychological help.It is not easy at the beginning but then you get used to. Exercise helps a lot and if you go out to walk after breakfast you can also favor you at lunch so the value is better.I hope to help you with this comment.

Clau's profile photo
Clau
01/10/2021 6:03 p.m.

Diabetes Lada 1 desde 2018
Toujeo 16 U
Fiasp según conteo de CH
HG 6.5%
Freestyle

clau said:
hello isabelbota.I debuted at 57 with type 1. As Ruthia says, analysis is essential.GAD and peptide C are the indicators to diagnose.There is a period called "honeymoon" and it is because the pancreas receives something that stimulates it and we some insulin produce.Do not stop feeding yourself !!!For me, toujeo and novorapid insulin for counting is excellent.Seek psychological help.It is not easy at the beginning but then you get used to. Exercise helps a lot and if you go out to walk after breakfast you can also favor you at lunch so the value is better.I hope to help you with this comment.

Clau's profile photo
Clau
01/10/2021 6:09 p.m.

Diabetes Lada 1 desde 2018
Toujeo 16 U
Fiasp según conteo de CH
HG 6.5%
Freestyle

Thank you very much Clau.Let's see when they call me from the endocrine.
I really think that I had to have sent me urgently with the analytics of my debut with the HG in 15.9.It would have been the time, I was very scared, but I asked and there was no form.
Now I walk in normal values ​​and of course, there is no excuse to send me urgent.
Anyway, fear does not ask me for the analytics of GAD and peptide C, that here in Granada to save 😂😂😂😂

isabelbota
01/10/2021 9:29 p.m.

@isabelbota during the honeymoon can be alone with basal insulin.I was like that my first year after the debut.I had the slogan of putting 1 Novorapid und if before each meal was above 160mg/dl.I did not need, the second year I started to need it at each meal.
Lower the basal to avoid hypos and if you walk or do sports, you will see that the glycemia curve behaves well.1 hour of walking a day is what they usually recommend.
By the way, with hormones to women blood glucose is going like an uncle ... patience.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
01/12/2021 3:48 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.