{'en': 'Type1 diabetes.Climbs in the afternoon', 'es': 'Diabetes tipo1. Subidas en la tarde'} Image

Type1 diabetes.Climbs in the afternoon

almuvaldes22's profile photo   01/26/2021 11:42 a.m.

The two insulins always before breakfast, food or dinner;Never separate the administration of the rapid from the basal in time.

drjesusangel's profile photo
drjesusangel
02/06/2021 3:05 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Yes ... I put both before dinner..thanks

almuvaldes22's profile photo
almuvaldes22
02/06/2021 3:13 p.m.

Sugarsugar

Hi Almovalds22, my mother lives in an elderly residence. She gets three to breakfast and in turn Humalog 4un in range 70-140/increases every 40_1un.Desayuna at 9.e.or 10 am, eat at the 13 hours, well, snack 16.15h without fast and Aki comes the problem dinner at.19horas, he usually leaves at breakfast. I told the doctor and pharmacy, k I should place the slow one about 12 noon.The other day he gathered the endocrine to go the same day.And what surprise was right. 3 years with a glucometer analyzed all grandparents the diabetics type 2 and my mother who is the only type 1. I had to send one of mine, so that when he went to school of diabetes he coulddownload your data.The next day 1 we are going to review and the doctor told me that the sensor will also pose.My mother has been with diabetes for about 17 years.Anyway, the disease began very well or treatment when I was a child.I put the Bazán at 4:30 p.m. Toujeo.All the best.

2piuviato1frts's profile photo
2piuviato1frts
02/12/2021 5:50 p.m.

K5288pn25.

almovaldes22 said:
good afternoon, I am new here, I was diagnosed with type 1 diabetes 6 months ago..My glycosilada is 6.9.I always have a doubt in the afternoon about 7 or so the glycemis begins to get me eaten, and before dinner I arrive at 200 almost always... any idea why being?Greetings thanks

The same thing happens to me,

The last time I was with my nutritionist I told him the subject and he told me that just like the Amacener effect (hormonal processes) on the 4 am-6am that make glucose rise ... About 19:00 there is also another moveof hormones that can cause that.

I correct it taking advantage of sports on that time

marine's profile photo
marine
02/13/2021 10:59 a.m.

The truth is that the coon muscle the same volume weighs 20% more than fat and against the same weight the fat bulges 20% more than the muscle. I do not know if I explain, if someone is able to transform a kilo ofFat in Mus ass, pessary the same but it would be thinner

Alberto_13's profile photo
Alberto_13
02/13/2021 11:55 a.m.

DM3c desde 2018; hb 6 % (feb.. 2022) (tresiba+fiasp+metformina)

Hello, good morning, I am type 1 diabetics for 9 years, I always read you, but I never write, it seems like a super instructive forum and from here I have learned a lot and resolved many of my doubts to this disease, now I am nowThe one who has a problem, tells you, the same thing is happening to me 1 week ago that Almovaldes22, after meals, ended very well, 130 or 140, but at 3 hours it starts to rise to me and not stop,270 or 294 Yesterday, I get 2 of novorapid to correct, nor find out, at dinner I arrived high, about 200, I skeThe day well, but at 3 hours of the food the problem begins again, I put threeiba at 11 in the morning, if this were the problem of the slow one, I would upload it 1 more like other times, but in the morning andI have down, so I can't upload it, I don't know how to fix this situation, I escape my hands, forgive the speech, and give you the can, if someone could help me, explain, give their opinion, I would appreciate it greatly, thank you very muchTo everyone, a greeting.

Siber_78's profile photo
Siber_78
02/14/2021 10:53 a.m.

@Siber_78 The only thing that can be done is to correct with insulin.If with 2 uds it did not work for you, test 3. In my case I have proven that I have to accompany it from exercise, so last week I put the correction and got off the portal and uploaded the 6 floors.Holy hand, insulin began to work.Other times it looks like water and I do nothing but replenish more insulin and do not get off 170.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
02/14/2021 2:35 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

Thank you very much Ruthbia, I will do it to see how it is going, this is overcoming me.

Siber_78's profile photo
Siber_78
02/14/2021 3:11 p.m.

There is another insulin not so fast, which makes the two or three hours ..,
But maybe you can fix it by fasting after eating and increasing it a bit.
Try to see also changing food hydrates, with lighter meals.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
02/15/2021 3:06 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

ruthbia said:
@siber_78 All that can be done is to correct with insulin.If with 2 uds it did not work for you, test 3. In my case I have proven that I have to accompany it from exercise, so last week I put the correction and got off the portal and uploaded the 6 floors.Holy hand, insulin began to work.Other times it looks like water and I do nothing but replenish more insulin and do not get off 170.

@Ruthbia asked, have you tried to do the same but without putting the insulin?I tell you to rule out that it was the exercise and not insulin that made him go down.

I give you my example of yesterday ... like at 14:20 and from 4:20 p.m. to 7:00 p.m.rectify...

40min of static bike at home ... at 9:00 p.m.So fair.

The rest of the night 100-110.

Sometimes we overlook and already generally, that exercise can be even more effective than insulin to bring good control.

marine's profile photo
marine
02/16/2021 8:39 a.m.

Totally agree !

I was high in the afternoon two days ago at three hours after eating: stuck in 170!Instead of putting on a correction, since I had time and there was nothing urgent at work (teleworking!) I went to walk 50m.On the way back I wait for me 10 m and look at the clock to see the sensor and it was already about 90!

To me here, when I started with the DM1, in the hospital they always told me the same thing, and it was recorded: insulin or movement!Notice that that works for small corrections of a unit more or less.But it works.The problem is that we do not have time to go and have to put one or two corrections!

jldiazdel's profile photo
jldiazdel
02/16/2021 1:57 p.m.

DM1 desde Marzo 2018 (53 años). 7-10 unidades basal: Abasaglar (insulina glargina). NovoRapid. Factor 1.0/1.5.
Vivo en Alemania. CarboH total dia 70-80 gr. Deporte Gym todos dias L-V 1h-2 h
HbA1c 5,5% (Abril 2022)
Dexcom G6

Glycemia rises much more.If I leave 270, I reach 240 exercising.If I put 2 units under about 113 or so.
Let's see, my problem is hormones, there is no exercise that can with them.Sometimes not even with insulin, the endocrine tells me that I get used to it or go to the psychologist for SO affects me ....

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
02/16/2021 2:15 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

I understand you !Each body / person is different and cannot be generalized

Against hormones little more can be done!

At least you know your body and you know how to proceed, even though everything does not work well and it is a bit tired to have a corrections to walk

All the best

jldiazdel's profile photo
jldiazdel
02/16/2021 2:26 p.m.

DM1 desde Marzo 2018 (53 años). 7-10 unidades basal: Abasaglar (insulina glargina). NovoRapid. Factor 1.0/1.5.
Vivo en Alemania. CarboH total dia 70-80 gr. Deporte Gym todos dias L-V 1h-2 h
HbA1c 5,5% (Abril 2022)
Dexcom G6

The same thing happens to me, at 3h to eat Esyoy in 100 and suddeno Maa late does not effect the correction with insulin.I also use three that I put at 9.30h, lhe tried to put it at night, ia 12h, at 13h.The only thing that, as very little, does not happen to me, but it is not safe.
When you correct you with insulin, do I know what begins to subor?At what time?

nuriapal1's profile photo
nuriapal1
07/14/2024 6:35 p.m.

@nuriapal14 Some afternoons pass me, especially if I have taken more than 2 HCs in the food ...
At 7pm more if I see that more than 160 is uploaded ... I already correct myself.I go directly to hyperglycemia ...
And on Saturdays and Sundays that may make more copious meals this is something 100% safe ...

SilviaGRZ's profile photo
SilviaGRZ
07/14/2024 9:13 p.m.

Silvia (España)
Fiaps + Insulatard
Díabética desde los 4 años. Ahora tengo 37.
Hbg 6'9..

@nuriapal14 you have to know very well for corrections
To me the fast insulin takes me between 90-180 minutes to make effects, depending on the time and what I have eaten, so I rectify at 120-130mg/dl because it will continue to rise to the time and something that makes me effect the correction.Thus I reduce the peak time.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
07/15/2024 5:12 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

That is the most normal thing in the world.
If you put the slow one at dinner and you can delay it, one or two hours do it.
If you get Lantus, try to change to Tougeo.It is the same insulin, but more concentrated and I don't know why but it is a bit slower ... Whenever your endocrine agrees.
If you do sports in the morning, you may get to dinner well.If you do it in the afternoon, when the glucose begins to get on ... you will have a good hyperglycemia, you can get something quick.
The last thing is to monitor the glucose and put on something quick before the glucose rises.

JuanSolo's profile photo
JuanSolo
07/15/2024 8:57 p.m.

Thank you very much Ruthbia, you have Rqzon Hqy to meet, yesterday I corrected with 160 but I put on 2.5u and then at Law 2 hours I got off at 68.I will try to correct myself with fewer units, the truth is that it is complicated

nuriapal1's profile photo
nuriapal1
07/16/2024 3:46 p.m.

@nuriapal1 haven't you given a correction factor in the endocrine ...?
For example, to lower 50ml/dl I put 1und (provided the sensor value is stable).So I'm calculating.If I see that the arrow is totally ascending direction I add a little more ...

SilviaGRZ's profile photo
SilviaGRZ
07/17/2024 8:20 a.m.

Silvia (España)
Fiaps + Insulatard
Díabética desde los 4 años. Ahora tengo 37.
Hbg 6'9..

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.