{'en': 'Type1 diabetes.Climbs in the afternoon', 'es': 'Diabetes tipo1. Subidas en la tarde'} Image

Type1 diabetes.Climbs in the afternoon

almuvaldes22's profile photo   01/26/2021 11:42 a.m.

Good afternoon, I'm new here,

I was diagnosed with type 1 diabetes 6 months ago, my glycosilada is 6.9.

I always have a doubt about the afternoons about 7 or thus begins to raise glycemia if you have eaten anything, and before dinner I reached 200 mg/dl almost always.

I have tried to .. climb to basal but so it lowers me in the early morning ..

Any idea why being?

Greetings thank you!

almuvaldes22's profile photo
almuvaldes22
01/26/2021 11:42 a.m.

Sugarsugar

What basal do you use?There are some that do not reach 24 hours of effect.Also in the afternoon there is usually a phenomenon of rise similar to that of dawn in many people.And it may be that it takes effect of what you have eaten if I had a lot of protein and fat.
The most likely is the basal, if you put it at night, it will not arrive 24 hours.You can quickly cover that climb or ask the endocrine to try another basal or put it at another time.

Yessica_A's profile photo
Yessica_A
01/26/2021 2:27 p.m.

DM1 desde 2003 | Toujeo + Humalog | FreeStyle 2 | HbA1c 5.5

Enchanted Almovalds22, it is simple or its fast dose is still short in meals.The slow thing has not worried six months, I would not worry about that, the doctor will be in charge.I guess they will be checking if their factory pancreas some insulin I know many people who have happened to him as a high guideline and then had a little production in beta cells.Anyway, it does not exceed the rank that left him Ded 1.Mque 7 the gly.Patience It is not easy to learn everything as my father told me in the first 100 years.All the best.

2piuviato1frts's profile photo
2piuviato1frts
01/26/2021 4 p.m.

K5288pn25.

@almovaldes22 What basal do you use?Lantus?Levemir?These insulins do not cover 24 hours.However, when debuts are going well.They sent me to put it in 2 doses, the large dose at night (10 units) and a memory of 2 units at 12 noon.
Check it with your endocrine.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
01/26/2021 4:13 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

Thanks for your answer ... you were three ...

almuvaldes22
01/26/2021 4:16 p.m.

Sugarsugar

Tresiba covers well 24 hours.Try to change the time of putting it on, there are people who put it in the morning.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
01/26/2021 4:22 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

Thank you so much..

almuvaldes22
01/26/2021 4:25 p.m.

Sugarsugar

With good says @ruthbia, I made the change of three of the night to inject it in the morning and there are that there are afternoons at 6 -19h I reached 70 or 80 and as something without the need to quickly.
Try to change the basal time and especially look at 2h after half a day meal to know if you have put enough units

vanessa30's profile photo
vanessa30
01/27/2021 4:48 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

vanessa30 said:
I will well say @ruthbia, I made the change of three of the night to inject it in the morning and so there are afternoons that at 6 -19h I reached 70 or 80 and as something somethingNo quick need.
Try to change the basal time and especially look at 2h after half a day meal to know if you have put enough units

Thank you for your answers, and if at two hours of the food I am fine, even at 3, I feel up to go up later ... thank you very much a greeting

almuvaldes22
01/27/2021 5:46 p.m.

Sugarsugar

Then change the time of putting the basal and so you see if you arrive better in the afternoon.
There is no

vanessa30's profile photo
vanessa30
01/27/2021 6:30 p.m.

The same thing happens to me and although I have changed the time of the slow one, it still happens to me.Simply on this time I put 1 fast and fixed unit.All the best.

nigiri's profile photo
nigiri
01/27/2021 7:40 p.m.

DM1 desde 1990 - Fiasp y Toujeo - HG: 6,1

When this happens to me, I put 2 or 3 units of fast insulin to correct, the units depends on your correction factor, to me for example, each unit of rapida lows me about 25-30 mg.If you don't know yours, start with the general norm.1 insulin unit = at 50 mg less.So if you are 200 I would inject 2 units of fast.
Greetings

jordi81's profile photo
jordi81
01/28/2021 12:51 p.m.

Hello.The same happens to me.What I do is put a couple of insulin units in the afternoon and snack something light.
Although the Tresiba is "flat", our insulin sensitivity can change throughout the day.

Anuska's profile photo
Anuska
02/01/2021 12:28 p.m.

anuska said:
hello.The same happens to me.What I do is put a couple of insulin units in the afternoon and snack something light.
Even if the Tresiba is "flat", our insulin sensitivity can change throughout the day.

For example snack a ration?Greetings thanks

almuvaldes22
02/01/2021 12:51 p.m.

Sugarsugar

almovaldes22 said:
anuska said:
hello.The same happens to me.What I do is put a couple of insulin units in the afternoon and snack something light.
Even if the Tresiba is "flat", our insulin sensitivity can change throughout the day.

For example snack a ration?Greetings thanks

A ration and a half or two depends on hunger.Doing some exercise at about 19: 00-20: 00 also helps me not to get so high at dinner.It would be a matter of testing.

Anuska's profile photo
Anuska
02/01/2021 4:59 p.m.

How best it covers me is next to the rapid of the food, raising me well and arriving well at food time.Everything is to try.

drjesusangel's profile photo
drjesusangel
02/01/2021 5:13 p.m.

I don't understand, with the fast food .. Thank you very much

almuvaldes22
02/01/2021 5:16 p.m.

Sugarsugar

drjesusangel said:
How best it is covered with the rapid of the food, raising me well and arriving well at food time.Everything is to try.

ALMOVALDES22

17:16 h.Report message

I don't understand, with the fast food .. Thank you very much

almuvaldes22
02/01/2021 5:17 p.m.

Sugarsugar

I guess it refers to the two insulin before eating.
I do it, but before breakfast

Merchedm's profile photo
Merchedm
02/05/2021 11:38 p.m.

merchem said:
I suppose it refers to the two insulins before eating.
I do it, but before breakfast

Aaa is worth it before dinner

almuvaldes22
02/06/2021 12:25 a.m.

Sugarsugar

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.