{'en': 'Diabetes 1 and Coronavirus should we worry?', 'es': 'Diabetes 1 y Coronavirus ¿Deberíamos preocuparnos?'} Image

Diabetes 1 and Coronavirus should we worry?

Valeria Gailard's profile photo   03/17/2020 3:26 a.m.

Hello.

I have type 1 diabetes 5 years ago, I am currently 23 years old.

Should I worry about the coronavirus?

I mean, mortality in people with diabetes is greater?

I am not to make me mess with these issues, but he has a little scared me.

Not the fact of contracting the virus, but is dangerous for us.

Thank you!

Valeria Gailard's profile photo
Valeria Gailard
03/17/2020 3:26 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

@"Valeria Gailard", because I am crowded.Maybe because I already have an age and other complications ...
Only diabetes 1 and at your age, I think nothing will happen if the virus caught you.Greetings.

solaria's profile photo
solaria
03/17/2020 4:04 a.m.

Debut 46 â- 2012. DM1. Celiaquía e intolerancia lactosa. Anemia perniciosa.
MiniMed 640g + SmartGuard.

solar said:
@"Valeria gailard", because I am crowded.Maybe because I already have an age and other complications ...
Only diabetes 1 and at your age, I think nothing will happen if the virus caught you.Greetings.

Solaria, what age and complications do you have?Take care of yourself :(

Valeria Gailard's profile photo
Valeria Gailard
03/17/2020 5:26 a.m.

@"Valeria Gailard", age 54.
Complications, many diabetics 1 were rewarded with other autoimmune diseases.Above all, allergic rhinitis, but that very bastard, so I suppose that it has the respiratory system committed.
But the worst thing is that I am away from home and I stayed here (another country beyond the seas) without being able to leave a third world country and with the worst health system in the world.With a dictatorship accused of crimes against humanity and as dark as possible, so we have no reliable information.

solaria's profile photo
solaria
03/17/2020 5:06 p.m.

solar said:
@"Valeria Gailard", age 54 years.
Complications, many diabetics 1 were rewarded with other autoimmune diseases.Above all, allergic rhinitis, but that very bastard, so I suppose that it has the respiratory system committed.
But the worst thing is that I am away from home and I stayed here (another country beyond the seas) without being able to leave a third world country and with the worst health system in the world.With a dictatorship accused of crimes against humanity and as dark as possible, so we have no reliable information.
But having residence in Spain, you can return.

anif's profile photo
anif
03/17/2020 7:13 p.m.

DM2 (2019)

@anif, I have Spanish nationality.The problem is that all countries have closed their airports for trips to Spain.
And soon ... prompt, I understand that Spain will also close its airports.
I can't get out of here, but you couldn't get there either.
Binnacle.March 16, 2020.

solaria's profile photo
solaria
03/17/2020 8:48 p.m.

@Solaria

Cheer up !!

Many greetings

The situation is not easy but well let's be optimistic

jldiazdel's profile photo
jldiazdel
03/17/2020 9:46 p.m.

DM1 desde Marzo 2018 (53 años). 7-10 unidades basal: Abasaglar (insulina glargina). NovoRapid. Factor 1.0/1.5.
Vivo en Alemania. CarboH total dia 70-80 gr. Deporte Gym todos dias L-V 1h-2 h
HbA1c 5,5% (Abril 2022)
Dexcom G6

@jldiazdel, thank you!
And I'm optimistic!Spain did not close, they closed all of Europe!

solaria's profile photo
solaria
03/17/2020 10:10 p.m.

@Solaria but they said they would help citizens return.Have you contacted the embassy?

anif's profile photo
anif
03/18/2020 8:12 p.m.

DM2 (2019)

@anifNever believe politicians' speeches, by God.Contradictory notices and afternoon.Embassy and consulates do not offer help, yes, I have to recognize that they serve the emergency telephone.Of course they do not facilitate the return, so much that they did not even give information.We realized that the airports were closing for the news.

solaria's profile photo
solaria
03/18/2020 10:27 p.m.

solar said:
@anif.Never believe politicians' speeches, by God.Contradictory notices and afternoon.Embassy and consulates do not offer help, yes, I have to recognize that they serve the emergency telephone.Of course they do not facilitate the return, so much that they did not even give information.We realized that the airports were closing for the news.
Of course I don't trust a hair ...
In fact my little sister had a trip abroad and thankfully she listened to me and it was not!
I am one of those who have been seeing the seriousness of the matter since January ...
I hope, however, that they give you an alternative as soon as possible.

anif's profile photo
anif
03/18/2020 10:43 p.m.

DM2 (2019)

@Solaria, I have returned on a special rescue flight;It was supposed to return on 20, in the end I arrived on 16.
Try to locate the Embassy of Spain;They have to support you, also tell them that you are not insulin.

I called the consulate of Spain in Edinburgh before leaving and they knew anything, thankfully Easyjet has his well -updated website, there I saw that the same 16 that I was so happy working, it was the last day to repatriate, so while while whileMy company managed the flight, I made the suitcase in a pis-pas, call an Uber and leave to the airport.

On Friday the 13th they threw me from the offices because there was a person working with me and with Coronavirus, home until Tuesday;Now teleworking from home.
I am fine, removing my chronic rhinitis and uncontrolled blood glucose since I have returned.
The coronavirus is not going to kill me, but if I still continue ... the diabetic coma is at the door.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
03/19/2020 noon

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

@Ruthbia, Consulate answers my calls, which is appreciated, but the same song;Get out of here flying!But they don't offer options.
I already got ticket for Monday 23, change without surcharge, just paying rate change.Managua/Miami/London/Barcelona.I hope not to be stranded.
I am from Nicaragua, a shit of dictatorship and extreme poverty.
USA has two daily flights to London, one leaves California (?) And another from Miami.Only Europeans embark on the last 14 days, I have been out for two months, I hope I have no problems.

solaria's profile photo
solaria
03/19/2020 10:22 p.m.

You will tell us, the return is going well.

anif's profile photo
anif
03/19/2020 11:15 p.m.

DM2 (2019)

Quiet @Solaria today I have heard the Minister of Foreign Affairs who are repatriating residents from all parts of the world.They only ask us patience because not all cases are fast.There are 30,000 Spaniards and residents in Spain outside who want to return.
Point to the maec.You can do it with your own application "Travelers Registration" (in the Play Store).Thus they monitor you from consulates and embassies.

UK cut flights with Spain on Monday 16, but they have emergency flights to move residents to their homes.Today they came from Spanish Athens and the plane with Greeks will return to their homes.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
03/20/2020 3:35 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

@Ruthbia, copied..thanks.<3

solaria's profile photo
solaria
03/20/2020 11:32 p.m.

Greetings to all from Barcelona.Today I got home.The situation is getting very ugly in that continent.Many countries have already closed their airspace and airlines will stay on land.
In a matter of a few days we will be incommunicado.

solaria's profile photo
solaria
03/24/2020 11:42 p.m.

I'm glad you have already returned @solaria

anif's profile photo
anif
03/25/2020 7:07 a.m.

DM2 (2019)

I'm glad @solaria that you are already in Spain.Take care: Smile:

Anaisabel's profile photo
Anaisabel
03/25/2020 5:28 p.m.

Hello everyone!!I write to you from Buenos Aires Argentina.I have been looking for information about typei diabetes and coronavirus.The most accurate locates her of a Dra. Of nationality of Unidense state that is clinical diabetology of the University of Southern California (member of the Beyond Type Leadership Council).unlikely it is an irrigation factor to get COVID-19
2-Probably is not a risk factor to have worse results if you contract it.

He mentions that poorly controlled blood glucose levels are a greater risk of many other infections so there is no reason to think that it is different in this case.

The indication is to continue with the treatment for diabetes as indicated by the doctor.Control glucose values ​​and that they are good and before the presence of the symptoms: fever, dry cough, throat pain, breathing problems, communicate with the doctor who attends them. (Do not forget the measures of isolation, wash thehands, not touching your face, which are for the entire population).

I hope I contribute some peace of mind.Since it is important to know then that type 1 diabetes alone is unlikely to be a risk factor.
As a psychology I try to collaborate by providing information to help travel this special moment in everyone's life.
Many greetings

VikyC's profile photo
VikyC
03/26/2020 9:32 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.