{'en': 'Weight loss', 'es': 'Pérdida de peso'} Image

Weight loss

isaabeltran's profile photo   04/09/2020 7:02 p.m.

Hello,

Can anyone tell me your experience with weight loss being diabetic?

That is, including the theme carbohydrates, how much you consume, ideas of dishes for eating and dinner and above all insulin theme.

Thanksssss!

isaabeltran's profile photo
isaabeltran
04/09/2020 7:02 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

@isaabeltran, I lowered 3 or 4 kilos with the insulin pump.With conventional therapy to overcome hypoglycemia carbohydrates, with the predictive pump and stop, it is not necessary.

solaria's profile photo
solaria
04/10/2020 12:20 a.m.

Debut 46 â- 2012. DM1. Celiaquía e intolerancia lactosa. Anemia perniciosa.
MiniMed 640g + SmartGuard.

I went to an endocrine and we have a 1000 lime diet but what has best me is doing strength exercises.He had lost 3kg.
Since we are in confinement I have recovered weight.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
04/10/2020 10:22 a.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

What did you do, Ruthbia? What kind of exercises?I have no noses to lower the 5 kg that I have left over, but before confinement, and I do sports every day, an hour, alternating, Body Combat, Step, Aerobic and Cardio Routines.I have associated but controlled hypothyroidism.
1000 calories daily is very little right?

meginer's profile photo
meginer
04/10/2020 11:04 p.m.

I have to download 7 kg and my endo sees me great, so I looked for another one for weight insurance.
He gave me a diet of 1000cal but told me to rise to 1200cal.But the 1000cal is bearable.
I am a total sedentary, I am moving more in confinement with gap or cardio combined videos than if they were going to work.
Before it only had force with weight to develop muscle and reduce insulin need.I have dropped from 22 from Basal to 12, well now 14 since we did not leave.In meals from 5 to 2, but I have returned to 4 for confinement and a very strong resistance to insulin that disappeared yesterday after 4 weeks of madness and swings.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
04/11/2020 9:54 a.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

@Ruthbia
With insulin reduction and sports, did you lose some weight?

isaabeltran
04/11/2020 1:33 p.m.

@isaabeltran

The strategy to reduce weight is the same for us, we have diabetes, q for others: control the quality of food and exercise regularly.Control the amount of carbohydrates that you take up to date and reduce fats.Take many vegetables.It's not about hungry (that would be in fact counterproductive) but about eating well.

But if you have doubts about what are your daily carbohydrate needs (it is not the same 20 year old Q of 50! And it also depends a lot on your daily activity) the best thing is that you consult a nutritionist.Be careful with some crazy diets that are on the Internet.Some are dangerous.

All the best

jldiazdel's profile photo
jldiazdel
04/11/2020 2:39 p.m.

DM1 desde Marzo 2018 (53 años). 7-10 unidades basal: Abasaglar (insulina glargina). NovoRapid. Factor 1.0/1.5.
Vivo en Alemania. CarboH total dia 70-80 gr. Deporte Gym todos dias L-V 1h-2 h
HbA1c 5,5% (Abril 2022)
Dexcom G6

As you have told you above, weight loss varies greatly from one people to another, it depends on your metabolism, your physical activity, your age, if you have added problems such as hypothyroidism, intolerances ... the bestIt is that you go to a nutritionist, today on these issues are much more set than most endocrine.
The base, of course, will surely be a healthy eating with real food linked to physical exercise but then the needs of each one, change.All the best.

nigiri's profile photo
nigiri
04/11/2020 4:17 p.m.

DM1 desde 1990 - Fiasp y Toujeo - HG: 6,1

@isaabeltran I am seeing that you have reopened a thread asking exactly the same as in this one, so that they are not duplicated, I have eliminated the other in which there was no comment.All the best.

nigiri's profile photo
nigiri
04/11/2020 4:19 p.m.

DM1 desde 1990 - Fiasp y Toujeo - HG: 6,1

@isaabeltran I lost 3kg in 5 weeks, but I have recovered 2kg.Diet and exercise, it is no mystery
Of course, controlled by a doctor.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
04/12/2020 12:08 a.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

Diets low in hydrates work wonderfully to lower weight and to enter normoglycemia.

Foxandxss's profile photo
Foxandxss
04/12/2020 7:37 p.m.

Good to all, I have gained weight in confinement (about 3kg), and there is no way to lower, I only stay.I have lowered the insulin because I exercise a lot now, also as much better and I have reduced hydrates, (slow 18 to 13 and fast from 5 to 2) however not under a gram.I find myself within my weight but I want to eliminate more fat and it is impossible.Because??It is very frustrating!😢 Any in my situation?

julia88's profile photo
julia88
04/20/2020 4:04 p.m.

@Julia88

Do you have more fat or have you generated muscle (what weighs) by exercise?

Sometimes they recommend not obsess much with the weight (always check it) and look tb the waist.You can wear a reference pants or a belt.You may with exercise have increased muscle mass and that increases weight.The weight will only serve you as a reference.Some use the body mass index that depends on your age, height, sex and physical activity.

I look at it in a house of those intelligent house that calculates %fat, muscle, etc. when you weigh (well it does it approximately).

This great q with confinement you have reduced insulin.Many is the opposite.It has increased me a bit and that I continue to exercise, but not with the same intensity that in a class of gym.

All the best

jldiazdel's profile photo
jldiazdel
04/22/2020 8:41 a.m.

DM1 desde Marzo 2018 (53 años). 7-10 unidades basal: Abasaglar (insulina glargina). NovoRapid. Factor 1.0/1.5.
Vivo en Alemania. CarboH total dia 70-80 gr. Deporte Gym todos dias L-V 1h-2 h
HbA1c 5,5% (Abril 2022)
Dexcom G6

julia88 said:
good to all, I have gained weight in confinement (about 3kg), and there is no way to lower, I only stay.I have lowered the insulin because I exercise a lot now, also as much better and I have reduced hydrates, (slow 18 to 13 and fast from 5 to 2) however not under a gram.I find myself within my weight but I want to eliminate more fat and it is impossible.Because??It is very frustrating!😢 Any in my situation?

It happens to me the same, I have put weight at least three kg, and as the same, the only thing I work at home and I think it is the problem, that you want no, you move more at normal work, displacement, displacement,You walk more, even though I exercise at home daily, I have gone from 62 to 65, and I had two kg so much, in fact I wanted to put myself in 60 because I am short, I am 157, I am hypothyroid autoimmune too, of course, of course, of course,But last time I was fine, now with this Covid I have not done it but I find it strange that it has been for a month or there.I am afraid to weigh because every time I do 300 g more.

meginer's profile photo
meginer
04/22/2020 1:39 p.m.

@meginer
Apparently many people are gaining weight for confinement.I am a 15 -year -old girl, and I am a diabetic since the 3 years and have never had good sugar control.I measure 1.52 and weight on about 61 kg and the truth is that I don't want to see the mirror for these reasons.
They have also put the freestyle and I am very happy but my doctors and nurses do not say anything about diets.I am hyper hyper desperate to lose weight, and apparently I asked for advice x here and few people have responded to me.

isaabeltran
04/22/2020 3:23 p.m.

Isaablanran, I am a diabetic since the age of 11 and I have 47. Cdo was like you, and throughout adolescence, I spent the same, the endocrine what they did not want was to do strict diet, stop eating, with the nonsense of weight loss,because it is a time of development, you are growing and developing and it is not good to obsess with all that.I impote it is that you are well controlled, that you do sports and eat well, if your endocrine does not give importance, do not overwhelm, I know that for you it is complicated because you are age for it, but fix your doctor, you will lose weight laterCdo can, it is not the same 15 that my age, that the kg costs a lot to lose them.Courage, surely you are beautiful and great.

meginer's profile photo
meginer
04/22/2020 4:07 p.m.

jldiazdel said:
@julia88

Do you have more fat or have you generated muscle (what weighs) by exercise?

Sometimes they recommend not obsess much with the weight (always check it) and look tb the waist.You can wear a reference pants or a belt.You may with exercise have increased muscle mass and that increases weight.The weight will only serve you as a reference.Some use the body mass index that depends on your age, height, sex and physical activity.

I look at it in a house of those intelligent house that calculates %fat, muscle, etc. when you weigh (well it does it approximately).

This great q with confinement you have reduced insulin.Many is the opposite.It has increased me a bit and that I continue to exercise, but not with the same intensity that in a class of gym.

All the best

Thanks for answering.😀

It is true that I have more muscle, I feel tougher, but still squeezes everything, I have gained volume.Other times I have made this diet low in hydrates and weighed much less, and now with more exercise there is no way ... my last analytical was perfect so I am quite lost.I measure 1.68 and weight 63 kg. (With the same diet and much less exercise weighed about 57-58).I don't know if I will have to see but I have to click a lot (more than eating) when exercising, but, I finish with more than 300 ...

julia88's profile photo
julia88
04/22/2020 4:37 p.m.

@Julia88 Can you publish that low diet in hydrates?

isaabeltran
04/22/2020 4:41 p.m.

Well basically, I have left bread, pasta, rice, flours and fruits.Such as proteins, vegetables, good fats and nuts.I am not so strict.This time I am doing to try and study my body, but I don't understand anything.😒

julia88's profile photo
julia88
04/22/2020 4:53 p.m.

Well basically, I have left bread, pasta, rice, flours and fruits.Such as proteins, vegetables, good fats and nuts.I am not so strict.This time I am doing to try and study my body, but I don't understand anything.😒

julia88's profile photo
julia88
04/22/2020 4:53 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.