{'en': 'Doubts when resuming sport after debuting', 'es': 'Dudas al retomar el deporte después de debutar'} Image

Doubts when resuming sport after debuting

elisa74's profile photo   03/18/2021 1:32 p.m.

Hello everyone,

On Tuesday 23 we have an appointment with the endocrine and if nothing happens I think it will already give my son green so that I can train again (basketball), I understand that with guidelines for the first days because they train 3 days a week(2 hours every day)

I guess the first week can only start by training a horita every day or even less, I have no idea, it is talking about speaking.

The fact is that he is crazy for being able to train, and I shit with fear, I have a lot of doubt in case we cannot control the levels well (both for training and later), because there are so many variables to take into account thatI'm reading on the Internet and I'm going crazy ...

I have read that the "effects" of doing sports (glucose peaks) can last between 24h and 48h then ... but I don't know to what extent, I suppose each person is a world but I don't know if there is any reference in plan... Well, every 30 minutes of exercise, it usually affects this or that way.

It is clear that on Tuesday I will ask all this to the endocrine, but surely your experience in this field helps me a lot, as you are doing so far in every doubt that I have asked (blessed forum !!), I put here all theDoubts that are emerging me in case you can answer some, thank you very much in advance !!

I detail the training schedules: Tuesday from 6:30 p.m. to 7:00 p.m..

- The days of the 5:30 p.m.

- What level of blood glucose should before start doing sports and with what level of blood glucose no should sport?

- Should just before start doing sports, during (how much) and just after?

- in which area is it recommended that the insulin of the snack be punctured if you are going to do sports?

- Should always

- At dinner time, should I reduce both fast and slow insulin?But how will I know how much?

At the moment I can't think of anything else, but if you see something that I have not taken into account I would appreciate it !!

Greetings,

elisa74's profile photo
elisa74
03/18/2021 1:32 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

@Elisa74

I answer your questions, according to my short experience.Please do not stop asking the endocrine!

Sports should not be done if one is high of blood glucose.How much ?That depends on our control and knowledge.In general, sports should not be done above 200.

You should always measure or look at the sensor before.With Q is measured 15-30m before.It is good to control later.As a sensor wears it is easier.You don't have to pierce your fingers, unless you don't trust that sensor.

If you are going to do sports that never get insulin!Danger of hypoglycemia
In general, sport must do after three hours of putting insulin.

It is highly recommended that it has something liquid, what you like most, to take sips during sport.At first it will consume more carbohydrates because it has not been playing for some time, then less.You must look at the sensor regularly, every 15 m if possible at the beginning.Then you can look only at the time when you check how your body reacts.

Sport will affect everything a bit.It is proof and error.Each body is different.It may affect all fast needs.Normally sport affects several hours for that reason it usually affects at night and that is why you have to readjust the slow.It affects me a lot to slow.

When playing sports regularly control possible hypoglycemia.You will probably have to lower the slow.Ideally, it is regular.A recipe to have problems, in our case, is to do a lot of sport for a week and the next nothing.Regularity will help you know what you need to drink carbohydrates.

And enjoy sport a lot.I don't think something dangerous.On the contrary, sport will help you reduce insulin amount and improve your life and feel happy ... and sleep more :)

jldiazdel's profile photo
jldiazdel
03/18/2021 1:54 p.m.

DM1 desde Marzo 2018 (53 años). 7-10 unidades basal: Abasaglar (insulina glargina). NovoRapid. Factor 1.0/1.5.
Vivo en Alemania. CarboH total dia 70-80 gr. Deporte Gym todos dias L-V 1h-2 h
HbA1c 5,5% (Abril 2022)
Dexcom G6

Thank you very much.That is, normal snack but without clicking anything ...

elisa74's profile photo
elisa74
03/19/2021 12:22 a.m.

@Elisa74

Very complicated.I would try not to snack.In general it is not good to train just after eating.

You can take almonds, which is what I do, or if you can some cheese or snack very few carbohydrates (around 1 ration without insulin).And see what.If you have to snack more because you are just hungry at that time or take more carbohydrates you may have to put some insulin, but it would be convenient that you put less insulin than you have scheduled for safety.And you will have to prove what it works.But this option is risky at the beginning.

In the mountain I put my leg several times to put insulin after eating in shelters and suffered twice hypoglycemia.Now if I make routes I take meals with very few carbohydrates and I do not usually put insulin and it works for me.Again I ate more carbohydrates and I put half of the insulin that would correspond to me and Tb worked for me.The movement substantially multiplies the action of insulin and the effect depends a lot on each person.

To me in my hospital they gave me the guideline of playing at least three times of insulin.That is why never as anything in that period or if I am hungry I take some almonds.

In any case you should always do sports and have fast carbohydrates.I make a mixture of isostar with water in a boat.In your case, the simplest is that you have one or two juices on hand.At the beginning for security that suppose at least four rations of carbohydrates.Better than you miss it!

All the best

jldiazdel
03/19/2021 6:51 a.m.

DM1 desde Marzo 2018 (53 años). 7-10 unidades basal: Abasaglar (insulina glargina). NovoRapid. Factor 1.0/1.5.
HbA1c 5,5% (Abril 2022)
Dexcom G6

You have to be very careful to get insulin and play sports just after.In my case, multiply the effect of insulin very much, and until it is known more it is difficult to measure.

So for now it is better to do sports without putting insulin, having eaten at most/two rations of hydrates.And little by little it will be adjusted.

Important data, each body is a world with sport.There are sports that raise the level of glucose, sport that lower it ... depends on several factors such as its intensity.So at the beginning calm, you have to try, the important thing is to control the descents that is the most dangerous.If at first you get out of control a bit with the increases do not overwhelm you because it is normal, little by little it will be known.

All the best !

Teresun's profile photo
Teresun
03/19/2021 10:31 a.m.

Find out with the endocrine.

In my case, sport is irregular.
What I do is leave high, about 160-170 of blood glucose and without fast insulin effect to endure more if I leave 2 hours and something with the bike.
If what I do is walk in those 2 hours, as consumption less hydrates in the exercise, I go out to about 140.
As @jldiazdel says.The times I have left high, about 230, just walking, I have seen a 260 at 2 hours.
And on the contrary, when I have left high and with insulin, at 30min hypoglycemia.

As Free has, leave the mobile with alarms (you can give it a mobile without SIM, you only need NFC) and program the low to 85 to sound and from a sip to a juice or eat a caramel that glucose in this case comes outLittle by little while getting rid of the mouth.

You can also take advantage of those sport days to eat slow action hydrates such as legumes that usually give high glycemias after the effect of fast.But he would run out of snack.Or a light snack (2R) without insulin if you see that it has normoglycemia because it will burn it with the exercise.

Of course, the next day of the sport there is usually low when the exercise is sporadic, so you have to reduce the insulins in meals and the basal.When regularizing it, it won't need.

This is proof and error.Do not overwhelm if it gives you any hiccups or hyper.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
03/19/2021 10:32 a.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

Do 3h sport from insulin administration .. Oseah if a person with diabetes is injected insulin at 14:30 at 17:30 can start playing

diabetikafenix's profile photo
diabetikafenix
03/19/2021 10:39 a.m.

@diabetikafenix more or less, but depends on each person and if in the intake he consumed fats and proteins.
For example, if you leave 2 hours after eating and with some active insulin, you can give you hypoglycemia.But if you ate fat and proteins, they usually raise blood glucose after the effect of insulin and do not usually give hypoglycemia.
Each person is different, you have to try.And always go out with something to replace hypoglycemia and a meter.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
03/19/2021 10:45 a.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

ruthbia said:

What I do is leave high, about 160-170 of blood glucose and without fast insulin effect to endure more if I leave 2 hours and something with the bike.
If what I do is walk in those 2 hours, as consumption less hydrates in the exercise, I go out to about 140.
As @jldiazdel says.The times I have left high, about 230, just walking, I have seen a 260 at 2 hours.
And on the contrary, when I have left high and with insulin, at 30min hypoglycemia.

As Free has, leave the mobile with alarms (you can give it a mobile without SIM, you only need NFC) and program the low to 85 to sound and from a sip to a juice or eat a caramel that glucose in this case comes outLittle by little while getting rid of the mouth.

You can also take advantage of those sport days to eat slow action hydrates such as legumes that usually give high glycemias after the effect of fast.But he would run out of snack.Or a light snack (2R) without insulin if you see that it has normoglycemia because it will burn it with the exercise.

Of course, the next day of the sport there is usually low when the exercise is sporadic, so you have to reduce the insulins in meals and the basal.When regularizing it, it won't need.

This is proof and error.Do not overwhelm if it gives you any hiccup or hyper.

The thing to raise sugar when you do sports is something that also happens to me from time to time even being at lower levels.Why does that happen?

a141abc's profile photo
a141abc
03/19/2021 11:02 a.m.

The sport has never uploaded bloodthat I think I exercise to eat all that: D

Alberto_13's profile photo
Alberto_13
03/19/2021 12:35 p.m.

DM3c desde 2018; hb 6 % (feb.. 2022) (tresiba+fiasp+metformina)

In winter I take pieces of wrapped small nougat and if I see that I am a bit low, because a nougat piece.He knows me glory!:)

jldiazdel
03/19/2021 1 p.m.

HbA1c 5,5% (Abril 2022)
Dexcom G6

@A141ABC

I am not an expert on the subject but the body has about 400 gr or more of carbohydrates stored as an energy reserve.The liver has the majority in the form of glucagon.

There are many hormones that increase blood glucose.For example, stress clearly affects us and women the menstrual period affect them a lot.

It may be that in some the exercise causes a kind of body reaction to avoid energy crises and make the liver release glucagon.And that increases blood glucose.

Sport glycemia never increases, on the contrary.What I have noted in these three years of diabetes is that every time the sport that I do affects me less.At first I had to drink many carbohydrates to avoid hypos.Now I take only a few sips and that's it.Now for example with the damn virus, although I try to play sports at home, it is not the same, and with only a few groved, around 3 gr according to my calculations, I stay perfectly.Before I needed almost 10 gr.!

jldiazdel
03/19/2021 1:13 p.m.

HbA1c 5,5% (Abril 2022)
Dexcom G6

@a141ABC because I sincerely do not know.
There are times that glycemia rises sport even being in Normoglycemia.In my Cado it coincides with the hormonal cycle resistance.

I imagine that the body secretes glucagon but I don't know the reason.
In theory whenever there is circulating insulin, the pancreas does not secrete glucagon, so diabetics are more difficult to eliminate fat by having 24 hours.
Good question for an endocrine!

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
03/19/2021 2:06 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

a141abc said:
ruthbia said:

This is proof and error.Do not overwhelm if it gives you any hiccup or hyper.

The thing to raise sugar when you do sports is something that also happens to me from time to time even being at lower levels.Why does that happen?

I sometimes have a more anaerobic, force etc.I think it is because it is a muscle effort, it needs more sugar and if there is not, glycogen reserves, apart is a stress for the body and hyperglycemic substances are released.

meginer's profile photo
meginer
03/19/2021 2:54 p.m.

ruthbia said:
@a141abc because I sincerely do not.
There are times that glycemia rises sport even being in Normoglycemia.In my Cado it coincides with the hormonal cycle resistance.

I imagine that the body secretes glucagon but I don't know the reason.
In theory whenever there is circulating insulin, the pancreas does not secrete glucagon, so diabetics are more difficult to eliminate fat by having 24 hours.
Good question for an endocrine!

I just had the review a few days ago and I didn't think of the doubt hahaha I scored it for the next

a141abc's profile photo
a141abc
03/19/2021 4:27 p.m.

Thank you very much for the advice, to see what the endocrine tells us and I tell you.

elisa74's profile photo
elisa74
03/19/2021 4:53 p.m.

When I exercise strength (weights), sometimes it also goes up.You are not alone @ruthbia and @meginer

anif's profile photo
anif
03/19/2021 6:42 p.m.

DM2 (2019)

anif said:
I do exercise (weights), sometimes it also goes up.You are not alone

I also upload my weights, the issue is that with force exercises, if they secrete hormones called catecholamines that produce that effect

marine's profile photo
marine
03/22/2021 7:11 p.m.

Interesting !

jldiazdel
03/22/2021 8:24 p.m.

HbA1c 5,5% (Abril 2022)
Dexcom G6

marine said:
anif said:
me when I exercise strength (weights), sometimes it also goes up.You are not alone

I also upload my weights, the issue is that with force exercises, if they secrete hormones called catecholamines that produce that effect

That's right, they are stress hormones, and they upload fabric glycemia, what happens is that, at least in me, that rise is momentary, it does not usually last me more than 20 min or half an hour, and then it starts to download,Right now, for example, I made body figh that is aerobic but it has a lot of anaerobic also, the choreography that is being done now, was at seven, I started with 120, and I know that if I start more than 100 it gives me a fat goan, if it is less than 100 also but reaches 160 at most and then goes down.So I put on an insulin unit without eating anything in this case.I finished 140 and then began to climb until 180, but after half an hour I was going down and before dinner was 126 and now 35 min after dinner, I have 140, it is true that I have only eaten the fruit of hydrates.
But that is my experience, it may not be valid for others because I know of people who are used to doing a lot of anaerobic and do not rise as soon as I imagine that because the body is accustomed or something, I don't know.

meginer's profile photo
meginer
03/22/2021 9:33 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.