{'en': 'Doubts when resuming sport after debuting', 'es': 'Dudas al retomar el deporte después de debutar'} Image

Doubts when resuming sport after debuting

elisa74's profile photo   03/18/2021 1:32 p.m.

@Meginer The same thing happens to me but the climb is milder, yesterday I made a batch of flexions and from 170 I went to 210 and then after passing 20-30min it went down to 140

marine's profile photo
marine
03/23/2021 9:23 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Hello everyone, we have already been in the endocrine this morning and has given him a green light to start playing sports, he surprised me because he has not told him to start first to make a horita or go up a little more every day, he has meSaid that basketball (it is what he practices) is more anaerobic (he had no idea) and that it may be that he went to climb more than to go down, that he is controlled at the beginning of the train, every half an hour and at the end.I have asked him not to train if he has been punctured (for the time of the snack etc) and he has told me that nothing happened, that if a unit less or eat one more ration of hydrates, than if it is in 250(rare thing) should not do sports, that if it is in 80 it takes half juice, and that if it is in 100 for example some carbohydrates of slow absorption (a pair of saladitos type donuts, a yogurt ...), inend, I suppose it will be a matter of trying even if I am "shit", if nothing happens on Saturday will begin to train ... He is super happy of clear ...

elisa74's profile photo
elisa74
03/23/2021 1:41 p.m.

elisa74 said:
hello everyone, we have already been in the endocrine this morning and has given him green light to start playing sports, he has surprised me because he has not told him to start first to doA horita or go up a little more every day, he has told me that basketball (it is what he practices) is more anaerobic (he had no idea) and that it may be that he went to climb more than to go down, to controlAt the beginning of the train, every half hour and at the end.I have asked him not to train if he has been punctured (for the time of the snack etc) and he has told me that nothing happened, that if a unit less or eat one more ration of hydrates, than if it is in 250(rare thing) should not do sports, that if it is in 80 it takes half juice, and that if it is in 100 for example some carbohydrates of slow absorption (a pair of saladitos type donuts, a yogurt ...), inend, I suppose it will be a matter of trying even if I am "shit", if nothing happens on Saturday will begin to train ... He is super happy of clear ...

@Elisa74 My opinion is that endocrine is wrong ...

Any exercise that raises its heart rhythm substantially is cardio and you will tell me if it is the same to be sitting up weights than being running playing basketball .... it will lower glycemia if or yes.

If you puncture and do not exercise, the effect of insulin will be a soy older one, it can cause it a hypo, so you better put less units and test ...

Think that a hypo is always more dangerous than to be in 200.So to testing it is better to fall short and see how the body reacts.

marine's profile photo
marine
03/23/2021 3:50 p.m.

@Elisa74

Don't worry !Enjoy basketball.Remember each body is a world and you will have to see how it reacts.The first times you play may be good that you are close (without overwhelming it!) But you see how it reacts.

Ah, it would be very good that at first a very regular pattern follow.For example, if you do sports eating a ration and without insulin, that always does it for a few weeks.So you can draw conclusions better.If you change, it will be very complicated.

In my modest opinion, as it is very young, and just started, I would prevent sports with active insulin, at least at the beginning.But that is my opinion!

You will tell us

jldiazdel's profile photo
jldiazdel
03/23/2021 4 p.m.

DM1 desde Marzo 2018 (53 años). 7-10 unidades basal: Abasaglar (insulina glargina). NovoRapid. Factor 1.0/1.5.
Vivo en Alemania. CarboH total dia 70-80 gr. Deporte Gym todos dias L-V 1h-2 h
HbA1c 5,5% (Abril 2022)
Dexcom G6

THANK YOUThe quiet.On Saturday if you start training I see myself hanging from the basket to monitor it to the top ajajaj

elisa74's profile photo
elisa74
03/23/2021 4:43 p.m.

elisa74 said:
thank you very much @marine and @jldiazdel, yes, I also believe that I will be cautious with the active insulin, it doesn't make me very funny, and as @marine I prefer I preferPecar to go a little high than we like the quiet.On Saturday if you start training I see myself hanging from the basket to monitor it to the top ajajaja

What treatment and diet would follow the basketball day?for helping ..

marine's profile photo
marine
03/23/2021 4:48 p.m.

I advise you the same, at first, better to try without any insulin sport.I would tell you to play sports with about 140/150 or like that, and see how it reacts after training.And if it is over the 100, one or two rations they will do well.Basketball surely lowers sugar, although each body is a world, football rises to more than 200 glycemia without eating anything before for example.

Since Freestyle carries, I recommend you buy a sports bracelet (a Miband 5 that costs about 20 euros serves as plenty), and adjustments the alarms for the bracelet to vibrate when you climb or lower a level.So while it does sports he can realize himself of whether he is going down a lot or is going up a lot.I have since I let me know in less than 80 and in more than 180, to correct and catch me with a margin to act.So you can play sports as a quieter and without the mobile.Keep in mind that sometimes it will not be accurate, but it is a very good indicative.

Teresun's profile photo
Teresun
03/23/2021 5:04 p.m.

Thank you very much @Teresun, I did not know about the bracelet, the truth is that it is a great idea!Because of course ... you won't train with the mobile ... where can I buy it?I understand that it works by Bluetooth?Thank you !

elisa74's profile photo
elisa74
03/24/2021 12:21 a.m.

@marine, the training is Tuesday from 6:30 p.m. to 8:30 p.m., Wednesday and Friday from 5:30 p.m. to 7:30 p.m.16: 50h, it gives it the right time to change and snack something, the pattern it has for the snack are 3.5 rations of H and 4 of insulin, then reaching 5 and puncturing and going to train does not make me funny,Neither at 5 nor at 6 ...
This Saturday they have put an extra train at 12:30 a.m. and maybe we try to start that day because being Saturday I can be close and see how it is going, but knowing sure you wake up at 11h (it is very sleepy) and alreadyI do not know if you should puncture and breakfast (you will not go training without taking anything), or taking something but does not click (almost a month ago it does not do sports) ... I do not know how to do it ... Manythank you !!

elisa74's profile photo
elisa74
03/24/2021 12:37 a.m.

elisa74 said:
@marine, the training is Tuesday from 6:30 p.m. to 8:30 p.m., Wednesday and Friday from 5:30 p.m. to 7:30 p.m.They are suspended by the COVID), he arrives from the school about 4:50 p.m.The 5 and clicking and going to train does not make me funny, at 5 at 5 at 6 ...
This Saturday they have put an extra train at 12:30 a.m. and maybe we try to start that day because being Saturday I can be close and see how it is going, but knowing sure you wake up at 11h (it is very sleepy) and alreadyI do not know if you should puncture and breakfast (you will not go training without taking anything), or taking something but does not click (almost a month ago it does not do sports) ... I do not know how to do it ... ManyThank you !!

I tell you what I would do, suppress the insulin totally and lower the rations of the snack to 2.

To do sports right in the maximum insulin action peak I do not see it anything because in addition, although it does not suffer hypoglycemia it can have exactly the same symptoms because it will be put together the effects of the exercise + those of insulin.

marine's profile photo
marine
03/24/2021 8:25 a.m.

Thank you @marine, yes, I think it is best to start playing sports without putting insulin, I'll tell you ...

elisa74's profile photo
elisa74
03/24/2021 6:39 p.m.

If you have time, I told in this video the keys to exercise in people with diabetes
Link
I hope it helps you <3

Fran_Alcantara's profile photo
Fran_Alcantara
03/25/2021 8:39 a.m.

@Fran_alcantara

Very good video and didactic.I liked it a lot.

Just clarify q in the tables that you put for each type of exercise (aerobic/anaerobic), glucose levels before starting and the action to be performed, I think that the actions to be performed are very personal and each one must try.If I took all the CH Q you put for example to 120 before starting, I would go to 300 glycemia.I am taking sips, but normally even after an hour of aerobic exercise I do not need a ration.In fact over time I need less and less.Lately only medium.
The same nuance with respect to quick and slow insulin reductions with/after exercise.It is very personal and each one must try.The best is regular.But the tables are very illustrative and it is very good.Very good video

jldiazdel's profile photo
jldiazdel
03/25/2021 11:25 a.m.

DM1 desde Marzo 2018 (53 años). 7-10 unidades basal: Abasaglar (insulina glargina). NovoRapid. Factor 1.0/1.5.
Vivo en Alemania. CarboH total dia 70-80 gr. Deporte Gym todos dias L-V 1h-2 h
HbA1c 5,5% (Abril 2022)
Dexcom G6

Thank you very much @fran_alcantara, I see this weekend without fail!

elisa74's profile photo
elisa74
03/26/2021 12:03 a.m.

jldiazdel said:
@fran_alcantara

Very good video and didactic.I liked it a lot.

Just clarify q in the tables that you put for each type of exercise (aerobic/anaerobic), glucose levels before starting and the action to be performed, I think that the actions to be performed are very personal and each one must try.If I took all the CH Q you put for example to 120 before starting, I would go to 300 glycemia.I am taking sips, but normally even after an hour of aerobic exercise I do not need a ration.In fact over time I need less and less.Lately only medium.
The same nuance with respect to quick and slow insulin reductions with/after exercise.It is very personal and each one must try.The best is regular.But the tables are very illustrative and it is very good.Very good video

Good @jldiazdel,
The video was based on the latest scientific articles published on the subject.Of course it depends on each person and situation, they are general recommendations.In your case, it happens to you because you are advised.When one performs daily exercise, the body is advised to this exercise load and the changes in blood glucose (both ups and downs) are not so serious.
Above all I was focused on people who do not exercise and want to start do not know how to control it after their debut, as is the case of @Elisa74
Greetings and thanks for your comment

Fran_Alcantara's profile photo
Fran_Alcantara
03/27/2021 5:16 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.