{'en': 'FOODS METER OR TABLE OF HC RATIONS?', 'es': 'Alimentos ¿Vasito medidor o Tabla de raciones de HC?'} Image

FOODS METER OR TABLE OF HC RATIONS?

diabetikafenix's profile photo   03/12/2021 11:06 a.m.

Helloaaa!

What method are you most to count the rations the meter glass or the HC ration table?

I say it because I have heard and read the banana is a fruit that raises the sugar a lot, but in the HC rations it says that the I.G.The banana is 50 and the nutriscore traffic light is in green, so I didn't understand anything.

By the way my HC rations all day are 2RHC Breakfast 4Rhc food 4rhc dinner

Thank you!!

diabetikafenix's profile photo
diabetikafenix
03/12/2021 11:06 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Hello, it depends on the maturity of the fruit.

The higher, the more % of fructose it has

marine's profile photo
marine
03/12/2021 12:34 p.m.

@diabetikafenix

I don't know very well what is that of the meter glass.

But I weight everything (if I can) and I have a food composition book (I also are worth some tables).

Apart from the hydrates, I look grease and protein, and of course fiber (carbohydrates that are not absorbed) and also the glycemic index to know a little about how they will enter, but in general the doses of insulin do not change.There is no much obsessed about the IG.It is another step in control, but it is much more important to know the amount of carbohydrates, fat and proteins that we eat and avoid saturated fats.

I only look at the IG to know if I have to put insulin 15 or 30 m before or after.But I know that fruit and liquids enter fast, in general.It also depends on other things that eat.

Ah and then the most important thing.One thing is the tables and another as we assimilate carbohydrates.And that is very personal and is proof and error.

jldiazdel's profile photo
jldiazdel
03/12/2021 1:51 p.m.

DM1 desde Marzo 2018 (53 años). 7-10 unidades basal: Abasaglar (insulina glargina). NovoRapid. Factor 1.0/1.5.
Vivo en Alemania. CarboH total dia 70-80 gr. Deporte Gym todos dias L-V 1h-2 h
HbA1c 5,5% (Abril 2022)
Dexcom G6

marine said:
hello, because it depends on the maturity of the fruit.

The higher, the more % fructose has

it's true!.The more mature the banana is, the more the glucose goes up when consuming it!

matrix's profile photo
matrix
03/12/2021 5:34 p.m.

Desde México. DB2. Metformina c/ 12hrs. No insulina. HCG22/02/21: 9.0. HCG 18/04/21: 7.4

I removed the banana from my diet.I have eaten half twice in hypoglycemia, and trace a lot.
The food does not weight or measure, only very at the beginning, now it is by eye.If I run out of insulina I replace and if I happen I give myself a caprichin 😉

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
03/12/2021 5:40 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

ruthbia said:
I removed it from my diet.I have eaten half twice in hypoglycemia, and trace a lot.
The food does not weight or measure, only very at the beginning, now it is by eye.If I run out of insulina I replace and if I happen I give myself a caprichin 😉

That is good ... if you fall short, you get more insulin ... and if you spend, you give yourself a whim!Nice!

matrix's profile photo
matrix
03/13/2021 10:06 a.m.

Desde México. DB2. Metformina c/ 12hrs. No insulina. HCG22/02/21: 9.0. HCG 18/04/21: 7.4

Hi, @diabetikafenix:

The first year of DM1 weighed everything, consulted the HC tables and constantly looked at the nutritional values ​​of what I bought.In addition, he scored everything he ate in a booklet that then took the educator.And, suddenly, I stopped doing it and started putting insulin by eye.Think that this "eye" does not mean "crazy."I have been learning what moments of the day I need more insulin, what independent food factors influence glycemia and take into account something very basic and that, during the week, I usually eat the same and approximate quantities.I try that hydrates come from vegetables, legumes, dairy and some fruits, and mix them with proteins and nuts.The weekend is another story: like everything that I feel like, that's what insulin is for and for that I carry the free, to be able to correct what is needed before the petarch.
When the diabetes diagnosed me, I had a 10.7 hemo.At three months, 6.5 and then, in these years, I have moved between 5.6 and 6.
Is there a better system than another?Actually, I think it is the one who comes well to each one.All are based on constant observation and learning.
PD: The meter glass never used it.I depressed me to know that this thimble were two rations.As for bananas, sometimes I like one if I'm going to be walking for a while or I am doing an aerobic exercise.

Palomilla's profile photo
Palomilla
03/13/2021 11:09 a.m.

DM1 desde abril 2018.
Toujeo y Fiasp.
Primero, Dexcom G4, luego, FreeStyle 2 (SS), ahora, Dexcom One (SS).

@Palomilla haha ​​I on July 6 I do 3a with diabetes ... I still have been pk for a while ... and the first time I use the meter glass with rice the first thing I said.Was this just ???K pokito right ??Hahaha, that is, 2Rhc of the meter glass with rice are only 3Dedos ... haha ​​and it is assumed that the HC give energy, and the little amount k gives the meter glass, we would have little energy .. Let's go the amounts of the meter glass are unreasonable ...but instead in the Rations table HC/grams k elaboo Serafin Murillo .. they are reasonable Maas .. 100gr/2Rhc 200/4Rhc 300gr/6rhc and this table is much better when it comes to exercise or other things because it gives you moreEnergy .. I have had several hypos using rations with the meter glass.There are educators k manipulate you make you believe things K are not valida or correct ... then the lack of information ... and it is true that if I like a plate of 300gr/6rhc pasta and after 2h me me meThe sugar goes up more than 200mg because I take it and I solve it correcting me a dose of rapida.And if I get less than 200mg, then exercise or other things ... and from Monday to Friday you can eat healthy and eat the insane.Kapchos goes jejjje tb sometimes ... It is a depressing PK eating every day the same HC rations.In all meals ... nothing happens if one day or two during the week you jump the fixed rations .. or tb you can eat the same fixed portions d l a v and the weekend change the amounts, total that gives the more the most rationsHC, let's get ....?of glycemia..k we have, we can correct or exercise..FIN..JJJJ
P.D: Diabetes has solutions

diabetikafenix
03/13/2021 11:57 a.m.

I just fulfilled exactly 3 A with DM1.A day like today I send me the endocrine to the hospital.It can also be seen as 3rd more that I am still alive!
And I remember that I had a vacation reserved in the Canary Islands.I remember that I told the endocrine and you can't give me some pill and I'm going to the hospital on the back.He smiled and said: It is enough that I let you go to your house to take the clothes that you need !!I had a 12% HB!

I have always eaten very few carbohydrates (bread, pasta, rice) the truth and now as almost exactly the same.In that I have not been much problem.For me the worst at the beginning was to leave my great German beers of half a liter!A trauma.They are more than two servings for what I checked and complicated me a lot.

Then, after looking a lot, I found a bio beer that has a label tag.A wonder.And he knows well.So when I'm something low, I take about 200 ml and it's just to overcome.That my Capricho moment !!:)

jldiazdel
03/13/2021 12:17 p.m.

DM1 desde Marzo 2018 (53 años). 7-10 unidades basal: Abasaglar (insulina glargina). NovoRapid. Factor 1.0/1.5.
HbA1c 5,5% (Abril 2022)
Dexcom G6

There are things that I don't understand.
@jldiazdel
They send you to the hospital with 12 HB.And in the forum I have read that many other TB were sent to the hospital and with less.
I give 16 HB and send me home with 10 units of slow ...
The first week was terrified, then it is true that the second, seeing normal values ​​I calmed down.
What depends on being sent to the hospital?
From the doctor, I suppose ...

isabelbota's profile photo
isabelbota
03/13/2021 9:23 p.m.

DM 2 con páncreas agotado desde diciembre 2020. 51 años entonces.
HG diciembre 2020: 15.9. Última HG: julio 2024 5.8
Abasaglar 9 unidades. Metformina, 1000/0/1000. Humalog junior: 2 unid en desayuno y luego en función de lo que coma.

I guess @isabelbota
Keep in mind that I live in Germany and in each site there are different protocols, but I can't tell you much more!
I hope you're fine

jldiazdel
03/13/2021 9:29 p.m.

HbA1c 5,5% (Abril 2022)
Dexcom G6

@jldiazdel
Yes, thanks, very good.
And now I'm glad they won't send me, being in the hospital is never pleasant.But these things make me think that our life depends a lot on the fate that we have to find a good or bad doctor ...

isabelbota's profile photo
isabelbota
03/13/2021 9:32 p.m.

DM 2 con páncreas agotado desde diciembre 2020. 51 años entonces.
HG diciembre 2020: 15.9. Última HG: julio 2024 5.8
Abasaglar 9 unidades. Metformina, 1000/0/1000. Humalog junior: 2 unid en desayuno y luego en función de lo que coma.

I went for Sanitas to very early analytics, 7:00 am and they entered me based on insulin.When I went down to 120 they sent me home and the SS because I tell myself that diabetes was very expensive privately.
The header in the afternoon sent me to the hospital with an order of admission.They did not enter me because there were no free beds in Toledo, I remember people in the halls for flu epidemic in January 2015.
I debuted with 13.6 of glyc, ketoacedosis and 368 mg/dl on an empty stomach.The C peptide in 1.09.
For me that depends on the header.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
03/14/2021 10:44 a.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

@isabelbota There are nutritionist educators etc et that do not give detailed information about it .. They show selflessness for your health ethay consultations that come to last only 5m haha ​​and send you to house and "wash your hands" and meanwhile the patient is bewildereduninformed and thinking how will such a thing be done?So what does the patient do ..?Find information to advise for forums ... Social redees as on Instagram q is a community of people with diabetes and teach you advise you worry more than your own doctor team haha ​​I have read people on Instagram saying that their educator etc.They do not teach them they do not explain anything and who turn to Instagram and those people have learned more in that community with their own educator etc

diabetikafenix
03/14/2021 11:15 a.m.

ruthbia said:
I went for Sanitas to an early analytical, 7:00 am and entered me there based on insulin.When I went down to 120 they sent me home and the SS because I tell myself that diabetes was very expensive privately.
The header in the afternoon sent me to the hospital with an order of admission.They did not enter me because there were no free beds in Toledo, I remember people in the halls for flu epidemic in January 2015.
I debuted with 13.6 of glyc, ketoacedosis and 368 mg/dl on an empty stomach.The C peptide in 1.09.
For me that depends on the head doctor.

TB depends a lot on your general status and your age, I debuted with 11 years, full preteens, with 700 glycemia after some papers that I took that it seems that it was what the autoimmune reaction was triggered, of course a bestial acidosis,A pancreatitis, all inflammatory parameters by the clouds, and I spent a week in ICU and another in the plant, I speak to you of 38 years ago, but I imagine that in this situation, it would be the same now.Then, they did not gly when entering.

meginer's profile photo
meginer
03/14/2021 11:24 a.m.

Hello everyone:
I use since an application for the mobile called Foodmeter came out where it tells me according to the amount of the food in question, carbohydrates, fats and proteins ..
Take controls for breakfast, food, snack and dinner, and you can print them.
As for the famous glass that they gave me in the hospital, for me it is not worth much.
Greetings from Almoradi (Alicante)

JMJPN's profile photo
JMJPN
03/14/2021 11:52 a.m.

@JMJPN Can you leave me the Foodmeter application link?Please

diabetikafenix
03/14/2021 4:54 p.m.

@Jmjpn in Play Store and in Aptoid I do not get and google I get several app's (foodmeter) and I don't know which of those "app's" is the one that you have your leave x here a "apk" link to download it ..

diabetikafenix
03/14/2021 5:07 p.m.

Forgive that put this x here but I made a pk of grace hahaha how many do you identify ???/Editor/E8/G42KK2R8X951.jpg "Style =" Max-Width: 300px;

diabetikafenix
03/14/2021 5:54 p.m.

To me the app took away a lot of time, being putting the information.
And I better use the hand method, I used to get used to it and now only with my eyes.
I hope it serves you, greetings.

Kandy's profile photo
Kandy
03/14/2021 9:52 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.