I need help

jai's profile photo   03/31/2021 2:13 p.m.

Good morning, I am type 1 diabetic with insulin pump, I have a big problem.I have a lot of Alti/low moments during the year, I suddenly take care of me a lot like I stop doing so.But I know that the best treatment for me is with the insulin bomb.
The issue comes that my endocrine is very angry because if I do not see indications that I take care of myself, because I do not deserve the bomb, but I know that if they take it away, it will be much worse.
I suffer a lot of stress, I get depressed, I come down, it gives me a lot of anxiety and I no longer know what to do ... where to find motivation or how to continue without leaving it in two months, without getting tired.
She doesn't understand me, and I can understand her, but I think we are not focusing it in the same way.
It's the same, I don't know ...
I tried to go to a psychologist but he only focused on other things is not what I need so I have not been ...

If someone can tell me something, I would appreciate it very much.

Last analytical: 7.9

All the best

jai's profile photo
jai
03/31/2021 2:13 p.m.

DM1 desde abril 2007. Tengo 38 años.
Vivo en Canarias.
HbA1c 7,9% (Nov 2020)
Bomba de Insulina

@jai

Ask your endocrine to prescribe a continuous glucose monitor (Abbott for example) and you tell him that in about 3 months you will see the results!

With a sensor you should lower your hemoglobin quite a lot, well if you take care of the food!

jldiazdel's profile photo
jldiazdel
03/31/2021 2:28 p.m.

DM1 desde Marzo 2018 (53 años). 7-10 unidades basal: Abasaglar (insulina glargina). NovoRapid. Factor 1.0/1.5.
Vivo en Alemania. CarboH total dia 70-80 gr. Deporte Gym todos dias L-V 1h-2 h
HbA1c 5,5% (Abril 2022)
Dexcom G6

Hello, I have asked for it, do you say the one in the arm, right?But he says that if not low and I do not control myself without that, it does not give it to me, so it makes it difficult for me.

By the way, I carry with insulin bomb for about 14 years.

jai's profile photo
jai
03/31/2021 2:36 p.m.

Vivo en Canarias.
HbA1c 7,9% (Nov 2020)
Bomba de Insulina

Well you say that if you prescribe it, you commit to go down.I guess you want to put pressure for reactions.It is for your good.Your hemoglobin is not good and you will have problems over time.It is a matter of time, but poorly controlled diabetes kills slowly and creates problems.There is no doubt about that.

It would be good that in any case you try to lower your hemoglobin.Healthy eating and sport or regular movement.Make an effort.Your body will thank you.

jldiazdel
03/31/2021 2:46 p.m.

DM1 desde Marzo 2018 (53 años). 7-10 unidades basal: Abasaglar (insulina glargina). NovoRapid. Factor 1.0/1.5.
HbA1c 5,5% (Abril 2022)
Dexcom G6

jldiazdel said:
well you say that if you prescribe it, you compromise to go down.I guess you want to put pressure for reactions.It is for your good.Your hemoglobin is not good and you will have problems over time.It is a matter of time, but poorly controlled diabetes kills slowly and creates problems.There is no doubt about that.

It would be good that in any case you try to lower your hemoglobin.Healthy eating and sport or regular movement.Make an effort.Your body will thank you.

Thank you for your words, yes, already on previous visits to the endocrine, I spoke with her and told her that I would do it, and I do not maintain the constancy, I can eat me to calm the anxiety, I am doing it wrong.

Greetings

jai's profile photo
jai
03/31/2021 2:55 p.m.

Vivo en Canarias.
HbA1c 7,9% (Nov 2020)
Bomba de Insulina

Well at least you know what you do wrong and you are aware.
Now to remedy.
It is better late than ever especially in our case.
Badly controlled diabetes is no joke.Take it very seriously!Well it's your body and you decide.

All the best

jldiazdel
03/31/2021 3:17 p.m.

HbA1c 5,5% (Abril 2022)
Dexcom G6

One more device will not solve the problem.You have to react now !!If you think you are going to be more motivated to make changes for long buy the freestyle sensor and see if you succeed, but if you do not put much effort, what a device does not fix it.
You should go to the psychologist to know the why of these ups and downs, now I take care of me, now not.Go again, that will help you improve your life and thus control your disease.Don't let her control you.
Luck!!

Anaisabel's profile photo
Anaisabel
03/31/2021 4:38 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

@Jai How old are you? If you don't bother you to say it

Alberto_13's profile photo
Alberto_13
03/31/2021 5:03 p.m.

DM3c desde 2018; hb 6 % (feb.. 2022) (tresiba+fiasp+metformina)

anaisabel said:
One more device will not solve the problem.You have to react now !!If you think you are going to be more motivated to make changes for long buy the freestyle sensor and see if you succeed, but if you do not put much effort, what a device does not fix it.
You should go to the psychologist to know the why of these ups and downs, now I take care of me, now not.Go again, that will help you improve your life and thus control your disease.Don't let her control you.
Luck!!

Hi Ana, yes, I know, where do you buy?If I have to do it I will do it.Thank you so much.

I know I would help me a lot, I will see if I am in the association with the psychologist and helps me understand why I have these lows.Today, I cannot say that I control myself, but it is true that one of the things I do, badly done is to ignore that I have it, and I have fallen into a loop from where I find it hard to get out.

Thanks Ana

jai's profile photo
jai
03/31/2021 5:07 p.m.

Vivo en Canarias.
HbA1c 7,9% (Nov 2020)
Bomba de Insulina

It is in your firm: 38

jldiazdel

HbA1c 5,5% (Abril 2022)
Dexcom G6

<Blockquote class = "quote" rel = "alberto_13"

Alberto 38, it is not discomfort.

jai's profile photo
jai

Vivo en Canarias.
HbA1c 7,9% (Nov 2020)
Bomba de Insulina

I am aware that I am the first culprit, the one that has caused to be this evil and piss everyone who cares and loves me, in fact, I am writing these words and I cannot do it without crying.

I feel that everyone has already given me the opportunities they could and nobody trusts me more.

:(

jai's profile photo
jai
03/31/2021 5:09 p.m.

Vivo en Canarias.
HbA1c 7,9% (Nov 2020)
Bomba de Insulina

I think it's not late!And you are aware of the problem.That is a great advance.

Do not macate for past errors.Learn from them.

We have all committed them.I don't think there is no one in this forum that has not made mistakes.I first.I have put the leg many times and those that I have left.

Now the important thing is that without overwhelms controls and moves a bit.Walking after eating is a great help.Just an hour of walk is enough.Well and if you can't, half an hour.Better than nothing.Reduces daily carbohydrates that you take and you will see the results.It is not that you mentally macked you, but about acting.Calmly.

You will see how in a couple of months you tell us a much lower hemoglobin result !!

jldiazdel
03/31/2021 5:16 p.m.

HbA1c 5,5% (Abril 2022)
Dexcom G6

You are taking another chance, now you are doing it.You are expressing what happens to you, you know what happens to you, but you need some help, look for it.

Anaisabel's profile photo
Anaisabel
03/31/2021 5:16 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

It is as if I felt fear of talking again with my endocrine for fear of more dams, I am even afraid :(, I do not know how I could reach this point. It is clear that I also have to say that once one of replacement sank me, I was excited to the appointment, with what I had progressed, and threw it down ... these things affect me and although it sounds like an excuse, it is so.

:(

jai's profile photo
jai
03/31/2021 5:18 p.m.

Vivo en Canarias.
HbA1c 7,9% (Nov 2020)
Bomba de Insulina

jldiazdel said:
I think it's not too late!And you are aware of the problem.That is a great advance.

Do not macate for past errors.Learn from them.

We have all committed them.I don't think there is no one in this forum that has not made mistakes.I first.I have put the leg many times and those that I have left.

Now the important thing is that without overwhelms controls and moves a bit.Walking after eating is a great help.Just an hour of walk is enough.Well and if you can't, half an hour.Better than nothing.Reduces daily carbohydrates that you take and you will see the results.It is not that you mentally macked you, but about acting.Calmly.

You will see how in a couple of months you tell us a much lower hemoglobin result !!

Thank you, my work schedule is from 08:30 to 14 and from 4 to 19, from Monday to Friday and Saturday from 08:30 to 14:00, when I get home I dedicate my family, house, food, dinner, dinner,And I don't want anything else.I have little free time but it is appreciated that I work.

I have an appointment with Endo on 04/15, I gave it to me to take the anger.So I will go with how little I have from here and what God wants, and if he fails to understand me I will give him the bomb and change my endocrine.

I guess what I think today, tomorrow will be another day and I calmly fit.

Thank you very much for the comments, and of course I will tell you how this drama continues: Smile:

jai's profile photo
jai
03/31/2021 5:22 p.m.

Vivo en Canarias.
HbA1c 7,9% (Nov 2020)
Bomba de Insulina

anaisabel said:
you are giving you another chance, now you are doing it.You are expressing what happens to you, you know what happens to you, but you need some help, look for it.

Yes, I am doing that, and with you too, I am very grateful to talk to someone impartial, who does not judge me, who can understand me.

Thanks really

jai's profile photo
jai
03/31/2021 5:23 p.m.

Vivo en Canarias.
HbA1c 7,9% (Nov 2020)
Bomba de Insulina

The bomb cannot take it away!Don't worry.

Ask to change your endocrine.Tell him that you are not comfortable.But the bomb cannot take it away.Don't worry!

Ask for a continuous glucose sensor.Insists.Protest!If necessary, talk to the director of that center.Don't be afraid of that doctor.There are some that are very bad unfortunately.But you are clear that you have to improve your diet and control.I think the sensor can help you a lot

Cheer up

jldiazdel
03/31/2021 5:36 p.m.

HbA1c 5,5% (Abril 2022)
Dexcom G6

jldiazdel said:
the pump cannot take it out!Don't worry.

Ask to change your endocrine.Tell him that you are not comfortable.But the bomb cannot take it away.Don't worry!

Ask for a continuous glucose sensor.Insists.Protest!If necessary, talk to the director of that center.Don't be afraid of that doctor.There are some that are very bad unfortunately.But you are clear that you have to improve your diet and control.I think the sensor can help you a lot

Cheer up

I hope so, in 2019, I think it was, the one I had, and for a month I was with pen, and I ended up admitted, it was a disaster, I could not return to that treatment.

Thank you thanks

jai's profile photo
jai
03/31/2021 5:47 p.m.

Vivo en Canarias.
HbA1c 7,9% (Nov 2020)
Bomba de Insulina

@jai
It is true that the sensor serves a barbarity.If you make a mistake and see how it gets yellow/red and you whistle you very scary and that mistake do not commit it again.It is not the same as not knowing anything and living in ignorance.
As they tell you, don't torture yourself for the past.You cannot change it, your change starts today, and you will make mistakes, as we all make, but the important thing is that they are less and less.And when you see what improves you will motivate yourself and every time it will be easier.
It is true that you have a bad work schedule but I don't know if you could walk or things come back.Walking greatly improves.
Much encouragement and a lot of strength.Can.

isabelbota's profile photo
isabelbota
03/31/2021 7:02 p.m.

DM 2 con páncreas agotado desde diciembre 2020. 51 años entonces.
HG diciembre 2020: 15.9. Última HG: julio 2024 5.8
Abasaglar 9 unidades. Metformina, 1000/0/1000. Humalog junior: 2 unid en desayuno y luego en función de lo que coma.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.