Type 2 Diabetes There is no way to lower sugar

vicenteiglesias's profile photo   03/30/2021 6:17 a.m.

Hello,

I have type 2 diabetes and the sugar has raised me again when I have not varied a diet or daily exercise ... I started feeling a little bad in the morning will do 1 month and every time I try the sugar, the sugar appears between 140-260.

I take metformin 1 a day by the Mañans and maybe I need more, I have the feeling that any day gives me something and every time I sleep worse with the change of time.

But I don't know what to do, I have lost some weight and it is not solved, I will talk to the doctor although it will take the appointment because it lengthens with this Covid.

vicenteiglesias's profile photo
vicenteiglesias
03/30/2021 6:17 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Should I ask for prolonged injectable insulin again?I say it for the matter that at the beginning of diagnosing myself they gave me this and I was doing very well once a day

vicenteiglesias
03/30/2021 6:41 a.m.

@vicenteiglesias
Good morning Vicente.
Ask for the appointment with the doctor.It is normal that treatments have to be changed over time and yours is minimal (a metformin a day, I would like).
As my endocrine told me, the correct treatment is the one that goes well to the patient.And it is clear that lately yours is not going.
Do not overwhelm but do not leave it, it is important that you feel good.If they have to re -prescribe slowly, the doctor will.But that will be an issue of adjusting treatment.Cheer up.

isabelbota's profile photo
isabelbota
03/30/2021 9:01 a.m.

DM 2 con páncreas agotado desde diciembre 2020. 51 años entonces.
HG diciembre 2020: 15.9. Última HG: julio 2024 5.8
Abasaglar 9 unidades. Metformina, 1000/0/1000. Humalog junior: 2 unid en desayuno y luego en función de lo que coma.

Isabelbota said:
@vicenteiglesias
Good morning Vicente.
Ask for the appointment with the doctor.It is normal that treatments have to be changed over time and yours is minimal (a metformin a day, I would like).
As my endocrine told me, the correct treatment is the one that goes well to the patient.And it is clear that lately yours is not going.
Do not overwhelm but do not leave it, it is important that you feel good.If they have to re -prescribe slowly, the doctor will.But that will be an issue of adjusting treatment.Courage.

Thanks Isabel, let's see what happens, after 2 years since diabetes were diagnosed, apparently we will have to see what has happened.

The stress and haste I think they make me up the sugar for what I am reading in this forum, I did not know that I influenced so much.

vicenteiglesias
03/30/2021 10:17 a.m.

@vicenteiglesias

Stress makes our body generate cortisol hormone (if I remember correcting our brain) and cortisol greatly affects blood glucose.There are more hormones that also increase blood glucose.

I know it's difficult, but you should try to control stress.There are many techniques.But sometimes the mind goes free!It is not easy.I try to breathe and reflect a minute if it really is so urgent.Sometimes it works and sometimes not, really.But it is important that one first is aware of which Stress has (there are people who have stress and do not recognize it) and that then helps to identify what causes it and then one can try to think about how to control it.

Apart from the stress, you can greatly influence food.Eating fast, food not very healthy and with a hurry, it also influences.

In any case, it is clear that you have to see the doctor.These values ​​are high and it is not convenient to be so high.Remember to continue doing regular controls but after 3 hours of a meal.

all the best

jldiazdel's profile photo
jldiazdel
03/30/2021 10:30 a.m.

DM1 desde Marzo 2018 (53 años). 7-10 unidades basal: Abasaglar (insulina glargina). NovoRapid. Factor 1.0/1.5.
Vivo en Alemania. CarboH total dia 70-80 gr. Deporte Gym todos dias L-V 1h-2 h
HbA1c 5,5% (Abril 2022)
Dexcom G6

Have you made a glycosylated hemoglobin?

Alberto_13's profile photo
Alberto_13
03/30/2021 11:29 a.m.

DM3c desde 2018; hb 6 % (feb.. 2022) (tresiba+fiasp+metformina)

alberto_13 said:
have made a glycosylated hemoglobin?

I think no, I will have to consult.

vicenteiglesias
03/30/2021 2:10 p.m.

alberto_13 said:
have made a glycosylated hemoglobin?

I think that if you refer to the diabetes test they did do it because I already started having high values ​​after moving from 45 and in my family it also happens to a brother who is diabetic type 2 since my mother tooIt happened to him, that from 45 he began to leave sugar.

It seems to have a genetic cause.

vicenteiglesias
03/30/2021 2:14 p.m.

@vicenteiglesias
It is that glycosilada would have to do it regularly.I don't know if type 2 is every 6 months (in Andalusia) for what my doctor told me.But that if all your control is to measure your glucemias on an empty stomach, the truth is not enough.
He insists the doctor, is your health.
Can anyone 2 say what controls do you?
It is that I still have no diagnosis of the type of diabetes, I don't know.

isabelbota
03/30/2021 2:40 p.m.

Abasaglar 9 unidades. Metformina, 1000/0/1000. Humalog junior: 2 unid en desayuno y luego en función de lo que coma.

Until you have well controlled, the glyc

Alberto_13
03/30/2021 5:36 p.m.

I already missed me that my doctor was right ... 😂😂😂
Are you Andaluz @Alberto_13?

isabelbota
03/30/2021 6:57 p.m.

Yeah :)

Alberto_13
03/30/2021 7:23 p.m.

alberto_13 said:
until you have well controlled tehace the glyc every 3 months we go at least to my

Oysters, the endocrine 2 years ago gave me some guidelines and kicked me, did not worry much, the truth, and I was also more lost than the rice ship.

vicenteiglesias
03/30/2021 7:26 p.m.

Is that you have to try by all means that send you to the endocrine

Alberto_13
03/30/2021 8:36 p.m.

@vicenteiglesias
I can't believe it.Go irresponsible endocrine.
Try to send you to another. Diabetes is a serious matter.Type 2 too, although I don't know why social security does not give so much importance to this type.
Go to your header, tell him that they have not made you a glycosylated in 2 years, that you are fatal, which is true, but exaggerates everything you can.
And to the bad sees the emergency room.
You need control, it is very important.
And for what we can help you, here we are.

isabelbota
03/30/2021 9:35 p.m.

By the way, when you mediate the sugar ... in the morning I give acceptable values ​​like 148 but in the afternoon I climb the sugar and I wonder if it is why it took an hour after eating.

I have made an appointment today for the endocrine because I don't like values ​​at all and see that every day I do almost an hour and a half, I don't know what is happening in my body.

vicenteiglesias
03/31/2021 6:31 p.m.

@vicenteiglesias
The acceptable values, as the endocrine told me, are between 70 and 120 on an empty stomach and less than 180 the rest of the day (after meals).They do not always fulfill but have to be out there if treatment and food are correct.
After eating they always go up, therefore it is normal for you to have them even higher.It is assumed that at 2/3 hours after eating (in my case they are 3) they must have dropped.
If you take a long time in the appointment, go to the emergency room.It is not to scare you, quite the opposite, because I don't think that being worried much goes well to anyone.If you go to the emergency, accounts that the endocrine saw you two years ago and then never again, that you take a metformin a day, you say that you get up to more than 200 and you are very bad lately and sometimes you see blurred, and that they have notMade a glycosylated in 2 years, I assure you that they serve you, make you analytics and salts from there scanned and with an appointment for the endocrine.
I would do.Being going around the coconut is not good.

isabelbota
03/31/2021 6:50 p.m.

According to Isabel 148 on an emry is not acceptable

Alberto_13
03/31/2021 8:38 p.m.

Alberto_13 said:
According to Isabel 148 on an empty

It is correct 148 on an empty stomach is DB2 without due control.They should adjust medication, the dose of metformin will probably upto metformin or similar.

A glucosilada urges that reveals the average of the last 3 months.

matrix's profile photo
matrix
04/04/2021 6:55 a.m.

Desde México. DB2. Metformina c/ 12hrs. No insulina. HCG22/02/21: 9.0. HCG 18/04/21: 7.4

Isabelbota said:
@vicenteiglesias
Good morning Vicente.
Do not overwhelm but do not leave it, it is important that you feel good.If they have to re -prescribe slowly, the doctor will.But that will be an issue of adjusting treatment.Courage.

With 148 fasting glucose a metformin up to date is not working.The dose must be higher or may send prolonged release metformin.

I think that you should be measured by fasting glucose and also 2 hours after eating,

And of course, an HCG ...

Here in Mexico with a glucose of 148, they also send studies of lipids and blood chemistry to see if there are other altered values ​​such as uric acid, triglycerides, atherogenic index, etc.

matrix's profile photo
matrix
04/04/2021 6:57 a.m.

Desde México. DB2. Metformina c/ 12hrs. No insulina. HCG22/02/21: 9.0. HCG 18/04/21: 7.4

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.