{'en': 'Where are the moderators?', 'es': '¿Dónde están los moderadores?'} Image

Where are the moderators?

Antonio200's profile photo   09/17/2020 10:18 a.m.

Good morning.

I see more and more threads in which the person who opens it wonders if he can eat certain foods (cheese?, Really?), Smoking certain substances (from happy to Mary) or asks for help for his grandmother, mother or anyAnother relative.

Where are the moderators or the team that filters what can be published or not?

Have you heard of the trolley?

I am not talking about censorship, just to maintain a certain level and that the information that is published is, at least, harmless in the worst case (if it does not help at least do not harm).

For the comments I have seen in those threads I think I'm not the only one who thinks like that ...

Greetings!

Antonio200's profile photo
Antonio200
09/17/2020 10:18 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Well, I think upside down, what can be the world's silly question for you.If you don't like a thread with not answering.Many doubts have emerged.I know that the best one that can guide me is my endocrine, but you want to know what people think with your same disease.

alez1983's profile photo
alez1983
09/17/2020 10:38 a.m.

There are totally legitimate questions, we all have doubts and as you say to some they may seem more or less silly, but if you take a look you will know what I mean.It is reading the name of the thread and thinking "Are you a coña?"

Antonio200
09/17/2020 10:43 a.m.

Man I think you mean spam, advertising your YouTube channel

alez1983's profile photo
alez1983
09/17/2020 10:50 a.m.

No, to trolize: "Built, tire or anger and, especially, tease, hesitate or spend a joke, usually heavy"

Antonio200
09/17/2020 10:55 a.m.

Good morning, @Antonio200, here one of the moderators, we take very seriously the content that is published in the forum but you have to understand, first, that we are not 24/7 attached to the computer and second that what for you can beStupidity, for others it can be a world and that is totally respectable.We will take note of your suggestion and also tell you that if you see news that squeak or think that they should not be, you can report them and then the group of moderators will review it.All the best.

nigiri's profile photo
nigiri
09/17/2020 11:44 a.m.

DM1 desde 1990 - Fiasp y Toujeo - HG: 6,1

Hi Nigiri.I give you the same answer as Alez1983.There are really embarrassing threads in which, curiously, people enter the rag and try to help someone who is clearly hesitating.There are those who realize and post and say it, but there is always the same thing is a sincere and such question.It is very difficult to avoid it, as you say you are not 24/7, but I still see open threads that are manual trolley.In general, if you look at the time you have registered the person who opens the thread and the number of visits and threads you have opened you realize for what has been recorded.

Antonio200
09/17/2020 12:06 p.m.

@Antonio200, the forum we have to take care of among all users.
I am a faithful soldier who denounces everything denouncing and I have always obtained a response from the moderators.
They cannot be dedicated to being censors, but I know they are diligent when they receive a complaint.

solaria's profile photo
solaria
09/17/2020 6:47 p.m.

Debut 46 â- 2012. DM1. Celiaquía e intolerancia lactosa. Anemia perniciosa.
MiniMed 640g + SmartGuard.

I totally agree with what @solaria says

In fact, as @Fer knows, I have already quite complaints.And they always checked quickly.In fact, sometimes I am surprised to see Comments from Charlatans in the forum and that many hours have passed and nobody denounces.That is dangerous!

I understand that someone bothers for "dumb" questions but most are harmless and surely for which you ask important.

I am very concerned about the comments of the charlatans and we occasionally have many miraculous priests for diabetes.And those can do a lot of harm.

Greetings and thanks to those who take care of the forum.It is not easy

jldiazdel's profile photo
jldiazdel
09/17/2020 8:55 p.m.

DM1 desde Marzo 2018 (53 años). 7-10 unidades basal: Abasaglar (insulina glargina). NovoRapid. Factor 1.0/1.5.
Vivo en Alemania. CarboH total dia 70-80 gr. Deporte Gym todos dias L-V 1h-2 h
HbA1c 5,5% (Abril 2022)
Dexcom G6

Totally agree with you @jldiazdel, the team of moderators tried to review all the issues and comments, but when something is urgent, what works best is the complaint, in very brief time we usually review them and take actions.

On the issue of charlatans, it is a continuous bombing, every day there are exploited that are recorded to sell their "miraculous products", I leave this topic as a sign of what comes, by the way, where it says "sometimes they arrive", now it is"They arrive daily."

Link

I am sure that the work we do in moderation, often goes unnoticed, and that is a double merit that I want to recognize the team of moderators, for me, the people who are in moderation deserve all the recognition of the world!

Link

I think it is also worth commenting, that the team is open, that any user with a good criteria and experience in the forum can be moderator, with the only commitment to dedicate the time you decide and respect the forum rules.

For your information, a few hours ago we received a complaint, and beyond the specific case, we are investigating the behavior of a user for several weeks/months, we review the tens of issues and comments that this time has generated, we will have to decide the most actionsadequate following the forum standards.

This continuous work, sometimes arduous and not always grateful, is essential to keep the forum as healthy as possible, and as @jldiazdel says it is essential that we all collaborate to eliminate the contents and users who fail to comply with the standards, I encourage you to do it!;)

A hug and we continue !!

fer's profile photo
fer
09/17/2020 9:50 p.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

@Antonio200 I encourage you, again, to denounce those issues that you consider embarrassing and the moderation team will review it.All the best.

nigiri's profile photo
nigiri
09/18/2020 2:33 p.m.

I have never had problems with moderators.As soon as you report something they are launched to solve or eliminate the post doubtful post.

amiranda's profile photo
amiranda
09/19/2020 7:15 a.m.

DM 1 desde octubre 2008
Fiasp
A1c: 5,6% diciembre 2022
Bomba de insulina Minimed 780G y Guardian Connect 3 desde marzo 2021

I believe that the forum suffers from maximum disorganization due to lack of moderation, and also participation.Of course, in the case of something that I understand as a public and free service, I will refrain from accusing anyone of neglicnce.But it would be very useful to rejoice in a single organized post P.EJ. All technical information about a certain sensor, type of treatment, insulin ...

For example: free freestyle (with several sub -sections: official use, hacking, iPhone, Android ...) Currently, what there are are several scattered and long threads, often full of people's particular problems, where it is impossible.

Greetings to moderators.

Cristóbal Cortés's profile photo
Cristóbal Cortés
09/20/2020 12:23 p.m.

Antonio200 said:
good morning.

I see more and more threads in which the person who opens it wonders if he can eat certain foods (cheese?, Really?), Smoking certain substances (from happy to Mary) or asks for help for his grandmother, mother or anyAnother relative.

Where are the moderators or the team that filters what can be published or not?

Have you heard of the trolley?

I am not talking about censorship, just to maintain a certain level and that the information that is published is, at least, harmless in the worst case (if it does not help at least do not harm).

For the comments I have seen in those threads I think I'm not the only one who thinks like that ...

Greetings!

I totally agree with you Antonio 200 I hardthe diabetes) and that you suppose we all get around to ask ourselves ,,, and if I think it will be without knowing, how I will help you go to a psychologist who puts the ideas in place, above the weirdos are we, well, well, well, thenYou are right, a little seriousness would not come badly, one thing is to orient and another laughing at people, but it seems that it has fun and they call you intolerant ,,, because drugs until you fall asleep so it will hurt anything ..Greetings to all the tolerant of the world

andrespmat's profile photo
andrespmat
09/20/2020 2:12 p.m.

It is that a forum feeds on the spontaneous participation of its users.Threads with doubts and contributions from all of them.If tickets appear with all the technical information organized by categories, it would no longer be a forum, it would be a blog, an informative website or anything else, but not a forum.
I always find useful data, and the performance I have seen of the moderators has always suffered from the most correct.

Carussa's profile photo
Carussa
09/20/2020 2:14 p.m.

DM1 desde octubre de 2019 | Toujeo + Fiasp | FreeStyle | febrero 2023: HbA1c 5,7

Indeed, as @carussa says this is a forum, not a blog and it is something we do disinterested.If you don't like it or you think you are a disaster, it's as simple as not to enter, we don't force anyone to be.

nigiri's profile photo
nigiri
09/20/2020 3:54 p.m.

I've been entering the forum for many years.I registered in 5 or 6baños, but I was already in the Viejo Cerro forum.I will always say it, and very high, I learned almost everything here in the forum.And as I always say there are people who have never had an educator, nutritionist, dietitian, nurse, etcThread but a long time ago.
Moderators do it well and as they have already told the one who does not like it not to enter.And totally agree with what @carussa.

Anaisabel's profile photo
Anaisabel
09/20/2020 9:27 p.m.

I've been in the forum for very little.I am worried about my new situation and I have not been able to find more information and great people trying to help.There are issues that you may like more or less.In these cases, one opens the link or theme you want.I have been diabetic for a few days and without you I don't want to think how it would have happened this weekend.I hope to continue learning and feeling accompanied exactly for what a forum serves.Thank you.

JuanSevillano's profile photo
JuanSevillano
09/20/2020 11:02 p.m.

I have a very long experience in forums for many years: both from the user's perspective, as a moderator and administrator.

People who enter the forums are usually people of very different kinds: age, sex, sexual orientation, political orientation, social class, countries, educational level, etc.

Sometimes there is an abyss between them.Only who is empathetic can see that what for him is a asshole, for another can be a world.

For example, it is lazy to read messages from people who write everything with spelling mistakes or who do not know how to write directly, but you have to understand that maybe it has not had an education as good as that of the reader and that, precisely because of that, perhaps perhapsYou need more help.

My advice, if I am allowed, is that we open our mind: there is a whole world very different from the little one in which we move every day.

On the real spam, I have always seen rapid reactions of the moderation team of this forum.

anif's profile photo
anif
09/22/2020 12:04 p.m.

DM2 (2019)

The important thing is to be educated and empathic.If you don't know how to express or write badly that does not matter to me.We do each one as we can or know.I enter here because it is the only place where they understand me.In my life except my husband, nobody cares anything about them as they say yes.
For some people some comments will be absurd, but the absurd to one for another is not.There are issues that I look little because I don't understand them, but that does not mean that they are not important or necessary to help people who need it.
Greetings.

Anaisabel's profile photo
Anaisabel
09/22/2020 2:32 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.