Apple Watch Scale Free Sensor Free Sensor

Javier Verdugo Mancebo's profile photo   10/01/2020 7:28 p.m.

Hello, could someone tell me if it is possible to scan directly with the Apple Watch on the sensor?What app use and how to do it?Thanks in advance

Javier Verdugo Mancebo's profile photo
Javier Verdugo Mancebo
10/01/2020 7:28 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Yes it is possible, as long as the Íncluya clock antenna NFC and allows you to install apps such as LibreLink, Tomato, XDrip, ...

mamarvazq's profile photo
mamarvazq
10/01/2020 9:08 p.m.

Let's see if I get a little up to date. Thank you very much

Javier Verdugo Mancebo's profile photo
Javier Verdugo Mancebo
10/01/2020 9:58 p.m.

Hello, just one thing I had not thought.Is to use a smartwact with NFC and that the original free app can be installed.That way it will not be an MCG and will continue to be a flash meter but with the smartwacht it is more "easy" to make the scan for example in a sports situation without the need to get the Mobile or Reader of Abbott.
You know some smartwacht that meets the two conditions (NFC and that can be installed originally free)
Thank you

sugarluis's profile photo
sugarluis
10/02/2020 2:12 p.m.

sugarluis said:
hello one thing I had not thought.Is to use a smartwact with NFC and that the original free app can be installed.That way it will not be an MCG and will continue to be a flash meter but with the smartwacht it is more "easy" to make the scan for example in a sports situation without the need to get the Mobile or Reader of Abbott.
You know some smartwacht that meets the two conditions (NFC and that can be installed originally free)
Thanks

To have NFC you must have your chip and, if any clock had it, it would be so great that, probably, nobody bought it, so I doubt that there is something like what you ask.

DavidAG2000's profile photo
DavidAG2000
10/02/2020 10:13 p.m.

To have NFC you must have your chip and, if any clock had it, it would be so great that, probably, nobody bought it, so I doubt that there is something like what you ask.

Thank you very much for your answer.In the market there are smartwatchs with NFC (to pay with them for example Link but I do not know if the NFC to read the freestyle must be larger as you comment.All the best

sugarluis
10/03/2020 2:33 p.m.

sugarluis said:

Thank you very much for your answer.In the market there are smartwatchs with NFC (to pay with them for example Link but I do not know if the NFC to read the freestyle must be larger as you comment.All the best

So there should be no problem.You can look at some of those models.

DavidAG2000's profile photo
DavidAG2000
10/03/2020 6:28 p.m.

Ok I'm going to investigate.The Abbot tell me that they do not know if the app on smartwatch and the NFC will work.
Thank you very much again

sugarluis
10/03/2020 7:48 p.m.

I see that this thread is old ... but in the end with an Apple Watch you can read the sensor?Or can the Apple Watch be used with the iPhone using xDrip or those things that you know ...?
In the new work that I am going to have I will not have much access to the mobile and I am thinking of buying one ... but everything I see in the forum is for Android.

SilviaGRZ's profile photo
SilviaGRZ
07/17/2024 8:49 a.m.

Silvia (España)
Fiaps + Insulatard
Díabética desde los 4 años. Ahora tengo 37.
Hbg 6'9..

silviagrz said:
I see that this thread is old ... but in the end with an Apple Watch you can read the sensor?Or can the Apple Watch be used with the iPhone using xDrip or those things that you know ...?
In the new work that I am going to have, I will not have much access to the mobile access and I am thinking of buying one ... but everything I see in the forum is for Android.

Hello, I am not the most indicated, since it debuts recently (one week) with the theme of diabetes and I have a short time.The only thing I have achieved is to visualize the value of glucose (it is not instant) S, but you cannot scan directly from the sensor, that is, to replicate what you see in the mobile, despite counting the Applewatch with NFCThat works directly on the Apple Watch without depending on the phone, as would be the LibreLink.From what I have read, I think there are other types of sensors (Dexcom G7) that can or can be read shortly from the Apple Watch.
It is also expected in the future, this has been hearing nothing for a long time, that Apple took out an Apple Watch that does it directly, that is, it has its own sensor on the clock.

Dani_GT's profile photo
Dani_GT
07/17/2024 10:44 a.m.

Lada Julio 2024.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

Hi @dani_gt, are you using it with xDrip or something?

SilviaGRZ
07/17/2024 11:19 a.m.

Silvia (España)
Fiaps + Insulatard
Hbg 6'9..

silviagrz said:
hello @dani_gt are you using it with xDrip or something?

Hi Silvia,

No, I use it with an iPhone that I have not seen that the XDrip application.What I use (I hope I will not get more with my answer) is:

LibreLink, then I have installed LibreLink-Up (I register in this application that what it does is replicate the values ​​you get from the free application).Then I install the gluroo application that links it with LibreLink, it has a section that you select Freestyle Free through LibreLink-Up, you enter the Linkup user and password and are linked.Then I install an application called Nightguard, which links with gluroo, in Gluroo copies a link that appears in data (Nightcout URL) and you fight it in the Nightguard application, within this application you go to preferences and where it puts Nightscout pegas the copied.Now you go to the phone and in the configuration of the Apple Watch, where you set the spheres to configure so that the Nihtguard value appears.The value takes to be updated, but well it serves as a reference, also if you click on the value on the clock, you will see the updated value.

Another way is not to use Nightguard and use the Apple Watch Librewatch Apple, it would be the same steps but without having to copy any link.That is to say to install in the FreeLinkup mobile, and then install Librewatch (which is installed in the Apple Watch and not in your mobile), and link them between them by the username and password of LibreLinkup, and then configure the sphere of the Apple WatchTo show that value.
To install LibreLinkup, remember that you have to enter LibreLink into connected applications and associate them.
It is not wonderful, but for now it is the only thing found, I don't know if there will be something better.

I just hope I have not created more confusion ... I do not usually shine for knowing how to express myself well and less writing.

Anyway, if you have any questions you tell me.

Dani_GT's profile photo
Dani_GT
07/17/2024 11:51 a.m.

Lada Julio 2024.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

@Dani_gt will be new as a diabetic, but you are an engineer with this technology!I have stayed ko.
It is clear that Apple Watch is not for me ...
I am also thinking ... although I managed to take all those steps (which is impossible for me to do that ...), do you always have to have the mobile nearby, right?
I want to say: I can't leave my mobile at home and go with the clock, right ...?
The sensor passes the data to the mobile, and the mobile to the clock ...

SilviaGRZ
07/17/2024 6:55 p.m.

Silvia (España)
Fiaps + Insulatard
Hbg 6'9..

@Dani_gt did not know the FreeWatch app.Alright.Although it fails that it does not put the minutes it does of the last value.

And I have not managed to put a sphere that takes the data of LibreLink or Librewatch.

I also notice that iOS does not allow applications to be updated as fast as in Android.And to which you neglect you spend 10 minutes without updating.And you have to open it to do it, especially gluro.

Lately what I do is leave the mobile screen always open with LibreLink and leave it on one side of the table and move on watches and other apps that always go late.

Sherpa41's profile photo
Sherpa41
07/18/2024 1:56 a.m.

En 1922 descubrieron la insulina, en 1930 la insulina lenta. ¿Que c*** han hecho desde entonces?

sherpa41 said:
@dani_gt did not know the free -class app.Alright.Although it fails that it does not put the minutes it does of the last value.

And I have not managed to put a sphere that takes the data of LibreLink or Librewatch.

I also notice that iOS does not allow applications to be updated as fast as in Android.And to which you neglect you spend 10 minutes without updating.And you have to open it to do it, especially gluro.

Lately what I do is leave the mobile screen always open with LibreLink and leave it on one side of the table and pass watches and other apps that always go late.

Good morning!
Yes, you are right, I don't know what happens with Librewatch but it does not show the value, I have seen it to install since I usually use Nightguard and it does not work for me, it is still any update that will soon correct, no idea.
The truth is that it is a shame, the apps that exist are very limited for Apple Watch, the values ​​go quite delay, there is an application that goes something better but is paid: Sweet Dreams, but all sin for the limitation of the refreshment of the soda of theApple Watch ...

(There is another alternative, which I have not tried since I am not looking forward to getting stories, since to install it, it is a bit more complicated, it is: xDrip4ios).

But as you say, in the end I end up looking at the values ​​in the mobile

Dani_GT's profile photo
Dani_GT
07/18/2024 6:26 a.m.

Lada Julio 2024.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

By the way, there is an application for iOS, based on xDrip4ios to replace LibreLink, of which they speak very well.I have not tried it, or for the moment I dare, since you have to link a new sensor, that is, you have to use the application during the 14 days that the sensor lasts without being able to use LibreLink, since you can only link it to an application,A week ago that debuts com diabetic, so I am not to do experiments for the moment, I am totally uncontrolled with the glucose for the moment.The application is called Shuggah and is in Apple's store.

Dani_GT's profile photo
Dani_GT
07/18/2024 9:03 a.m.

Lada Julio 2024.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

If I have heard of them, but XDrip needs to patch the sensor and pass through those things and Shuggah has an interface like Diabox's that I don't like anything.

I also wanted to try Glucose Direct but I see that it needs invitation and there is no.People recommend Sweet Dreams but I have already returned to Android that is all much simpler.

Sherpa41's profile photo
Sherpa41
07/18/2024 2:01 p.m.

En 1922 descubrieron la insulina, en 1930 la insulina lenta. ¿Que c*** han hecho desde entonces?

Finally, I will change the sensor for Dexcom One +'s, I think Dexcom's app can be displayed with the Apple Watch nuctively without so much history.It is a pity that Abbott does not put the batteries with these issues.

Dani_GT's profile photo
Dani_GT
07/19/2024 6:26 a.m.

Lada Julio 2024.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

Hi Dani_gt,

Remember that, as said @Sherpa41 in the other specific thread about seeing the readings directly on the clock, Dexcom has not yet released the update in Spain that allows the iPhone to be dispensed with so that the Apple Watch reads the sensor directly.

@Sherpa41 said:

"Yesterday I wrote to Dexcom Spain, requesting information and told me in capital letters that " The direct connection with the Apple Watch is not yet available in Spain ".

And that the prices of the G7 are 82 euros the unit and that lasts 10 days. "

I guess in a few months it will be available here.I know that in Germany it is already operational and, of course in the US.Meanwhile you must use the iPhone as an intermediary device.It is not usually a big problem.Courage in diabetes debut.The "honeymoon" is complicated to manage.

Health and luck,

Aspirante's profile photo
Aspirante
07/20/2024 3:47 a.m.

Debut: julio 2012 con 34 años. DM1. Novorapid: 6-8-10. Lantus: 11. Última HbA1c: 7,3 (febrero 2024).
Recordatorios de insulina SNACK & NOW.

aspirant said:
hello dani_gt,

Remember that, as said @Sherpa41 in the other specific thread about seeing the readings directly on the clock, Dexcom has not yet released the update in Spain that allows the iPhone to be dispensed with so that the Apple Watch reads the sensor directly.

@Sherpa41 said:

"Yesterday I wrote to Dexcom Spain, requesting information and told me in capital letters that " The direct connection with the Apple Watch is not yet available in Spain ".

And that the prices of the G7 are 82 euros the unit and that lasts 10 days. "

I guess in a few months it will be available here.I know that in Germany it is already operational and, of course in the US.Meanwhile you must use the iPhone as an intermediary device.It is not usually a big problem.Courage in diabetes debut.The "honeymoon" is complicated to manage.

Health and luck,

Thank you very much for the information!

A hug

Dani_GT's profile photo
Dani_GT
07/20/2024 8:26 a.m.

Lada Julio 2024.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.