We are people at risk or not?

ajd's profile photo   04/14/2021 9:21 p.m.

Good evening, I open this thread to see if someone could clarify me, without counting on the profession of each one, if we are people at risk by diabetes with the Covid or not, and if you have already been vaccinated and why criteria.Thank you so much.

ajd's profile photo
ajd
04/14/2021 9:21 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

I think there is not a single criterion, because we are not always considered risk of what I see in these months.Or also, that at the same time and place one is considered and the other does not.
In my work, there is a partner who has diabetes and he has worked throughout the year and they dropped me for two months.To my m have adapted a little work and nothing.
So I don't know what criteria they follow, but the same for everyone not.
I am vaccinated since January, but not because it is risky.

Anaisabel's profile photo
Anaisabel
04/14/2021 9:32 p.m.

I have the first dose of Astrazeneca (and if I know what is going to happen to me, I do not put it on), but they have put it because I am a teacher in an institute ... (adaptation of our job: Put onfour or five masks ...)

cgs's profile photo
cgs
04/14/2021 9:52 p.m.

Diagnosticada de DM en enero de 2019, con tres generaciones (yo sería la cuarta) de diabéticos tipo 1 en la familia
En principio DM2 por resistencia a la insulina asociada a SOP (sin tener en cuenta los antecedentes familiares)
De momento, solo con Forxiga y Rybelsus (7mg) por la mañana
La glucosa hace lo que le da la gana
Ultimas Hemos: 7,2 (26/12/2023); 6,7 (12/2/2023, al mes de empezar con Rybelsus 3mg)
Última hemo: 6

In theory, diabetics are risk group.

In this official government document you will find diabetics in the section of vulnerable groups.

I hope I answer your question.

DavidAG2000's profile photo
DavidAG2000
04/14/2021 11:46 p.m.

Thank you all for answering.

ajd's profile photo
ajd
04/15/2021 12:08 a.m.

@Ajd, yes, to vaccinate we are in the risk group.
But yesterday a doctor told me that one of the Covid problems is that the reason is still not known to some serious and others pass it without symptoms.
If that cause was found, vaccination would be much more selective.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
04/15/2021 3:35 a.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

The endocrine told me that diabetics have the same effects as non -diabetic.They no longer consider them risk groups.
At first it was so due to ignorance, but now they have proven that it affects them the same as a non -diabetic person.
I have known elders with diabetes 1 from childhood that have been asymptomatic and some very slight.And healthy relatives who have had a fatal, but specifically to which I mean it is a person with a lot of stress and I think that a lot affects the immune system and that is why he spent it worse than the rest to those he infected;Moreover, I was left to the 3 weeks of having the negative PCRs ..... the stress!

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
04/15/2021 9:08 a.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

Well, I do not agree with your endocrine, because if any infection affects us, imagine a month in the ICU with bilateral pneumonia and if they have to put you corticosteroids or tell you.

Alberto_13's profile photo
Alberto_13
04/15/2021 9:23 a.m.

DM3c desde 2018; hb 6 % (feb.. 2022) (tresiba+fiasp+metformina)

ruthbia said:
The endocrine told me that diabetics have the same effects as non -diabetics.They no longer consider them risk groups.
At first it was so due to ignorance, but now they have proven that it affects them the same as a non -diabetic person.
I have known elders with diabetes 1 from childhood that have been asymptomatic and some very slight.And healthy relatives who have had a fatal, but specifically to which I mean it is a person with a lot of stress and I think that a lot affects the immune system and that is why he spent it worse than the rest to those he infected;Moreover, it was left to the 3 weeks of having the negative PCRs ..... the stress!

A priori we are at risk, in the documents now, updated and not a year ago, we continue to appear as a risk group of the former.I do not agree with your endocrine, another thing is at the control level of each one and the associated pathologies if.There are.I know by my profession several young type 1 diabetics and with good control that have passed the COVID and all have been admitted, surely some by caution and see evolution.It is not known why some affect so much and not others.But that is another issue.What is certain is that apart from the infection itself, for the treatment they put you dexametaso to q is a corticoid, and that raises the glycemia that flip and decompose everything.

meginer's profile photo
meginer
04/15/2021 11:24 a.m.

It also sounded to me that they have left us out of vaccination, as if we were not a risk group, you can see it in This link
Yes, we are within the risk group if we take COVID but do not take us into account as such for vaccination.

In case it is something, I am Mrs. Pupas, I have everything and I had a slight covid in December.Uncontrollable, but well without the need to go to emergency at any time.I live with my family, the day before my diagnosis I was sitting at the same table with them and playing cards, no one else took it.I have an athlete friend, healthy, takes care of you ... spent 2 months extremely bad.There must be some genetic type component or something that is escaping.You never know.

NiñaBurbuja's profile photo
NiñaBurbuja
04/15/2021 6:25 p.m.

T1 diagnosticada a los 24, tengo 31.
Además soy celiaca y con muchas alergias alimentarias, entre ellas profilina. Recientemente diagnosticada con hipotiroidismo también.

According to the Niñaburbuja link we have already been out of the risk groups so to be lucky that we are clear ..

ajd's profile photo
ajd
04/15/2021 7:25 p.m.

meginer said:
ruthbia said:
The endocrine told me that diabetics have the same effects as non -diabetic.They no longer consider them risk groups.
I have known elders with diabetes 1 from childhood that have been asymptomatic and some very slight.And healthy relatives who have had a fatal, but specifically to which I mean it is a person with a lot of stress and I think that a lot affects the immune system and that is why he spent it worse than the rest to those he infected;Moreover, it was left to the 3 weeks of having the negative PCRs ..... the stress!

A priori we are at risk, in the documents now, updated and not a year ago, we continue to appear as a risk group of the former.I do not agree with your endocrine, another thing is at the control level of each one and the associated pathologies if.There are.I know by my profession several young type 1 diabetics and with good control that have passed the COVID and all have been admitted, surely some by caution and see evolution.It is not known why some affect so much and not others.But that is another issue.What is certain is that apart from the infection itself, for the treatment they put you dexametase to q is a corticoid, and that uploads the glycemia that flips and decompose everything.

Hi Meginer, and how is it possible that in the Niñaburbuja link they will put us at risk but leave us out of vaccination?, And that the lists will do doctors or at least scientists, but it gives the feeling that we are sold.

ajd's profile photo
ajd
04/15/2021 7:31 p.m.

ajd said:
meginer said:
ruthbia said:
ruthbia said:
told me the endocrine that diabetics have thesame effects as non -diabetic.They no longer consider them risk groups.

A priori we are at risk, in the documents now, updated and not a year ago, we continue to appear as a risk group of the former.I do not agree with your endocrine, another thing is at the control level of each one and the associated pathologies if.There are.I know by my profession several young type 1 diabetics and with good control that have passed the COVID and all have been admitted, surely some by caution and see evolution.It is not known why some affect so much and not others.But that is another issue.What is certain is that apart from the infection itself, for the treatment they put you dexametase to q is a corticoid, and that uploads the glycemia that flips and decompose everything.

Hello Meginer, and how is it possible that in the Niñaburbuja link they will put us at risk but leave us out of vaccination?, And that the lists will do doctors or at least scientists, but it gives the feeling that we are sold./Blockquote>

It is very likely that it is because of the lack of vaccines, I understand that they prioritize other types of groups and in the end if a diabetic sugar is raised because insulin by a tube and to pray.No idea if so, but it is what I imagine.

NiñaBurbuja's profile photo
NiñaBurbuja
04/15/2021 8:03 p.m.

T1 diagnosticada a los 24, tengo 31.
Además soy celiaca y con muchas alergias alimentarias, entre ellas profilina. Recientemente diagnosticada con hipotiroidismo también.

ajd said:
according to the niñaburbuja link we have already been out of the risk groups so to be lucky that we have been clear ..

Well, in my center they are vaccinating young people with pathologies: diabetes, asthma etc.

meginer's profile photo
meginer
04/15/2021 10:07 p.m.

meginer said:
ajd said:
according to the niñaburbuja link we have already been out of the risk groups so to be lucky..

Well, in my center they are vaccinating young people with pathologies: diabetes, asthma etc

Well, I live in Castilla y León and here I know nothing at all.

ajd's profile photo
ajd
04/16/2021 12:22 a.m.

This comes out today in a news of El Diario.It is: another organ that has often met with the Ministry is the Spanish Federation of Diabetes.One of its managers, José Antonio Saz, explains that they do not ask that the six million diabetics be included who calculate that there are in Spain, because not everyone has the same risk and there are more urgent people to vaccinate than someone young with diabetes but inGood health.They also are complicated to define by groups what is an "uncontrolled diabetes", which can imply more danger.So it indicates that your proposal is that "people with diabetes who have that disease and other complications are included. Either because they have comorbidities, age or other pathologies, or that they are exposed."That is, for example, that a 65 person with diabetes goes before a healthy 65 person.

ajd's profile photo
ajd
04/17/2021 12:52 p.m.

Do you have data to ask and ensure what you are saying?.... Of course it is more urgent to vaccinate the political couple

Alberto_13's profile photo
Alberto_13
04/17/2021 1:21 p.m.

DM3c desde 2018; hb 6 % (feb.. 2022) (tresiba+fiasp+metformina)

alberto_13 said:
Do you have data to ask and ensure what you are saying?.... Of course, it is more urgent

No idea, Alberto_13, but they have already left us again, and if they do not vaccinate you by age or profession, something that does not, there is nothing to do.

ajd's profile photo
ajd
04/17/2021 2:33 p.m.

I have put the first dose of Astrazeneca because I am an essential personnel.When they summoned me they asked me if I had well controlled diabetes. As I replied yes, they vaccinated me.I had mild side effects, fever and decompensated sugar for a few days.

Ricki21's profile photo
Ricki21
04/17/2021 4:28 p.m.

DM1 desde 1982: Toujeo+Novorapid

It is evident that we are people at risk and we must take care of ourselves at this time.In the same way they should keep us in mind when advancing vaccination but I think there are other numerous ailments that affect and there are few vaccines unfortunately.Age is also a condition in Wsta Covid and very unfortunately.

There is another thing that catches my attention, and it is the relationship of Covid with this disease.Many people who have suffered them have ended with diabetes as I have been able to read.

That is, it affects the diabetics and creates new ones that had some predisposition

JuanSevillano's profile photo
JuanSevillano
04/17/2021 9:13 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.